Sign in to follow this  
Doomy77

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yup, Divinity 1 done and dusted. Playing cooperatively was definitely beneficial as we each came up with solutions to problems that would have stalled the playthrough had we played solo.

Awards

For our next co-op madness, @Borke and I shall tackle Wasteland 3!

Awards

On 10/2/2020 at 10:19 PM, Doomy77 said:

For our next co-op madness, @Borke and I shall tackle Wasteland 3!

I'd like to hear your opinions of it. Most people seem to like it, but also acknowledge that is too long and writers had infantile sense of humour. It is next on my list of coop games to play, unless BG3 mania overtakes me and my brother.

Wasteland 3 co-op run complete!

We enjoyed it a lot - some of the humour may indeed not be to everyone’s taste but we had fun, especially with the combat. There are some technical gripes with online co-op which particularly affected me as the client, but nothing that broke the game and it was generally stable.

We’re open to recommendations for another online co-op RPG to help tide us over until Baldur’s Gate 3 finally leaves early access.

Finished: Divinity 1 and 2, Wasteland 3.

Awards

Started playing Wasteland 3 few days ago. Combat is not top-tier, but it is good enough. Humour is not as bad some say, but not nearly as good as some other people say. It could be a lot better, but as a co-op RPG with tactical battles, I'd take it any day of the week, there are so few of them.

As for co-op suggestions @Doomy77. Original Baldur's Gates and Icewind Dales are still on my mind. Satellite Reign was fun in SP and has co-op, but I don't how well it works as such. For the King I haven't played but I know it has co-op. Secret of Mana exists too, if you are into old console classics. On more shooty side there is Borderlands. 

8 minutes ago, Bouffon said:

Started playing Wasteland 3 few days ago. Combat is not top-tier, but it is good enough. Humour is not as bad some say, but not nearly as good as some other people say. It could be a lot better, but as a co-op RPG with tactical battles, I'd take it any day of the week, there are so few of them.

As for co-op suggestions @Doomy77. Original Baldur's Gates and Icewind Dales are still on my mind. Satellite Reign was fun in SP and has co-op, but I don't how well it works as such. For the King I haven't played but I know it has co-op. Secret of Mana exists too, if you are into old console classics. On more shooty side there is Borderlands. 

A little more on those tech issues I experienced on the client side of things -  difficulty controlling menus, text such as location names and speech bubbles remaining onscreen indefinitely, spoken audio cutting out and Borke managed to interrupt the ending for me by clicking through his screens while I let the slideshow run automatically.

I’d put all of those in the “annoying but not game breaking” category and most can be fixed with a quick reload.

Borderlands has come up in conversation previously. Right now we’re off on a digital co-op board game tangent with Spirit Island via Remote Play Together. Fury of Dracula is also on my radar.

Awards

1 minute ago, Bouffon said:

If you want board games, I have heard that Gloomhaven has pretty decent PC version coming: https://store.steampowered.com/app/780290/Gloomhaven/

Aware of that too. I understand it’s not a straight up recreation of the board game, but we both enjoy tactical turn-based combat.

Awards

I'm also thinking of picking up Tabletop Simulator, which I hadn't so far. It would open up a plethora of other board game options.