The OCC wants You! Discussion Thread

Suido

Orca Cola Championship

WANTS YOU!

The OCC league functions because of the hard working Tier Admins.

The OCC community is a great place because of our Community Admins (MD Fluff Writers, Mentors) and Team Bloggers and Streamers and every coach that contributes creative/tactical/nonsensical/weird/wonderful content!

Contact @Mongloom to join the Tier Admins.

Contact @Suido to join the MD Fluff Writers.

Follow the link to join the Mentors.

Comment below to discuss options.

Start a team blog! Start streaming! Post in the Training Grounds! Do something else that's fun and interesting and beyond the current paradigm!

At the very least, enjoy and interact with others' content and help make this the best Blood Bowl league and community in the world!

Make next Season even better than last Season! 

Be an [insertcolour]suit in the OCC!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Count me in.

You guys do an amazing work, I like the OCC a lot (been here for a mere 5 seasons only) but I have no intention of leaving.

I'm not really savvy with forums and all that but i want to help.

Awards

13 hours ago, dolbain said:

Count me in.

You guys do an amazing work, I like the OCC a lot (been here for a mere 5 seasons only) but I have no intention of leaving.

I'm not really savvy with forums and all that but i want to help.

Awesome! Assuming you would like to join the Tier Admin crew, @Mongloom will contact you.

Before i joined OCC admins i was below average coach with no knowledge how anything works.

On my very first day i woke up enlightened and everything has been clear ever since. After just two weeks i had lost 14 pounds and im still getting results after two seasons. My dice rolling has been upgraded and now my team wont roll single 1's!

And i only had to sacrifice my soul to OCC and donate my back for constant whipping. This is so good deal that 5/5 dentists recommend it!

What are you waiting for?

Most weeks you're unlikely to spend more than an hour on your admin duties. Season start and season end can take a bit more, and occasionally there are unforeseen events that take up your time, like a conflict over a match result. You also need to check in on our forums, and preferably our discord, regularly, in case something has popped up.

Maybe some active redsuits can weigh in?

My advise is to join the team but don't over commit yourself. First season roll with the team, take care of one of the easy assignments that your normal schedule allows you to work with (to post MD threads you have to be able to ditch 1 hour or so on Sunday mornings, to close the match day requires to be 100% available around midnight for Tuesdays or very early Wednesdays). You will certainly be teamed up with one or more other red suits, so should be able to cover each other's bases if needed. I would not go into side competitions because you really don't know how much time it will be for you, so better to leave that for upcoming seasons. 

The most important thing, however, is to have the forum open on a tab and check it regularly. The web works well so whenever you get a DM or your tier admin forum receives an update from a fellow, you should be able to reply on a daily basis. Because sometimes it requires to make important decisions in a snap of time - like deciding the result of an unplayed game right before having to roll over the match day for the next week. 

1 hour ago, dolbain said:

Do you want my help or not?

Relax. Mongloom reacted to your post so he knows you've volunteered. But this is the end of the season so reds and greens are extra busy closing up the season and making sure standings are correct, prepping for new divisions, etc. Soon they'll get around to forming new admin teams.