Ynwe

Mentor program: Sign up here

Hi! I'm hoping to get some a bit of help around playing after a debuting my Dark Elves (Darkhand's Destroyers) with a WDL of 1-1-7 in T6 and a WDL 1-2-6 in T5. Outside of the OCC, I've got around 100 games under my belt, primarily in the Catalyst leagues with a win rate under 30%. 

I feel like I'm doing an OK job most of the time with kickoff formations, setting up blocks, etc., but I know I'm definitely having a lot of problems making a win come together. I don't think I have much I can say about matchups that are troubling me, as I seem to lose most every game, and my wins are against Pro Elves and Ogres, with ties against Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves and Norse. I've also pulled off a single 1 Turn Touchdown, which really made my day. 

As far as I can tell, here are some things I need help with:

• Playing Offense: I'm having a hard time consistently scoring when I have the ball. So, setting up passes, doing the side switches that Dark Elves do, etc.
  • Not getting into big scrums: I keep getting into situations where I find myself ending turns with more players in base contact than is ideal when playing an Elf team. More than that, sometimes I get sucked into a big pile of violence where 10 or so players are all stuck together, and it costs me a bunch of injuries, KOs, etc. 

I probably need more help than just that, but I know I'm having a hard time seeing my problems. Most of my losses are 2-1, but I've had a few blowouts. 

As far as other input, I think my team comp is OK, but I'm interested in feedback. My most questionable choice is probably an assassin, and I wonder about firing my Line Elf with a niggling injury, Kick and Wrestle. 

Edited by Knife Ear
link

On 9/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, Ynwe said:

heyho @Barvey Hirdman, sorry was out of town so getting back to you a bit late. If I may ask, what race are you playing in the OCC? Feels like there are a lot of things you want to improve on, so I wonder if we could list some key points you want to improve at. As far as I understand, you want to improve at: 

- kick off formations

- planning your turn

-planning your half

Is that a fair summary? 

Yep, that’s a good summary. I’m playing Nurgle in OCC, I used to play them back in the day. (Not well though :D)

Hey, I've been playing BB for about 3 weeks. I've become kind of obsessive cause it's a great game, so I've devoured several articles and some youtube +twitch streamers. From turns 1 to 16, I feel like I understand the basics and just need to lose a lot so I can learn from my mistakes and apply principles I've read or seen. I mainly want a mentor to ask questions about how to handle the decisions you make between games. I'm hooked on necromantic for now because werewolves seem really good, but I'm sure I'll coach dwarves eventually because reasons. I expect to lose a lot, as right now I seem to be good enough to almost always beat the AI on hard, but bad enough to almost always lose to human opponents.

Hey there!
I've first played BB2 late 2019, although I started playing more often since march 20 (because of reasons, you know). Since that time I've played some games, I think I should be close to a ~100, maybe not there yet though, not sure. Anyway, I've mostly played and "understand" (to the extent that experience gave me) bash teams, but I seem to be pretty clueless as to how to play with a more agile/less strong team, as I tend to struggle a bit on the gameplan when I'm on the weak side of armor. That's what I'd like to improve, playing with the so called agi teams. I know skavens are not exactly the archetype of agi team but fullfill the role in the pitch pretty well (although worse linos, better blitzers) and I like them a lot lore wise, so that's what I'm playing in first season in OCC. And I'm playing a rogre because I hope it'll be fun and not die the first game.

So, it'd be great if someone would give a hand on this! Be it some friendlies, general advice, review some of the games to spot mistakes or just talk through level ups and set ups. Bonus points for advice on OTTDs!

Hello!

I am Joey Wevs in discord/bloodbowl and here is my Twitch - twitch.tv/red_herring_gaming86/profile, would love to have a mentor for Kislev coaching. I will be playing Kislev in my first ever season of OCC.

I've played with so many races and at the moment playing Chaos, Dark Elves, Kislev and Necro in other leagues, and Kislev is the team I've loved the most. I have maybe played about 200 to 300 games in blood bowl and honestly think i could use improvement in positioning on both offense and defense. I think I know how to screen but often over commit and get stuck in brawls.

Any help that I can receive would be amazing to have.

Thanks!