Javelin

New Underworld Roster

+1 skaven gutter runner without mutation access on normals, +1 skaven lineman, -1 skaven blitzer, -1 skaven thrower

This seems really weird to me.  Losing a STR3 player with block and strength/mutations access is a big loss to such a fragile team to begin with.  Obviously a gutter runner will really open up some scoring opportunities, but a single gutter runner can be contained.  I'm not sure how I feel about it.  A lot of comments suggest it was changed just so GW could re-use a skaven spree for the box set.

18 hours ago, Pidpad said:

It's likely to be better for tournament play but worse for leagues.

This.

Mostly because tournament Underworld tend to lean heavily on Skitter and 2 GR are much more tiresome.

Also - I'm thinking that the lack of M on a normal for the GR will be subject to a swift errata. Parts of the Spike make it read as if the intention was to have M a normal roll choice as per the rest of the team - appears to be a lazy cut/paste from the Skaven roster!

Awards

Getting normal mutation access for the GR feels like a must have. It's only one runner, so no matter what OP ball stealing skill set you take, it's manageable to play against.

Losing the second thrower is fine.

Losing the second blitzer hurts them really bad in the league format. It takes time for a killer blitzer to develop, and not having a back up would really screw them over at high TV.