UnDeadly As Cuz!

Suido

Cool, undead was my first bloodbowl team for TT.

At that time mummies could get general skills also.

But they are cool and very effective TV wise.

Meaning you will probably get inducements if/when you advance up in the higher tiers. 

I think they have a nice combinations and respect the skeletons thick skull. I used to have one over zombies to use the speed. 

But it was a long time since I played them.

Good luck I'll follow this page and your journey. 

MD1 vs Kaptin Badruk Raiders (1410TV) @Xcalibur

Yeah, nah, so I did exactly as planned here aye? Started with 2 ghouls, induced 2 DP skellies and 2 bribes, 440k well spent, I reckon.

Their lineup: no guard, coupla MB blitzers, both throwers and a blitzer have dodge, troll, gobbo, no skilled black orcs. Very nice to not have to deal with guard, hope my mummies and DP skellies do more damage than their MB trio.

Won the toss and received, the bloody greenies kicked it inta touch didn't they. Gave it to a ghoul, you bewdy. No damage on the hits, then a skellie lines up a black orc and does fuck all except use up a bribe. Ah well, that's why I've got two, aye?

No worries, a wight knocked out a black orc next turn, and then the second foul put another black orc in the KO box as well. Giddy up mate. Too bad the third foul was a repeat of the first. Ah well, that's why I've got two mercs, aye?

The troll went stupid, and I went past it up the left side, goin for one more foul that KOd a blitzer, but that left me ghoul a bit exposed, aye. Coulda been rooted but the greenies buggered up the gfi. Great Fuckin Ideas, them things. So I consolidated position and didn't fuck anything else up too badly. 1-0 for the drive, you bewdy.

Too bad I forgot about the gobbo. Too bad I didn't just do a sensible wall at the back anyway. Too bad the 1TTD worked. 1-1 at half time. Jeez, I could do with a wizard right about now, aye?

So I'm up shit creek, and greenies go on a spree and I'm down 6 players, so now I don't have a paddle. 2-1. Just enough doubt in their coach's mind to give me two turns to even it up. Game on. Quick snap! You bewdy! Kick lands just near my backfield ghoul! Like rain on a hot tin roof, mate, it was sounding a bit of alright.

First turn goes as well as it could. Ghoul and wight in range, mummies in decent positions. Too bad one of greenies launches a 2xgfi, 1D hit that floors the wight. Then another greeny get a useful 1D push, and it's all looking a bit difficult, aye? No worries, I'll just blitz my way clear. Too bad I fuck up the wight's action, so it stands up like a bloody idiot and doesn't blitz. Now it's really fuckin hard. I can handoff in a tacklezone and blitz through with the ghoul, better than blitzing first then passing to the endzone. Or the mummy can pow a blodger to free up a zombie. Three dice. Reroll, pow. Casualty! Fuckin A! Zombie blitzes the marker, and now it's just a TZ-free handoff and a dodge or GFI to draw the match. Too bad, so sad, couldn't catch the handoff.

Just crunched the numbers. I was about 75% to score if I'd blitzed with the wight. Once that option was lost to a misclick, I was back to about 56%, and the mummy powing a blodger was 2% worse than the handoff in a TZ option. So not much in it. 

Not bad for a first league game with undead. Offense went ok, made a couple of mistakes that I didn't pay for. Defence fell apart once I was outnumbered, but lack of skilled players and a spiralling player deficit will do that to any team. 

• TD for a ghoul, Cas for a mummy, MVP for a zombie.
  • BOG (Best on Ground): Michael Longdead for 5 AV breaks, 1 KO, 1 Cas.
  • Cas was a kill fixed up to MNG, so 0 BH points.
  • 5 fouls, 2 KOs, two bribes used, no sendoffs, so 7 DG points.

Both comps are gonna be tough with all the AV9 in the division. No worries, still give it a crack, aye.

Seeya for MD2, cobbers, it's more orcs, but this time they're savage. That means seven frenzy and a fun lookin match up.

40 minutes ago, Juriel said:

Just watched the replay! Was a lovely show of isolating orcs for a gangfoul in the first half.

Cannot wait to see the frenzy orcs.

Cheers! Did what I could, but the dice failed to provide even lovelier results for the gangfouls, then losing both bribes + game situation prevented more.

One of the key moments I keep thinking about was at the start of the second half. The troll went stupid, allowing me to blitz an MB blitzer. Sweet - even a push would have been good, giving a mummy a block and allowing the wight to retreat from the troll. Instead, I rolled skull/BD and the wight got stuck there until (eventually, but too late) dodging free. Hard call to reroll a non-turnover result in the first turn of a half, but probably should have.

Xcalibur noted that I didn't put either ghoul on defense, suggesting it would have given me more speed and adaptability. True. My thought process was that I was facing a 2-1 grind against 2 blodgers and I had no wrestle or tackle. I figured the best way to stop it was with player removals, hence fielding the two DP skeletons instead. Could have probably swapped a zombie for a ghoul, I didn't think of that at the time. In the end, it wouldn't have mattered given six of my players left the pitch in about five turns.

My thoughts during the second half were: but but but you *need* the ghoul mobility on the field! oh no why get the Wight stuck next to Trolll noooo! is there a way to chainpush a score out of this guess not with the goblin MVP with the diving tackle in the way

Not seen the game yet, will go though it with you tonight, I just wanted to chime in regarding the Wights and Ghoul conversation... I always roll out 3 ghouls to start with, they die so fast you need to keep a constant stream of replacements, though I understand looking at your division why you were afraid...

Damn wtf are those Dwarfs doing in that division - Brutal!

So Wights, now killing things is something I pride myself on doing as well as anyone in any league, I level both wights to be blitzers but only one to be a killer MB, PO, Tackle, Juggs, Jump Up are essential in this build but don't bother with JU until you have at least MB & PO, ignore doubles before that. Juggs is so overlooked but it cacnels fend and Wrestle this means you can target players with Blodge Fend like they were unskilled rookies this should allow you to establish a player advantage, Finally the last skill I love pro for those non turn over blocks that do nothing always a great choice but a double could be more interesting.

Second Wight, I like MB, Tackle, Guard, then skills based on what you get, you can go Juggs + Strip ball.. You can try blodge stand firm.. If you are lucky to get +1 strength you can can Frenzy, Juggs, which has to be my fav support build for a aggressive blitzer as it allows you to punch holes in a defence and set up chain pushes for additional blocks or to start surfing.

Anyway just wanted to add my thoughts to this and I'll chat to you tonight...

Excellent first mentoring session with crimsonsun - one key point was about maintaining a narrower front, more cohesive structure. I'm far too used to playing wide with elves.

I do love juggs. It also cancels stand firm, which is huge.

1 minute ago, Suido said:

Excellent first mentoring session with crimsonsun - one key point was about maintaining a narrower front, more cohesive structure. I'm far too used to playing wide with elves.

I do love juggs. It also cancels stand firm, which is huge.

Great chatting with you and meeting you online, always good to chat to new faces!

Juggs is amazing, there's rarely a team I can't find space for it in...Look forwards to reviewing you next match... Damn this limit to being able to like posts, seems counter inituative.

MD2 will roll around very early, 0900 Wednesday. Two deaths and two levels in the orcs' last match, which has halved their guards (2->1) and made no change to the frenzy numbers (7-2+2). I prefer to face frenzy on 3 black orcs/3 blitzers than 2/4 respectively, so it is a bit better.

3rd ghoul has been hired, so I've only disappointed the hardcore 3 ghoul starting roster fans for one game.

310K inducements:

• DP merc/bribe/babe
  • wizard/dp merc
  • 10K short of getting the DP merc + 2 bribes :gutted:

Genuinely unsure of whether to go for the wizard or the insurance against a red card and KOs. Losing the DP skelly on turn 1 would be very annoying, but I would have a wizard.

7 hours ago, Suido said:

What's the problem? I had a look at your permissions, they should be the same as any coach on the forum.

I believe it’s a general thing - nobody is allowed to like more than ten posts per day.

As for the orcs, I always want a wizard first.

6 hours ago, Doomy77 said:

I believe it’s a general thing - nobody is allowed to like more than ten posts per day.

As for the orcs, I always want a wizard first.

i think that is the overall coach limit. it is changeable, but i think it was set just so people dont spam likes/upvotes.

Yeah its a limit to the number of likes you can put out in a day, which is fine if you visit the forums every day or few days but when you come back after a long absence and try to catch up on some threads and see whats going on 10 likes goes in a flash...

My advice which I gave the other day is bribe, babe, wizard... I feel a babe is invaluable in a match like this one, Wizard can break the back of a drive and a bribe because fouling is great... How much is hack n slash that could be a fun alternative to a bribe/DP skeleton you'll get multiple free +3 av attacks I think hes 120k so I don't know if that's doable.

Never hack imo loner chainsaw not worth it

1 bribe is not worth it imo

id go for wizard dp skelly it gives you both a wiz and a extra player

you were reallly unlucky with the fouls last match so don’t give up on that.

i would have probably skipped using the second bribe late in the first half since you had plenty of players + a extra dp for the second half and already secured the score

on defense I would always play 2-3 ghouls and with a wiz  it’s a no brainer.

i would look at your defensive set up if I were you I think I understand why you set up with the mummy’s in the middle (protect them and make it hard for the orcs to go down the middle) If you set them up two squares back next to the wide zone they cover the entire the whole front despite ma3 and are the only blitz option and with taking at least 3 players to blitz forces the opponent to commit to that side so the not being able to move after getting knocked down won’t matter.

if you place a wights right behind and and 2 zombies in the middle (2 ghoul only) most teams can’t 2d a mummy without leaving players in contact.

just my 2 cents

Faaaaaaarrrrrrk. Wild swings between awesome and frustrating luck. 

Picked a wizard, a bribe and a babe. Won the toss, kicked. Set up the mummies behind the LoS as frenzy traps. Sweet as, mate.

Rolled Quick Snap, gave away some free hits on the mummies. Not sweet.

The savages rolled a million pushes, so not bad, I spose?

Mummy got a casualty, drew a crowd, the savages ganged up to take down both mummies in one turn. That put 4 orcs including the ball carrier in a neat square, and the wizard dropped a fireball. 4/4 knocked down, you beaut.

Ghoul got the ball, all the orcs marked, even dropped a happy foul on their MB blitzer for no result. Now for the pendulum to swing from awesome to frustrating. After that beaut fireball, the orcs started dodging, two marking up the ball carrier, and my hitting dice went to shit. Five 1/9 block results in three turns resulted in two burned rerolls and three turnovers. That buggered me chances of scoring in the first half, 0-0.

Babe did good work, turning three wake ups into four. 100%, sweet as. Kick landed on top of a ghoul who took a solid chest mark. Coupla KOs on the LoS, one by a mummy, the other by a foul, and it was 11 vs 7. The remaining greenies got out of the way, so I didn't get to practice the narrower formation drive. The ghouls took it up field, quick pass got an SPP for one and put it in the hands of my scorer from last match. Only 1 orc in the casualty box so no interest in scoring earlier than I had to, stall, stall, bunch more KOs on both sides, eventually there's some pressure on the ball carrier and we scored on turn 6. 1-0, solid pozzie you'd think.

All four of their knocked out players woke up. Dead set rude. 10v10. Short kick, not great. Bit of argy bargy, and the orcs got two players in range for their final turn. Marked the black orc with a mummy. No worries. Then I shat the bed, making a series of shit decisions that I knew were shit immediately after clicking. 

• Positioning of wight on previous turn meant it had to GFI to assist. Burned the reroll. Bugger.
  • Didn't follow up with a ghoul, that left a lineman free to assist their blitzer. Bugger me.
  • Blitz failed to take down the other scoring option (reroll woulda been useful, hey!), then I chose the wrong push direction. Bugger.
  • Chose the wrong place for my blitzer to end up, should have been in front of the orc. Hoo, bugger me.

A lot of variables at play, but I reckon I coulda halved the orcs' chance of scoring. Instead, the orc blitzed into the endzone, the ball carrier dodged away from its marker, long pass, catch, TD. 1-1 on the buzzer.

After failing to convert a 75% chance to draw MD1, watching my opponent convert a ~25% chance was frustrating. Knowing I coulda made it something like 10-15%, even more so. Gotta slow my clicks down at the end of the game. Take a breather. Make true blue, ridgy didge decisions.

• 2nd TD for Shaun, he gets WRESTLE and no more TDs for a while
  • 1 Cas for mummy, both now on 2 SPPs, ready for an MVP. Alas, MVP went to another zombie
  • One zombie MNG, so only 11 rostered players for next match
  • Zero Bounty Hunter points again. 
  • 4 fouls, 1 KO, 5 Dirty Git points
  • BoG - wizard

Skaven and underworld next, hopefully the wights can get a few SPPs.

Got 50K cash, tempted to buy a skeleton for fouling and bench depth before getting the fourth ghoul.

11 hours ago, BallztotheWalla said:

moving the ghoul back on turn 13 was a mistake and killed your stall. Dont know why you didnt just keep both on the blitzer? forcing him to dodge or uphill block to not get surfed.

I hate stalling with unskilled players. I was ok with holding off that blitzer with 2-3 players, despite it refusing to fail a dodge or armour roll, but I knew a second orc getting free of the scrum would kill the stall. I was getting nervous about the guard blitzer breaking free from the mummy. So I sent the ghoul back to try and prevent that, but the guard blitzer just uphill blocked the mummy until it could break free anyway. That would have killed the stall whether the ghoul went back or not. I wasn't prepared to accept any risk to a rookie ball carrier, even of being marked. Shrug.

16 hours ago, crimsonsun said:

I'll watch the game tonight or tomorrow, is there anything specific you want me to look at this week?

As mentioned on discord, key decisions: wizard use, number of players committed to protecting the stall, letting myself get spread out on defense again.

2 minutes ago, Suido said:

I hate stalling with unskilled players. That blitzer refused to fail a dodge or armour roll, and I was getting nervous about the guard blitzer breaking free from the mummy. So I sent the ghoul back to try and prevent that, but it broke free anyway with those uphill blocks. Shrug.

Trust your ghouls the are hard to bring down and they can dodge without burning a rr.

i agree that if the guard broke free and he didn’t overcommit to one side, I would have scored to, but no reason to not just see if it happened and then react.

8 minutes ago, BallztotheWalla said:

Trust your ghouls the are hard to bring down and they can dodge without burning a rr.

I wasn't willing to accept anything less than 100% chance of scoring in that situation. The ghoul needed the 3 SPPs for first level and meant I was odds on to win and couldn't lose. An 11% chance of a failed dodge would have opened the possibility of an orc win.

1 minute ago, Suido said:

I wasn't willing to accept anything less than 100% chance of scoring. The ghoul needed the 3 SPPs for first level and meant I was odds on to win.

Understandable ( but that just means he will take rock to the face and die next match)

damn I miss playing undead, such a great team until the claws come out.

Thanks to @crimsonsun for another excellent mentoring session. We focused on key decision moments: excellent discussion of getting my key players bogged down on offense, and how two of my fouls seriously weakened my positioning/structure for zero benefit. 

Next up is skaven on Friday morning UTC. Juggs/SF rat ogre brings a surfing/cage busting threat, two blodge GRs and a few journeymen.

I have one MNG zombie, so 11 rostered players, 50K in the bank and expecting 200K inducements if I've calculated their MNGs and journeymen correctly.

Options:

• Buy rostered skeleton, induce one of the following:
    • wizard
    • bribe/babe
    • DP skelly
  • Keep roster as is, saving for 4th ghoul, induce one of the following:
    • wizard/babe
    • 2 bribes
    • dp skelly + babe

General planning:

• No tackle yet, so I'll be relying on the wrestle ghoul or 3D hits for taking down GRs
  • Denying the rat ogre blitzes against my cage, either by marking or screening it.
  • Giving wights and mummies maximum opportunities for casualties against AV7
  • Feed TDs to one rookie ghoul
  • More focused fouling - GRs only, and within good team positioning

Having a DP player is very tempting for occasions when those GRs are on the ground, but I'm leaning towards buying the skeleton and inducing a wizard.

Edit: Deleted references to claw/MB blitzers, that's next match.

Wizard looks just too tempting, to discourage a Gutter from stalling in your/their backfield with the ball.

That said, you are playing Undead, and fouling is a key part of that experience. But I'd rather you practise it on elves and not poor, innocent rats. :saint:

Rats are fast, wizard might burn em or wizard might zap em. But i doubt rats make classic cage, so dropping fireball isnt so effective. I could say im pretty expert in non-effective wizard, from last 2 times i've used it 0/5 and 1/4.

But dont listen to me, just find some inspirational songs like:

Ice Queen - I foul em all

Christoph Tin - Bribery

Enriq Iglesias - Dirty Player