Mentor Allocation Thread

Ynwe

In this thread I will assign the coaches to the respective students, depending on the race and needs the student posted. If you are assigned a student please confirm with me that you accept this request in this thread. If you don't have time or have some other reason that prevents you from taking the student, please let me know!

As we don't have too many sign ups this season sadly, this should be fairly simple

@Gadajs since you are OCC's pro elf lover #1 (despite playing dirty dirty nurglites) I thought you would make a great coach for CtJester

@crimsonsun would you be willing to help out a greensuit and teach Suido the way of the undead bash?

@Mayhemzz22 You just signed up and are already up for the grabs! Kinroth is a new BB player that is playing Skaven in the OCC and is a tad unsure how to play agile, but low armour teams.

@Juriel burning_phoneix  has stated that he wants to learn the way of the dwarf! Even though I do detest dwarves as a woodie player, I think you might be the one to help him the most on the way.

We have one special case, Sidra,  a coach that signed up but then rescinded their application due to their time zone. UTC -6. Is a VERY new coach and I would still want to offer the student some help, even if he/she isn't directly tied to the OCC this season at least. @Kjelstad are you willing to help him out? You seemed rather positive towards the them in the thread.

@Gadajs, @crimsonsun, @Mayhemzz22, @Juriel, you all have pupils playing in the OCC. It is only natural that you use their OCC teams as part of your mentoring methods, but remember that our rules forbid playing any games outside of the OCC structure, inluding friendlies. If you want to play against their OCC teams, make them create custom teams.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble, but league and its rules come first. 

On 7/27/2020 at 1:07 AM, Bouffon said:

@Gadajs, @crimsonsun, @Mayhemzz22, @Juriel, you all have pupils playing in the OCC. It is only natural that you use their OCC teams as part of your mentoring methods, but remember that our rules forbid playing any games outside of the OCC structure, inluding friendlies. If you want to play against their OCC teams, make them create custom teams.

Thank you and sorry for the trouble, but league and its rules come first. 

Thanks I wasn't aware of that, been out of the circuit for a long time, though I hadn't planned to set up a match anyway so it wouldn't have come up.

• 2 months later...

New Season, new allocation! To any coaches, please confirm with me if you are ok with taking the student!

Magnus the Pink is playing Gobbos and wants to improve overall when it comes to kick off formations and wants to know some in depth goblin tricks when it comes to fouling or playing them properly. @Juriel you have experience with almost all teams. Sadly we don't have a dedicated goblin coach, so are you willing to try this one? Magnus is under no impression that gobbos are a competetive team, he just wants to improve overall to have more fun with them!

Knife Ear is playing Darkies and wants to improve with them.  @jounisii you are an experienced elf coach, so I thought of you. Knife says he has problems scoring consistently and ends up with too many players in base to base contact at the end of his turn, leading to higher amount of casualties. Could you help him? 

Barvey Hirdman is playing Nurlge, so of course I had to think of our highly esteemed and nurlge one trick player @Gadajs :P. Barvey says he needs to improve on kick off formations and just overall game strategy for his half and then executing on that strategy on a turn by turn basis. He says his favorite teams all play very different styles so he is unsure how to play and applies a very abrupt playstyle. I think you can help him, given you love the stinky nurglites so much!

AbeFroman is new to the game, says he has been playing for roughly a bit over a month. He wants to play and improve with necromantic and is searching for a mentor that he primarily can ask some questions @crimsonsun could you take this one?

Kezrael picked skaven as they kind of are an agility team. He is also still very new, plaiyng since March, and needs some basic advice, such as around 1 turning, hitting and overall gameplan. @Borke as we don't have a dedicated skaven coach, I was hoping you could take this one!

Thats all so far, again please do tell me if you can or cannot take the student under your wing for this season!

Whoa, the forums didn't pop up a notification.

I'll contact Magnus the Pink about the Goblins.

I am available if there's a need for, say, covering the Necros as well. They and Skaven are among my favorite teams, after all.

Knife Ear is playing Darkies and wants to improve with them.  @jounisii you are an experienced elf coach, so I thought of you. Knife says he has problems scoring consistently and ends up with too many players in base to base contact at the end of his turn, leading to higher amount of casualties. Could you help him? 

Hey @Ynwe, it looks like jounisii may be out this season. Any other thoughts on who might be a good mentor? Thanks.

Edited by Knife Ear
Formatting

On 10/24/2020 at 11:31 PM, Knife Ear said:

Hey @Ynwe, it looks like jounisii may be out this season. Any other thoughts on who might be a good mentor? Thanks.

Sorry man, jounisii has been out for a while, had a replacement already in place but turns out that one is AFK too.. @JamesJenks92is willing to help you! He will get into contact with you.

Again, sorry for taking so long and failing to find a mentor for you properly.

• 2 weeks later...