Leaked info on the new Blood Bowl?

Smiling Tom

Passing skills no longer available to every player on a double.

Not a huge material change because so few players take passing skills on doubles anyway (guard/dodge yolo!) but would mean linemen can't get Leader - likely biggest impact will be to tournament rosters.

If this rule for passing goes as we speculate, it will be a lot harder to perform OTT with the chain push strat, as the most likely outcome will be a scattered pass to the designated pushed runner, you will have to rely on natural 6 pass/not landing on an already moved player in order to be able to pick up and hand off. 

Skavens and wood elves that have some spare gutter runners/catchers to field around, sure. Not all teams have spare ag 3+ pieces to leave in running distance for a hand off. It will become something a lot more niche than it is now.

A skaven thrower with a long pass will have a 4+ chance for inaccurate/6 for accurate (with build in rr). Most plausible result is the inaccurate so you have to do it to an isolated catcher in running distance to the one you have pushed/are about to push to do the hand off. And that if you don't get a turn over for passing the ball to an empty square

25 minutes ago, Smiling Tom said:

A skaven thrower with a long pass will have a 4+ chance for inaccurate/6 for accurate (with build in rr). 

Where are you getting those numbers from.

Skaven thrower has 2+ pass.

Long pass is -2

So 4+ is accurate so 75% with built in reroll.

Wildly inaccurate is 2 or 3

Fumble is 1

That is better than it is now.

Yeah, I don't see how it changes for the worse. A rookie skaven thrower is +1 better to make any range pass under the new rule set.

2+ quick/3+ short/4+ long/5+ bomb

Ah. I think I found the issue.

4 hours ago, Smiling Tom said:

making it accurate only on 6+ 

Not only on a 6+. The rules say:

If the Passing Ability roll is passed, or the roll is a natural 6, the pass is accurate.

Accurate is a successful roll, including natural 6 when the required roll is 7+

Inaccurate is an unsuccessful roll that is not modified to 1- 

Wildly Inaccurate is an unsuccessful roll that was modified to 1-

Fumble is a natural 1

6 hours ago, Suido said:

wildly inaccurate means the ball deviates from thrower's square. Don't know how deviates is different to scattering, which happens on inaccurate passes from target square.

Correction in my earlier post. 

You are right, I missread the table.

Two other things people is hinting at (or from the French leaks) is that

a) You will be able to jump over prone/stunned players as part of your move, I guess with some sort of agility test

b) A player that takes a serious injury (niggling or stat loss) can take "the rest of the season off" to try to recover the injury. This is huge in terms on attrition, and paired with the increase of MNG results means that having 1 off positional or dedicated builds will have an impact on long term, while at the same time being able to hold on players for longer. 

I must say I am thrilled like long time ago.

I love those changes, really and all of them!

- Less oppressive Mighty Blow + Claw ? Yes please.

- More skills - yes please

- Passing is separate from dodging and now Skaven Thrower is more useful than lino, and Gutter Runner are well runners again not ultimate Throwers - yes please x2

- more positionals on teams (I hope not only for stunty teams but for those who have lousy 2 or 2+ Big Guy positionals to chose like Chaos or Vampires) - yes please

- passing skills changed to less oppressive - like Accurate working on shorter passes and second skill for those long ones - yes please

- good change to Niggle Injuries - now only adds to casualty table - now niggle is not that nightmarish result - yes please

Now I am hyped in 90%.
They only need to change Sneaky Git - from useless skill to anything remotely better, add some positionals here and there and I am sold on 119%.

Can't wait for both Table Top and PC versions.

I need both in my life now.

Apparently there will be a new "anti stalling" rule, from what people has guessed from a very bad quality page from the German version of the rulebook. 

Basically, if your ball carrier is in range without having to do any roll and doesn't score this turn will get some sort of punishment (page doesn't seem to contain the pertinent lines). So stalling midfield is OK, breaking through and deciding to hold on it a bit trying to scrap a turn or two, is not. 

7 hours ago, Smiling Tom said:

Apparently there will be a new "anti stalling" rule, from what people has guessed from a very bad quality page from the German version of the rulebook. 

Basically, if your ball carrier is in range without having to do any roll and doesn't score this turn will get some sort of punishment (page doesn't seem to contain the pertinent lines). So stalling midfield is OK, breaking through and deciding to hold on it a bit trying to scrap a turn or two, is not. 

That seems like it could hit very hard against non-elfballers. But too early to tell with all the other changes as well.

Generally, I welcome an upgrade. Not every change will be what we wanted or expected but then again, we all wanted and expected different things, so that was never going to happen. lol

A big meta change before BB3 sounds like a nice, refreshing restart.

I am unsure if this will actually stop the 2-1 grinds, quite the contrary, i think it punishes the players of soft teams that managed a break through and caught the defending team flat footed and with the dilemma of scrambling back to force the score ASAP or get some CAS. Because for anyone doing grinds, boxing in midfield is more efficient than boxing in up field; you won't move into scoring position until it's really needed. But as you said, we will have to see the actual rule, if it is what people has 'guessed' from that blurry photo, and what the punishment for not scoring ASAP is. 

But agree, if the plan is to get games ending 3-2 rather than 2-1, something in that direction is required, tho i'm wary for artificially set conditions. IME, the more rules you put in place, the easier it gets to find a loophole. 

Yeah, it sounds like another example of identifying what they perceive as a problem with the core gameplay and then solving it inelegantly. If they want people to always be pressing for the score they should design a game where that's fundamentally the best tactical choice. Not tack on a rule that forces you to make certain tactical choices.

My first thought when I saw that was, coaches will simply adjust stalling to avoid the penalties. Staying 1 space outside scoring range until turn 7. Running the ball into the corner, using Fumblerooski to drop it, recover it, drop it, etc. Far better to incentivise scoring quickly than penalise stalling in a limited way that will just change how coaches stall. And any rules about needing to advance the ball if possible will be wildly exploited by elf teams staying the hell out of the way.

The random double skill choice for half TV cost is the other thing I thought was overtly dubious. Seems like it adds another layer of complexity to league admin/roster sheets that would barely be used, easy to overlook. Most (all?) players have very obvious best options for at least 2-3 double rolls, plus good normal skill options before you would even consider saving on TV and going random.

14 hours ago, BallztotheWalla said:

have anybody seen the strength skills?

Hope they just remove guard or at least put in some counter skill in the general skills

Guard already has a counter skill. Its called Guard :D

About random skills.

There are pros and cons.

Pros - there are moments and players when you actually don't want any more skills because of TV or actually all your choices are bad/ you do not need them.

Like Big Guys or goblins after couple of levels without any Double have all their choices as meeeeh.

If you then can decide - screw this, I got random one, who cares what he got at least TV will be less then this rule is ok.

Cons - min/maxing in long lasting leagues. After couple of skills on your team taken normally you can try to roll first skills for disposable players (like goblins/linos) as random to see if you roll anything useful and keep them or not if you can replace them.

Also as side note. We don't have full rules, maybe there is some reason/rule why some player get random skill - if you like it or not?

About anti stalling thing.
I don't care much.

It sounds ok - stalling can be boring and frustrating for receiving side. If you dominating then you would have to score to give more chance to opponent do something.

Like I said, I do not care much because of my style of play people usually don't stall that much (stalling = I can gangfoul your precious players each turn, yaaaay).

I heavily depends on what actual rule look like. If this is severe punishment I am not sure if people will be ok with this.

If this less severe one I think most people will be ok, you will have to choose if you take the punishment and stall or just score.

About fouling

I love that they do not change much as current rules are ok, but I like the "Argue with Referee" rule.

Even if for fluff purposes there were thousands of times I want to yell to this little green bastard what I think about his ruling, his mother and tell him how short his.... you know what is.

About teams

I actually can't wait what teams they changed, if any less official teams (but widely used) are in book and what Passing values are for teams I play.

I think this is place where you can easily "fix" Khemri. Whole team still can have AG 2 or lower but throwers can actually be better at passing (or at least nor suck so much).

Also - zombies can't pass. Hell yeah! Screw you Undead and Necro teams! (it's not that I do not like that teams because I LOSE TO THEM ALL THE TIME....)

About rules in general

I found funny some of general complains (not in OCC but on internet) that "OMG rules are more complex now".

Really? Blood Bowl have quite simple rules. Yes some skills and stuff are more complicated but there are tons of much more complicated Table Top games.
I love the idea of Blood Bowl being little more complicated.

About when we get this?

Can someone correct me but as far I understand this new shining thing I need will be around December?

4 hours ago, Smiling Tom said:

I am unsure if this will actually stop the 2-1 grinds, quite the contrary, i think it punishes the players of soft teams that managed a break through and caught the defending team flat footed and with the dilemma of scrambling back to force the score ASAP or get some CAS.

This. So much this. Hanging in the middle and pushing through when you want to score is far riskier than pushing through as early as you spot and opportunity and hanging next to the end zone long as you think is feasible. But if it is something like 2+ roll at the end of your turn and ball carrier just scores automatically then, it ain't that bad.

And I too hate them passing zombies, bane of my existence ;|