Leaked info on the new Blood Bowl?

Smiling Tom

After noticing that the snotling positionals don’t have titchy, I’m starting to think they are somewhat playable.

2 troll, 1-2 pump wagons and morg (who is now cheap and terrifying) backed up with bombs and bribes.

Don’t quite know what I would do with a 11 man 1000tv roster against that if I lost the toss

Edited by BallztotheWalla

5 minutes ago, Hudd said:

Is anyone going to select a random skill, ever?

I'm inclined to keep everything cheap and pay extra spp to pick what I want.  I can't think of any time I would take a random skill.

If I was playing flings the 1st skill would be a general random skill.

A 50K player with a chance of block , wrestle , DP , dauntless , kick that you rebuy if you don't like what you get is better than

A 70K player with block.

Also nearing the end of the season with any team you take the random for the 1st skill. 

If you don't like it you just get a new player at the end of the season.

If you do then you keep the player and don't have the extra TV cost of having to pick the skill.

Snots might get silly. 14 players on the pitch, 6 more on the bench, 5 big guys stomping all over you (while the rest foul you, or swarm in your way so you cannot move anywhere, or just remove any assists vs the big guys), and you only get one blitz on a Snot per turn.

Sure, attrition gets to them, but the extra player inducement renders that moot. Curious to see how that plays out.

22 minutes ago, BallztotheWalla said:

After noticing that the snotling positionals don’t have titchy, I’m starting to think they are somewhat playable.

2 troll, 1-2 pump wagons and morg (who is now cheap and terrifying) backed up with bombs and bribes.

Don’t quite know what I would do with a 11 man 1000tv roster against that if I lost the toss

Lose?

43 minutes ago, Hudd said:

I'm inclined to keep everything cheap and pay extra spp to pick what I want.  I can't think of any time I would take a random skill.

Mostly for players that you don't mind recycling if they get a useless skill, or for leagues like CCL where you can keep making new teams if needed.  A coach that played 3X the matches as other coaches will end up with a TV 1400 team that has the skills of most TV 1500 teams...

1 hour ago, Hudd said:

I will 100% at end of season for the rookie linos I was planning to fire anyway. If any of em comes up with a good skill or combo at a discount, I will keep him. Keep in mind that just 7 spp are 2 random primary skills, 16 is a random primary and a random secondary. And one can store up to 18 spp before being forced to use any. 

Storing SPP is something I'm curious to see working in leagues. Near the end of season, you can save a lot on redraft by waiting until next season before picking a planned double... random regular skill savings aren't worth it, because you'd save 30k to get a random pile of crap. 

Ogres have just become Tier 2.5 in the 2nd season.

E.g. you are playing a standard League format = 10 participants/ 9 games.

You want to get those 12 spp, because of the Block, but you don't want to "overtop" at 18. So you try as much as you can to store those spp and keep it low on Ogres.

Next season start: You buy all of those Brogres back, each now standing + 20k top of their basic value and and all of those guys who have 12-18 spp you give them block at the start of the new season. In theory 6 Brogres with Block at the start of the 2nd season.

If you have any extra money in the bank you spend it on an APO or RR's.

Bonus: old/new "Low Cost Lineman" rule on the Gnoblars and you get an extra RR or Nobbla at the start of your first game.

BROGRE POWA 👊👊👊

Awards

23 hours ago, Javelin said:

Mostly for players that you don't mind recycling if they get a useless skill, or for leagues like CCL where you can keep making new teams if needed.  A coach that played 3X the matches as other coaches will end up with a TV 1400 team that has the skills of most TV 1500 teams...

How will that happen?

Surely a player who randomly got block is the same price as the player who paid extra spp to chose block?  The first paid less SPP, but the TV is the same. (or what have I not read?)

5 minutes ago, Hudd said:

How will that happen?

Surely a player who randomly got block is the same price as the player who paid extra spp to chose block?  The first paid less SPP, but the TV is the same. (or what have I not read?)

Nope, it's a lot less.

Random primary skill : +10 TV

Chosen primary skill/random secondary skill : +20 TV

Chosen secondary skill : +40 TV

Random stats go +10 for AV, +20 for MV/PA, +40 for AG, +80 for ST. There is no "chosen" stat.

Infinite open leagues were never a healthy environment. Just leads to a distorted play experience like 11-man teams only and killer teams conceding vs other killer teams, and people aiming at that most efficient TV level for their race, etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...