Jump to content

Leaked info on the new Blood Bowl?


Smiling Tom
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Smiling Tom said:

Reading Bombardier, no.

 

First line of Bombardier specifies that this player can perform a "throw bomb action" which is neither a pass action nor a TTM action'

But there also is stated that any Skill that can be used with Pass action can be used with Bomb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yeah, but if you can throw bomb and then reposition it opens new possobilities.

 

Just now, Smiling Tom said:

This is getting tricky. Bombardier states that you can not move or stand up BEFORE throwing the bomb. Which means that with running pass you shall be able to move after throwing the bomb, but not before.

Yeah, my poimt exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Couple more things:

 

Kick Team mate appears to have been simplified compared to the rules for it in the Ogre Spike magazine. It's now a second Throw Team Mate action that you can make in a turn, but the launched player is removed from play if you fumble.

 

Also Swoop has been nerfed, as the player now scatters D3 squares using the throw-in template instead of scattering three times using it. Additionally it no longer gives +1 to landing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, Suido said:

Combine with with leaping nerf, Defensive skill, and cage diving got harder for everyone. Except via TTM.

 

And Underworld Goblins with Horns. I'm actually fairly optimistic about Underworld with the new skill up rules. Getting a few specialist Gobbos will be a lot easier (while recycling other Gobbos that you use random mutation skills on). So your Wrestle/Two Heads/Horns Gobbo + Two Heads/Guard Gobbo combo could be a pretty reliable thing. I'm also not as pessimistic about the exchange of Linerat + Gutter Runner for Thrower + Blitzer, because you can build a Linerat into a pseudo-Blitzer with just one double (which you can guarantuee now).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


All the minor changes made seem pretty good - but I can't help but feel the new long term league play rules leave a lot to be desired, especially for a format like OCC.

 

9 games is a very short season. Every season, trim back down and don't forget to add 20K for each player. Will OCC change format? (I think the rules were written with a rather longer season in mind - 16 games plus playoffs perhaps)  I suppose we'll have to see what BB3 options there are. I know playing at TV 2000 is often not that fun, but this seems far too much to me.

 

I'm also very disappointed that they removed the best bit of BB - the level up roll. I can just save up for whatever I want now? MB PO elves for everybody?  For me, I really enjoyed playing some unique teams, changing strategy as my team evolved. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


43 minutes ago, Hudd said:

All the minor changes made seem pretty good - but I can't help but feel the new long term league play rules leave a lot to be desired, especially for a format like OCC.

 

9 games is a very short season. Every season, trim back down and don't forget to add 20K for each player. Will OCC change format? (I think the rules were written with a rather longer season in mind - 16 games plus playoffs perhaps)  I suppose we'll have to see what BB3 options there are. I know playing at TV 2000 is often not that fun, but this seems far too much to me.

 

I'm also very disappointed that they removed the best bit of BB - the level up roll. I can just save up for whatever I want now? MB PO elves for everybody?  For me, I really enjoyed playing some unique teams, changing strategy as my team evolved. 

 

 

 

MB PO elves?  PO isn't a thing!  They can get Pile Driver though, muwa ha ha ha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Hudd said:

All the minor changes made seem pretty good - but I can't help but feel the new long term league play rules leave a lot to be desired, especially for a format like OCC.

 

9 games is a very short season. Every season, trim back down and don't forget to add 20K for each player. Will OCC change format? (I think the rules were written with a rather longer season in mind - 16 games plus playoffs perhaps)  I suppose we'll have to see what BB3 options there are. I know playing at TV 2000 is often not that fun, but this seems far too much to me.

 

I'm also very disappointed that they removed the best bit of BB - the level up roll. I can just save up for whatever I want now? MB PO elves for everybody?  For me, I really enjoyed playing some unique teams, changing strategy as my team evolved. 

 

 

 

Format changes pretty much depends on what tools we'll be given in BB3. I am not overly optimistic that they'll get this one correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I'm not expecting much in the way of league tools in BB3.

 

I miss the level-up roll, but the random skill roll will just have to take its place. Stats just won't be seen much because of the SPP cost, so only ones even entertaining those are players who can score often, are fine with the most common result being +MA, and start with some basic skills already, so... wood elf dancers and catchers, dark elf blitzers and witches. And maybe, just maybe, orc teams' dedicated ball-carrying goblin?

 

I'm excited for the reboot button that is the season change. You actually can struggle through with a half-dead team, then be given a second life when you rebuild for the next season/tier, rather than just be in an extended death spiral. Gives teams like Skaven a lot of hope (especially now that starting with some basic skills is an actual merit again).

 

I'm a little worried a team like Chaos Pact Renegades will really suffer - no starting skills, their whole concept was longterm potential and the only change they got was that they lost S access on the linemen - but even there I think this system should be workable, with 3 Block/Pro big guys now becoming their defining thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, Pidpad said:

I assumed you'd buy something during the season.

 

I'm not sure that's generally true. Early season, sure, but mid-late season I think coaches will generally be better off saving cash for re-drafting rather than spending on a new rookie. Depends on importance of the player as part of the roster and the remaining games, obviously, as well as treasury situation. A player's price will increase by 20K each season, irrespective of number of matches played, so coaches would be balancing the cost of the player vs their likelihood to improve the team's treasury/roster situation at redrafting time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


51 minutes ago, Juriel said:

And maybe, just maybe, orc teams' dedicated ball-carrying goblin?

 

I expect a Thrower with Fumblrooski to be the preferred ball carrier. Teams with Animosity are exactly who need that skill, and now Big Uns have MA 5 to match the thrower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Suido said:

I expect a Thrower with Fumblrooski to be the preferred ball carrier. Teams with Animosity are exactly who need that skill, and now Big Uns have MA 5 to match the thrower.

 

But why invest more into a costlier and slower player with a nega-trait? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Suido said:

 

I'm not sure that's generally true. Early season, sure, but mid-late season I think coaches will generally be better off saving cash for re-drafting rather than spending on a new rookie. Depends on importance of the player as part of the roster and the remaining games, obviously, as well as treasury situation. A player's price will increase by 20K each season, irrespective of number of matches played, so coaches would be balancing the cost of the player vs their likelihood to improve the team's treasury/roster situation at redrafting time.

Another important rule that will favour this behaviour is the MVP rule. If you play your typical current wood/pro elf team with 5 skilled players and 6 journeymen, the MVPs will fall on one of those 5 skilled players every.single.game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Yeah the mvp rule needs to change don’t know what they were smoking.

 

first action with a undead team would be to fire all your zombies after match 1 and it would be the same for a lot of teams I guess, that is pretty bad game design.

 

oh an that you can only use 1 bribe per foul can fuck off too, huge nerf to fouling when it needed to be buffed.

 

unless it’s meant as you can use 1 bribe and if that fails, argue the call and then use another?

 

but yeah maybe 180k for 2 bribes and a biased ref would be to good for a black orc team, but damn it would be able to put out some damage.

Edited by BallztotheWalla
Link to comment
Share on other sites


But foul has

22 minutes ago, BallztotheWalla said:

oh an that you can only use 1 bribe per foul can fuck off too, huge nerf to fouling when it needed to be buffed.

 

Come on, fouling has received a TON of buffing compared to any removal tool in place. It's fair that it can backfire on snake eyes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


What buff? Argue the Ref? Nothing else have changed apart from the huge bribe nerf.. unless I completely missed something.

 

What do you mean backfire on snake eyes?

you are sent off on any doubles and now you can only use 1 bribe so 1/6 + the 5/6 if arguing the call 

 

I’d rather take being able to stack bribes since that’s the only thing that makes fouling viable

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I agree with hobs that there are better things to spend inducements on than bribes.

I just go with a bench and multiple dirty players.

That way you get the benefit even if you have the higher TV.

 

Additionally Sneaky git is now borderline playable.

Another buffs to fouling is the removal of piling on so now fouling is easily the best chance of a removal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I think people freaking out over the redraft might be missing just how much money you make in a season. 
But you have to win matches which can only be a good thing compared to the zero incentive a lot of players feel now.

 

And fans being a good thing now compared to a huge negative is nice.

 

With a winning season you can maintain around a 1600 tv team 

that’s enough to make even a nurgle kill team

 

hell on undead it’s enough to take every normal skill you need plus block and defensive on the mummies and ad in + ma  on all positionals

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, BallztotheWalla said:

What buff? Argue the Ref? Nothing else have changed apart from the huge bribe nerf.. unless I completely missed something.

 

What do you mean backfire on snake eyes?

you are sent off on any doubles and now you can only use 1 bribe so 1/6 + the 5/6 if arguing the call 

 

I’d rather take being able to stack bribes since that’s the only thing that makes fouling viable

Buffed as in sneaky git has been buffed big time and is primary skill for most dedicated foulers (snots and gobs and flings). 

 

And the snake eyes i talk about is the rolling 1 on the bribe roll, using bribe to get 1 again. Because that's what has been altered, you can't use a second bribe to rr that second 1, but you got argue the call and partial ref inducements.

 

Compare that to the removal of PO as we knew it (now being basically an extra foul), and not being able to use MB to break armor on pair with claw, and is the only removal mechanic that has been improved. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...