Jump to content

Leaked info on the new Blood Bowl?


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Gobas said:

Like Big Guys or goblins after couple of levels without any Double have all their choices as meeeeh.

 

Except it looks like you can keep stacking MB and DP to +2, +3 etc. Woooo!

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gobas said:

About when we get this?

Can someone correct me but as far I understand this new shining thing I need will be around December?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/03/blood-bowl-new-season-sighted/?fbclid=IwAR3Eddidxyn8BwXRypFlz2_121rFEzB4jcUOLcltnnOjFugJnzI_2ZnMTPs

 

2020 release confirmed, so December would be latest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is written down "this holiday season". 

 

So something in between August and December. :-)

 

But I don't think they will release it together with the new 40k Version.

Edited by Xcalibur
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

As mentioned by some, the stalling rule definitely affects agile teams more than bash teams. It’s common for agile teams to break through quite early and camp next to the opposing endzone until the end of the half, while bash teams tend to advance more slowly and only get in range when necessary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

31 minutes ago, Suido said:

 

Except it looks like you can keep stacking MB and DP to +2, +3 etc. Woooo!

I don't think you can keep stacking MB and stuff.

That whould be nice but to OP and made many skill useless again as you would just take MB over and over.
Rather I think its that you can have different levels of DP and MB but not for usual players but Stars.

That way players like Morg 'N Thorg can have Mighty Blow +2 so he really can hit the punch.

Or maybe other Star Players like Ripper.

I really hope skill does not stack.

I just hope that are levels of skills for star players or like with Trolls in Goblin team. While they still have Loner at least this Loner is on 3+ not 4+. (So they are now less lonely, aaaawwwww).

About skills

I am not sure what to think about Tentacles and Shadowing change.

It's easier to calculate now but it is less effective. While Tentacles were useful but only on high ST guys, Shadowing was almost useless and rarely used. (at least IMO I might be wrong).

I have feeling that change will not make it more popular.

 

About staling rule

It looks like it will hurt Agile teams more because they tend to stall more. But we don't know what are the specific rules yet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bouffon said:

 

This. So much this. Hanging in the middle and pushing through when you want to score is far riskier than pushing through as early as you spot and opportunity and hanging next to the end zone long as you think is feasible. But if it is something like 2+ roll at the end of your turn and ball carrier just scores automatically then, it ain't that bad.

 

 

And I too hate them passing zombies, bane of my existence ;|

But the rumors are harsher. Something on the like that after the drive the ref rolls a die and can red card the scorer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gobas said:

About skills

I am not sure what to think about Tentacles and Shadowing change.

It's easier to calculate now but it is less effective. While Tentacles were useful but only on high ST guys, Shadowing was almost useless and rarely used. (at least IMO I might be wrong).

I have feeling that change will not make it more popular.

I have had quite a few werewolves last 5 years with Shadowing after blodge/side step/tackle. Basically the unfortunate ones with bad skill up rolls. And everytime its been an amazing asset that rewarded me a couple of wins or ties. But ofc that's for a mv8 thing with 76spp, not your everyday skill up.

 

For what I see on the random skills, it looks like you decide on a skill up basis? So when you roll for skill up and know if you have a normal or a double you can decide to pick a specific one or to roll for a random one. For some players that might be a good thing after the 2nd or 3rd skill up (like a tomb guardian that already has guard and MB) or more colorful stuff like Underworld gobbos (who doesn't like random mutations??) that if anything will help you keep your TV low.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another pipe dream speculation about random skills and the mystery around "Dirty Player/Mighty Blow +1". One option (and most plausible) is the one that hits that only Star Players will happen to have such skills at higher rating. Another one is: what if you have already the skill (MB or DP) and decide to roll randomly the next skill up and you happen to roll it again? That would be a neat mechanic. You can chose your skill ups for a solid build or you can decide to gamble for the chance of that extra skill up you won't be able to get otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smiling Tom said:

But the rumors are harsher. Something on the like that after the drive the ref rolls a die and can red card the scorer. 

 

But then that stalling rule would be effective only in 1st half and tehre would be little consquence in 2nd half (unless OT games). So I presume it might  be something different. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

18 minutes ago, Soleil Noir said:

 

But then that stalling rule would be effective only in 1st half and tehre would be little consquence in 2nd half (unless OT games). So I presume it might  be something different. 

 

Yeah, a stalling rule that only affected the first half would be terrible.  If you're going to force quick scores you have to do it both halves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what the stall rule is it’s gonna suck, GW saying “feedback from many of the best players in the world” should have us all freaking out since everybody involved from the player base so far have come up with terrible things, like tv+ MM 4 min turns etc

 

unless somebody that is actually good steps forward and talks about the process I’m gonna assume the absolute worst.

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, BallztotheWalla said:

No matter what the stall rule is it’s gonna suck, GW saying “feedback from many of the best players in the world” should have us all freaking out since everybody involved from the player base so far have come up with terrible things, like tv+ MM 4 min turns etc

 

unless somebody that is actually good steps forward and talks about the process I’m gonna assume the absolute worst.


What is TV+ and why it's bad?

Also I don't know what is wrong with 4 min turns?
 

I know that while I love Blood Bowl there are many things that irritate me a lot.

MB+Claw combo, small team rosters, high RNG kick off table, to high importance of AG stat are only few.

All those things look like fixed in new edition.

Claw Fix hits the Bash teams.

Stall rule will hit Agile teams.

I can understand that some people doesn't want anti stalling rule. But there are people who complained why I use Foul action on turn 16.

Because its fun.

Stalling is not fun (or fun is highly one sided)

Bashing people into oblivion with full Claw+POMB team is also highly one sided fun.


Until I see whole rules I give them benefit of the doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm withholding judgement without seeing rules and teams, I have concerns and things I find are interesting, loving the deeper halfling and gobblin rosters though I realise they have been a thing on tabletop for a while. I wonder if the team tiering has any mechanical benefit/hinderance it will be interesting to see, I also wonder if Brets and Kislev will be represented. It will be interesting to see how they shake up the game but then again I have my concerns, and if new necromunda is anything to go by they break as much as they fix, though its still a ton of fun.

 

Reading the DP discription there's no mention of stacking so I'm assuming the bigger bonuses are for Star players and secret weapons.

 

My big concern is thhis, basically everything GW release now is limited runs, stuff like this could sell out in mins, quite literally so getting your hands on the new complete rule book without having to turn to ebay scalpers is likely to be a matter of fastest finger first. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've seen too many products as a sideline observer go this way and be out of stock inside the first hour of going on pre-order.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gobas said:


What is TV+ and why it's bad?

Also I don't know what is wrong with 4 min turns?
 

I know that while I love Blood Bowl there are many things that irritate me a lot.

MB+Claw combo, small team rosters, high RNG kick off table, to high importance of AG stat are only few.

All those things look like fixed in new edition.

Claw Fix hits the Bash teams.

Stall rule will hit Agile teams.

I can understand that some people doesn't want anti stalling rule. But there are people who complained why I use Foul action on turn 16.

Because its fun.

Stalling is not fun (or fun is highly one sided)

Bashing people into oblivion with full Claw+POMB team is also highly one sided fun.


Until I see whole rules I give them benefit of the doubt.

I'm more concerned if Pile On will require a re-roll use, that sucks arse... Claw being unmodified if fine, doesn't effect me anyway and doesn't make the skill worthless just makes guard even more competitive in consideration. Pile On being re-roll only then a huge pile of benefits to passing and running, skipping elves past prone players and penalties to stalling that's going to hit some teams hard and make Elves so much better than everyone else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, crimsonsun said:

My big concern is thhis, basically everything GW release now is limited runs, stuff like this could sell out in mins, quite literally so getting your hands on the new complete rule book without having to turn to ebay scalpers is likely to be a matter of fastest finger first. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've seen too many products as a sideline observer go this way and be out of stock inside the first hour of going on pre-order.

You will always be able to get the pdf version of the rules, those never run "out of print". But yes, better order the plastic teams when they get announced because right now you might get troubles to find some of the earlier released sets. Which is silly and why I will stick with 3rd party crafters as long as it's feasible. Also, I prefer metal over plastic or resin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

100% that po is not gonna be in the new rule set at all

 

@Gobas tv+ is the match making mechanism that adds your win/loss ratio to your tv up til a 500 tv difference 

 

4 min turns us just makes the game take way longer than it should and is mostly used to grief players with.

 

stalling will punish the strength  teams way harder than the ag ones since they are the ones who absolutely need to stall to compete.

 

im sure it’s gonna be a terrible rule that does the opposite of what is supposed to like making forward progression on the field something you are punished for.

 

the same way that fumblerooskie invalidates all the new emphasis on passing since why would you when it’s better to place the ball on the ground 

Edited by BallztotheWalla
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Smiling Tom said:

You will always be able to get the pdf version of the rules, those never run "out of print". But yes, better order the plastic teams when they get announced because right now you might get troubles to find some of the earlier released sets. Which is silly and why I will stick with 3rd party crafters as long as it's feasible. Also, I prefer metal over plastic or resin.

Cool me old skool but I love physical books and hate PDF rule books outside as for reference purposes.

 

I like plastics because of how convertable they are, I've nothing against third party stuff either, if I decide I want to upgrade stuff anyway. I need to track down my BB stuff, I've got easily a dozen teams with full rosters but fuck knows where it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, crimsonsun said:

So what's the Claw Fix then? Cause a mutation doesn't help shit.

You check for Claw passing armor on 8+ before any modifiers are applied, meaning MB or any other modifier is not used to break armor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Smiling Tom said:

You check for Claw passing armor on 8+ before any modifiers are applied, meaning MB or any other modifier is not used to break armor.

So I was right, that's fine...

 

Why no Pile On... FFS killing is part of the game, that would make me really sad and make Elf Bowl even better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Smiling Tom said:

IME PO is what has kept relatively competitive non-claw, non-ag4 teams. Without it I really can't see humans or similar teams keeping up the arms race.

My concern if you have no ability to focus down and reliably remove more than 4-5 players so a large elf team becomes possible and you'll not be able to get a player advantage against a team that's player for player more competitive in winning the game. Add in penalties for stalling and you could see a really one sided league set up..

 

Though lets see all the rules before making hasty judgements.. I still want to know what projectile vomit is!!! Also all the teams seem to have some kind of special rules associated to them so how much that changes things up we don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My hopes are on the inter-season system, forcing players to redraft their teams often thus min maxing through prunning, which paired with higher chances for MNG results on the injury table means even the strongest teams will have issues through the season due to lack of redundancy on skill builds. BB2016 had something like that but was never implemented in BB2, but we can hope such thing to be there on BB3 if it's launched at the same time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...