Chorf resurrection team help

So I'm going to be playing in the Priest of Nuffle invitational. I don't want people to build my team for me, but since I rolled a chorf star (Hrumphahrump the Unstoppable), I'll be playing chorfs. Not my forte.

I get 1140 TV with six basic skills. There are some other rules but that's the basic thing. I'm thinking sure hands on a hobgoblin, three guard on blockers, and block or perhaps one wrestle on the two bull centaurs. Currently, that's what I have, plus an apo and a spare hobgoblin (for 13 players total), bought using extra inducement cash. Any thoughts on that? Anything obvious I'm missing (skillwise)? I have 3 rerolls despite them being quite expensive as I want to play it quite safe.

26 minutes ago, Tys123 said:

You need more removal so DP hob rather than SH.

Block on both bulls.

With the 3 RRs, I suppose that's defendable. I could also give one bull block and MB (ok by the rules), though that's a third of my skills on one player, which is risky.

Could also go: 

2 RR

2 Fan factor

1 Minotaur with claw

2 Bull centaurs with block

6 Blockers

1 Hobgoblin with dirty player

3 Hobgoblins

Hthark the Unstoppable

But that means I'm dropping a skill, which doesn't seem brilliant.

Neither is a great setup. But CLAW MINO! :D

Yeah you can trade two normal for a double.

Block mino was my first thought, since it's a lot more sensible and makes the mino pick a bit more defendable. And sure hands on a bull centaur isn't a bad idea. Might want block too, though. Still...

2 minutes ago, Rymdkejsaren said:

Yeah you can trade two normal for a double.

Block mino was my first thought, since it's a lot more sensible and makes the mino pick a bit more defendable. And sure hands on a bull centaur isn't a bad idea. Might want block too, though. Still...

He won't need block much buried in the middle of the inevitable cage (the bull I mean)

Edited by Hobnail
Awards

Ok, either the safer route:

3x RR

2x Fan factor

1x Apo

1x Bull centaur + sure hands

1x Bull centaur + block + mighty blow

2x Chaos Dwarf Blocker + guard

4x Chaos Dwarf Blocker

1x Hobgoblin + dirty player

3x Hobgoblin

1x Hthark the Unstoppable

(13 players)

Or the riskier but more STR route (2RRs, but sacrifices a skill, plus another for double on mino):

2x RR

1x Fan factor

1x Apo

1x Minotaur + block (double)

1x Bull centaur + sure hands

1x Bull centaur + block

1x Chaos Dwarf Blocker + guard

5x Chaos Dwarf Blocker

3x Hobgoblin

(13 players)

The only way to avoid dropping a skill is going 1 RR, which feels too risky.

1 minute ago, danton said:

What about dropping the Apo and the FF in the second roster? You have 13 players and this is Resurrection format right? Would that let you add another skill?

Nope, you get two different cash pools which you don't see in these rosters. But it's not possible without dropping the reroll or a positional.

Consider Break Tackle on the SH bull centaur for mobility.

Hthark with ST5/block/juggs, plus 6 chorfs with block/tackle - you have sufficient blocking/blitzing capability. I see block on the other centaurs as less important than making your ball carrier better at scoring. After sorting out the ball carrier, I'd want minimum 2 guard, then MB chorf, DP hobo. I think wrestle would be my 7th choice skill, can't see how it beats the other options.

Wrestle is off the table in the latest build. Hthark has break tackle (though he's a loner, so it's a risk). Mb on a chorf instead of the block bull, I'm not sure I'm along for. Seems the bull gives more mobility and is generally safer with str 4.

Do you suggest a second skill for ball carrying bull? Like what? I'm not convinced it's worth it as skills are very dear and mostly, the point is he'll stay away from the ruckus. I've got plenty of units that can screen him.

Otherwise, my new "safe" build seems to do most of what you say.

While I love the idea, I really can't justify playing with 1 RR. And the 2 RR mino build means I forego a skill, which is too high a cost. So while I dislike it, I'm leaning towards the more sensible build (with perhaps some minor adjustments):

3x RR

2x Fan factor

1x Apo

1x Bull centaur + sure hands

1x Bull centaur + block + mighty blow

2x Chaos Dwarf Blocker + guard

4x Chaos Dwarf Blocker

1x Hobgoblin + dirty player

3x Hobgoblin

(13 players)

I took (same tournament, same eace, different star for those who don't know), more straightforward approach.

3 RR

2 Bribes

4x Chaos Dwarf Blockers

2x Chaos Dwarf Blockers + Guard

1x Bull Centaur + Sure Hands

1x Bull Centaur + Mighty Blow

2x Hobgoblin + Dirty Player

2x Hobgoblin

Rashnak Backstabber (Loner, Dodge, Sidestep, Sneaky Git, Stab)

Total of 13 players.

Let's see which will be better! And fun fact that i hava played 0 games with chorfs before this tournament, ever.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:07 PM, Rymdkejsaren said:

Do you suggest a second skill for ball carrying bull? Like what?

First sentence of my post - Break Tackle.

Makes your bull so much more reliably mobile and able to score. Invaluable when the going gets tough. I regularly get BT as first skill on a bull to help it develop. 

Hthark has BT, but he's not carrying the ball for you. He's punching holes with St5 and juggernaut.

MB goes on chorf cos it already has block/tackle, maximizing effectiveness.