Which race to play in Season 20? A non-killing team.

Hi Everyone, am re-joining the OCC League in S20.
For a good fun experience, with a chance of winning games.
Only just saw the thread about S20 signups, have 14 days 22 hours, 49 minutes to decide :) 

Initial trawl of races, I have it down to 13 I'd like to pick from.
Just a knee-jerk post, not really thought about it....yet!
Not decided if number one priority is fun, or winning.

Amazon

Bretonnian
Dark Elf
Elven Union
Halfling
High Elf
Human
Kislev Circus
Lizardmen
Ogre
Skaven
Vampire
Wood Elf

6 hours ago, Doomy77 said:

Vampires. It’s quite possibly going to be your last chance.

Ah, yes, especially as I'd need 4 minutes to coach them :).

4 hours ago, Ratamo said:

Kislev Circus

Ah, yes...especially as Leap is quite heavily nerfed for them in BB3.

Right, have eliminated three of the races after a few hours doing some RL - Amazon, Halfling and Ogre - there is so much MB Tackle around my team would get creamed in the OCC Main League.

Going to be one of the following ten races come Season 20:

Bretonnian
Dark Elf
Elven Union
High Elf
Human
Kislev Circus*
Lizardmen
Skaven
Vampire*
Wood Elf

* thinking of Kislev Circus and Vampire at he the moment - will have to give them some practice in Public Ladders to see if I fancy Coaching them here.

Do not listen to that bloodthirsty vampire coach. Kislev is power, kislev is love.

I allways try playing vampires, but then they injure all their thralls and roll all the ones.

But i give + for both those teams as they are quite rare and diversion is good!

I would go for a team that is going to change in BB3

So Vamps ( unplayable with new rules )

Kislev/Slann ( Missing completely )

Bret ( blitzers worse in imperial )

If you want elves then skip darkies as they are they will play the same in BB3.

I would go pro to enjoy leap wrackle catchers while you can.

10 hours ago, Tys123 said:

I would go for a team that is going to change in BB3

So Vamps ( unplayable with new rules )

Kislev/Slann ( Missing completely )

Bret ( blitzers worse in imperial )

If you want elves then skip darkies as they are they will play the same in BB3.

I would go pro to enjoy leap wrackle catchers while you can.

Cor, Elven Union...mmm..am playing them in a small League, the AAFBBL, and enjoy using them, despite 13 dead in 24 games, and currently carrying a ST bust, three AG busts, an AV bust, and two niggling injuries. There is a lot of Bash there.
They do have one luxury of a ST boost :).

Cor, did not know DE would play the same in BB3. Not played them in ages - just started a new team over at the UKBBL, am on MD 2/11 there. AM actually tempted :). Am currently WE over at the ReBBL, on MD2 of 13....they are doing well...only 12 dead in 31 games and multiple doubles and stat boosts, doing them here too would be too much I reckon.

Bit of a digression - came here to post that I researched Skaven today - cannot see a way of coaching them, to win, without a killer Blitzer..the MB/Claw/PO/Tackle/Horns/Juggernaught piece...bah...so have taken them off my list.

Now to pick a race out of 8

Bretonnian
Dark Elf*
Elven Union*
High Elf
Human
Kislev Circus*
Lizardmen
Vampire*
...* these four interest me for my OCC S20 entry.

14 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

Vampires are about to go away, or have a complete makeover.   Fucked over.  They are very unique.  Don't let any rat faced bastard try to steer you away.  They can be made into killers but just like pit bulls, they don't have to be.

My heart is thinking Vampires, head Dark Elves.

Had a league game over at the UKBBL at lunchtime today - made careless errors as DE...I coached them more like a Wood Elf team...and lost a Blitzer in only my second game with them - failed Apothecary roll.
Need to be patient - as WE I score quickly, same as Elven Union...trying that with DE did not work at all for me today - a Good Coach with an Average Orc Team (all rookies) took my DE apart! Very sobering...

Managed two games in the Open Ladder being patient, got a Win and a Draw against a souped up Killing Underworld Team.
I had an old experienced DE team from months ago. Think I will try with Rookies in Champions Ladder.

I used to be good with Dark Elves....so am tempted to try them in S20.
Checked out High Elves today...their sneering attitude really is off-putting: I know they are only pixels...but they are so arrogant! ;)
Could not stomach coaching them - would want them to die every game ;) Even tough High Elves have won all types of Championships with Different Coaches, do not fancy Coaching them week in week out (Did coach them in Champions Ladder a few months ago, 27 games..13-3-11).

So down to seven races to pick from:

Bretonnian
Dark Elf**
Elven Union*
Human
Kislev Circus*
Lizardmen
Vampire**

** favorites, * like them

Out of the elves, I find the vanilla elves the most interesting. Both their catchers and blitzers have good, non-standard starting skills that make them interesting.

Kislev are hilarious when they work and frustrating when they don't, and same goes for vampires. Dark elves are excellent fun if you get leap + jump up assassins, otherwise avoid! :D

As it's been pointed out, it seems unlikely that Kislev and Vampires will be available (at least in similar formats) in BB3, so your opportunity to play them is diminishing.

AV8 elves are what they are.  Always above average and excellent at some TV.  They're almost always fun to play.

6 hours ago, BallztotheWalla said:

High elves

4 ma8 st3 ag4 players is a lot of fun and they won’t be in bb3 and if they make it in they will suck due to leap and passing rules.

But if you want players like that then add in NoS for even more fun and play pro.

Looked at the three Human Teams today -
Actually like the Bretonnian build of four wrestlers and four catch blitzers :)
So picked them over Human.
Also the Kislev do not appeal, having looked closely at them...too much prancing about in their graphics.

Bretonnian**

Dark Elf**
Elven Union*
Lizardmen
Vampire**

** favourites, * like them

10+ days to whittle them down to one :D.

4zpxy5.jpg

You know you want it. You know you needed. It is time to rise above all those filthy creatures crawling around on the pitch. There is only one way to cleanse these lands and restore justice, Honor and glory. Come to the bright side of the pitch. Join your bretheren in our holy crusade and you will be rewarded my friend.

4 minutes ago, Igralius said:

4zpxy5.jpg

You know you want it. You know you needed. It is time to rise above all those filthy creatures crawling around on the pitch. There is only one way to cleanse these lands and restore justice, Honor and glory. Come to the bright side of the pitch. Join your bretheren in our holy crusade and you will be rewarded my friend.

Thing is, I keep thinking of The Life of Brian, when I see the graphics....

19 minutes ago, Waleed said:

Thing is, I keep thinking of The Life of Brian, when I see the graphics....

and how on earth is that a bad thing?

don't let your mind be swayed by people talking about beasts drinking blood and emo tree huggers. It is the way.

4zq1j6.jpg

2 hours ago, Javelin said:

Brerttonian may also be out in BB3, and they are good a low and mid TV, definitely worth consideration.

Brets are being replaced by the Imperial Nobility team, so yeah this version of Brets will not be in BB3 for sure.

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 5:23 PM, danton said:

Brets are being replaced by the Imperial Nobility team, so yeah this version of Brets will not be in BB3 for sure.

Thanks - did not now that....managed to avoid most BB3 spilers/info - will wait until it is out for a few months :D.

RL suddenly got completely full - only managed three games in nine days!
I will be this short of time for 3+ weeks yet, at least, so not signing up for S20 - not even had time to research the races I am (was) down to try out....
..keep safe everyone, and may your Season 20 go well....or as well as Nuffle allows!