Delta Ogrobot wing

Nurdell

The multiverse is Enormous.

In one of it's corners, that can be described as "between the couch cushions" - exists a planet of snotpeople.

For as long as history itself, they have been terrorized by green hordes, animated monstrosities, natural and unnatural disasters and even fungus takeovers.

'No more!' they said one year. And the United sNotions started the Ogrobot initiative.

Four mech Wings were created, One on each continent. Ogrobots were built and outstanding snotdividuals were found to pilot them.

Of course, there wasn't enough mechs for everyone. Somebody has to do the ground job.

But no amount of 'Blood Bowl' training program has prepared them for Kaiju invasion. (B-wh-a-a-a-p!)

Disclaimer:

Spoiler

1,5 years ago - I accidentally found the RUbbl league. It was always at the back of my mind that I wanted to try playing in league enviroment, random ladder is just not cool enough. I heard of orca-cola even before, but it was probably intimidating, and I never landed on season starts. My initial goal was to try each and every team in the game - starting from bottom, because you can't blame a coach of clearly underpowered team for bad season. But Ogres are so interesting to play. No other team makes you create new turn plans on the fly as much. Then I noticed that ogre team rely on their smaller players, and the difference in size is like a multi-storied house compared to a human. Thus the link to mech anime genre was established.

I haven't actually watched that much anime - only Gurren Lagann, Gun x Sword, some Power Rangers and of course - Pacific Rim. But they were all so darn Energetic! I want to express this energy through a good team blog. (And get the one achievable, most important medal - for writing). So, forum - prepare for detailed descriptions of most memorable moments in the matches, under spoilers. They're coming.

And one more thing - I am in no position to record videos. Frankly, I'm afraid of slowdowns even from using discord. So text it is.

Edited by Nurdell

s01ep1

What a day to be alive!

It is sunday. The lookouts have sighted a reanimated group of skeletons and various species of horrors, led by a necromancer @Hakuren on the horizon. They are headed towards Delta wing base for a scheduled "How could any man pass up the opportunity to hunt some Gnoblars on a fine Sunday". But this time the government has brought a surprise. 6 metal-plated, charged up, enormous surprises.

From the underground hangar rise 6 platforms with Ogrobots. Truly, a multinational endeavor - the mechs that are as tall as a normal 15-floor building fit for snotpeople, were built and transported in secret across the world. Today is the time for them to shine. Literally, as sun rays reflect off of their polished armor plating, steel servomotors and hydraulic drives.

Spoiler

Delta-1 Morningstar. Received it's name for the spiked design for chromed spaulders and side armoring.

Piloted by: Yogskat Dripwax, internal repair crew: Ubob Droopdunk, Gnobstorl Greasesquat

Delta-2 Invincible. The heaviest of the delta wing Ogrobots, lightblue and smooth.

Piloted by: Nakslat Flapcrumb, internal repair crew: Pobsmig Greasemuck, Obie Scabcrumb.

Delta-3 Brutalizer. The "hair" on it's hull was originally brown, but the color turned grey after many washes.

Piloted by: Gonkslie Rusttooth, internal repair crew: Bozak Drabcosh, Buzod Mudbits.

Delta-4 Smashinator. Originally covered in protective red paint, It has worn off from extensive testing, the rust started setting in. Nonetheless, this machine is expected to last for a good more 6 years.

Piloted by: Duzie Crumblecosh, internal repair crew: Gezod Dewsneak, Pipstob Plop-ears.

Delta-5 Absolute. Pure white,.Uses the most expensive metals, as an experiment.

Piloted by: Idort Knobblesquat, internal repair crew: Ebie Danktongue, Ripsmarl Spite-toes.

Delta-6 Sambogre. Covered in shades of brown camouflage. Pilot knows and uses martial arts.

Piloted by: Adod Stabgum, internal repair crew: Bazat Drabsmear, Igie Greasecosh.

The 6 ogrobots are not alone on the field, they are accompanied by snotpilots in their battery-powered light vests: Vrozski, Makdier, Ghindoza, Polpetak and Nikton are ready to do everything in their (frankly, small) snotpowers.

I'm not finished with this match yet; thanks for the names - https://www.realmofplastic.com/warhammer-fantasy-blog/gnoblars-character-name-generator-warhammer-fantasy

With loud stomping, ogrobots step off their elevators and head towards the necromantic team, as they shamble, stump and run on all fours their way over our flimsy perimeter fence...

The snotbase director grins from behind his window, overseeing the first opportunity to battle-test his entrusted personnel. On the other side of the field, the Necromancer smiles at the thought of splattered snotpeople that will strengthen his experimental crew, he calls: Lunar Aficionados.

Teams are set ready, coin is tossed in the air, the whistle blows.

Edited by Nurdell

Spoiler

Now, right from the very start: I didn't understand why Hakuren gave me the attack, from winning the coin. But as the saying goes: "we take those" and set-up to punch the LoS and blitz into some flesh golems. I set up 3-dice blocks with 2 snotpilots, and 3 snotpilots at the back will carry the ball. Which they successfully do pick up and run to the centre.

Wight (with block) unsuccessfully blitzes into exposed snotpilot, the most center zombie - for some reason makes a red 2d block into D-5 Absolute. I choose both down. Hey, free strikes! Turnover.

I knock down golem, set up a 3d block and blitz with the lying down Delta-5. The skeleton Dies. Permanently this time, regen didn't help. I move the ballcarrier and foul previously mentioned golem with 3 assists. Armor broke (barely!), but the golem remained on the field. I get my first 2 boneheads of the match.

More unsuccessful blitz from wight, zombie fails the dodge from ogrobot line.

I smack a zombie, miscalculate that one assist is still in tacklezone for the 3d hit on wight - decide to blitz the other wight to get it - get a both down-skull. Turnover, and I have one ogrobot left unactivated from the previous turn. Oh well, the position is not bad.

I nudge the opponent: "Isn't it time for a boot on the fallen ogrobot?" to which he replies: "it isn't". And does yet another unsuccessful wight blitz, not in the ball carrier, just in the line surrounding. The other wight is more successful on the normal block. But snot power armor doesn't let the hit through.

A single bonehead incident happens when I try to hit the two wights on the ball, but there's plenty more hits to do. This time, it's the snotpilots taking the matters in their own hands. Some pushes happen and D-2 invincible blitzes, followed by 2-assists foul of the wight (KO)

Flesh Golem that was taking a beating for half a previous game decides that it's finally time to do something useful and with 2 assists - pushes Smashinator. Yet another unsuccessful wight blitz. (wow!) I guess, the time for 2 red dice blocks has come again, as a zombie gets an unsignificant push of an ogrobot, using a reroll in the process. Zombie fails dodge and breaks the armor into 'stunned'

I smack some skellies by performing two 3d and one 2d blocks on them, bonehead the hit on the remaining wight and move the ball to the other flank (leaving one snotpilot under wight)

Wight moves under the ball, after a successful (finally!) blitz. A red 2d into the ogrobot happen - this time D-2 Invincible surprisingly, falls on the ground.

It's turn 6, time to move and do something - so I bonehead 2 mechs, move a snotpilot up the field for a goal opportunity and not much else happens.

Flesh golem blitzes, one of the wall snotpilots, doesn't like the results of both down - uses a reroll to not find a '6'. And wight fails the dodge. Still, the scoring pilot is marked and the mechs are mostly marked as well.

I make a 3d block on a 4 strenght golem, because it's always funny. Make another scoring snotpilot, and dodge with the first. Bonehead the hit to make a cage, but replace it with a blitz. Killing permanently a zombie in the process.

The necromants use up the last reroll to make a snotpilot fall. You guessed it - wight's blitz. And cover both my run-and-score pilots from 2 sides.

Now the last turn gets interesting: I devise a plan to push the forwardmost pilot from a chainpush. To give him the ball in 1 tackele zone at most and score. For this I must throw a couple boneheads, (check) 3 dodges with a second running snotpilot (check) and 1 gfi for the blitz from the right (and not follow), and then I would be free to do a handover and score. the blitz gfi was the weakest link. Turnover.

Wolfie blitzes, 6 dice - no '6' on the ballcarrier. Zombies hit snotpilots 2 times - the second time on 'both down' the zombie got KOd, and the pilot - remained on the field. Ha!

After the first half the score is 0-0.

1 snotpilot out of the 2 KOs gets up, a zombie gets up, the other Wight - remains on the bells bench. (2 skeletons remain dead) Ogrobot wing even starts the second half with an advantage of one player, incredible!

I set up for the defence hoping that there is no Quick Snap. Oh, speak of the devil. Quick Snap that results in 2 unnecessary snotpilot hits. Flesh Golem on the right has to use a reroll though - to not get a both down inbetween skulls. The ball is picked by the wolfie. pilot Nikton gets fouled and injured with No long-term effect.

The defence line is thin though, after moving 2 mechs down where the majority of enemy players are, I blitz the middle zombie and move 2 more ogrobots up into the enemy's field.

Werewolf moves to the right - using up a reroll on a gfi. And I probably should have played differently the previous turn (keeping the pilot on the golem), because a flesh golem and a skeleton is all that needed to make me roll some gfis into the bal blitz. Wight does a 1d blitz into an ogrobot - skull.

I decide - it's time for a pilot to take to the skies, and launch little fellow horizontally on the right flank. Ghindoza doesn't land on his feet, KO. Then I clear space by smacking two 2d blocks, before attempting the blitz into the wolf. (three dodges on one pilot, a dodge on the other - not a price to pay for a third die on the blitz) But I only find 'both down', Okay - wolfie goes to the KO box.

The ball bounces up-right 2 tiles, off of lying D-1 Morningstar's body. I nudge the opponent: "is it time for the boot maybe?" It wasn't. There is just not a lot of players on the necro team's field. Golem blitz-pushes my pilot, zombie picks up the ball after the reroll. Another zombie gets two '6' on a red 2d block. Huh.

I blitz into a 3d ballcarrier zombie, successfully. Didn't leave snotpilots for a pickup - wanted to pick it with the blitzing D-1 Morningstar. Servomotors in it's hands didn't make it. It's turn 12 I thought - plenty of time to get the ball to the goal.

A skeleton knocks out a pilot with 'both down' blitz as a first action of the turn. Turnover.

Meanwhile there's only one snotpilot remaining on the battlefield. Some pushes and a downed zombie later - he picks up the ball. I had to do one gfi on him - to completely be free of blitz threats, but I didn't. After all, that Flesh Golem has to throw 2 gfi to do the blitz without rerolls available.

And yeah, he didn't do the first gfi.

So I walk in front of the touchdown area with a pilot - to stall a turn or two. Cover a lot of pathways to the ball. Bonehead the hit on the wight who is on the other flank. but still, safely out of range. (after watching the replay, I should have put the incoming ogrobot onto that wight!)

Golem stands up, moves a bit closer, Wight blitzes into red 2d - gets '5' and '6'. Now he's a real danger to the ballcarrier, I got to score next turn. Skeleton fails the gfi to get onto the ballcarrier.

I get greedy. Instead of walking in the touchdown, I want to blitz for a solid 5 dice hits on the Wight. I could have even made it a 3d blitz, but it would require doing a gfi with one ogrobot, I probably should have done it. But I didn't - a 2d blitz ended up in 'both down', 'skull' Turnover, I didn't score.

Golem walks up, the skeleton does what he does best - falls down, taking with him my ballcarrier on blitz (KO). It's turn 15, I decide to use the apothecary on the snotpilot. Wow, unbellieavable! The ball bounces to the golem, who catches it. Cool.

I do some more Wight-hitting practice, successfully blitz down the golem, hoping the ball would fly off bounds. It didn't and landed on the sideline. pilot Vrozski still in the process of waking up after an emergency mech-repairing team worked on him.

Golem stands up, Skeleton stands up - to give a boot to pilot Vrozski, KOing him the second time in two turns. Wight makes a blitz - first by doing a red 2d block (push), and moving up to the ball.

I blitz that Wight on my last turn pushing him onto the ball - hoping for a good audience scatter. He gets what he deserves, a niggling injury. The ball rolls down the sideline. It's time for a good old Ogrobot pick-and-pass. It was the only way I would have scored from that position. And guess what? Everything worked, the pickup, 2 gfi for an easier pass, the pass itself. Only the catch rolled '3' when I needed 4+.

WOW it was way too close to a victory!

Final score - 0-0.

I earned 11 spp on ogrobots, opponent - just 5. Because of the agility-increasing power armor of snotpilots. He's down to 810 team value. Oh well, he'll get over it.

Well, it was a solid 3 hours of writing. Hope it "pays" in the end. *wink*

So yeah, here's the match breakdown. Any inputs, Hakuren? (I'm interested why you gave the attack to ogrobots, and your first turn for example)

Phew, that's a lot of writing. Sorry, forum.

Edited by Nurdell

s01ep2

Rip and Tear until the whistle blows!

The battletest of the first week was deemed a success. There is still a few wrinkles to iron out, but snotpilots went to the barracks without a scratch. And more importantly - there is no need for extensive ogrobot maintenance. The 6 mechs were ready to roll. The next obvious step - is to combat test in the field.

There is a small place on the maps nearby the Delta Base, called The Golf Club. It was recently taken over by a group of Chaos worshipers, under the leadership of their cult master, @crowdog09. Reconnaissance tells that members of The Can Masters cult have grown in size and muscle, many have grown horns. They may have discovered some chemical compound that raises their physical abilities. It's carried in aluminum cans. Whatever is happening there, it must be stopped before it grows into being a problem. Preferably while retrieving samples.

(Transport montage) The 6 Ogrobots are being strapped under the transport helicopters with metal cables. They will carry mechs to the match field. Ogrobot pilots themselves and internal repairsnots are already in another helicopter, following the "Big Six". Additional ground personnel and emergency repair machinery is carried by the 8th helicopter.

Arriving at the destination, the pilot helicopter overtakes transporters and lands. The "Big Six" helicopters ground the ogrobots, leg pneumatics dampen the impact. In 40 seconds the internal crew are already climbing inside the mechs with their 'hiea-hiya!'s. While the additional personnel are unloading the stretchers for snotpilots and spare armor plates and welders - for the mechs. In 3 minutes all preparations are complete. Helicopters fly off for refuel.

While it's certainly not the first transportation operation - Alpha and Beta wings were the ones to write the protocol; Delta base director would be nodding in appreciation if he was at the place.

During the unloading, The Can Masters have gathered themselves on the opposite side of the field. We aren't about the silent sneaky approach. No longer are.

Our scientists prepared the sample collecting canister in the shape of a ball. The starting whistle blows, and the "ball" is kicked in the direction of The Golf Club.

Now, you may be wondering - why the second episode is called "Rip and Tear until the whistle blows"? Come and click the spoiler. It has the picture of Crowdog09's team roster after the match. Before the match, it was missing one Chaos Warrior.

Spoiler

B1E72A0B047501890C314C1667D57DB35637931A

Yea, somebody poured some anti-chaos chemicals onto the Ogrobot knuckles before the match. An extraordinary amount of it.

And here's a breakdown of the match. In the future I'll probably be making them smaller. But now - let's have a read about a team getting shredded by the cogs of machinery where they clearly shouldn't have belonged. (And how I only got a draw out of it)

Spoiler

Crowdog09 got the coin, and chose to receive. And the weather instantly turned from a nice sunny day into Blizzard from a kickoff event. Certainly, we both got a disadvantage, and I sort of agree it was equal for our teams.

• I set up with my usual "way too scared" bad setup, and the freshly-with-block beastman Fred blitzed a snotpilot (without breaking armor) and set up a half-cage on my right flank, one beastman on the left flank, secured the ball position and didn't manage to pick the ball up.
  • I cover the left-side beastman with an ogrobot, make a 3d blitz in to the lowest guy of that halfcage, (defender stumbles, skull, skull - thanks, 2 snotassists!) Zlotto gets a niggling injury. Bonehead the los hit, and spread some more tacklezone love to the beastmen, leaving the loner guy unattended.
  • A snotpilot on the los gets blitzed, falls into only stars. This was for a 2d hit on the boneheaded mech. Ball is picked up, stays in the middle of the Can Masters pitch. Fred does a red 2d hit on the ogrobot covering him. Successfully. That sort of ruins my plan to release a mech closer to the centre from a tacklezone next turn.
  • I blitz the loner guy (who is the only one that can score right now, because the other beastman went up instead of giving me a second scoring threat) - arrows, hit on chaos warrior at the right to release the ogrobot from tacklezone - arrows. So be it. I hit the warrior again and he falls on the ground.
  • Loner KOs a snotpilot. Horns are being used to blitz one of my mechs in the center. The ballholder moves to my left flank.And a beastman dodge was failed.
  • I move my ogrobots a little, blitz and make a warrior fall in the middle, smack Fred (the block guy) for badly hurt in 3d. Repeat the 'make warrior fall in the middle' routine for the second guy and leave only a snotpilot between a beastman and my touchdown zone.
  • Sure enough, the snotpilot is blitzed and falls (without breaking armor, mind you!) That action used a reroll on the gfi. I was slightly hoping the handoff wouldn't work, but it did work. 1-0 on the score 4 turns into the game.
  • But I'm not upset. Chaos are 2 players down, my only 'loss' - snotpilot stands up from the KO. On the kickoff event my cheerleader gets put to good use, robbing the opponent from a reroll when he rolled 3, and I roled 2 and +1fame, +1cheeleader :-) On a 3d block of the los - I kill Mickey Biscuits dead (wouldn't have been a death if it was 9 armor chaos warrior!), KO Murray. Want to foul the last beastman to the max, but only 2d block means arrows. And my recently acquired reroll goes to the clumsy pickup. whatever, we are probably better off without rerolls anyway, Ha-ha.
  • Some movings, a blitz into snotpilot that doesn't break his armor. And a failed 4+ dodge of loner beastman that resulted in him getting minus agility.
  • I blitz and foul a beastman on my left (none were expelled from the field), put every guy on the left side in an ogrobot tacklezone.
  • Crowdog ponders about blitzing 5+ dodge into the ballcarrier snotpilot. Decides not to. Sends one of the little guys into 'stars' instead.
  • I move the ballcarrier first (should have moved him after setting the ogrobot cage with the third action of the turn) but only 2 mechs bonehead this turn, which allows me to make the cage on the sideline. (the rest of the match has been incredibly bonehead-free so far) I blitz a warrior in the middle and foul a beastman. This time it's a red card.
  • A warrior dodges for an assist, and a part of my halfcage is moved with an arrow. Beastman tries a 4+ dodge into ballcarrier, but fails with reroll.
  • I see an opportunity to fulfill my promise of 2 crowd surfs. It's not trivial, but can work. Unfortunately,a bonehead with the first action stops the execution of that plan. I block my ballcarrier in (Yikes, not a good move. If the next mech didn't start up, I'd be forced to dodge all the way around a warrior) But luckily D-4 Smashinator does rev up, blitzes and pushes that warrior. Then I misclick and do a pass instead of a handoff to an ogrobot on 7th turn. The pass itself was a "5" s o I would have scored that turn if not for the misclick. Then it gets worse: I didn't notice that the catch was unsuccessful and returned back to the snotpilot above the ogrobot! It certainly has the blue beam above him, so I run him into the touchdown area - without the ball. Uh-oh! Run back, and fail a gfi with the next mech to securely contain the beastman on the sideline. Turnover.
  • A beastman in the middle could have blitzed the ballcarrier snotpilot at this point, with 2 '3+' gfi, but the better option was the beastman on the sidelines. blitz -  last reroll was used to successfully dodge and 'both down' is chosen.
  • I could have thrown my snotpilot diagonally up, but everything was too close to an ogrobot on the ball (landing could result in a turnover if it connects with an injury on another player, I think something like that) So I chose not to. Gucks, chaos warrior gets introduced to the crowd, forcibly - KO. I try for a pickup with ogrobot closest to the toucdown, but get a '3' on a 4+ pickup. Tough luck. The half ends on 1-0 score. Chaos injuriies are: 3 injured beastmen, 1 dead, 2 KOs. My injury box only has 1 sent-off pilot.

• The setting up positions were not changed, only I shuffled pilts a bit on the back. Both KOd got up. The ball lands nicely into a snotpilot's hands with a catch. I get a reroll for +fame (both teams rolled '1') A smack on the los and a blitz didn't pierce the armor, we got 2 boneheads.
  • Movement towards my right flank where I keep the ballcarrier, unsuccessfull dodge from los.
  • I should have moved the ballcarrier before doing other actions, but whatever. Ogrobots tacklezone what remains of the chaos team, Chaos warrior is blitzed for 'miss next game'. I hit 2d with a snotpilot  and only then dodge with the ballcarrier (at least I had a reroll, still this turn could have potentially costed me the game) And still, I leave him in a not too protected zone.
  • 2 '3+' gfis is nothing to pay for a blitz into the ball, and a 'pow' is found. First pilot injury of the match - and niggling injury. Some more dice into pilots are found, because I was super not careful with them last turn. (the successes kicked into my brain, yeah)
  • I do a dodge, that doesn't make a second assist - there is a warrior in the middle of the field I didn't account for. Still, 2d block was enough to make beastman fall on the ball. It scatters into a pilot, and I use the reroll to leave him in the hands. Second catch was also a '1', but it's not a turnover, because it's only a scattering ball. After that, the warrior in the middle gets a mechfist in the face, and a 'niggling injury'. Blitz into the beastman near the ball results in him getting '-1 agility' The ball pickup this time is successfull. But I leave the ballcarrying pilot alone on the left sideline (closing the gap with the last moved snotpilot probably didn't do anything, at most would make him do 1 more easy dodge)
  • Blitz into the ballcarrier - '4+' and '3+' dodge successful, hit - didn't find 'pow' or 'both down', reroll didn't help either. Another beastman goes deep into my territory, a warrior fails dodge. (that's it, there's only 4 chaos players on the field, the fourth just lying on the ground)
  • I leave the guy deep in my territory unattended - after all, I try to win the game from a 1-0 still. Blitz with 3d a beastman, he falls. (again, a bit uncareful leaving the pilot to be blitzed next turn) And move the ball up the field.
  • Beastman from the sideline blitzes previously mentioned pilot, KOing him. And moving to the middle where he can threaten the ballcarrier a tiny bit,
  • Remembering my missed touchdown from greed in the first game, I score without a blitz. 1-1 on the score.
  • A snotpilot doesn't get up from the KO, Chaos doesn't have KOs - only 6 injuries and 1 death. I make a mistake in not positioning pilots behind ogrobots, before the kickoff. But they only got 4 players and 4 turns, I have 3 turns to score. "Quick snap" means my middle snot gets hit, he stays on the feet. But the ogrobot above him gets knocked over from the blitz with horns. (I thought, 'why didn't you hit with the chaos warrior there?' but the warrior wouldn't have made a gap, so I did good sidestepping to the right with the pilot) That means the warrior has to go for a chance of scoring, and he catches the handoff, moves up into my field.
  • I fulfill my dream of basing the entirety of the enemy team at the start of the turn, haha. Blitz the warrior with 'arrow, skull'. Luckily, i got another strike with a snotpilot. Dodge and give an assist, and give the warrior a 2d block by a 1 str dude ending in a 'pow' and KO. It's not all roses, because ball bounces right in the hands of an ogrobot.
  • Block into snotpilot, gives him a second injury of the match. Blitz into another - no effect. Third beastman failed dodge.
  • the ballcarrying ogrobot boneheads that leasves me with little chances for scoring the second touchdown.
  • A blitz into pilot - unsuccessful, but a beastman is put onto the ballcarrier.
  • Smack! Beastman Murray is KOd, Another block - 'both down, both down' - injuring a beastman for 'miss next game'. Turnover, I didn't get to move the ballcarrying ogrobot.
  • Turn 16, yet another unsuccessful block of a snotpilot.

Wow, that was one heck of a match! I got '1' on the gold though. See, even godly rolls don't guarantee a victory.

The Can Masters are sitting at exact 500 TV after match day 2. Huge yikes. (without the loners, of course)

It is finished. I certainly wish Crowdog09 better luck next match. He's a proffesional, I think this setback won't make him drop the team in the middle of a season. (at least I hope, there's predictions at stake, I'm not even mentioning this place rules of good sportsmanship)

Edited by Nurdell

• 2 weeks later...

s01ep3

Green, but not too mean.

The Second mission of Delta wing would certainly be the big news, that the whole snot world talks about. If it was made public. For now, all the recordings of this engagement are kept on the hard drives of the base, accessible only to snots of the government.

Thing is - one of the bloodiest semi-victories the snots have seen, is kept secret. All the base pilots, engineers, manual workers of the ogrobot initiative, up to the last janitor, have a strict DND-0E (Do not disclose, or else!) point in their contracts.

It is done to preserve the secret of mechs being built. The world is a dangerous place for snotpeople. It would have been a disaster, even more than the usual ones - if a leader of an underground empire for example would interfere before the ogrobots were fully operational.

Somebody will write about the 'golf club massacre' in their memoirs. But seeing as it's snotpeople we are talking about - I find the thought of some of them living all the way to retirement slightly absurd.

Nevertheless, the base staff and pilots were greatly inspired by the recent events - when the week 3 assignment arrived. Engineers implemented "Guard" programs to Delta-1 Morningstar and Delta-2 Invincible. The wing now must face the green ork hordes - the scourge of fellow snotpeople around the globe for a long time.

"Goff Gougers", as they call themselves, led by chieftain @Bambalachacha have settled in 'Ruckus Park', ransacking it in the process.

All preparations complete, transport helicopters pierce the snowing clouds nearby the Ruckus Park.

Spoiler

The weather is "blizzard", so not much gfi would be done from either side today. At least until the weather changes.

Orks got to go first. They set 2 guys nearby my Delta-6, but the very first action needing cubes - pickup with sure hands, fails on a '2', '1' and the scattered catch also is not successful, '3'. Turnover.

I KO a 5 spp black ork from hitting the LoS. He won't be getting a level up today. And another KO on blitzer on turn 1.

On t3, the second blitz in a row fails to pbreak the snotpilot power armor, and the ork cage is moved on my right-mid field.

I blitz and foul a mighty blow ork blitzer. (armor was not penetrated) 2 mechs bonehead, but 3 snotpilots and an ogrobot are sitting on the ballcarrier.

And yeah, such bravery doesn't go unpunished - blitzers issue an 'mng' and 'no long term effect' injuries to 2 little guys, ogrobot on the ball is pow'd on the ground, as well as the 4th snotpilot (stars)

But, orks grouped up so much that the mechs got blitz in the ball - after 2 gfi (one of which was nailbiting '3', it's a 'push-push'. Oh, and the troll was also injured by the hand of delta-2 Invincible, but he regenerated.

It's turn 5 now. Ballcarrier ork tries to dodge on 3+ - no luck. Reroll didn't help either. I'm saying: rerolls are overrated, haha! Turnover, and now the Wing is more or less in control.

So I move Delta-2 with a gfi from the LoS area next to the ball. Pilot Vrozski fails the pickup and the scatter lands right into D-2's metal hands! At this point, I'm convinced the antifreezing solution on the feet works, and mention it to the opponent

The green guys easily deal with 3 mechs a little bit higher - first 1d was successful and the rest is just dominoes.

Ogrobot blitzes and injures the opponent's thrower, for '-1 move', apothecary was used but didn't seem to be successful, minus move was kept. That also moved ballcarring mech out of the tackle zones. So up I go. At this point I'm wondering - why there is no foul on a ogrobot that boneheaded the standup, but I guess he only has 11 players.

An ork blitzer tries to do bad stuff to a mech that's surrounded by 2 guys - 1d 'skull' Turnover.

I move all my players up, punch a black ork - It's a kill confirmed. Bambalachacha calls me a murderer, haha. The next hit ends with 'skull-skull', so I allow orks to stand next to the metal ballcarrier by turn 8.

Which they do, putting 2 guys next to delta-2 and one next to the would-be-scoring snotpilot.

For the whole turn 8, I'm thinking if I should go dodge with an ogrobot, for an ephemeral chance to handoff and score by 2 "4+" rolls (without rerolls obviously), or just hit some more with the ballcarrier. I choose neither, hehe. In the end I decide to: blitz the mighty blow ork nearby the ballcarrier (pushed), And actually decide to go for the now-harder-with-2-added-by-my-previous-action-gfis handoff play. He revvs up, but the initial dodge fails. 0-0 after first half.

It's the second half and Delta wing is in the attack. Only one ork of the 2 ko'd returns to the field, we got 2 lightly injured players - so it's 8 goff gougers against 9 Delta wing players.

Quick snap allows a snotpilot to move under the ball, and he catches it. I fully move the players to the left flank. Turn ends with 'both down-both down' penetrating both the ogrobot and a black ork's armors. It was the last move anyway.

The first turn in the second half for orks didn't end good - troll boneheads on '1' and a dodge fails right into KO.

Most of the turns in second half weren't interesting - I just move on the left side, caging the ball by the sideline, almost without going into contact. Troll boneheads way more than it should, orks try to make columns of players right next to the touchdown area. So - skip until t15, where I finally go into full-contact. (I don't even foul a single time in the second half)

So, it's turn 16; 6 ogrobots are standing next to 5 orks, the ball is in a pilot's hands 5 squares away from the touchdown. You'd think it would be an easy score, right?... You would be correct.

It's just I was tense, when I was this close to winning, And I try to check for every possibility of a failure when I'm tense.

Anyway, I do make an opening - and run the ball in. 0-1 on the score at the end of the match.

Edited by Nurdell

s01ep4

Recoil.

Mission in the ork-controlled lands was a success all around. Base director allowed pilots to celebrate it with champagne. But you see, champagne is a strong enough beverage for a normally tiny snotman body - that they woke up with a severe hangover the next morning.

Alert couldn't have come in more unfortunate time. Delta wing crew was ordered to urgently fly to Warpstone Underworld's location - to thwart plans of a skaven lord, @Thiods. He gathered a band of exceedingly fast rats. Surveillance was inconclusive of their plans. Despite the protests of repairsnots and warnings that we would be flying at our own risk; higherups descended an order for delta wing to dispatch and destroy the skaven scheming.

Problems became apparent right from the start. Ground snotpilots, dizzy from yesterday's (well-deserved) celebration - had trouble running around their opponents. And Ogrobots themselves were in not so good shape as well... Undercharged and lacking proper after-mission maintenance, internal repair snots were hard at work trying to move the machines.

This unprepairedness resulted in what the post-match reports describe as "hard pushback from the usually brilliant team", "Quality and quantity recoiled to way below average levels". But less optimistic minds were waiting for something like this to happen, since the very first mission.

Spoiler

First things first - Thiods' team is skaven, not underworld. It's just their confusing name, Warpstone Underworld.

So, rats only got one own reroll. For the match they bought a help from the mage and a beer lady from some of their team's fund.

True to the above text, our match happened very early on sunday morning. That may have affected my opponent's playing a little. But I came to the match not for winning. It would be a really hard thing to pull off - I dreamed of maiming the 7th armor, and hunting my bounty target, runner 'I can't miss my flight'.

The starting whistle blows. Surprisingly, I get +2 fame - when would you see an ogre team having more than double the viewers over skaven next time! The fame instantly gives it's fruits - I receive a reroll on the kickoff event. But then it went downhill.

• My target was left exposed for blitz on the setup. I try to blitz - bonehead says 'no'. LoS rats get 2 broken armor, but no injuries - we got 2 more boneheads on the first turn, and I mistake this for an empty square on the right - and like a dumb, leave an even bigger empty field on the left by moving the last active snot there. At least I picked the ball without problems.
  • Despite the massive flaw in our defence line - situation on the 2nd turn is not too bad. Snots themselves even smack some 2d blocks on skavens.At least, it wouldn't have been - if my snotpilot ballcarrier didn't fail the dodge. Oh no! The ball rolls across players into a square with tacklezone of an ogrobot, a pilot and 3 rats.
  • On resulting skaven blocks (all pushes), I may have needed to sidestep next to the ball. I didn't. Another mistake, and a 4 agility runner picks up the ball with '3' on 3+ roll. He successfully runs away with the ball, a 2 player screen is formed above him. (I still think one gfi was needed to move the gutter runner down additional square to create another layer of spaced defence)
  • Because next turn I blitz the ball carrier with break tackle D-4 Smashinator. The dodge was a success, used reroll from the fans, and found the pow. Oh, and before that blitz - pilot Vrozski hits the (Very few actual minuses in this match) injury on a rat - a KO of a gutter runner. We don't risk picking the ball up so close to our score line, but put a pilot on it in addition to the ogrobot.
  • Skavens move up on the loosely protected ball, blitz the pilot next to the ball - skull-push-skull. They have to hit the ogrobot in red 2d now. Which they do, it's a push on the ball. But it bounces and is picked by the rat who already moved.
  • Thankfully, D-4 Smashinator doesn't bonehead and finds the 6 on the new ballcarrier. Ball bounces away from mech tacklezones, so I have to pick it, at least try. I move a pilot above the ball and try to pick - fail, but it bounces up top, right into the hands of a waiting pilot Xardnut. Turnover.
  • Skavens find a 6 in 2d blitz the ballcarrier - it scatters in tackelzone of 2 ogrobots. Nice. But a nasty red 2d block succeeds and downs one of those big guys. Rats don't dare to try for a pickup.
  • I set up for a little pushthrough, clearing 2 tacklezones off the ball for the price of one good block. I could clear the last player off the ball - but after some thinking, I decide to blitz into 3d, but my bounty hunter target, over some random skaven. Turns out that picking the ball wasn't in the cards anyway because a snotpilot fails dodge after that.
  • A snotpilot is KOd way up in the field, but also pilot Xardnut - earns his Second nigling injury (!), taking an opponent on an unlucky block with him for a turnover.
  • I respond with a skull-bothdown turnover block myself. (and a bonehead in the field on that turn too) At least there are 2 ogrobots on the ball still.
  • Skavens try for a pickup - 4+ roll fails on '3-rr-2', the ball jumps on 2 rats and one mech (none caught it) and lands near my touchdown area. This particular turn was the scariest for me in terms of getting a score so far. A bit of a phew moment about the non-pick-up.
  • On my turn - I move my frenzy ogrobot for a scoring threat, a bit clumsily push scavens up. And fail to pick up the ball without tacklezones. It again bounces on the mech, and lands covered with 2 big guys and a pilot.
  • It's turn 7, time for something desperate. And this time rats dodges are working for them. I did the correct sidestep, blocking the left path by the sideline. Gutter runner picks the ball in those terrible conditions on '6', dodges away from my players, but this sidestepped pilot Polpetak stops his winning stride. (dodge skill was used on the very first dodge of his move). Ball falls off to the viewers, who kick it Really far horizontally on my right flank. It lands in the touchdown zone even.
  • I really don't have better options on my turn 8 other than to cover the ball with a pilot and a mech. Do a 4th KO in the match and that's it for my half.
  • Stormvermin blitzes my guy on the ball - just a push. Gutter Runner with his 4 agility dodges into 1 tacklezone (because there's no TZ from a pilot) and minus 2 on pickup: And he succeeds. 1-0 in the first half. Ouch.

• At the start of second half, 3 out of 4 kod rats get up, 1 out of 1 pilot too. We play 11 vs11. But it's "Underworld"s turn to receive. High Kick - didn't catch, the very first hit results in 'BD-skull' Turnover that cost me a badly hurt on a pilot. I can potentially score right away with a thrown teammate...
  • Yeah, as if! Pilot Bachsum couldn't control the air currents and fails the landing (on a roll of '4'. If only he scattered a tiny bit better!) That sends him to the KO box. And I I do some dumb blitz, that's not a pushtrough on the best day, instead of hitting a guy normally.
  • Skavens dodge out of the way of my mechs, but the last dodge is failed - it leaves me an open road to at least blitz part of the half-cage, covering the ballcarrier.
  • And I bonehead the blitz this turn... That along with another bonehead leaves gutter runner on my right flank free. I try to remedy it with a "tacklezone" of a +move snotpilot, but fail a gfi.
  • It wasn't necessary to pass and handoff this turn to score, but - whatever works. I would have just done 2 gfis and a handoff for a score, but it would leave the ball in semi-dangerous position, and wouldn't give 1 spp. (it can be remedied by putting players forward anyway). Oh well, all the necessary rolls are completed - and the score on T11-12 is now 2-0.
  • Despite losing, I still wanted to play for victory - that's how we call a 'draw' on the language of tier 3 teams, haha. I set up for a oneturner. The crowd decides to throw a rock, at no other than my target, 'I can't miss my flight'! And it's a KO. Touchback and I give the ball to my +move guy, pilot Makdier. He is really good at landing this time, 2 boneheads stop me from fully smacking the los, and D-4 Smashinator is really good at throwing. 2-1.
  • The weather gets even better on a kickoff, and skavens run the ball deep into my field right away. With a fairly questionable-quality screening - That is, if they didn't have a wizard waiting. But they do, and my frenzy ogrobot in the back falls struck by lightning.
  • But all my big guys are in tackle zones, break tackle mech is safely cut off in the middle. After a little hitting of rat heads that lead to nothing, I try to blitz - (only!) 2 times the 4+ roll and I would be hitting the ball. But it wasn't meant to happen. D-6 Sambogre falls on the first dodge. (Oh, and I try throwing a player towards the ball in the middle of this turn. '1' on the attempt. But I don't know what I was thinking, not putting the throwing ogre one turn to the left)
  • 'I can't miss my flight' runs the ball in before anything bad happens. 3-1
  • Fans cheer us up for another reroll. 3 boneheads on the LoS, happens. A pilot doesn't pick up the ball - even after the reroll. Should have brought more snotpilots around the ball first, ugh.
  • Skavens don't manage to down my pilot on the ball, and - don't manage to pick the ball up because of that.
  • Before moving my guys closer to the ball, I hit a 2d block - finding double skulls. Turnover.
  • Pickup, handoff - and it's a 4-1 on the score.
  • T15 and we get another touchback. I uhm, do another mistake - this time I don't leave a second ogrobot ready to throw, instead blitz with the guy closer to the ball. The mech I intended to throw with - boneheads. (it wasn't as simple as a mistake - I intended to blitz my target player, but in the last moment saw that the path is covered from all sides now. Had to choose another target)
  • Skavens run far far away, but not before smacking a snotpilot with a blitz.
  • Last turn of the game - I figured I should not try to go for a risky 4-2 result, but instead foul some, and throw some at the rat live targets too. I foul, breaking armor - but not injuring. The throw at targets wasn't successful either. Thought about going for a vanity pass, but for some reason - didn't do it. 4-1 at the end of the game.

Now, yeah - I didn't play this match super duper well, After watching the replay I found 3 more mistakes on top of 2 I noticed when I played it. But still, I could have pulled a draw maybe, if I played better! So, - play better next time, right?

Yeah, and hopefully I won't get 43 '1's when 'every other face' is at 30-33. Bonehead is at 76%. It's like we skipped a d5 and went straight to d4. Oh well. Still it was a very fun match!

I need to think, whether I want to keep the 2x niggling pilot Xardnut or not. For the memes of course, but he played fairly good in this match.

And the whole match writeup is done.

Edited by Nurdell

• 2 weeks later...

s01ep5

And the hell will remember.

"We are going Where? It must be a bureaucratic error. Or a typo, a whole bunch of typos!" Delta base director was receiving orders for the next destination.

A decoded sheet of paper reads: DeVille, and it's coordinates. A place in jungle, infamous for it's smouldering hole in the ground, and demonettes (amazons) that took names alike ancient greek ones. One of the many unnatural disasters that besiege this world. @Diabolurules over DeVille's inhabitants.

"They want to undermine the operation. A few more dangerous missions like this and an ogrobot or two will be left a wreck. Ugh! The coordinates match - it's not an error then. Got to be wary of suspicious actions, there might be a mole. But a mission is a mission." Thoughts darted in director's mind. "This will be tough"

Spoiler

The battle was tough. And for sure, it was a battle, more than a match. Devil's Details right from the start (they won the cointoss) surrounded and took down D-4 Smashinator, showing their intention of dismantling the ogrobots before they can pose a threat. It really was a test of armor's durability - that we passed with flying colors.

So what if on t2 a 3d blitz into an amazon ballcarrier (courtesy of failed dodge at the end of last turn) didn't bring the desired result. And on t4 I had a 4+ chance to do one dodge and be blitzing into the ballcarrier - and it didn't work. It's just 1-0 on t6. The mediocre attempt at oneturner on t8 from me shattered on a skull-skull blitz.

And, as I did a write-up of 2 moments in the div 6C smack talk thread - I didn't play perfectly. But out of the many less than perfect options, I chose the best one - that led to scoring on t14 with D-6 Sambogre. Diabolu was impressed by that one. And a tie of 1-1 in the end. I guess, I can be proud of that, but there's still a lesson to be learned from those 2 moments for me.

Oh, and the "will remember" part? That's a good old t16 foul that deducted an agility point off of a level 2 catcher. Leading to her early retirement from the team.

Something like that, thanks for streaming it at ChrisFrosin twitch. (I still had to search for it, you didn't mention the link to your channel. At least, I don't remember you did)

Edited by Nurdell

9 hours ago, Nurdell said:

s01ep5

And the hell will remember.

"We are going Where? It must be a bureaucratic error. Or a typo, a whole bunch of typos!" Delta base director was receiving orders for the next destination.

A decoded sheet of paper reads: DeVille, and it's coordinates. A place in jungle, infamous for it's smouldering hole in the ground, and demonettes (amazons) that took names alike ancient greek ones. One of the many unnatural disasters that besiege this world. @Diabolurules over DeVille's inhabitants.

"They want to undermine the operation. A few more dangerous missions like this and an ogrobot or two will be left a wreck. Ugh! The coordinates match - it's not an error then. Got to be wary of suspicious actions, there might be a mole. But a mission is a mission." Thoughts darted in director's mind. "This will be tough"

Reveal hidden contents

The battle was tough. And for sure, it was a battle, more than a match. Devil's Details right from the start (they won the cointoss) surrounded and took down D-4 Smashinator, showing their intention of dismantling the ogrobots before they can pose a threat. It really was a test of armor's durability - that we passed with flying colors.

So what if on t2 a 3d blitz into an amazon ballcarrier (courtesy of failed dodge at the end of last turn) didn't bring the desired result. And on t4 I had a 4+ chance to do one dodge and be blitzing into the ballcarrier - and it didn't work. It's just 1-0 on t6. The mediocre attempt at oneturner on t8 from me shattered on a skull-skull blitz.

And, as I did a write-up of 2 moments in the div 6C smack talk thread - I didn't play perfectly. But out of the many less than perfect options, I chose the best one - that led to scoring on t14 with D-6 Sambogre. Diabolu was impressed by that one. And a tie of 1-1 in the end. I guess, I can be proud of that, but there's still a lesson to be learned from those 2 moments for me.

Oh, and the "will remember" part? That's a good old t16 foul that deducted an agility point off of a level 2 catcher. Leading to her early retirement from the team.

Something like that, thanks for streaming it at ChrisFrosin twitch. (I still had to search for it, you didn't mention the link to your channel. At least, I don't remember you did)

Haha, this is epic!!!!! :D :D

Awards

• 4 weeks later...

s01ep6

Feeling of Pity.

From the encrypted journal of Dexty Kroggins, Delta base director:

-The last weeks were Busy. I cautiously prodded for information on a mole - and all signs show that we do have a spy. Haven't been able to pinpoint him exactly yet, but I do have a few suspects. List is too dangerous to entrust even to this encrypted journal. So it'll sit in my brain for now.

But now is a good time to get encounter archive back in order.

On week 6 we were assigned a mission to deploy deep into elf territory.

Positively I have no idea what they needed us to do. Out of all possible creature-based disasters, 'wood elves' have always been the least threatening. They come, they do what they need, then they leave. Without inflicting a terrible amount of snot-ualties.

During the time, they were having some "athlympic" (?) event at Panathenaic Stadium. @smifffy01and his Olympic Gold Sprinters were not thrilled to have Ogrobots crush their party...

What's more important is - pilots weren't putting up their all that week too. Doubts spread in the barracks among the snotders about 'Is it right or not to interrupt some huge sports event of guys we are not even particularly at war with' - as somebody said after the return. And so, mechpilots weren't doing their best on the field. Sloppiness and lack of discipline this week didn't exactly show the advantages of metal over agile raw skin.

Spoiler

Well, woodies vs ogres have statistically been the worst matchup in the history of the game - I didn't exactly expect to win there. But I was surely hoping for a tie. And yeah, to bring home lots of spp's from those armor 7 guys who haven't gotten many Dodges yet.

'The plan' is obvious - hit hard, hit often. With little boots too. They only got exactly 11 players after all.

And as people say - Injuries are too random to rely upon.

I gave the ball to an ogrobot, went down the sideline more or less ready to score. My 6th turn ended with a failed snotpilot dodge into badly hurt (my first minus player of the game, only on 6th turn!) Elves find a 1d 'Pow' after using their last reroll on a 2d skulls hit on frenzy ogrobot in the middle, and set the player on the ball. On t7 I did 2 gfis with the ballcarrier for 0-1. Elfs have 1 guy stand up from the three ko'd with a bloodweiser beer's help even. First half - a success overall, but I would have liked to have some elves in the injuried box, you know.

Yes, they got 2 turns to score now, but I had no rerolls by the end of the half. 2 gfi is not much harder than making him pass the bonehead test at the turn 8.

And I made sure they don't have an easy time scoring their 2-turner afterwards! Blitz with a ball landing near the los - the bounce wasn't idea for us. Ball is picked in one tacklezone, 2 guys were sent for a scoring threat in my field - one had to do 2 gfi for it, so I blitzed the other. But just like me, (with added 1d block of covering ogrobot, a handoff and a 3d block of snotpilot that nearly ended their turn preemptively with 2 skulls and a both down), they do those 2 gfis for a touchdown and the score is now tied on t8, 1-1.

On t9 I attempt a throw teammate at the cage - the guy surprisingly lands, but unfortunately not on the enemy's head. On t10 I successfully do a good ol' 4+ dodge into the ball - and use up the reroll (probably shouldn't have as I didn't have players to pick the ball up anywhere near) to pow the ballcarrier. 2 turns into the half and I only got 2 or 3 snotpilots left on the field, as the ref notices a foul. The rest of the little guys are in the injury box. Then they score for 2-1 (the gfi after reroll was used was moderately risky)

T12-11 and the full elven roster is back on the field. They use their strip ball to have a 1d blitz  into the ballcarrying ogrobot through a 'line' of 2 snotpilots - they don't need a reroll to knock him down. Elf attempts pass, but is inaccurate. That allows me to grab the ball next turn with +move pilot. It's not exactly a secure position - blitzer with tackle finds a 'both down' on him, and a 5 agility elf just laughs at all the tacklezones after using the reroll for pickup. 3-1.

I still want to try to salvage the game by first doing a oneturn throw and later playing by the situation in the last two turns. Well, everything worked - including 2 gfis to hand the ball over, the good throw. Until the part where you need to roll for the landing. pilot Makdier (+move guy) didn't land and earned himself a 'miss next game'.

So yeah, another touchdown seals the deal, 4-1.

"Elven bullshit"? Maybe yes, maybe not. The match might have swung the other way if Olympic Gold Sprinters didn't have only a single lineelf in the injuries at turn 14. We certainly fouled a lot (maybe even more than I 'should have') But at least I took away a movement point off a +str elf by a t16 foul. Some satisfaction at least.

s01ep7

Iron vs Other elements

Spoiler

On week 7 the base was assaulted by @Oregon's mad science experiments... Actinoid Androids, made from alloys with inclusions of transuranium elements. In a form-factor of a dark elf team, they are seriously a sight to behold. .

A friendly fellow scientists's challenge; or will our familiar mechs be trampled over in the dirt?

Find out in the next episode of dragon ball z Delta wing's archives.

Spoiler

At first it was reminding me of some sort of comedy of errors. Our match was held very early in the sunday morning, so I guess we both didn't truly wake up. Either way, it was a fun one.

While my pilot didn't pick the ball up on t1, I handed it to an ogrobot on t2.  Don't count assists and Frenzy my way into 1d block, ending in both down rr into skull. Ha! Dark elves in 2red dice punch the ball out of ogrobot's hands and it is caught by one of them - who already moved and is standing near the border of the pitch. That's where Frenzy comes and pushes an elf out of bounds. Ball bounces right in the center of the field, I pickup and again put it into an ogrobot's hands and walk forward. On the next turn I try to push out of bounds by 3d blitz - use up our last reroll to start up the frenzy ogrobot near the sideline - 3 'both downs'! And I didn't take care of the ballcarrier ogrobot first. They blitz into 1d, 'defender stumbles', elf catches the ball and the ball slips away on t5 after such a good start!

I start t6 with an unnecessary ogrobot dodge. "Not a mistake if not caught". 2 mechs 'shortcircuit'. But my weak attempts to thwart the inevitable by 2 snotpowers - didn't bear fruit. Actinoid Androids lead 0-1 on turn 7.

On t7 I move my guys 1 square higher on the LoS, giving me a fairer chance at oneturner at the end of the half. But it doesn't work out when I get '1' on the handoff catch. Oh well, I still made 2 injuries by the end of the first half - better than the last match, ha!

Well, snotpilot numbers are drying up too - one KO didn't wake up so we are starting second half with 3 ground pilots against 9 Androids. T9, the ball is kicked close to our side and the withelf didn't manage to pick it up. Reroll wasn't used so 3 dark elves were left on los. Punching commences, and not much else - 2 boneheads and a failed gfi leave the 'road' on the sideline fairly open. Yeah, elves cover it up - but we got Delta-3 Brutalizer, who with the help of a frenzy programm finds himself a place near the witchelf android practically falling off the right side of the pitch. I support him with another mech from behind, so no easy pushing-outs are possible. One of the 2 remaining remaining on the field of battle pilots, Tryniken - bravely survives a blitz and a block and the witchelf now must be dodging into 2 mech (and 0,1 snotpilot) tacklezone. Which she BARELY fails! Phew!

Tryniken picks the ball up, goes forward. But is stopped by a dastardly 1d blitz from blitzelf Californium that finds a Pow. That lucky blitz is followed by a not-so-lucky '1' on the dodge (rerolled) and '1' on ball pickup! We punish that clumsiness by a 'miss next game' blitz. Unfortunately, 2 boneheads opened up an easy way forward, which many Androids use to form a loose cage. Turn 13 - I can blitz into the ball still. But first, preparations: one of the steps is chucking Tryniken towards the 'cage' and he finds his way on top of the enemy player. Good job, you leave the field with applause and badly hurt. Blitz results in "forced" 'both down', which KOs Delta-6 Sambogre and costs Erdar 'Uranium' a point in movement allowance. Ball scatters away from us, witch elf dodges, pickups and scores. T14 is 0-2.

(remember how in the Bounty Hunt topic I said 'you need incredible energy to injure an android? Well, it applied only to permanent injuries - on t14 5 dark elves are lying with red crosses above them)

Guess what? I can still tie the game ;-) Cheering fans give me an extra much-needed reroll, the ball goes way too far to make it a oneturn touchdown. So we do the TTM touchdown next turn. It was actually fairly dangerous for the score - we didn't manage to down a  darkelf ready to score by a Frenzy 3d both blitz. Landing in a tacklezone was successfully rerolled and 2 gfis were successfull, 1-2. on t15.

T16 kickoff event is not "extra turn" it's a simple quick snap.but the ball lands close to us again. LoS elves dodge away, forming a semi-cage around the ball, witch elf goes to the back of the field. Ball is picked up and - pass fails! We have a chance.

After a blitz into a loner and a mediocre foul that didn't penetrate the armor, we throw a snot and it lands in a beautifull spot right next to the ball but not in tackle zone. Just a pickup in 1 tacklezone and a single gfi separating us from tying up the game... We got no rerolls and the pickup is a '1'. We still lose the match 1-2, but it was incredibly close. Oh well, it was still a super fun match.

On 5/26/2021 at 2:41 PM, Nurdell said:

s01ep6

Feeling of Pity.

From the encrypted journal of Dexty Kroggins, Delta base director:

-The last weeks were Busy. I cautiously prodded for information on a mole - and all signs show that we do have a spy. Haven't been able to pinpoint him exactly yet, but I do have a few suspects. List is too dangerous to entrust even to this encrypted journal. So it'll sit in my brain for now.

But now is a good time to get encounter archive back in order.

On week 6 we were assigned a mission to deploy deep into elf territory.

Positively I have no idea what they needed us to do. Out of all possible creature-based disasters, 'wood elves' have always been the least threatening. They come, they do what they need, then they leave. Without inflicting a terrible amount of snot-ualties.

During the time, they were having some "athlympic" (?) event at Panathenaic Stadium. @smifffy01and his Olympic Gold Sprinters were not thrilled to have Ogrobots crush their party...

What's more important is - pilots weren't putting up their all that week too. Doubts spread in the barracks among the snotders about 'Is it right or not to interrupt some huge sports event of guys we are not even particularly at war with' - as somebody said after the return. And so, mechpilots weren't doing their best on the field. Sloppiness and lack of discipline this week didn't exactly show the advantages of metal over agile raw skin.

Hide contents

Well, woodies vs ogres have statistically been the worst matchup in the history of the game - I didn't exactly expect to win there. But I was surely hoping for a tie. And yeah, to bring home lots of spp's from those armor 7 guys who haven't gotten many Dodges yet.

'The plan' is obvious - hit hard, hit often. With little boots too. They only got exactly 11 players after all.

And as people say - Injuries are too random to rely upon.

I gave the ball to an ogrobot, went down the sideline more or less ready to score. My 6th turn ended with a failed snotpilot dodge into badly hurt (my first minus player of the game, only on 6th turn!) Elves find a 1d 'Pow' after using their last reroll on a 2d skulls hit on frenzy ogrobot in the middle, and set the player on the ball. On t7 I did 2 gfis with the ballcarrier for 0-1. Elfs have 1 guy stand up from the three ko'd with a bloodweiser beer's help even. First half - a success overall, but I would have liked to have some elves in the injuried box, you know.

Yes, they got 2 turns to score now, but I had no rerolls by the end of the half. 2 gfi is not much harder than making him pass the bonehead test at the turn 8.

And I made sure they don't have an easy time scoring their 2-turner afterwards! Blitz with a ball landing near the los - the bounce wasn't idea for us. Ball is picked in one tacklezone, 2 guys were sent for a scoring threat in my field - one had to do 2 gfi for it, so I blitzed the other. But just like me, (with added 1d block of covering ogrobot, a handoff and a 3d block of snotpilot that nearly ended their turn preemptively with 2 skulls and a both down), they do those 2 gfis for a touchdown and the score is now tied on t8, 1-1.

On t9 I attempt a throw teammate at the cage - the guy surprisingly lands, but unfortunately not on the enemy's head. On t10 I successfully do a good ol' 4+ dodge into the ball - and use up the reroll (probably shouldn't have as I didn't have players to pick the ball up anywhere near) to pow the ballcarrier. 2 turns into the half and I only got 2 or 3 snotpilots left on the field, as the ref notices a foul. The rest of the little guys are in the injury box. Then they score for 2-1 (the gfi after reroll was used was moderately risky)

T12-11 and the full elven roster is back on the field. They use their strip ball to have a 1d blitz  into the ballcarrying ogrobot through a 'line' of 2 snotpilots - they don't need a reroll to knock him down. Elf attempts pass, but is inaccurate. That allows me to grab the ball next turn with +move pilot. It's not exactly a secure position - blitzer with tackle finds a 'both down' on him, and a 5 agility elf just laughs at all the tacklezones after using the reroll for pickup. 3-1.

I still want to try to salvage the game by first doing a oneturn throw and later playing by the situation in the last two turns. Well, everything worked - including 2 gfis to hand the ball over, the good throw. Until the part where you need to roll for the landing. pilot Makdier (+move guy) didn't land and earned himself a 'miss next game'.

So yeah, another touchdown seals the deal, 4-1.

"Elven bullshit"? Maybe yes, maybe not. The match might have swung the other way if Olympic Gold Sprinters didn't have only a single lineelf in the injuries at turn 14. We certainly fouled a lot (maybe even more than I 'should have') But at least I took away a movement point off a +str elf by a t16 foul. Some satisfaction at least.

It felt like your main aim of the game was to hurt Armin, the st4 lino. You ma busted him in the end. It was a fun game, but woodies vs ogres is a mismatch like you say. Really enjoyed the game and the banter. Hope you do well next season mate. Also, Arming took another -ma and is now ma5 st4 ag4 av7. Haven't sacked him yet, but probably will.

Awards

s01ep8

That's what War feels like?

It's week eight - not a cloud in the sky, and no planned dangerous activities are scheduled for Delta wing personnel.

But there's no such thing as resting easily when you are in advanced military base.

Radars have shown an ork team approaching from WNW - green alert, on positions! As they approach closer, lookouts are able to recognize Physicz Boyz, led by @VeneEestlane. Green brutes and goblins (which are still about 1,5 times the size of your average snotizen) are shouting something about 'teaching us'. They must be here to avenge for their fellow Goff Gougers - or Actinoid Androids?

During the battle - the score for dead snotdiers was opened... Pilot Dreik Xardnut was the one to fall; and pilot Cerill Polpetak injured right leg.

But it seems a pilot taken out in action was all that orks needed this time. They left area of the base after the 'match' concluded. (if memory serves well - surprisingly only tying for the 'ribbon' deadliest killer player in our division after all 9 matches have been played, with 3 kills)

Spoiler
Spoiler

90b.jpg

Me before the match tying with 2 kills on the leaderboard.

And the match begins!

We got a second reroll before the match and 12 players - orks got a Bomber Dribblesnot and 12 real players. We're expensive, oh how the tables will turn in BB3, can't wait!

Physicz Boyz start in attack - an put bombardier on the los for some reason. (I'm more or less scared of him, because it's 'free' blows on the armor of the 5 str guys with a bonus. And I can't necessary approach the guy easily) Sure, he manages to throw a bomb and send pilot Tryniken to heal for the match. But one boneheading troll - and I get to hit the bomber with a pow. Blitz and put an ogrobot on the ballcarrier.

And Troll boneheaded on turn 2 as well.

On t3 I kill guard blitzer Farad, but the apothecary saves him fully. The ball is moved into potentially scoring zone - nothing a blitz with break tackle and 2 gfi can't handle. Still, pows or defender stumbles are nowhere to be found even after a reroll so he stays upright.

Orks' turn 4 ends after the road to score has almost been cleared by a 2 skull block by troll. Bomber is having a leisurely chat with pilot Nikton away from the main battle. And next turn I smack down the ballcarrier finally.

On t5 I semi-intentionally smack the mb-tackle blitzer ork onto the ball - and it lands into the hands of a black ork with a 6+ catch! Almost any other scatter was better, but if the black ork didn't catch  - it could have been even worse as there was a goblin next to him. Even with 0 rerolls on the ork side - I would have attempted a 4+ handoff to the goblin and running the ball in, through a dodge and 2 gfi, but coach said: "Hit more!" and the team obeyed.

On t6 I smack the black ork carrying the ball down, and pick the ball up to transmit into a safer hands of an ogrobot. Even with 0 rerolls, I still think about instead trying to toss a pilot with the ball up the field to potentially score - in previous matches I would have done that, but in that game I chose to play safer. Maybe I should have done the opposite - play safer against elfs, and played riskier against 'slow' orks. Don't know.

T7 is a turnover for Physicz Boyz because bomber, even left without tacklezones because of ogrobot on him boneheaded the hit - still threw the bomb a little too far and caught blitzer Coulomb in the explosion. It KO'd my snotpilot who I was planing to give the ball to later, but didn't hurt the ballcarrying ogre.

Seems like we won't be scoring this half with just one pilot on the field standing and one lying, so I block some orks around a bit. And of course, foul mb-tackly-block guy with 4 assists, to no result. 0-0 after first half.

KO'd snotpilot doesn't get up, we got 2 injured ; Troll doesn't get up from the KO he put himself into, the other guy does. So we are starting second half with 9 players against 11 orkz. Very respectable result if you consider we had only one sub for this match. The kiler Coulomb is still standing despite many attempts to bring him down, unfortunately for us.

We failed some rollzes on t8 and t9 - so my team didn't even get to picking the ball up part of the turn. At least Physicz Boyz didn't manage to pick the ball up on t10 too.

I still think I lost the match on t11 by not moving third big guy, D-1 Morningstar down towards the ball, but to the right hopefully to circle around. 2 of my ogrobots were getting bogged down on the left away from action by one goblin and 'wiring malfunctions' nearly the whole second half.

With lots of guards, ogrobots on the right side were pushed more or less away from the ball

Then I decided to play bold and rolled for push with 3 red dice. The 50,4% of the 'not turnover with reroll' didn't work out and pilot Xardnut met his demise here. Mighty blow was not needed, I think.

Orkz clear the area of our players, pick the ball up on t12. And still, next turn even though I ran out of rerolls - I still managed to do a 2d blitz into the ball, only a push. I could have potentially brought a break tackle guy on the ball with 2 dodges - but I didn't. Orks group up to find a 2d blitz into ogrobot next to the ballcarrier, push and they score. 0-1 on t13. I still got 3 turns for an answer.

Ball lands nicely on the right side near los, and I go to pick it up. Bring everybody together and stuff, the +move pilot Makdier doesn't pick the ball up. It scatters very safe for me. But yeah, oneturner by throwing teammate with no rerolls left is not the ideal way, so we didn't manage - Boneheaded both t15 and 16 blitzes. and didn't dodge from tackle on t16 eventually (into injury with pilot Makdier, luckily it was just badly hurt).

Allright, 0-1 in the end. I felt I could have won that, even through no injuries even on goblins. I just needed to focus the fist of my attack differently... Still, a pretty good match.

Edited by Nurdell

s01ep9

Hammering Iron.

On the week following orks' attack on our base, we had a planned training game with Norn Iron, a dark elf team headed by @Antrm. Don't know how, or when we got into contact with them. Just that one day a page, scheduling the match and various details around it was put on my table. Snotpilots were actually looking up to that date, some were excited even - before orks struck, that is.

On the day of the event, it felt as if the cloud of seriousness engulfed the base. Grass on our training field was cut, Mechs were scrubbed clean and pilots precharged batteries of their power armors. Everybody was ready to do their best. (And by everybody, I also mean the crowd - some of them brought 'surprises'. I did it in secret to cheer up my guys on the last match of the season)

Little did we know, that our opponents prepared even better. (In terms of resistance to injuries). Players were given steroids - muting the pain. And as much as I don't like saying it - it was a good move on the Antrm's part.

Injuries are almost inevitable when you are dealing with giant (by snotsize) metal machines. Main pilot does an inaccurate hand swipe and you are already lying in a hospital with shattered rib 4 days later from concussion.

Ball flies in the air, match begins!

Spoiler
  • Kickoff event is - Pitch Invasion. That's that 'surprise' I was talking about. Many of the elves are now lying on the ground for 2 turns, and on our side - only 2 pilots. And the ball is kicked into the frontline too, where after several bounces on LoS ogrobots, catches it. I really wanted to start the match strong, that means by an elf injury - but after hitting the 3 LoS loners a bit inaccurately, I closed the window for a blitz into witchelf and blitzed Wrestle guy instead. Only after Piling On he was KO'd. 'Starting strong' means also fouling almost every turn, so I do just that - kick the tackle guy while he's down even without assist. Armor penetrated but he is not injured..
  • Then I base literally everyone on the opposite team while they still haven't gotten up. (in the hopes that they'll eventually get a '1' on the dodge, since that skill is still a rare sight in Norn Iron) That unfortunately means I got no perfect place for the ballcarrying snotpilot - so I choose the next best thing: next to a lying loner with a guard mech below.
  • And - surprise-surprise, loner finds a "Pow'" into pilot Makdier on 2d blitz. Ball lands in 2 ogrobot tacklezones. But (grumble-grumble!) 6 '2+' dodges, one of which was into 2 additional tacklezones, and a pickup is not a problem for a blodger blitzer. He falls on a snakeyed gfi after he's done with the hard part instead. Ha-ha! (I don't even want to think of him passing the turn right there before the gfi and my ogrobots getting those ones. Yikes!)
  • Another two of the Norn Irons is sent to sit it out under the bell sign, I surround the ball with 4 players - hitting 3d blocks, but not leaving a player for picking it up. (I think putting a pilot next to the other blodge blitzer was necessary still. If they managed to pick the ball up and pass it in to a 7 move guy - that would have been terrible. I could even defend myself from the replay putting specifically Sneaky Git pilot in the danger zone. But judges actually 'forgot' to bring red cards to the match, so it didn't matter who was doing the fouling in the end. Ha-ha!) Doing another gfi for picking the ball up for some reason seemed to me at the time like a bad idea.
  • The elf injures my sneaky git guy, and all of them dodge from under the ogrobots. On my turn 4, I hit some of the elves - even getting a 2d block on the blodger with a pilot (arrow) followed by 1d (pow). Should have tried to pick the ball up with ogrobot next to the ball - don't even know why I didn't at the end there.
  • Witch dodges out of potentially meeting the crowd position, the rest of the elves congregate towards the ball.
  • On t5, I got them surrounded. Then I did a silly thing by pushing a player onto the ball. Not even at the start of a turn - in the middle when some players have already taken their actions. Well, I hit some more elves - without much success (Do you see why I called this episode Hammering Iron? Because they decide to not get injuries, that's why). And turnover on a dodge with pilot, trying to go for the pickup.
  • Elves started the turn with a TRIPLE SKULL?! A light shone into my window. Oh yeah, they got rerolls for that, nevermind. Heh. They build a not wide 'screen' - only for witchelf to not make a pickup.
  • That puts me into position for some more elf-hitting action. And while I almost don't bonehead, this results only in 1 more KO. 3 Mechs are sitting on top of the ball with no owner, I fail the dodge with pilot again, getting KO'd myself. (didn't go for piling on the witch because I thought a player on the ball is more important, I might be wrong with this though).
  • Elves left picking the ball up to the loner - he didn't do it. But it's t7 and the ball is still on my side of the field, I should do something about it other than "using it as bait"
  • Well, I don't do anything to advance the ball - Somehow I find the thought of 50/50 picking with ogrobot now too scary when I got no rerolls.  :-( Only put pilot Makdier in the position to score if it somehow finds it's way into his hands. There's only 2 of my players on the ball now, and one of them is a snotpilot,
  • Naturally, I get punished for this indecision - witch with block blitzes the guy on the ball, loner picks up in one tacklezone, dodges out and passes (Curse you rules, that make passing with ag4 as easy as going a single gfi!) Catch is successful, and I got nothing to stop the ball from crossing my touchdown line next turn.
  • But before the ball is scored and the half is over, I hit a 2d block with pilot Makdier, finding a 'pow' - and a 3d blitz on the witch - finding arrows. 0-1 on the score after the first half.

• Weather has changed - it started raining. Pilots' boots make funny shlink sounds when they move.  2 beer babes help 3 out of 4 elves to get up, there's no dark elf under the 'big red plus'. I see the first failed elf dodge on t10 (reroll) and they didn't manage to handoff the ball too.
  • I couldn't really approach where it bounced to though - in the middle of 3 elves. But I surely shouldn't have fouled from the left of the elf, top wouldn't be leaving the road to blitz into Makdier. (he's KO'd)
  • On t12 elves move through the middle of the field, helped by 2 ogrobots boneheading the previous turn. But they use a reroll on gfi early in the turn, and don't manage to dodge to complete the cage.
  • From my side - I start the turn with a "blessed" pile on, bringing the player back from being KOd, and don't find pow or defender stumbles on 3d block when I so need it to blitz into the ballcarrying witch. The moment has passed, I use up my last reroll on gfi next to the witch and fail pilot dodge when all else has been done.(KO)
  • A blodger blitzelf only finds arrows in hitting a pilot - that means only making dodges for witchelf one roll longer (she does it easily) And now all my ogrobots but one are too far from the ball to participate in the fun.  (not like they would - I get 3 boneheads on t13)
  • And the ball is scored on t14. 0-2 on the score. And 2 remaining KOd elves get back to the field.
  • 3 turns to score 2 touchdowns?  Let's try! Especially since we got a 'move 1 square' event and the ball lands right on the nose of my pilot in the back. The rain is still pouring, so it slips out of his hands (it was a '2', he wouldn't have caught that one in the dryest desert) Elf-hitting as well as boneheading commences, and I finally foul and unlock the injury box for elves. (Fouling before picking the ball up, but you already know judge forgot the red card at home this time) I pick the ball up, and move the +movement Makdier on a line above LoS. While having the fouler even farther.
  • Elves blitz the farthest guy in their territory and put 2 guys on my ballcarrier.
  • I still do all the hits that non-boneheads (2 this time) allow before attempting for a throw oneturner on t15 - get '2' on handoff catch. Oh well.
  • Next turn elves try to pick the ball up in 3 tacklezones and under rain - unsuccessfully, scatter to a free elf - didn't catch too (!) scatter exactly back (!) and yeah, didn't catch.
  • And it's t16 now, with 0-2 - won't be winning this one for sure. At least witchelf was the third to get badly hurt, giving me SPPs I was so thirsty about.

So yeah, a little bit much of "elven agility", not a lot of "elven injuries" to my liking in our match. During the match I said that I would be upset if even the mvp would not land on an ogrobot - and yeah, snotpilot got the award. But I can live with it.

I think I did a lot right in this match, would probably even say that "I played better than I usually do". Didn't went for picking up the ball 2 times when it was least risky - but allright. I just hoped too much on their Dodgeless players to fail, it didn't happen. Lesson learnt. So I liked this match.

Edited by Nurdell

Quick midseason thoughts:

Surprisingly to me, there was not a single match in the first season - where I couldn't have won or tied from the back, if I played just a little bit differently (and maybe had just only +1 better roll on the last turn of the game).

One more thing. About 2-3 hours for writing a recap of a single game is a lot... In the future I might need to change how I approach it. I'll try writing a fluff-recap right after the match, with bare minimum under spoiler and then edit in the details of the game under spoiler if/when I feel like. I still got lots of free time and a good bit of what's called 'passion', but most of the time they don't intersect. Heh.

That means, Delta wing didn't have a game with disastrous rolls yet. Will I have it in the next season? Animators are working on the new episodes right now. Wait and you'll see... in the next season. Outro music plays with snotpilots walk, sit and enjoy each other's company on the background of stylized ogrobots.

• 2 months later...

It is midseason, teams are having a little break before the inevitable beatings, or sorry, games.. Why not bingewatch the long-awaited:

Season 2 of the snotventures.

Starting with: s02ep1

Ready for rematch?

As the base per-snot-el comes back from their vacations, sirens sound the alarm! They didn't put their names in contracts for lazy days.

And as the green team of orks comes closer, we notice colors of @Bambalachacha 's Goff Gougers. (Flashbacks to episode 3 of the first season). They want revenge for their defeat last time. The one team we fought before - and it's already in the first day!

Our flimsy fence falls, robots rev up ready. And the match on our home turf begins.

Spoiler

As it's a 'bingewrite', I'll not be including all the events.

Orks start in the attack - we get perfect defence. Troll fails the bonehead, and fails to break armor on mighty blow, block snot blitz! Orks get an injured player on my turn.

Orks set up a half-cage on the sideline in my side of the field. I can try to push the ballcarrier off the field by 3d red blitz. But I don't risk it. After all, on my turn I put a stand firm D-2 Invincible on the baller, and 2 snotpilots in contact as well. It would have been pretty good if the snotpilot wasn't injured off the field, but he did. And ballcarrier dodges, run 1 gfi, second in the endzone is a Trapwire (just how the match day was named!) not even reroll helps!

I try to go for the pickup - gfi fails too, ball jumps inside the field, to the advantage of Goff Gougers.

Orks surround one ogrobot close to the sideline, a snotpilot can't handle the pow sent towards him. And even before trying picking up the ball they foul - with +str, guard blitzer? Yeah, they brought a bribe to the game, but still, woah! Pickup ends with wasting reroll on '1,2'.

On watching the replay, I should have blitzed and thrown one ork 'to the auditory' - but I didn't.

The blitzer near the ball picks it up in ogrobot tacklezone, dodges and scores on turn 6. 0-1 on the scoreboard.

In the remaining 3 turns, I prepare an ogrobot to score the goal, or 2 snotpilots be thrown for a thrown teammate touchdown. Orks basically ignore the potentially scoring ogrobot. We clear the tackle guy on the enemy team off the field, pilot Makdier runs, shoots a '4+' short pass - successful! But the '4+' catch was not. Score remains a 0-1.

Unfortunately, D-6 Absolute doesn't leave the KO box, so we play second half in 5 ogrobots. But there's only 6 orks standing on the field too. Pile-on: excuse me, 5 orks.

On rewatching, I should have placed players better - there was a 'dodge and 1 gfi' blitz into the ballcarrier. But Goff Gougers don't take it. D-3 Brutalizer (the frenzy ogrobot) for my not fine standups gets a 'miss next game' repair notice from Troll. Forces are, uhm, getting even-er. with only 3 ogrobots left standing against 4 orks and a troll.

Once again, I should have put players differently - a black ork with block could have 'dodge, 1 gfi' blitzed into the ballcarrier. But they don't want to take risks.

A whole bunch of sloppy turns from me later, I have to pick with the break tackle ogrobot. Remaining orks take advantage of 2 our boneheads and make him fall down. picking the ball ends in '1,1' over the troll towards my team. On t16 I get the ogrobot into the endzone, pick the ball with my +move pilot Ghindoza and after a reroll, hand it over. 1-1. Shouldn't have been so close, had I played more safe!

What a crazy draw! With only 5 enemies, in second half I should have been taking the game, but it was my sloppy plays that almost cost me the draw. Well, always can learn from mistakes.

Edited by Nurdell

s02ep2

Projectile combat.

After narrowly avoiding loss in previous week, Delta wing's base is besieged once again, by @Borke's Wily Warranted Whatnots.

Technologically advanced goblins, not-so-tiny-compared-to-snot-size bastards - brought an artillery piece (mage) to our gates. And a grenadier with "friend or foe" protocol in his bombnades. :cybork:

You only need one statistic to know the match was fun - 3/4 intercepts successful... :huh:

But does the abnormal outcome of certain rolls help our heroes? Find out after the commercial break!

Who's that blood bowl plaer? It's... Varag Ghoul-chewer!

Spoiler

Ogrobots start in the attack once again. But gobbos have the 'cunningly shuffle your players' on the kickoff event.  It is not very effective - our stup on the los with 2+2 ogrobots covers all. I blitz into chainsaw goblin - get '1.1' on the dodge. No amount of breaking tackle helps against that. Uh-oh, a foul for them on a silver platter!

They assemble good old 4-assist foul with the chainsaw. It's 1,1 on the armor break! Minus one bribe, out of 3.

I shouldn't have gone and put 2 ogrobots by the chainsaw this turn... At least I manage to pick the ball up with +movement snotpilot.

On t4, when I cover ballcarrier in the protection of 3 pilots by the sideline, the first grenade is being tossed. It's an intercept on '6'! And immediately a failure of launching it back on '1'!  (mentioned above friend-foe system is working) 2 pilots hit the ground, but are not out. They blitz the ballcarrier and find Pow on the very last of the 6 rerolled block dices. Ball jumps straight into the hands of blitzing goblin. And he finds protection in-between his allies.

And so, turn 6 - ball is mostly safe in the goblin's hands ready to score; bomber throws the bomb way deep in his field at 2 ogrobots - Intercept! My long bomb pass is... mostly successful. (and they don't intercept) Bomb lands on the ballcarrier - no result! Dreaded friend-foe protocol works again!

I send bomber to the KO box, and fail the snot dodge to cover the ball up.

That means goblin can stall as much as his little black heart desires.  But he doesn't do that and makes a touchdown on t7.

Giving me a chance at oneturner and spending 2 additional bribes to keep his 'good ' players on the field for the rest of the match. I fail the landing in 1 tackle zone. Score is 0-1 at half-time.

On t10 I accidentally put 3 snotpilots close to an ogrobot in the back. Trebuchet! Is heard from afar, and the fireball lands on them - KOing 2 pilots, and sending the others to the "Plus" box for the rest of the game. That's minus agility on D-2 Invincible. See, it needs a direct hit from an artillery shot to damage an ogrobot! Emergency repair crew wasn't able to help, but Delta-2 is my 'fighting' robot. So he doesn't exactly need agility.

Guess what, it's still turn 10 - and despite there only being 3 ogrobots on the field of battle, we got a bomb intercept. 3 for 3, baby! This time ogrobot just chucks the bomb right at the enemy cage, knocking 3 gobbos down (but not breaking armor, friend-foe, grumble-grumble!) Ball is caught right away by the corner of the cage.

So yeah, despite my best efforts - goblins so far only got 1 injury and 2 expelled by the ref. Delta wing on the other hand, has 3 pilots and 3 ogrobots operational (And I don't know why I insist on putting a snotpilot next to troll now - probably to give him something to eat. No, it's so that he doesn't blitz with MB my mechs). And soon there's simply no snotpilots around, only 3 ogrobots. Goblins score on t16 for 0-2.

None of the three snotpilots gets up from the KO, and we can't do a oneturner with just one pilot left spare.

Edited by Nurdell