Bretstreet Boys

Ratamo

Prologue

Spoiler

After failing leaps, losing catchers and running out of ideas i had to stop playing kislevs. In the end i needed reset. My team needed reset. And for the first time in OCC, i played in Tier 6. I used to type stuff along with my seasons and mostly used memes to keep my sanity. Here is how it looked. his time, this season we are taking more serious race. And i chose Bretonnians. What i was thinking...

Anyway, on season 20 we start of our journey and i have set my mind that i will try keep some class in this blog and try theme this season properly. Will we continue playing after season is done and will we still write when season is over? Noone knows, but you have found just the right place to find out.

79776571.jpg

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

This is the new beginning for me. This time i play more seriously and more furiously. This time i try to take part (properly) in sidecompetitions. And this is what we start with.

Our leading stars are:

1 - A. J. McLean 0/6 - Blitzer

2 - Brian Littrell 0/6 - Blitzer

3 - Howie Dorough 0/6 - Blitzer

4 - Nick Carter 0/6 - Blitzer

In background we got:

5 - Backing Vocalist John 0/6 - Blocker

6 - Composer Jack 0/6 - Blocker

7 - Mixer Aaron 0/6 - Blocker

8 - Songwriter Alex 0/6 - Blocker

Latest but not the least we've got

9 - Roadie Jules 0/6 - Lineman

10 - Groupie Tom 0/6 - Lineman

11 - Barker Bert 0/6 - Lineman

Bret.jpg

Our band starts from very bottom, which is in this case Tier 6. Also we got ourselves mixed up in Division B. Luckily we got one dropout in higher tier, which meant we got rid of only experienced team there was in whole Tier 6. Dodged a bullet there, sent by one and only @Pidpad. But moving on.

We've got some different teams in our division. Let's take a look.

• :undead: Ikterus - Dead Deja BBC - Undead - -
  • :human: Whitehowler - Reiksguard Retirees - Human - -
  • :lizard: Synthric - Rippling Blues - Lizardman - -
  • :welf: cpervert - Jade Guardians - Wood Elf - -
  • :welf: Rydog - The Welf Being Society - Wood Elf - -
  • :necro: BrnLmx - OneLove - Necromantic - -
  • :delf: oldone_bb - Bham! - Dark Elf - -
  • :orc: Fuggernomics - Orks Are People Too.. - Orc - -
  • :orc: SoapyTheBum - Soda Jerkz - Orc -

When every team has joined and schedule is revealed i will make quick summary out of every team. Looking at these teams it is hard to say who will end up first, but as every team is fresh there might be chance for us bretonnians!

Crusader.png

Onwards! To glory!

ea87obhgkl321.jpg

We gather here to inspect our opponents and our schedule. Possibly to discuss gameplan and our expectations for the match. After the match we will reveal our stress levels and how it afflicted us.

Matchday 1, we face :welf: cpervert - Jade Guardians - Wood Elf - -

Boring Classic starting roster with 2 wardancers, 1 catcher and 2 rerolls. Woodies are nasty to play against and not something i wanted to face straight away. We need to stomp on their wardancers who are mostly defended by the grunts. As it is known, we must concentrate our power to monsters enemies who are protected by grunts.

Expectation: High intensity match, some pressure from us and we try outcas them. Aiming for victory.

Matchday 2, we face :delf: oldone_bb - Bham! - Dark Elf - -

Another elf team, but luckily they dont have much (attleast i hope they dont) dodge players. Pretty standart starting roster with 4 blitzers, 1 runner and 2 rerolls. Personally i wouldnt have started with runner, but that's just me.  Also no assassins, so no fun factor. Again we must give some love to them with our boots.

Expectation: Flawless victory. We will give them decisive pummelling! 

Matchday 3, we face :norse: DreamlandGaming - Gogglebox Gods - Norse - -

Waait a second. There wasnt norse team at first. But as we flip trough our journals we figure that they are here to replace that Undead team. Our Crusade for the living grows shorter. They start out with Yeti, 2 runners, 2 berserkers and 3 rerolls. They dont have ulf's so they don't have that big strenght advantage from us and hopefully our fenders can maintain distance from their Yeti. We need to outnumber them, before they outnumber us.

Expectation: Heavy casualties and hopefully from their end. We expect to get victory from here.

Matchday 4, we face :flings: frick you - Terrifically Terrible - Halfling -

Hoool up! There werent halflings either.. As they have replaced necromantics team our crusade for the living shall be postponed to next season. They have 12 player roster, 2 rerolls and 2 trees. I hope they spend most of their bank before our match, so they can't powerinduce us. They are weak and fragile, so we must find tackle before we face them.

Expectation: Another abomination cleansed from our lands. We will triumph, we will conquer, we will try keep casualties low as possible.

Matchday 5, we face :human: Whitehowler - Reiksguard Retirees - Human - -

Humans. Clearly we are bretter than them. Some coach once asked me in CCL as i was playing humans "why are you playing boring bretonnians?". Truth. 2 catchers, 4 blitzers, ogre and thrower combined with 3 rerolls. Which isnt surprising, humies start allways like that. BOOOOORING. Hard to say how they develop, so i wont be making expectations anymore.

Expectation: -

Matchday 6, we face :orc: SoapyTheBum - Soda Jerkz - Orc -

Orcs without thrower. 4 blorcs, 4 blitzers and 3 rerolls. Interesting set-up, but attleast everyone is AV9. Maybe they will purchase it later on season and as we face them on matchday 6 im most certain they will have it then. We gotta practice our dauntless attacks and make sure their black orcs are pinned.

Matchday 7, we face :lizard: Synthric - Rippling Blues - Lizardman - -

Standart 6 sauris, kroxigor and 2 reroll build.  Only nuffle knows how well or how badly they have developed on this point. Hopefully their skinks have hogged most of the MVP's, while Sauris are desperate for block. We should have tackle at this point so we will hunt their skinks. Back to the pit!

Matchday 8, we face :orc: Fuggernomics - Orks Are People Too.. - Orc - -

Another Orc team. So we get 3 powerfull team in row, what i nice schedule we have. They start with Troll, Thrower, 4 black orcs, 4 blitzers and 2 rerolls. That's quite positional heavy roster, which most likely will mean "free blocks" from line of scrimmage are hard to find. But with Troll they are missing goblin for fun fouling and/or oneturner attempt. But as it's cheap player they should be able to get one if they want it.

Matchday 9, we face :welf: Rydog - The Welf Being Society - Wood Elf - -

Last but not least we get woodies again. We start our season with woodies and end our season with woodies. They have exactly same roster than our matchday 1 opponent. Meaning 2 wardancers, catcher and 2 rerolls. Depending on schedule they can take quite beating before our game, but that's not something im depending on.

We've got some nice matches ahead of us. Time will show will our expectations match the reality.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

On our very first match we faced wood elves. We had gameplan in mind, which was outcassing them and fouling them. And if possible we should foul their wardancers. They won coin tossing and decided to kick the ball to us.

Packs laden with loot are often low on supplies.

They got some rerolls from kick-off, while we got nothing. Once again Narrator were right.

We broke their armour, but couldnt get anything else than stuns. We fouled them, got stun and from another foul we got ourselves another stun and sending off. We were doing most of the punches, but still had less players on the field. If this carries on our expedition will be total failure.

But we pressed on. Elves pressured us, we moved the ball, elves pressured us more. They had chance to take ballcarrier down, but didn't manage to do that. We moved ball again and had hard choice in front of us. Foul wardancer or form proper screening? If we foul they can get 1d with blockless lino, which isnt that dangerous. So we fouled, only to fail breaking armour and leaving ballcarrier next to their wardancer. So elves took 2d and with help of reroll they managed to sack the ball. Luckily scatter helped us and they couldnt steal it from us. We surfed their catcher and wardancer and got casualty and KO as: A handsome reward for a task well performed.

We struggled bit, but somehow managed to score on T8. They had their catcher and lineman on casualty box. We had 1 peasant sent off. They had 0 on KO box as 2/2 woke up and we got 1 in KO box as our blocker refused to wake up. We set up to defend oneturner, only to get riot event which meant both teams earned one extra turn.

Screen_Shot_2015-02-03_at_4.30.23_PM.0.0

They pushed, we defended as well as we could, but it was in hands of Nuffle as we just couldnt base everyone of their team. So elves would need 2+ pass 2+ catch and 2+ handoff to even the score. But luckily for us they were out of rerolls and Nuffle didnt stand for elfbs.

Our valiant blocker woke up from KO. 10v9! We have advantage!

Elves couldnt break our spirit (nor armour), so our paranoidness had lifted. We managed to find pow on their wardancer, but couldnt break it's armour. So we tried fouling.

unknown.png?width=1246&height=701

Confidence surges as the enemy crumbles!

Sadly our Barker Bert were sent off, but some could say that it were good trade. Elves lost their fighting spirit, but we didn't give them easy time. We managed to inflict Niggling Injury on another wardancer and thus allmost destroyed their team.

It felt that for the rest of the game they just rolled ones. We didn't roll ones. We stole the ball once and we stole the ball second time. Elves couldn't fight back as they were enchanted by our song we had made them in smack talk.

We won 3-0 and took first place for now. Without dicing this could have been total different game.

Room by room, hall by hall, we reclaim what is ours.

Howie Dorough got himself solid 6 SPP from this match and learned Dodge.

No other level ups.

Rolled 5 on the money so we will most likely recruit apotechary.

Next challenge is against dark elves, who havent played their game yet. What will future bring us?

On 3/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, Nurdell said:

Is that an allusion of "I have to work hard, sometimes with hard setbacks, but persistence wil prevail" of Getting Over It?

It depends much on Nuffles plan for us. There will be casualties, there will be blood, will there be victory?

72-724483_wallpapers-for-desktop-darkest

We went trough our second quest. This time we faced dark elves, who had won their first game like we did. How did it go? Not perfectly, but not total failure either. We took bit too much stress damage from this journey.

They won the fans and won the coin tossing. They kicked the ball for us. We managed to break some armour from line of scrimmage, they managed to KO our player next turn. We fouled their player to KO box right after. We made some removals, some armour breaks and advanced slowly with the ball. We planned few fouls, but either we failed to down opponent we intented to foul or that player got themselves stunned allready. As latter happened halfway trough our drive i made first mistake on this game. I moved Roadie Jules towards our foul target and decided to not foul, but instead wanted to make elf harder time to dodge away, which involved GFI. Failure, not rerolled. If we would have moved here at first we wouldnt have needed that GFI. Armour break, death.

Another life wasted in the pursuit of glory and gold.

We continued our journey towards their endzone. We pushed from right, we swapped to left, we continued on middle, but we couldnt escape from elves. They managed to get themselves in front of us making our journey harder.

Without tools of iron, you must rely on flesh and indefatigable purpose

But we carried on and were forced to dodge and make 2 gfi's to score on turn 8. Dodge skill helped to save reroll which we didnt need in the end. 1-0!

Elves made vanitypass and couldnt get anything else than downs from line of scrimmage. Second half started with 9v8 as KO's from either side refusing to wake up. We have man advantage!

Second half started with rock against Backing Vocalist John, who luckily suffered only stun! Elves stunned another our blockers from line of scrimmage. They made some screens and picked the ball, which had landed next to sideline. We pressured the ball, but as their ballcarrier has dodge and they are elves they are hard to pin down. They scored rather quickly with minor risk involved, but nuffle allowed it.

Spoiler

Instead of making 2+ dodge (with skill) and double GFI, they made 1d block (pow), ran on TD line to wait for pass. Then their ballcarrier made 2+ dodge, 2+ pass and 2+ catch to make TD. Also that pow KO'd our blitzer, which is allways infuriating if it happens on 1d.

Game was 1-1. We've got 5 turns to grind ourselves into 2-1 victory! Shouldn't be hard! Elves kick were shallow and Nuffle granted elves only kick-off event that could ruin our game. Blitz.

Darkest-Dungeon-screenshot-with-fearful-

Elves managed to get under the ball with their runner and catched the ball. We got ball down with 1d with cost of our last reroll. But scatter happened straight on line-elfs hands who couldnt fail catching the ball. Elves ran away with the ball and scored another one in 2 turns, making game 2-1 in their favour. But we still have 3 turns to make it 2-2, so it isnt that bad.

Blitz.

The mind cannot hope to withstand such an assault.

This time their kick landed closer to our blitzer, meaning they couldnt catch the ball that easily. In theory attleast. As they pushed towards us they had to make one GFI, which was crucial. They were out of rerolls (as were we) and couldnt reroll it. This meant they had pushed their players towards our half and we could move the ball quickly towards their side. We catched the ball from kick-off and handed it to Howie Dorough who had made our earlier touchdown also. We made some loose screenings hoping that elves couldn't reach us, but as they are elves they obvously could, but attleast they couldnt get blitz on our ball. As there was Groupie Tom in their way. He were quickly removed and suffered death for his heroism.

This is no place for the weak, or the foolhardy.

Elves based our ball with 2 players, meaning there is some risk in our touchdown attempt also. So our valiant players ran to help Howie, who blitzed elf who was basing him. Only dodge (with skill) to make game 2-2. Which we managed to do even without proccing dodge skill. 2-2 on T15!

Elves tried making some vanitypassing, but couldnt do it this time. We made T16 foul as we are taking part in our Tiers Dirty Git competition, but couldnt get anything else than stun from our troubles. Game ended 2-2, which was worse than i had planned in advance, but decent outcome nevertheless.

We suffered 2 casualties, which both were deaths. Apotechary was left unused.

MVP landed to Groupie Tom, who obviously werent valuable enough to use apotechary.

Howie Dorough got himself 6 SPP and is 12/16 at the moment.

Songwriter Alex got himself 2 SPP and is 4/6 at the moment.

We rolled 1 on money, but it is enough for new crewmember. Now we just need to decide what we need. (Peasant obviously, but his role in our team is question)

On matchday 3 we will face Norse who has lost both their previous games. Also they are lacking manpower as they have faced enourmous amount of casualties. This should be winnable match for us and hopefully we can feed few SPP for our other blitzers aswell.

Finally it is complete! This is something that @Rymdkejsaren gave me inspiration in.

Most will end up here, covered in the poisoned earth, awaiting merciful oblivion.

Peasantyardfinallycomplete

I will (try) keep this updated as our journey carries on.

On brighter side our squad was reinforced with Bouncer Stan  0/6 - Lineman, but we still have only 10 players at the moment. But we will endure this challenge!

Matchday 3 and with it our third quest is behind us. We faced brigands, whom call themselves norse. Their team had taken quite some beating allready in their 2 earlier games and we wouldn't be gentle to them either. Or would we?

They were lower on team value (80k), so they induced Boomer. Which was quite unexpected. Personally i would have waited for Bribe to happen, but alas they had different plan.

We won the coin tossing and chose to receive. We even won both sides of stadium so we got ourselves 2+ fame! They fielded boomer and we had brilliant plan to break their armour and thin their numbers. We smacked them, we crushed them, we broke them. But we only got some stuns.

maxresdefault.jpg

We had masterfull plan to make some vanity pass with our Composer Jack so he could level up. Unfortunatetly we couldnt pick the ball up, which led to turnover. Also this meant that Norse could push trough our badly formed lines and managed to base the ball with 2 players. But we didn't care, we smacked one away and managed to pick the ball and run to safety. Norse pressured us, but we didn't budge. Nick Carter hit their runner with his iron fist and we got first removal of the game. MNG, apotechary were called but he only could make it worse.

Dispatch this thug in brutal fashion, that all may hear of your arrival!

We switched side, Norse followed. They managed to base our ballcarrier (with blodge) with 2 players so we calmly handed ball to Nick Carter. So we switched side again and formed somesort of loosecage-likething. Norse tried chase us, but they couldn't keep up. We tried doing some fouling business, but 1+1 on injury dice wasnt helping us. We stalled for one turn which allmost backfired bit as we didn't  remember to count squares. Norse had chance to make 1d block (with dodge and GFI's included) but they couldnt make it. We scored on T8 like was expected.

2/2 their KO's woke up. Boomer was sent off. Weather changed from nice to nice. They have 11 players vs our 10. Which means they get free blocks now and free blocks again on second drive. Now our armour needs to hold! So they blocked us, they stunned us and they fouled us. Foul was only thing that removed player, but not the player our opponent wanted to remove..

Second half started with 10v10. Few blocks later it was 10v9. They fumbled picking the ball up, so we pushed to their side. If we would have rolled anything else than dubskull on our only block we could have made some riskier moves. But we needed to settle and we based the ball with 2 players. They blocked us, KO'd another one of us and picked the ball up. We had solid plan to base the ballcarrier, but as we didnt find pows we couldnt do it. As they moved their ball forward they encountered problem. They needed to make dodge to form cage. They couldn't hack the dodge, so we got ourselves free 2d on ball! But we couldnt hack it, so their ballcarrier were just pushed. They tried break trough with 1d on ballcarrier, but only got bothdown against our blitzer. We couldn't find 2d on ball, so we settled for 1d surf against the ballcarrier which we succeeded in! Ball scatter was bad as it landed 4 squares from our endzone, but as we managed to dodge towards the ball and made somekind of screen we thought we could secure it next turn.

ED7SZsxXsAA8Wjz.jpg

They failed GFI so we had even better chance! We picked the ball up and handed it to A. J. McLean who used his catch skill to not fumble the ball. We ran ball on their half, but if they could make dodge they could try make 2d against it. Luckily they are no elves, so they couldnt make it! So we moved the ball further knowing that they can't stop us anymore. We scored on T15, leaving 1 turn for us to make classic T16 foul so we could extend our lead in Dirty Git competition.

Game ended 2-0 in our favour!

Driving out corruption is an endless battle, but one that must be fought.

We rolled 6 on money and with 2+ fame we got massive 100k! MVP landed on Composer Jack.

Composer Jack level up thanks to MVP and learned Guard.

Nick Carter leveled up thanks to his touchdown and learned Dodge.

Promoter Tom 0/6 - Lineman was hired.

We have now 11 players in our roster again! Next match is against halflings. That should be winnable match, but we must proceed cautiously.

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Matchday 4 and we met something really small and fragile. Team of Halflings. We should be able to inflict damage to them and manage to win this game, but as we know we needed to proceed with caution. Our opponent induced Halfling Master Chef and Deeproot Strongbranch.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's hella ugly master chef and she stole one reroll from us in first half. Luckily we got ourselves 2+ fame! They won coin tossing and chose to receive which wasnt something i wanted to see. But we got ourselves perfect defence, which meant we could do some things, but still couldnt avoid hits from their trees. They punched our linemen, but couldnt break them. They couldnt pick the ball up, so we launched aggressive attack and based the ball with one of our player and based many flings in process! Flings couldnt bash us and as their 1d block resulted bothdown into skull we got our chance to steal the ball! But we need to cut down tree first. Which turned out to be big problem.

Nature herself - a victim to this spreading corruption: malformed with misintent.

After few attempts we managed to down their tree and picked the ball up. We could move one square away from their downed tree if we take GFI. Or we could do risky vanity pass in the hands of Howie Dorough. 3+ is safer than 2+, as one norse coach once said to me in CCL and we did it. A. J. McLean leveled up. Ball wasnt safe, but attleast flings would need to do some dodges to get 2d on the ball. But as they made 1d pow and then proceeded to make 2d block on my ball, i wasnt holding my breath. I made mistake on that pass, should have made GFI instead. But somehow Howie Dorough were left standing. Blodge works.

1526561885539.jpg

So we managed to keep ball in our hands and after managing to knock down their tree once again (and stay down this time!) we made minor chainpush so we could make only 1 dodge to safety. We could have scored early, but we decided to play it safe and stalled. Nothing significant happened anymore. Our armour was fantastic as they couldn't break our armour. AV7 is strongest of them all. We scored on T8 and next would be our attacking half!

Their chef stole 2 of our rerolls, meaning we had 0 rerolls for the second half. Their kick was touchback so we didnt have to worry about failing pickup. Thought we made vanity pass once again (cause it isnt greedy if it works). We decided to try move it slowly, hoping their trees would root this time. We decided to send few players on our left side as our bountied target was hanging in there. They couldnt find stumble or pow on our Lineman Promoter Tom and took bothdown with tree. No armour breaks. Tom retaliated quickly and found pow on our bountied target.

unknown.png?width=1246&height=701

It is not something i am proud of. Bountied a fling. Shame on me. But we got the bounty, we took the lead in bounty hunter competition.

Their trees rooted so they tried use one fling as missile, but it was miss. Fling landed next to 2 of our players, but managed to land. Alot of dodges, few GFI's later they made 2d block on our ballcarrier. Doublepow. Panic.

Cornered! Trapped! And forced to fight on...

Luckily they had used their reroll to get there, so they couldnt pick up the ball, we managed to secure the ball once more and ran towards other side. After we rolled doubleskull on block and realized we hadnt made proper screens yet i realized we had moved too hastily. But they didn't have easy options, how they could get proper block on the ball?

5+ dodge, double gfi on 3d block obviously. It cost them reroll (on the block) and still they couldnt find pow. Blodge is strong! We will win this game! Nick Carter ran towards their endzone and we knew they couldn't stop us.

Flings decided to try find pows now and they made it against Howie Dorough who had just inflicted casualty on one of their fling. Armour break, casualty. Death.

And now the true test... hold fast, or expire?

Apotechary were called, could he save this poor soul? In a way, but it will take time to heal. Howie will miss our next game.

Death cannot be escaped! But it can be postponed.

We scored on T16 making score 2-0. Even with oneturner they cant beat us. And as they couldn't make it we won the game with solid 2-0. We rolled 5 on money! Promoter Tom earned MVP.

Howie Dorough (MNG) leveled up thanks to casualty and touchdown made. He decided to become our leader.

A. J. McLean leveled up thanks to his vanity pass and learned Dodge.

Promoter Tom (MNG) leveled up thanks to casualty and MVP. He is now dedicated Dirty Player.

Bouncer Stan (MNG)

Driver Sam was recruited, now we can drive into away matches! Next up is humans who have suffered some casualties as they dont have all their blitzers in roster. We will have 2 loners in our match and we will earn (most likely) 90k in inducements. Which means we will most likely go with Bribe. Their roster in spoiler below.

Spoiler

Hummes.png

2 hours ago, Nurdell said:

Revel in your leadering of the bounty hunter competition - for now.

We'll get you next time, next match, next team.

I am counting on that! Without proper competition winning won't feel that great!

On our matchday 5 we met our "normal" brethrens. Brigands, Bandits, Humans. This is match we need to win to regain top position in our division. Howie Dorough were MNG and Promoter Tom were MNG, which meant we had 2 loners in this match and we were missing Leader. But attleast we were down in team value for 80k, so we induced bribe. We barely won the fans also, which means we can't let them down! So we won the coin tossing and chose to receive, our brilliant plan has begun!

Brigand.webp

Blitz.

Confusion, nerves, and panic!

So they launched attack and managed to break our armour. Luckily ball were kicked bit too deep so they couldn't threaten it. We punched them and picked the ball up succesfully. They punched us, broke our armour again and again and again. For few first turns every punch they made broke our armour. We managed to surf their catcher so we took man advantange early. Still our armour were more like paper, so it were broken constantly. Did we forget to bring our armour on field?

darkheader.jpg

Humies pushed too greedily towards us and left their rightern side totally open, so we pushed to their side. We formed cage and made some screens decided to foul their other catcher instead of making screens and didn't receive anything from it. Attleast we had some protection so we are relatively safe, but as our armour weren't holding at all they punched us and we were left stunned on the ground. A. J. McLean were KO'd in process and bandits were closing in. We didn't have enough players to form cage anymore and time is running short.

Luckily those brigands werent agile like us, so they couldn't dodge well so we had chance to secure the score. One missplacement on my behalf allmost cost our touchdown, but as blodge is strong and finding pow on 1d is unlikely our opponent pushed us to their touchdownline on turn 7. Nick Carter makes game 1-0 !

This meant that our opponents have 2 turns to make equalizer. We must hold their attack! High Kick and they catch it, this isnt helping us. They handed the ball to their catcher, who managed catch it thanks to their catch skill. Then they pushed from our leftern flank. We made columns and managed to make decent screen but missplaced one blocker. Now they need 2d block him down and then blitz another player to make their scoring doable. Both blocks succeeded, second block allmost failed thanks to doubleskulls. They dodged twice and made 2 GFI's and game were 1-1. Bollocks.

Second half started with A. J. McLean finally waking up from KO, while their catcher who we surfed early on were still napping. Their half, we have man advantage. We even received free reroll thanks to our brilliant coaching.

They punched us and instantly KO'd one of our lineman from line of scrimmage. 10vs10. They fumbled picking the ball up on midfield and they burned one reroll for same result. So we got chance to launch attack.

Their formation is broken - maintain the offensive

We punched them and got stun from our magnificent blitz. We based the ball and decided to go for greedy 4+ pickup and as it failed i was stupid enough to try reroll it without success. So we began all out brawl on midfield, both sides trying to secure the ball. They got the ball, we sacked the ball. We got the ball, they found pows on our ball. They fumbled picking up many times, we failed to down them. It was pure chaos and mayhem. In the end our dodging skill was key element of this brawl. Nick Carter managed to catch scattering ball and his dodge skill kept him standing.

Many fall in the face of chaos; but not this one, not today.

We dodged away and made once again bad screens. Difference with one blitzer missing is huge, but we prevailed. On their T15 they managed to get 1d on our ball, but dodge skill helped once again! So they pushed our ballcarrier to their endzone again making game 2-1! Man of the hour Nick Carter!

They didn't attempt 1-turn touchdown, so we our victory was confirmed. We blocked their lineman and made T16 foul, but once again nothing came from that. Our bribe were left unused.

MVP landed on Mixer Aaron. We rolled 2 on money and rerolled it into 5. So we bought one cheerleader which we fired instantly. We have 150k now in our bank.

If only treasure could staunch the flow of otherworldly corruption...

Nick Carter leveled up thanks to his double touchdown. He learned Sidestep Tackle.

Mixer Aaron is 5/6 SPP thanks to MVP.

Howie Dorough spent week drinking in tavern and is ready for our next quest.

Promoter Tom spent week in tavern, doing unspeakable things in brothel. He formed Deviant Taste and isn't allowed to visit Brothel anymore.

Every member of our team is ready and in shape for our next match. This is first match on this season where we have our Dirty Player and 1 extra player on bench. But as next match is against Orcs who will face halflings on matchday 5. Hopefully that match wont awaken their bloodlust, as we don't want that to happen. What will happen and where will our quest take us?

On our matchday 6 we met greenskinks. We need to put end for their WAAAAGH and turn it into AAAAAAGH! We were up 40k in team value, but these beasts don't need babes on their side. So our 12 player rosters would clash on the field without any inducuments to help us. It's match of blood, sweat and tears. We won coin tossing and fans thanks to our fan factor, so once again fans are rooting for us. So we decided to receive the ball so we could get free punches towards them. Reroll were gained thanks to our brilliant coaching.

This expedition, at least, promises success.

Ball landed in hands of Nick Carter who catched it. No vanity passing then. So we punched them on line of scrimmage without anything big coming out of it. We moved ball to left side and Orcs followed. Next turn Brian Littrell managed to remove first player out of the field early half, meaning we get man advantage and their blitzer is badly hurt for the remaining of game. So we moved ball back and switched side once again. Aim of our wiggle was get them overextended and breaking their formation. It happened eventually meaning we handed the ball in hands of Brian Littrell who ran towards their half. Orcs managed to base the ball with one their blitzer, but pushing him away were no issue for us. So we bit greedily scored on turn 5 as we were aiming to steal the ball and end half 2-0.

A handsome reward for a task well performed.

We set our team and they set their team, only so we could receive perfect defence. Ball scattered near line of scrimmage so we were hoping scatter would drop on line where they couldnt secure it easily. Scatter wasnt helping us unfortunatetly so Orcs could form their cage. Our plan to make 2-0 before second half seemed bit too hard now. Orcs got the ball and formed cagelike formation, but as they failed GFI for last corner it meant we could get 1d block on the ball. Are we going for it greedily? Yes.

So we launched attack and found stumble from 1d block. Ball scattter was decent as it landed between both teams, now we should move cautiously and wait for opportunity try pickup the ball (+5) and we could even try hand it to our another blitzer on other side of pitch, but even with reroll we couldnt make it. Scatter landed in hands of Composer Jack who was free of tacklezones and he managed to catch it. But referee said it's turnover anyway.

Orcs made some blocks and managed to sack our ballcarrier. Luckily they rolled twice doubleset of bothdowns with their black orc which meant they got turnover too! Ball was free and we were running out of time. So we send Howie Dorough as scoring threat and tried securing the ball. We needed few blocks but got doubleskulls from one of those which meant our ball picking up failure ended up our turn. Orcs tried getting closer to the ball and had to pull their only scoring threat away, but couldnt make proper cage around the ball which was laying on the ground. So they based Howie and now we would need to roll quite lot dice to make the score. So we punched them and picked the ball up. Long pass over orcs, catch, dodge and GFI remaining. And they intercepted it!

This skirmish may be lost, but the battle may yet be won.

They had no scoring threat anymore and nothing significant happened on their turn 8 we move on to second half. 3/3 our KO's woke up and game was 11 vs 11 again! We set up, they set up and fans threw rock. Luckily they aimed it on orcs and KO'd that poor fella! Ball scattered of lineorcs hands who purposely fumbled it on our side of pitch. Referee didn't notice their ploy and called it as touchback.

So orcs got the ball in their hands for free and they pushed forward. We made some columns, but first we decided to foul RC our bountied target with success! Or minor success as we got only KO from it. But we maintain our man advantage. Orcs moved their cage forward and we breached their cage. They pushed us and couldn't find pow on blodge which meant their ballcarrier is in danger, but managed to injure Backing Vocalist John with 1d block. On our turn we launched attack on their ballcarrier and managed once again to sack the ball which scattered towards us! So we blocked again and secured the ball and ran towards our own half. Orcs followed up and tried to chase the ball, but once again blodge kept us safe. We sent scoring threat on our left flank and orcs moved there and began all out brawl on middle. Brian Littrell were standing on right side and we realized he was out in the open meaning we could hand him the ball. That guy is such kleptomaniac with all the SPP he has stolen this game allready.

5qajdwod46o01.jpg

So we handed him the ball and ran towards their half. We made some screens on the way and it was clear that Orcs couldn't reach us anymore. We scored 2-0 on turn 15, just so we could get T16 foul or in case of Riot we could possibly go for 3-0 victory.

Pitch invasion came and stunned most of the orcs, but as they couldnt make score anyway so it didn't matter that much. We obviously decided to try foul our bountied target without success. Meaning game ended 2-0 in our favour and we still continue undefeated.

Be wary - triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall...

We rolled 3 on money, which we rerolled into 6. So we bought first Stadium upgradge. MVP landed to Promoter Tom, which was worst possible target for MVP.

Brian Littrell leveled up thanks to 2x touchdown + casualty. He learned Dodge.

Promoter Tom is 12/16 thanks to MVP

Next match might be deciding match of this division. We face lizards who at the moment are 5-0-0 before their matchday 6 match is played. They have luckily (for us) lost quite many sauris and if they wont lose any on their next match they should have 5 sauris against us. In case of victory we have chance to end their streak and for the first time remain top of the division till the end of matchday.

• 2 weeks later...

Matchday 7 and we went fishing. We faced undefeated lizards and as we were also undefeated it means battle for first place. They had bought 5th saurus and apotechary alongside it. We were up 60k in team value and they had 0 cash in their bank so we greedily bought cheerleader and assistant coach for our support. They can't induce anything else than babe and that they induced. They won fans and we won coin tossing and chose to receive.

Weather turned from nice to nice. This resulted touchback and ball was given to Mixer Aaron who could make vanity pass to level up. Our dauntless efforts to hit them on line of scrimmage failed and we pushed them. Then we pushed their loner skink twice and realized this isn't how we should play. We managed to KO that skink on third attempt (and first block which actually downed him) and took man advantage early. As lizards came next to us we had chance to knock them down, but once again our dauntless efforts failed. So we took red dice against them and weren't punished from it.

Finally after 3 attempts to dauntlessly trying to block them we managed to hit them. We broke one of their armour, we broke another sauris armour and KO'd that poor fella.

Continue the onslaught! Destroy. Them. All.

Apotechary ran to the field and waved some smell salts on top of their Saurus. KO had turned into stun. So Promoter Tom ran towards third saurus and fouled that one into KO. Have at it!

268-2683450_pelagic-grouper-darkest-dung

We had 3 stunned sauris now and 2 players advantage. We pushed to their half and they tried keeping up with us. They managed to base the ball and took chance with 1d block against him later on but against blodge their attempts gave them nothing. We surfed their sure-feeted sprinter and crowd made him badly hurt and fouled their saurus once again. This time with only stun. But as we greedily had rerolled another failed dauntless roll and rolled doubleskulls against their skink it means they would need few GFI's to get another 1d shot on ball. They were out of rerolls and as they rolled 1 another skink hurted itself badly. This time it was their sidesteppers turn. This led to another surf and their second sprinter, but this time crowd didn't cause any damage. We scored on turn 8 and with them having few KO's and down 2 skinks (attleast) we were certain they couldnt make 1-turner.

Both their KO's woke up and they setted up for 1 turner. Blitz event happened, not best time to get it but we accepted it. We moved our players and accidentally made one mistake which meant they get free block against our Composer Jack. They managed to find some pushes, but with our defensive setup they couldn't make that one last block they would have needed. They grew frustrated and downed Bouncer Stan. Armour broke. Casualty happened. Death came.

More blood soaks the soil, feeding the evil therein.

Second half started. 9 lizards vs 11 bretonnians. 1-0 in favour of Bretonnians. Quick Snap.

First block on line of scrimmage broke Driver Sam's armour. Permanently. He is good as dead now. Other linemen on line of scrimmage got themselves stunned. So we set up some columns and waited for opportunity. We waited and fouled their sauri once again and got stun out of it. They moved towards us and now we had chance to attack their cage. We couldn't down their cage edge as we only got 2 times bothdown and bit too greedily sent Nick Carter behind their cage to base skink. That's something i shouldnt have done. They attacked and badly hurted Backing Vocalist John with their Kroxigor then they sprinted with their skink next to our touchdown line. Dodge and 2 gfi's later we had 2d attempt on the ball but only received doublepushes. GFI had stolen one reroll from us, so we needed to accept our situtation. I thought should i push them to touchdown and get 4 turns to equalize, but i wanted there to be some risk and not free touchdown.

So all they need is 3+ dodge to score. Yet they wanted to punch us before it. It cost them one reroll and yet they carried on. After loner skink failed a dodge it meant we had free 2d attempt on the ball now. Push & Skull, rerolled it and found pow! Now we would need to move our players closer to ball as we couldnt secure it yet. But we snaked dodge and ball was still free, laying on our touchdown line behind Howie Dorough. They made 2d against him, but dodge skill kept us still standing. Few blocks later we had opportunity to not use wrestle against their rookie saurus and we took it. Sauri received KO.

Carelessness will find no clemency in this place!

We made dauntlessly 1d block with Howie Dorough and picked the ball up. Their tackle saurus is based, all of their sauris are based. But their Kroxigor wasnt based and he rushed towards Howie. Pow. Scatter away from our players into tackle-free square.They dodged and picked the ball up and ran to make equalizer on turn 15. We had them on ropes, but yet failed to execute. But we still have 2 turns to equalize and 1 reroll left.

?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Their KO woke up. 9 vs 9. Quick Snap and we get our blitzer under the ball. But we couldn't catch the ball, neither did Promoter Tom and ball stayed on our half. We blocked their loner skink on line of scrimmage and with second attempt we managed to down it. Then we sent players to their half. We had total 5 different scoring threats now on their half. We used our last reroll on turn 15 to pick the ball up, but attleast it's in our hands now.

They based all our scoring threats and managed to base our ballcarrier with their Kroxigor. Now the real struggle began. How we should proceed and who would be the lucky player to receive the ball? So we started off with 2d block on their Kroxigor and managed to down him. A. J. McLean dodged away from skink who based him and dauntlessly attacked one of their sauris. We couldn't down him, but we managed to get push and it could be just enough. And so the ball were handed to Nick Carter and he suprised everyone on stadium. He managed to catch the ball and ran to make winning touchdown on turn 16.

Game ended 2-1 for us and we secured our first place for this matchday! We have 1 point lead on leaderboards, but will it be enough? MVP landed to Howie Dorough. Rolled 1 on money and rerolled it into 6.

Howie Dorough earned 8 SPP and is 25/31

Nick Carter earned 5 SPP and is 20/31

Mixer Aaron earned 1 SPP and leveled up. He learned Guard.

Bouncer Stan was killed during match.

Driver Sam suffered -AV and decided to retire.

Manager Jules was recruited along with Masseur Albert.

Next match is against Orc team. We are up 70k in team value at the moment. They have some mighty blow on their team, but cocaine is something artists are used to. It will be another tight game, especially as they have allready played their matchday 7 match and received no bigger casualties from it. They also have inflicted most casualties in our division, so we really need to minimize their attacks.

Matchday 8 we took another quest against greenskins. Another Orc team standing in our way, trying to deny our victory! We shan't let them prey on weak no more. They aren't undead, but we will purge them anyway.

aed

We were up in TV so they bought Ugroth Bolgroth as inducement. Bolg move you could say. We won fans and they won coin tossing and chose to receive. Weather was nice, possibly even too nice and it turned even nicer. Our valiant line of scrimmage fodders survived heavy blows and kept their armour intact. Our first block KO'd black orc blocker from their side and we took numerical advantage on field. Our opponent attacked us fiercely, but couldn't break our spirit. Our second block landed against their black orc and it resulted in his death.

Obliterated!

They called for apotechary, who managed to stitch that player somehow but he would miss next game regardless. We fouled one of their black orcs next turn and KO'd that one too! 3 huge removals in 3 first turns. We will stomp them to where they belong! Sadly Manager Jules were badly hurted by their mean Mighty Blow blitzer, but with 2 players more on pitch we could accept that. Orcs had tried switching sides, but as our armour had held suprisingly well and their numbers were weakened they didn't have many good options. That is why we managed to roll some dice and made 2d block against their ballcarrier and greedily rerolled it to find pow. Ball scattered next to Nick Carter, but as he had allready moved we couldnt pick it up. Orcs managed to chainpush our downed peasant on the ball and managed to pick the ball up, but couldn't locate safe spot for it. We sacked the ball, but failed to pick it up and reroll didn't help in that manner. Orcs made some dodges and failed to pickup the ball from tacklezone. Ball was still free, so we attempted picking it up and thanks to our last reroll we managed to finally pick it up! It took just 2 catch attempts and 4 pickup attempts, but A. J. McLean had the ball in his hands! Orcs made again some dodging and got 2d on the ball, but blodge was too strong this time! We badly hurted their Thrower, but couldn't form proper cage, but made some bad elfscreens. Orcs managed to get 2 players standing infront of our ballcarrier and forced us to roll some dice, but we didn't find doubleskulls so we scored on T8 and surfed their blitzer along with it (but couldnt' receive anything from surf.)

Half their KO's woke up, meaning one black orc woke up and one decided to continue his napping. 9v11 and it's our attack now. Blitz.

Ambushed by foul invention!

Scatter was good for us and they didn't manage to injure anyone on blitz, but it ruined our plan on line of scrimmage. We couldn't receive anything from line of scrimmage and were forced to use reroll on pickup once again. Orcs defended fiercely and didn't overextend their attack. We switched sides and they followed. We had one chance to make proper scoring threat, but Brian Littrell failed dodge and orcs switched side with us. Rest of the match was pretty much similiar. Orcs hanged on their half, mirroring our moves and we tried wiggle them to one side. We had another decent chance to give the ball to Songwriter Alex as with touchdown he would have scored but as we rolled doubleskull on blocks before (so we could make some screens to him) we forfeited our plan. Promoter Tom went frustrated cause of it and decided to KO third player in this game, his fouling boots were hard and referee didn't see anything. Rest of the match we couldn't find proper openings and didn't wanna risk it so we switched sides constantly and couldn't move the ball to their side.

On turn 15 we had okay chance, but we didn't realize it's turn 15. Also Songwriter Alex failed catching pass with reroll, so it wouldnt have helped even if it would have been T14. Ballhandling hasn't been our thing in this game.

The walls close in, the shadows whisper of conspiracy!

Orcs tried to make scoring threat, but couldn't make elflike dodges (once again), meaning game would end 1-0 in our favour.

We rolled 5 on money, leading our treasury into 170k.

MVP landed on A. J. McLean

REAL MVP was Promoter Tom. 6 fouls, 4 armourbreaks and 3 KO's. 0 blocks made. After match Tom told that his back is sore for carrying the whole team.

Howie Dorough earned 2 SPP and is 27/31

A. J. McLean earned 8 SPP and is 14/16

Composer Jack earned 2 SPP and is 12/16

Backing Vocalist John earned 2 SPP and is 2/6. He also suffered MNG, meaning he won't be participating in our season finale.

Apotechary were left unused.

We carry on undefeated and on first place in our division with astonishing record 7-1-0. Second place is held by lizards, who haven't played their matchday 8 match yet. We have secured runner up trophy for the season (and first for this coach). Our last match is against wood elves, who have 2x Strip ball Wardancers (and other has tackle with it) so we don't have easy final match ahead of us. We have also pretty solid chance to win The Boot award and if we can crack decent target in our last match we have shot at Bounty Hunter award too! We live interesting times my dear reader.

vmaazmwytq451.jpg?width=640&height=400&c

Posted (edited)

If my calculations are correct, after day 8 now - ogrobots lead the competition for confirmed harms done. We were tied, then Bretstreeters took the lead with a poor halfling and a song in his honor. Then we wrestled the lead back with one juicy targeted bounty. And no news were made after that. The rest are trailing relatively far behind.

What I want to say is - the future of the trophy is in your hands right now. Probably. (And in your legs, and in your opponent's hides) Results for my last match are in. Dark elves forgot all their "plusses" at home, despite all the efforts. And I didn't have the inspiration for target calling, knowing it might just be one of those 'singleplayer card game' matches, if you know what I mean. I need to stop being lazy like a jelatinous cube, and finish what i started.

Edited by Nurdell

Awards

On matchday 9 we were supposed to face wood elves, but as their coach had forfeited their quest which meant match remained unplayed and were admined in our favour. So let us begin our season recap!

quincey2.png?w=625

Spoiler

This is how our team looked like on beginning

1 - A. J. McLean 0/6 - Blitzer

2 - Brian Littrell 0/6 - Blitzer

3 - Howie Dorough 0/6 - Blitzer

4 - Nick Carter 0/6 - Blitzer

5 - Backing Vocalist John 0/6 - Blocker

6 - Composer Jack 0/6 - Blocker

7 - Mixer Aaron 0/6 - Blocker

8 - Songwriter Alex 0/6 - Blocker

9 - Roadie Jules 0/6 - Lineman

10 - Groupie Tom 0/6 - Lineman

11 - Barker Bert 0/6 - Lineman

We started with full positional roster and with 2 rerolls. I had good hunch about our season, but how did it actually go?

Brigands have run of these lanes. Keep to the side path; the OCC is just ahead.

Matchday 1 we faced @cpervert and his woodies. At first this matchup looked bad for us and our initial goal was to win or draw this game. Aim was to not push too hardly so we don't expose ourselves. Our plan didn't succeed that well as we scored on turn 7, but with Nuffle's grace they couldn't make equalizer. On second half we made our renowned foul against their Wardancer and killed that poor elf and he wasn't only one. We crushed them with brutal 3-0 victory.

Confidence surges as the enemy crumbles!

Matchday 2 happened next and we faced more elves. This time dark elves coached by @oldone_bb This is match where i played bit too overconfidently as i thought my opponent would be new player to world of Blood Bowl. We scored late on first half on offense and as we still had players we had good feeling about this match. We got some attempts on the ball, but couldn't sack it. Attleast we forced elves to score relatively quickly and would have chance to make it 2-1. Blitz event happened and elves made it 2-1 instead. Blitz event happened, but this time we managed to keep the ball and barely made it 2-2.

The mind cannot hope to withstand such an assault.

Matchday 3 we faced our human'ish cousins which call themselves norse coached by @DreamlandGaming. They had taken quite some beating on earlier matchdays so we could have chance. Also as Norse has alot of block and we have 4 block + 4 wrestle they didn't have that much advantage against us. We managed to remove one of them early on and they managed to remove our players simultaneously. We fought hard, scored on our attacking half and pushed bit greedily on their half. It's not stupid if it works and as we managed to surf their ball carrier and scatter was good for us we knew how this game would end. We managed to win that match 2-0 aswell!

Driving out corruption is an endless battle, but one that must be fought.

Matchday 4 is when we faced halflings coached by @frick you. We didn't wanna push too heavily as we had heard about our opponents heroism and impressive feats. We kicked in deep and as they couldn't pick the ball up we pushed once again forward. They were no match for us and as we scored defensive touchdown on turn 8 we would set the pace on for remainder of game. In the end it wasn't that simple as they managed to harass our ballcarrier, but yet we prevailed. Another game ended 2-0 in our favour!

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Matchday 5 we faced another humanish race. This time it were humans or brigands coached by @Whitehowler. This game started with blitz event against us, but again deep kick kept us in the game. First half was pretty good in terms of gameplay, untill turn 6 where they pushed our ballcarrier into their endzone giving them 2 turns to score equalizer. They made some nice moves and made somewhat unlikely equalizer on turn 8. Things looked grim. But as they had problems with the ball we pushed and began all out brawl on their half. MVP of this match was our Dodge skill. Pretty much whole second half was brawl on their half and as we managed to snatch the ball late we snatched victory with it. 2-1 for us!

Many fall in the face of chaos; but not this one, not today.

Matchday 6 we faced orcs coached by @SoapyTheBum. 3 matches in row would happen where we would be out-powered in terms of strenght. But as we were undefeated thus far we were quite confident we could hack this game. We managed to remove one orc early on which gave us some breathing room. We wiggled from side to side and scored relatively fast as we aimed to get 2-0 lead on first half. That didn't happen, but we still had 1-0 lead when we went to second half. We managed to steal the ball on second half and with good ol' bait we managed to clear route on other side. We took another 2-0 victory and kept our undefeated status!

Be wary - triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall...

Matchday 7 was battle for first place. Undefeated lizards coached by @Synthric versus our undefeated Bretonnians. We scored on turn 8 and received badly timed blitz event. It made their oneturner effort slightly harder and we went to second half with 1-0 lead. We fought hardly for the ball and had few shots at it and succeeded. But as their Kroxigor forgot to be boneheaded and found pow on our ballcarrier (small mistake on my part, should have based it) it meant they made equalizer late on second half. But as we still had 2 turns remaining we kept our hopes up and got rewarded for it. We rolled quite alot dice, but managed to score on turn 16 taking the victory and top place on leaderboard!

Continue the onslaught! Destroy. Them. All.

Matchday 8 happened and sadly this turned out to be last match of season for our team. We met another orc team this time coached by @Fuggernomics. Our team had practiced earlier against orcs so we knew how to break them and thanks to 3 huge removals in first 3 turns it meant we managed to pressure them enough to steal the ball. Even blitz even't didn't make us flinch! We made defensive touchdown on turn 8 and as it was our offense beginning it meant we should be able to keep hold of the ball. Orcs defended well and as we didn't want to give them chance to equalize we played cautiously. Game ended 1-0 in our favour.

The walls close in, the shadows whisper of conspiracy!

And as our matchday 9 match was admined there is nothing to recap about it.

We ended the season with amazing record 8-1-0. Bit saddened that we couldn't get "Perfect Season" award, but we will accept this. Thanks to our best season (so far) in OCC we managed to win our division! Among with our incoming "Winner" trophy we won "Psychic" competition and possibly "Da Boot" trophy. I aimed to get triple but we couldn't properly compete with @Fuggernomics or @Nurdell!

da06qm4-1c23297b-af74-4ff9-b172-4a94e867

What does our roster look like after this good season?

1 - Howie Dorough 27/31 - Blitzer - Block, Dauntless, Catch, Dodge, Leader.

2 - Nick Carter 20/31 - Blitzer - Block, Dauntless, Catch, Dodge, Tackle.

3 - A. J. McLean 14/16 - Blitzer - Block, Dauntless, Catch, Dodge.

4 - Brian Littrell 9/16 - Blitzer - Block, Dauntless, Catch, Dodge.

5 - Composer Jack 15/16 - Blocker - Wrestle, Guard.

6 - Mixer Aaron 14/16 - Blocker - Wrestle, Guard.

7 - Songwriter Alex 4/6 - Blocker - Wrestle

8 - Backing Vocalist John 2/6 - Blocker - Wrestle

9 - Promoter Tom 12/16 - Lineman - Fend, Dirty Player.

10- Manager Jules 5/6 - Lineman - Fend.

11 - Barker Bert 0/6 - Lineman - Fend.

12 - Masseur Albert 0/6 - Lineman - Fend.

We've got 270k in bank, which means we will buy enchament for our homestadium. Our team will invest in future and build Referee Rest Area. (Free Bribe!)

In radiance may we find victory.

That is all from season 20. Our next stop will be Tier 5 and there is possibility that our team blogs theme will change. Thanks everyone who managed to read my scribbling thus far and thanks every coach for this season!