GobIins - a khemri team blog

brocCooLi

Matchday 3 against orcs

This was a fun one. We played it just yesterday, it is clear as a cloud on a sunny beach.

We managed to score in the first half, managed to stop the orcs from scoring.

In the second half, it was magic. It was ancient khemri knowledge. We knocked the ball carrier down.

We dodged, we picked up the ball, we passed, we catched, we didnt care about tackle zones, we didnt care about anything. Everything was just the ball and the crowd that was cheering on us. But something was very wrong?

They screamed "off with the elfs!", but it was khemri vs orcs. There was no elfs?

Really strange. Really really strange.

But we won with 2-0 so we are ok with the crowd being wrong.

Matchday 6 against khemri.

Finally a worthy opponent!

We have waited for this day and now it is here.

We started off the first half with some classic pick up and pass the ball, as khemri are well known to do.

Ran both right and left and then some middle. Splitting up those slow khemri with our own slow khemri. Things went well. Until they didnt. Players started to leave the pitch. Blitzer with blodgestep got niggle, no regen. A bit sad but lives for another day at least.

In the end, we managed to knock down one on the ball, it bounced free. We dodged, picked it up and took a gfi to score turn 8. Glorious!

Second half and we lost more and more players. The other khemri slowly advanced.

Suddenly there was only two players left against a whole khemri team. And the tomb guardians left the cage duty trying to knock down our thrower. Nope nope nope, nut until christmas comes along we said.

Then we dodged free, blitzed a skeleton, CASUALTY!. They tried to knock us down again, but quadra skull and our thrower got a KILL!

Dodged free once more and knocked down the other thrower, stunned, picked up the ball. IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!!

The other player got removed so all we had was a thrower. We just needed to dodge three times and then throw away the  ball to the sky. We failed. The thrower stood up again and picked up the ball. We got fouled into stunned. They scored turn 16.

A glorious 1-1 khemri draw.

A lineman skilled and became blodger.

• 2 weeks later...

Matchday 7 against goblins.

Goblins. Meh! Secret weapon and fouls. They have no feeling for the true game of ancient and mystic ball magic of the khemri.

But whatever. We were gonna win this easy game anyway.

They were attacking but we were defending, they didnt think of that when they picked to attack did they?

Weak minds of the smoochy goblins.

We were able to steal the ball, just like the candy from the children that wants autographs after the games. They have no strength to keep stuff they have in their hands so it is just to pick it like apples.

We scored! And we were winning the game with 1-0.

Second half and we were attacking. Everything looked so good. We got players removed, but who needs players against such a foolish team as goblins. Bah!

We were just gonna pass and then score. BUT THE GOBLINS!!! THE GOBLINS!!! They stacked players on each other and intercepted the ball. Such.. such... such stupid things and the ref was ok with it???

And then they kept removing our players. And in the end they even scored???? HOW DARE THEY MAKE US NOT WIN???

1-1 draw.

A catcher leveled up and got mighty blow.

12 hours ago, brocCooLi said:

BUT THE GOBLINS!!! THE GOBLINS!!! They stacked players on each other and intercepted the ball. Such.. such... such stupid things and the ref was ok with it???

I think you will find that it was one single Goblin who went above and beyond that day! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Matchday 8 against vampire

We started with the ball and it felt good. But we also started with a loner.

We mostly felt good the first part of the game and then the vampire stole the ball from us?

But we got it back and started to advance on our left.

Then our turn 6 happened. We could have moved one player getting assist and do a 2d block. Nope.

Instead we dodged with the mighty blow catcher, failed the dodge, got some sort of brain freeze and didnt reroll. As the FIRST action. That was also the turn we planned to score.

In the vampires offence they let us hit the ball carrier quite a few times. We even stole the ball one time.

But in the end they managed to score. We got a riot so we didnt need to do a one turner but instead we failed the two turner, due to a failed catch.

A 0-1 loss.

The catcher with mighty blow got -AV on a foul.

Matchday 9 against necromantic.

We both started with a loner, could get fun this.

We also started with the ball, scored in two turns. Not doing the mistake from the vampire match again (hopefully).

They had time to score. But we defended. In the end we did a cage dive, a lucky bounce with the ball and we could throw it away. Classic khemri play :sir:

The second half was not as fun. We got fewer and fewer player and in the end we couldnt stop the necromantic from scoring. We gave it our best but best wasnt good enough today.

They gave us a chance on the one turner by not putting two stand firm and a sidestep on the line. Everything went good until we started dodgeing and we failed when we were trying to pass the last line.

1-1 draw.

• 3 weeks later...

MD1

due to some gallstone and forgetting how utc works during winter it was a admin loss, 1-2.

MD2

lost against some n00b playing like their first game ever? cant understand how i lost against @cpervert. 1-2 here too.

MD3

finally some khemri magic that worked like the charm it should. won against darkies with 3-2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Played against @Zunk, won 2-1. Stole the ball thanks to a fireball in first half. Scored quickly in second half.

TLDR:

Started in defence, did the normal column defence. Got a chance to use wizard with a fireball. Only knocked down the ball carrier but with ag5 and ma7 on the thrower it wasnt that hard to retrieve. Passed to a free lineelf and scored. Then Zunk wanted to go for the win, made a pass that I could pick up and keep 0 in half.

Second half I scored quickly and then I more or less tried to just keep my players alive. Worked well and Zunk scored a TD last turn.

Great start of the season!

53 minutes ago, brocCooLi said:

Played against @Zunk, won 2-1. Stole the ball thanks to a fireball in first half. Scored quickly in second half.

TLDR:

Started in defence, did the normal column defence. Got a chance to use wizard with a fireball. Only knocked down the ball carrier but with ag5 and ma7 on the thrower it wasnt that hard to retrieve. Passed to a free lineelf and scored. Then Zunk wanted to go for the win, made a pass that I could pick up and keep 0 in half.

Second half I scored quickly and then I more or less tried to just keep my players alive. Worked well and Zunk scored a TD last turn.

Great start of the season!

Well done. I suppose you left his team completely intact since I meet them in MD2.

Match number 2 for the season. Lost 1-2. Scored early and then I didnt manage to defend properly.

TLDR:

Started in offence, scored on turn 3 I think it was. Was in defence the rest of the half. Used wizard on my turn 7 to steal the ball and throw it away or something like that to stop the orcs. Wizard worked but then I blitzed the wrong player. Ended up failing to defend and the orcs scored.

In second half the orcs scored in turn 16 and I got a one turn chance. But the thrower was knocked out so had to try a pass with a lineelf and failed it.

Got two player killed and lots of removals against me. Hard to do anything with 2 players on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Match 3

Equalised with a one-turner in the end of first half. Scored in second and was able to defend.

TLDR:

Started to defend. Realised I probably cant stop the TD so tried to foul. Nothing happened and I got a one turner that I managed. 1-1 after first half.

Second half and I starting to get removals, lots of KO but they are off the field. Killed Hubris Rakarth on a foul, got sent off but what a win that was! Will remember that beautiful moment for a long time. Then I score in the second and manages to defend, but it was a close one. A win with 2-1.

Match 4

Scored. Snaked after wizard. Did a one turner for draw in the end of the second.

TLDR:

Was allowed to start with the ball. Fouled the only player with tackle to KO where he was almost the whole game.

Scored and had a nice chance to do 2-0. But snaked the dodge after the wizard so 1-1 after the first half.

The orcs attacked and I managed to sack the ball carrier but another orc catched the bounce. Couldnt stop it in the end and they scored. Got riot and one extra turn but did a one turner anyway and was hoping for the blitz. Didnt happen and we had a 2-2 draw.