Sour on Top

Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD4

The fourth match this season was against a human team. They could induce one bloodweiser babe because we filled up our ranks to 13 players.

The Cardiff Titans (Human):

1.) Strengths: 

They had 5 block, dodge players, two guards, had a fully developed killer (block, mighty blow, tackle, piling on) and another hard hitter with frenzy (block, tackle, dodge, mighty blow, frenzy). Their movement is way better than ours (two 8 movement catchers and four 7 movement blitzers).

All in all I expected frustrating turns and different kind of hardships.

2.) Weakness:

They could not roll strength up so they would rely on the guard players and they lacked a bench (only 11 players in the roster) so removing them could turn the tide to our advantage like last week against the elves.

Key moments - first half:

1.) We had to start and attack. This was not that good considering the bloodweiser babe. We could grab the ball near the half-line. The only problem was they survived 4 hits (three AV8 and one AV6).

unknown.png

2.) They boneheaded the blitz and put players in front of our lines so next turn we moved forward. At least our fifth hit caused an injury (the sixth caused a stun but that does not matter here). We prepared for a surf on our right side (that's a player with niggling injury and blodge).

unknown.png

3.) At the end of their second turn they started their bad dodge play (they failed the first 1/2 dodge and after that the third 2/3 dodge). Our third turn was quick, a double one re-rolled into a double two...turnover.

unknown.png

4.) They returned the favor with a double one on the ogre (that ogre has block) and the loner re-roll failed. We got a chance to break through. The hit stunned their rightmost player (after eight AV8 and one AV6). We needed only one extra step (with a re-roll) to finish the cage before moving in. We just failed that... (Conclusion: Bad ordering).

unknown.png

5.) With a guard and a re-rolled armor break they knocked out our dodge pestigor :gutted:
6.) At least we knocked out another human player (10 nurgle players against 9 human ones) and had a plan to clear the ball's surroundings.

unknown.png

We put the ball to a safeish place.

unknown.png

7.) They knocked out another pestigor in an instance and stunned our front nurgle warrior after 3 dodge :gutted:

We moved forward and tried to get in scoring range.

unknown.png

8.) They stunned the beast with their next hit and the re-rolled armour break knocked him out. 4 hits with 3 removals in 3 turns...:wacko:

To make things even harder they pulled of an extra step (5/6), two dodge play (1/2, 2/3 with auto re-roll) to form a screen on the sideline.

unknown.png 
9.) We knocked out another human player and went left. We will check later if this was the good decision.

unknown.png

10.) They blocked our path towards the touchdown line and even stunned our carrier (they used their last re-roll for the hit...). It was clear that we had to pull a pass play because the only standing pestigor had to make one extra step to score at the start of the turn.

unknown.png

However we failed the pass...

unknown.png

On their last turn they failed an extra step and stunned a player but it still did not matter. The score was 0 - 0 and it was their turn to attack.

Edited by Tallaseksut

Key moments - second half:

1.)
My block pestigor came back to the field (beast and dodge pestigor stayed knocked out) while their block, tackle, mighty blow, frenzy, dodge blitzer came back. This was not that good. However, the second half started 11 nurgle players against 9 human ones. I had hoped if I could have removed some players then the match still could be won.

After they sent two players deep in our field my only option was to hit them while holding my defensive line. Expecially because one player was the evil piling on one.

unknown.png

First round we double stunned the piling on player, not good.

2.) They stunned our half-line pestigor and tried to save their catcher from the dodge trap. Armor break for him, because of the failed dodge, but just another stun. Still not good. 

We had to reposition some player to our left side because they brought the ball there. Before finishing our last moves we fouled the lying blitzer without stun. The AV5 did not break.

unknown.png

They moved to our other side, we repositioned ourselves and fouled the lying catcher.

unknown.png

AV6 broke but just another stun and an expulsion...

At this point they breached our defense.

unknown.png

I had two options, an 50% dodge to attack the carrier, or a clear attack on the lonely protector and step next to the carrier. I chose the second.

unknown.png

Meanwhile we gathered another stun (fifth this half)...:wacko:
3.) They scored on their 13th turn. 0 - 1 to the human team.

4.) Nobody came back from the knocked out players so the last drive started 10 nice nurgle players against 9 human ones. Both teams gained a turn after the kick-off. At least, I was happy about it :cool:

Moreover we knocked out their piling on player with our blitz!

unknown.png

We made a little calculation mistake here because the pestigor stayed in a 2 extra step range for the side catcher.

Fortunatley, the extra step failed. So after some repositioning and moving we fouled the catcher. The armor held again.

unknown.png

5.) We moved forward near the sideline. Another downed human, another foul without success.

unknown.png

6.) They tried to from a screen but the last player missed a dodge so we had to break through this formation.

unknown.png

After putting some players in place I realized that we had to score this turn.

unknown.png

We scored with two extra steps 1 - 1 :sir:
7.) The knocked out players came back. They had one turn to score but they did not want to do that so we had a draw.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD4 - Summary

The match ended in a draw. The cage ordering mistake was hard on our team next time we will be more cautious. Apart from that after the first half I was satisfied with the result and it was okayish based on the team's strengths.

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half 9.

The biggest question in my gameplay is the decision on the seventh turn. I was very uncomfortable with the going sideways plan so I went to the middle.

Actual play:

unknown.png

Other possibility:

unknown.png

In the actual play my opponent did a hit (8/9), put the ogre in our way (5/6) and blitzed (35/36 non-turnover and 20/36 hit).

In the theoritical play they have to make a 1 dice hit to blitz the carrier. However, to block our path it is enough to free the ogre with two 2 dice hit (8/9 to push downward the rotter next to the ogre and 5/6, 35/36 to blitz the pestigor away with the ogre). After that they can attack my front nurgle warrior with a 2 dice block (35/36). This way they form a "2-man" line near the side and have one player basing our pestigor. 

Conclusion: Probably my plan was a bit better but it is hard to decide.

What went well:

No injuries despite the piling on player.

What could be done better:

Sometimes I tend to get too brave with the ordering. We should fix that.

Developement:

- Lemon Cure (Rotter) learned to wrestle.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD5

The fifth match this season was against @Gimlik's high elf team again. We planned to take a revenge on last season's defeat but that did not go well.

Silver Lords of Altmer (High Elf):

1.) Strengths: 

This was a high elf team so we can put here the higher average movement and the 4 agility throughout the roster. They developed two good blitzers, a block, mighty blow, piling on one and a block, mighty blow, tackle one. They had two blodge like linemen (wrestle, dodge) and could induce a wizard and a bloodweiser babe because of the injuries suffered through the season.

2.) Weakness:

They started with 3 loner players and had 3 other elves without block or dodge. This also meant they had no bench.

The plan was the usual here. Remove as many players as possible so we could counter the AG4 stat.

1.) We had to attack first. This was not ideal considering our opponent's inducements. At least we got a touchback after a stun (those evil elves from the crowd threw rocks at us).

unknown.png

First turn we could foul a loner lineman. Injury but also an expulsion for our innocent rotter. 10 versus 10 remained on the field.

2.) We started our biblical war on the midfield.

unknown.png

After both teams lost a re-roll due to a double skull the war seemed neverending.

unknown.png

We knew that their wizard was itching and ready to strike. After the re-roll I really did not want to risk to move another tile with my carrier because it would cost us an extra step.

3.) The wizard was too precise. They injured our block, sure hands pestigor and stunned the beast and the carrier.

unknown.png

Moreover they knocked out my pestigor next to the ball with a one dice hit. They removed 2 players in one turn and stunned two for the next turn. It was bad.

They missed the pick up though but with three players near the ball it was very unprobable that they would not pick it up next turn.

4.) We tried to confuse them. We had three moveable players to complete our holy quest.

unknown.png

unknown.png

5.) They knocked out our nurgle warrior who protected the ball and picked it up. Fortunately, they missed a re-rolled dodge to cover the carrier's back. They lost their last re-roll on their fourth turn.

So far eight of our hits (including dodge fail) could not cause even a stun while their ten hits (including the fireball) caused three stuns, two knock outs and an injury (just one mighty blow helped the injury dice so far). This was bad and seven nice nurgle players tried to stop ten evil elves.

We could knock down their carrier with a blitz but we found ourselves in a terrifying situation.

unknown.png

Moving backward would mean they could blitz our carrier without any help so we tried to move forward to connect our team where more elves was waiting for us. We could not move the nurgle warrior next to the carrier because it would had cost another extra step and we used this turn's re-roll for the first one.

unknown.png

6.) They knocked down our carrier and picked up the ball. We needed a 8/9 dodge to hit their carrier again. However we failed it :gutted:

unknown.png

7.) On their sixth turn they had enough players near my touchdown line to protect their carrier. The cherry on top was another pestigor knock out. This time my dodge pestigor left the field. Another failed dodge on their side but the armor break was missing again.

8.) I could had went next to their carrier with two extra steps but I chose the safer play. If I could had knocked down one of their dodge, wrestle player next to my pestigor I could move freely next to their carrier.

unknown.png

We failed the knock down but another "good" thing happened this half.

unknown.png

Fifth nurgle warrior death in 14 games. This time we failed the regeneration. Good by Strawberry Smash :RIP:

9.) They moved the ball to the corner. Against five nurgle player it was quite easy. They failed another dodge but still no armor break.

unknown.png

10.) They used their piling on skill the first time and injured my last pestigor on the field while we finished the half without causing an armor break. 

At least a wannabe famous elf scored against us.

unknown.png

Edited by Tallaseksut

Key moments - second half:

1.) 
Two nurgle players came back from knock out so we started the second half nine against ten. The only problem was that they were attacking.

unknown.png

They knocked out a rotter on the LoS with the piling on skill. Eight versus ten it was. This meant their most important blitzer stayed in fouling range.

2.) We fouled him but just a stun :gutted:

unknown.png

3.) The elves did elf things in their backyard (second successful pass and catch in this half). We could tentacle two of them in the middfield.

4.) We stunned one and I tried to foul their blitzer again. We could remove him from the pitch (apothecary removed the injury but he joined the substitutes)! :cool:

Eight nice nurgle players was against nine evil elves!

I tried to hit another elf with my beast but the best beast became really stupid and failed the loner re-roll...

unknown.png

5.) After another pass they moved the ball to our left side near the half-line. With a failed dodge they knocked out themselves (8 vs 8).

unknown.png

6.) We tried to hold them off.

unknown.png

7.) Defended on the other side as well.

unknown.png

8.) Unfortunately they could put up a defensive screen with a dodge (5/6) and two extra steps play (5/6 and 5/6) (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense).  

unknown.png

9.) We could blitz their carrier after a push with a nurgle warrior. The blitz was a success but the scatter was not that good. 

unknown.png

In the end we tried to protect the ball with another pestigor but the 8/9 dodge failed again as in the first half.

10.) They pushed away our ball protector pestigor with a re-roll, picked up the ball and scored. It was kind of expected.

2-0 for the elves.

11.) We got back a rotter and they had their substitute blitzer back so for our last three turns it was nine versus nine.

unknown.png

12.) They stunned our beast so moving forward became very hard. We tried to move to the right side with an extra step but our nurgle warrior tripped twice.

unknown.png

13.) In the end we failed another two dice block but it meant quite nothing the score stayed 2-0 for the elves and we tried to forgot the game as soon as possible.

unknown.png

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD5 - Summary

The match ended with our second loss. After the first half it was quite inevitable and we needed a miracle defensive play to even gather a draw. That day it did not happen but maybe next time :sir:
Play analysis:

- Key moments - second half 8.

I thought about analysing the situations before the touchdowns (from the perspective of elves). The only mistake I found was before their second touchdown. 

unknown.png

This is the crucial step there. The lineman next to my ST5 nurgle warrior should be just one tile away (this would mean one extra step) because this placement lets me push him with two dice and attack their carrier with a two dice blitz. Maybe the finishing move in defense would had been the last elf but the tentacles prohibited that.

unknown.png

So after the two dice block.

unknown.png

We could attack.

unknown.png

Conclusion: Miscalculation 5/6 is better than 15/36.

What went well:

The MVP went to a nurgle warrior and we gathered our second block warrior!

We should report the dirty git points in time.

Developement:

- Blueberry Buddies (Nurgle Warrior) learned to block.
- Tomato Trip (Nurgle Warrior) joined the team.
- Strawberry Smash (Nurgle Warrior) died.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD6

On our sixth match we faced a khemri team. Both of us aimed for our second win and tried to show that we are better than what our statistic showed. 

Papyrus Makers (Khemri):

1.) Strengths: 

Considering the four tomb guardian players with one guard we faced a stronger team but with not insanely strong. Their three key players were the block, tackle, mighty blow, piling on blitzer, the block, tackle, mighty blow blitzer and the +1 AG, block etc. thro-ra. We had to watch for the two dirty player skeletons as well. They even had 3 substitutes to counter their AV7 stat and expulsions.

2.) Weakness:

AV7 but they had three substitutes. We had more players with MA6, four instead of two, but that was not a big advantage.

1.) 
We played the first half in sweltering heat. That was not good. I gave them the opportunity to attack. Maybe that was not good either. We could blitz them at the start. This meant only one thing.

unknown.png

We attacked the piling on player on the LoS.

2.) However something stupid happened. You never should do it (Conclusion: Miscalculeted defense). We placed one of our nurgle warrior in a way that they could blitz and push him out of the pitch. Not a good start (10 versus 11).

unknown.png

3.) However they came close enough to our team.

unknown.png

After moving my players in position we could use the beast to hug their two blitzers and attack one of them with a warrior. Here I made another little mistake. Without the follow up I needed two extra steps instead of one to step next to their catcher. At first it was not the plan but after it revealed itself we just did that.

In the end we based a skeleton on the other side as well.

unknown.png

4.) They tried to free their carrier with a skeleton but the foul appearance helped. After that they chose just to hit my nurgle warrior with the carrier without blitz. That was risky. They committed three skeletons to get a two dice hit on my right side nurgle warrior so the carrier was a bit defenseless.

unknown.png

5.) After standing up with a rotter and the beast we planned our next push. We could injure the AV6 dirty player but he regenerated (10 versus 10 for the half). It was not good. We stunned the other skeleton next to the carrier. It was getting better. We stunned another skeleton on our right side after some movements but that meant nothing. With our last, one dice hit we injured the  block, tackle, mighty blow blitzer and the khemri team lost it fo the game (10 versus 9 for the half)! :cool:

unknown.png

unknown.png

6.) They got into a hard situation. Instead of running (the carrier has AG3) they started to clear their surroundings (Conclusion: Bad ordering). Their first two dice block failed (1/9) so they had to use their re-roll for the turn. They could injure one rotter (9 versus 9 now) but failed the dodge (1/3).

unknown.png

7.) On our third turn we injured their +1MA thro-ra, we needed at least a push to get next to the beast, but he regenerated (9 versus 8 for the half) :gutted:

We picked up the ball after a re-roll and ran to safety.

unknown.png

8.) On their fourth turn with a one dice block they injured the beast and the best beast failed the regeneration :gutted:
They even knocked out my block, sure hands pestigor with a foul (7 versus 8 it was).

9.) This moment we arrived to a real question.

unknown.png

Next turn my opponent could hit may back pestigor with two dice and a mighty blow. Could probably blitz my ST5 nurgle warrior with the mighty blow, piling on blitzer (both players had block skill) and probably foul my nurgle warrior or my wrestle rotter.

So my plan was to remove two skeletons (a tackle one and the piling on blitzer) and stall. The blocks worked but there was no armor break.

unknown.png

I decided to score and feared what would happen after it because of the sweltering heat (Conclusion: Mixed). 

10.) With the beast injured we lost two nurgle warriors for this drive (the ST5, block as well). At least my knocked out player came back. They also lost a tomb guardian but they had three other. I did not expect to perform too well in this situation if they could pick up the ball. They had four turns to score (9 nice nurgle players versus 11 khemri ones). The weather changed to nice. Thanks :P

unknown.png

11.) They injured my wrestle rotter at the start (8 versus 11). This was bad. They fouled my pestigor but we survived without an armor break.

unknown.png

12.) We blitzed one of their dirty player an injured him (8 versus 10 for now). Third regeneration :huh:
We could sneak through their lines with a pestigor. I did not expect that.

unknown.png

13.) They stunned two of our players and got through the half-line.

unknown.png

We blocked two of their players and left a pestigor behind.

unknown.png

14.) They moved in scoring range.

unknown.png

15.) We will check this for sure later but what you should know that after blitzing, and thinking a lot before that, I forgot that to step next to their carrier I had to dodge (1/6 success) with my warrior. Turnover (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense) :gutted:

unknown.png

16.) My only hope was that they would commit too many risky moves before trying to score. They blitzed with a tomb guardian and knocked out my block pestigor. After a re-rolled extra step they scored 1-1.

17.) My knocked out pestigor came back in an instant (thanks bloodweiser babes however our beer is better). So we got a turn to cause some injuries at the LoS. We injured a skeleton there (an stunned an other) but they had enough substitutes. We started our attack drive with 1-1. It was interesting.

Edited by Tallaseksut

1.) We started the second half like this (10 versus 11). The plan was to foul a tomb guardian on the LoS so maybe we could decrease their strength advantage because the beast was out for the game.

unknown.png

We could not knock down a high strength player so we pulled back our front players.

unknown.png

2.) They started to surround us and left a player deep down in their field. We moved forward the ball and with a both down knocked out a thro-ra (10 versus 10).

unknown.png

Unfortunately they stunned our front pestigor so he could not do any interesting things. They fouled a nurgle warrior but that just not worked.

We stunned their piling on player and went a bit closer to their half.

unknown.png

3.) They based our carrier and formed a curved line around our team. It was not looking good. Because of the higher strength we had to cut through their defense next turn. The problem was that their fouled my lying pestigor and he was knocked out. At least the referee sent out the fouler (9 versus 9 now).

The side was protected with only a thro-ra. A mere push and we could go forward.

unknown.png

The push was a success and to complete our run we had to use our re-roll for the turn (second move). That was bad because we had top play safe for now.  There was a little problem with our attack. We finished the turn near the sideline instead of in front of our defender pestigor. This was bad because the standing thro-ra could dodge away (8/9 wtih re-roll) and push our pestigor out (Conclusion: Miscalculated attack).

unknown.png

4.) However, my opponent started to roll dice at the other side of the field after moving with the blitz-ra who could assist the push. First block 1/36 fail and it failed. No more re-rolls for the khemri this turn :cool:

unknown.png

After the re-roll was a success (1/36 fail again), they rolled another block dice (1/9 fail). It was okay but the third block dice (1/9 fail) failed again. Turnover.

unknown.png

So instead of trying a 8/9 dodge and an 2/3 push they risked an (35/36, 8/9, 8/9) action chain (77%) so they had 23% to lose a re-roll and in reality they not just lost that but gained a turnover as well (Conclusion: Bad ordering). 

5.) I knew we will win. We ran forward and protected the carrier with an extra step. Based their piling on player with an extra step as well. In the end we hit and pushed some skeletons for fun.

unknown.png

At this point to gain a 1 dice hit they needed a push, three extra steps and even a dodge with the blitz-ra. They failed the first extra step twice, another early turnover.

6.) On my fourteenth turn I knocked out their piling on player so the pitch became a safer place and based the thro-ra who could red dice blitz my carrier with two extra steps.

unknown.png

We just had to survive three more khemri turns.

They could push a nurgle warrior to the side so after some player arrangement he dodged away. Armor break, knock out but that was better than an injury and they could not foul him this drive.

unknown.png

My other players stayed down because they could just foul once in a turn.

7.) We scored on our last turn 2 - 1 for the nice nurgle players! 

(They had one last turn to cause more injuries but fortunately that just not happened)

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD6 - Summary

We gathered our second win with the help of our opponent. 

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half 9.

The biggest question was that should I stall a round or more instead of scoring. We examine two outcomes (or at least two possible strategies).

We will start at this point and assume that the two hits, one with the nurgle warrior and one with the blitzing pestigor happened, and even my rotter stood up.

unknown.png

a.) Stall one more round and decrease the khemri team's chance of scoring. 

We know from the later turns in the game that even one turn delay could have helped us. To protect my ST5 nurgle warrior I have to step with my block pestigor next to their blitzer after the hit between the two lying skeletons (see below).

unknown.png 
My ST4 rookie nurgle warrior could have protected the lying AG3 thro-ra and the ST4, block warrior could have gone back to the rumble.

This way my opponent could:

- hit my rotter with 8/9 push success and 5/9 down success (armor break: 10/36) >> 6,43% KO or worse (thanks Samba)
- hit my rotter again with 8/9 push and 5/9 down succes (armor break with mighty blow: 15/36) >> 9,645% KO or worse
- hit my pestigor with 8/9 push success and 5/9 down success (armor break: 15/36) >> 22,059% KO or worse (including piling on and the team re-roll)
- hit my other pestigor with 8/9 push success and 5/9 down success (armor break: 15/36) >> 9,645% KO or worse  

- hit my nurgle warrior with 2/3 push success and 1/3 down success (armor break: 1/6) >> 9,645% KO or worse >> 3,858% KO or worse (thanks Samba)

So they have 31% to at least KO one player from my rotter, pestigor, nurgle warrior trio and 22% to at least KO the other pestigor.

Conclusion: Mixed but after the two removal on their fourth turn the risk was real.

b.) Stall till the end of the half.

Stalling till the end of the half would mean they miss 3 hits at the LoS and we miss a possible knock out regeneration phase. Based on the numbers in point a.) stalling longer is not a real option.

- Key moments - first half 15.

We have two relevant blitz options.

a.) Blitz next to the carrier with the block pestigor.

unknown.png

Probably this is the better.

If the two extra steps work they had to:

- at least push away my block pestigor two times (8/9 and 8/9)
- take an extra step (5/6) to have an assist from the right direction against my other block pestigor near the sideline (if the blitzed skeleton is downed)
- at least push away the other block pestigor (8/9)
- and take an extra step with the carrier (5/6)

If not then:

- at least push away my block pestigor two times (8/9 and 8/9)
- at least push away the other block pestigor (8/9)
- and take an extra step with the carrier (5/6)

b.) Blitz with my downed nurgle warrior.

unknown.png

Okay, this will be short. It is not better. I do not have more options just less.

Conclusion: I should have taken the other path with more risks.

What went well:

Injuries. The regenaration skill worked there and it was evil but at least we got 22 SPP from the game and that is very rare. First game where I got over twenty with this team.

The usual concentration stuff. I tend to make mistakes.

Developement:

- Yummy Yoghurt Taste (Pestigor) learned to wrestle.
- Some Passion Fruit (Rotter) [Lvl 2; Block] suffered a -1 ST injury and left the team.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD7

On our seventh match we encountered the bretonnian team in our division. We could induce a wizard but nothing more. We started the match without a substitute but my opponent did not have a piling on player just two mighty blow ones.

Knights of Errands (Bretonnian):

1.) Strengths: 

With four guards and lots of block like skills (eight versus our five) and some dauntless they can decrease their strength disadvantage. Moreover, they had five blodge players which would be hard to hit. They built an AG4 wrestle player as well. They brought 3 substitutes to counter their AV7 stat.

2.) Weakness:

If we could diminish their numbers (AV7, fend peasants) that could help but we had to remove some of the key players (MA7 and MA8 ones) to decrease their chance of winning.

1.) They started to attack it was okay. I put two pestigors to the LoS to protect my dirty player.

unknown.png

They fouled my lying, block pestigor. It was an armor break and an injury. The regeneration failed and 10 nurgle players remained till the end of the game :gutted:
After that they knocked out a block nurgle warrior. Nine nice nurgle players stayed on the pitch for now :huh:

2.) We had to stop them from fouling another so we tried to move with the beast. Really stupid did not help in that. At least we got a stun on a peasant but after their two removals it was not much help.

unknown.png

3.) They pushed us back a bit but we survived their next wave of attacks. We needed the beast to hold their three man line near the middle of the pitch. However he refused to play this day, another really stupid :wacko:

We pushed one of our rotter closer to the carrier and with a re-rolled two extra step play we based their carrier with our sacker pestigor.

unknown.png

4.) To return the favor they knocked out our dirty player rotter. Eight nurgle players stayed on the field.

5.) After another extra step we could blitz their block, dodge carrier and the hit connected.

unknown.png

6.) They could escape from our grasps with a 32% play (35/36 no turnover hit; 8/9 dodge; 15/36 no tentacle and 8/9 pick up with the team re-roll) and stunned a pestigor on the way.

unknown.png

7.) We used our last re-roll to dodge away with a pestigor and help the beast moving. After that with a push we could wrestle away the ball from the carrier's hands.

unknown.png

8.) Next turn they stunned our last rotter and the nurgle warrior near the beast and picked up the ball again. They finished their turn with a double dodge fail which resulted in a stun. It was time to use our wizard.

unknown.png

Unfortunatley, we could earn just a stun on the carrier. At the end of our turn we made a big mistake and tried to hit one of their fend players with the beast without any help. 50% really stupid strucked (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense)... :wacko:

unknown.png

If we had had a helper there the move still would had been bad because of the fend skill.

9.) Instead of having a beast which they had to strike their team could freely move at the middle of the pitch.

They quickly fouled my wrestle pestigor, he got a knock out and  7 nice nurgle players stayed on the field.:gutted:

After that they pushed away my ball protector pestigor and picked up the ball again.

unknown.png

10.) We tried to catch their carrier with a beast blitz. It did not go well and we gathered our third 1/6 really stupid. We surrounded their carrier, probably not in the best way but they still had two turns left.

unknown.png

11.) They could break through with a carrier blitz, stunned our back pestigor and ran with the ball to the corner. At the end of the half they fouled our stunned pestigor and injured him. The regeneration failed again. At this moment it was clear they would score.

12.) At least we could knock out their AG4 player. They scored on their last turn 1 - 0 to the bretonnians.

13.) One pestigor out of 3 knocked out player came back. We could have three free hits on their peasants but the crowd stunned the beast and we rolled a double skull on the first block attempt.

unknown.png

Edited by Tallaseksut

1.) 
We did not get more players back so we had to fight a seven against eleven war. We stunned a peasant again and formed a cage.

unknown.png

2.) They hit and fouled our lying nurgle warrior, our "AV7" broke and it was a knock out. Six nice nurgle players stayed on the field.

3.) We moved a bit forward.

unknown.png

They hit the beast and fouled again. At least the referee sent that player off.

4.) At this point we had to run. We stunned a wrestle, guard player and ran with the ball. However, the helper runner was based by a tackle, diving tackle player which I missed. The re-rolled dodge was a success but the second extra step failed. The warrior was lying because he intended to blitz as a last action. 

unknown.png

Unfortunately we ran out of luck at this point, the failed extra step was an armor break and a knock out. Five nurgle players stayed on the field... 

5.) They based our carrier and the third try could hit the beast (two disturbing presence for you humans :cool:). At the end of the turn they blitzed our carrier and the re-rolled hit connected. Another armor break but it was just a stun so at this point it was clear we would not score.

6.) We stunned one of their blockers and protected the side with a rotter. They picked up the ball on their twelveth turn and finished it next to our lying pestigor. Another two disturbing presence and the beast stayed still this time :sir:
7.) As a last resort we pushed their carrier with a re-rolled one dice block next to the side of the field.

unknown.png

Next turn they could run. They pushed out our last rotter and fouled the beast to knock out so three nurgle players stayed on the field.

unknown.png

The only two questions which remained:

- How many nurgle players would stay on the pitch?
- Would anyone die tonight?

8.) With four extra steps we based their carrier with two players.

unknown.png

9.) Next turn they freed their carrier and surrounded our players. The second goal was inevitible. They scored on their last turn but our three heroes survived :sir:

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD7 - Summary

We suffered another loss by the hands of some knights.

Play analysis:

Nothing really.

What went well:

No deaths that night and Tomato Trip (Nurgle Warrior) grabbed the MVP!

The usual concentration stuff.

Developement:

- Approved Apple (Rotter) joined the team.

S22 - Division 4C - MD8

Did we reach the end of the season? This is the eight match review. Yeah, we are late but here it is. Ahem, both team started with a substitute.

Orks Are Peolple Too.. (Orc):

1.) Strengths: 

They had all their black orcs and the troll. They gathered 5 guards, 5 mighty blows and developed one as a killer (block, mighty blow, tackle, piling on). This meant that they had the advantage in removing players and could build well performing defense and attack lines while having the same movement as us.

2.) Weakness:

They lost one blitzer for the game. That is all (we could induce a bribe).

1.) They started their attack phase but we got a blitz. 

unknown.png

We could hit their killer but missed the armor break.  

2.) They stunned two rotters and knocked out our dirty player on the LoS. At least they tried to pick up the ball before their fourth block attempt and the blitz. They failed it so it was our turn to cause havoc in their ranks.

3.) We breaked their line and ran.

unknown.png

4.) They picked up the ball, hit our runner and formed a decent defensive line. We pushed them back, even fouled on our second turn (just a stun :gutted:). 

unknown.png

They stunned our retriever and almost reached the middle of the pitch.

5.) We could base their carrier with a wrestle rotter and the beast. It looked okay.

unknown.png

They freed their carrier and wasted another re-roll on a decent hit (they had two more). 

We based their carrier again with a nurgle warrior and tried to base it with another player but the 8/9 dodge failed.

unknown.png

6.) Next turn they injured the beast but he regenerated :sir:
After that they risked a 8/9 dodge and the dice was good. 

We lost our last re-roll next turn with a double skull and breaked their defensive line once more. Two nice nurgle player was on the orc carrier again. Furthermore, we could stun an orc at the end.

unknown.png

They had 3 more turns to score, desperate times came (Conclusion: Miscalculated attack).

The orcs could pull off the 8/9 dodge after hitting the basing pestigor. However, they tried to pass in the middle of the pitch. They activated three disturbing presence. This was an important turnover :D

unknown.png

7.) We hit them hard and could keep them away.

unknown.png

They stunned a nurgle warrior, piece of nurgle. As a last resort, one of their blitzers ran forward but they failed the pass again. Unfortunately, they could catch the rebound so we had to hit their carrier.

unknown.png

8.) We missed the hit so they had a slight chance to score. In the end they missed another 16% catch so we got a scoring chance as well because they blitzed one of our pestigors in their eigth turn into scoring range (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense).

unknown.png

But before that we surfed their killer. No armor break :wacko:
They could intercept our pass so the score stayed 0 - 0 for the first half.

Edited by Tallaseksut

Key moments - second half:

1.) Our dirty player stayed knocked out but we could field eleven nice nurgle players for our attack. A rock from the crowd hit Peach Push and fortunately just stunned him. For a change we could knock out an orc lineman. Unfotunately the foul on the troll could not break armor :gutted:

2.) They formed a one man wide line on the middle of the pitch. We needed our guard beast there however he refused to play the second half (two turn two really stupid). We needed two 5/6 one dice hit to clear some orc players from their line and lost our second re-roll on the way.

unknown.png

They could hit us back but got just a stun on our right side rotter.

3.) We knocked out their troll next turn. Eleven nice nurgle players had to crush 9 orc ones. This started to good look. I even beleived we could win this now. We formed a cage at the end of the turn.

unknown.png

4.) However Nuffle had another plans.

unknown.png

Another death regeneration for the team :sir:
unknown.png

This still meant 10 versus 9 for the half. After that they knocked out another nurgle warrior. Two armor breaks in one turn, the tides shifted.

unknown.png

5.) We had to risk another 5/6 one dice hit and had to block with the beast as well. At least we gained some space and started to carve a path on the right side of the field.

unknown.png

6.) However next turn they knocked out the beast. So we lost 3 crucial pieces in two turns. This looked grim. They even injured our wrestle rotter. Seven nurgle players had to stand against 9 orcs.

7.) We still had the cage but was pushed back enough to stuck in the right side.

unknown.png

It was time to move to the left. With four extra steps we ran. 

unknown.png

They freed their players with four hits and knocked out a rotter. Six of us stayed on the field. They followed us with five extra steps (and used a re-roll for that). Fortunately we survived the one dice block with the carrier.

unknown.png

8.) We ran again and made a little mistake. We could had finished our move one square closer to the middle of the pitch (Conclusion: Miscalculated attack). That would had helped one of their black orcs to reach us easier (with one extra step or with two extra steps to hit) but they had 4 orcs there without him.

unknown.png

9.) The re-rolled hit connected, knocked out our carrier and the ball scattered to our half after three throw-ins :wacko:
They strucked as much nurgle players as they could and failed the pick up but a black orc could catch the rebound.

unknown.png

10.) Our options were limited. Two players stood up and we ran for the ball with our wrestle, dodge pestigor. The hit connected, we stunned the carrier but the recently standing rotter catched it. We wasted our last re-roll on a 5/6 one dice hit. At the end we tried to free our last pestigor but the dodge failed and we got a stun.

unknown.png

11.) Their second block connected on the rotter. The ball was free but they missed a chance to free their lineman (Conclusion: Miscalculated attack).

unknown.png

They failed the dodge twice. That meant the score wouldn't change for the game. 0 - 0 it was.

12.) We hit them a little and they hit us back but no injuries for the last minutes.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD8 - Summary

We gathered an important draw in this game.

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half 5. and 6.

I think we get too much help in getting next to the ball in the first half. We could base their carrier in three consecutive turns (from 3 till 5) and they tried a risky pass in their sixth turn (orcs forgot the disturbing presence there). 

Orc thrower at the start of their third turn:

unknown.png

Orc thrower at the start of my third turn:

unknown.png

Orc thrower at the start of their fourth turn (next to two nurgle players, one with stand firm):

unknown.png

Orc thrower at the start of my fourth turn:

unknown.png

Orc thrower at the start of their fifth turn (next to a nurgle player):

unknown.png

Orc thrower at the start of my fifth turn:

unknown.png

Orc thrower at the start of their sixth turn (next to two nurgle players without protection):

unknown.png

Conclusion: Probably the thrower should had been in more protected places during their attack drive. Miscalculated attack.

- Key moments - second half 7.

In this moment they could hit our carrier with one dice (their 13th turn) but caged him in a way that needed five extra steps.

This was the start of their turn:

unknown.png

They ended it like this:

unknown.png

This defense formation gives my carrier the opportunity to free himself with a blitz and does not protects the sides.

Regarding these the orcs can put up a similar defense but with just one extra step included and having a back player to protect the run.

unknown.png

Conclusion: Use of too much going for its without real gain. Miscalculated defense. 

What went well:

No deaths tonight. This will be our default "What went well" statement :D

It seems this season was about the two player vanity runs. I think I developed in that attack form a bit. 

Developement:

- Cucumber Craft (Rotter) joined the team.
- Lemon Cure (Rotter) [Lvl 2; Wrestle] suffered a -1 AV injury and left the team.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD9

Just in time to whine about our last game. We met a kislev team, good jumping skills, lots of injuries. Our main goal was to gather star player points on our key players because two nurgle warriors was 1 points and two pestigors was 2 points from level up, even a third nurgle warrior and the beast was in MVP level up range (5 spp and 4 spp from level up). Of course, we needed a win to maintain some dignity after eight hard games but gathering experience was more important.

Eagle Force One (Kislev):

1.) Strengths: 

They fielded three blitzers which meant three diving tackle. They developed two mighty blow players, not that bad but we had to focus on our injuries as well. However they had 2 wrestle, tackle; two wrestle, guard players and a wrestle, mighty blow lineman. That is five wrestle combined with two guards which is nice.

This meant we had to protect the ball quite well. We have to mention their three most important players as well:

- Nestor Orlov, level 7 catcher with dodge, block, sure feat, sure hands, sprint, side step. He was their runner.
- Igor Sokolov, level 6 catcher with dodge, block, +1 ST, kick, sure hands combined with -1 MA, -1 AG and -1 AV. He was their thrower or carrier.

- Igor Romanov, level 4 blitzer with wrestle, guard, dodge.

We had to remove Nestor from the game as early as possible.

2.) Weakness:

They came with eleven players to the match due to injuries and we could induce a wizard and a bribe. They had four AV7 and an AV6 player and two niggling injuries. So the plan was to hit and foul. Not that complex but probably effective. We had two substitutes for the fouling.

1.) Sweltering heat. Not the best, we chose to defend in the first drive. They got a fifth re-roll. On their first turn they knocked out our dirty player from the line and picked up the ball at the other end of the field. Not good.

unknown.png

2.) One of their players was near the sides so I planned a surf. He was the side stepper so I missed another side step but at least not in a very bad situation. Before that the beast based three ST3 players which was very good and we sent forward the dodge, wrestle pestigor to cause some pain in the backyard.

After the side stepper push we could even dodge away (1/3) with the nurgle warrior.

unknown.png

Next turn they freed their leftmost catcher (leftmost from this view) with a re-roll. It was a bit greedy because a push was re-rolled into a push but they had four more. They placed two of their catchers in scoring range and we tentacled two players (three players were next to the beast).

3.) We had to limit their passing play.

unknown.png

First, we hit some kislev. Two connected and we even blitzed the weaker catcher. Unfortunately that was just a push but at least he remained based. We put a nurgle warrior three tiles from their best player (1 disturbing presence there). With an extra step we based their back helper player to make the hand-off harder. We based their best player and with two extra steps we put a nurgle warrior 3 tiles away from both of their catchers. At the end we hit their last standing midfield player.

So we could base both of their catchers, both got two disturbing presence. We based the hand off and there were nobody standing at the middle of the pitch.  The best scoring threat was a blitzer one extra step from the touchdown line and under just one disturbing presence.

unknown.png

I was extremely proud of the guys to pull off this defence.

4.) They tried to jump up or blitz my nurgle warrior away so their blitzer would be free from any disturbing thoughts. It failed due the mighty foul appearance. So far so good. The re-rolled the pass and it was good (re-rolled 1/3), they even catched the ball (1/2). However the last step failed. We had a free ball to collect. 

unknown.png

We surrounded the ball with three warriors and even hit one catcher. The question was that we try the pick up with our free pestigor or we finish the cage and try to free our sure hands pestigor from the side stepper catcher grasp.

We finished the cage and blitzed Nestor Orlov.

unknown.png

Knock out! We just had to pick up the ball. But we failed that :gutted:

unknown.png

At least the ST5, block nurgle warrior catched the rebound.

5.) With two extra steps (on re-rolled) they based our nurgle warrior carrier. Came the dodge blitz and with one dice (1/2) it connected. The scatter was not good.

unknown.png

They freed their wrestle, dodge blitzer from the beast's hug (15/36) and went next to the ball. 

6.) We started to clear the surroundings of the ball and based as many players as we could.

unknown.png

We arrived to another decesion. Should we pick up the ball or just move next to it? We tried to pick up the ball (75% pick up with a re-roll) but failed again (Conclusion: Too early pick up) :wacko:

unknown.png

7.) They pushed away our ball protector (8/9), dodged away (8/9) from our nurgle warrior to place a blitzer on our touchdown line. They dodged with their catcher (5/6), picked up the ball (5/6) and tried an extra step pass (5/6; 5/6) with a re-roll and catched it (2/3).

They scored on their fifth turn. Not good but we had four more turns to score.  

8.) And it was gone. Both team gained a bonus turn which made it more scarier.

unknown.png

At least the knocked out dirty player came back so we started our attack phase 7 against 10. We did not remember the kick skill but the situation was not that bad at the start of the turn.

unknown.png

We ran back with a blitz and picked up the ball with the other pestigor. We needed the beast at the back for protection but he refused to play.

unknown.png

9.) They attacked us with full force.

unknown.png

We freed our carrier and ran towards the sideline.

unknown.png

They could blitz us and our carrier was hit. The scatter was not that bad. However, they surrounded us completely.

unknown.png

Next turn the beast was out again. We could pick up the ball but missed the order of dodge. We dodged with a pestigor next to a diving tackle player (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense).

unknown.png

I skipped to re-roll this. 

10.) On their seventh turn they knocked out a rotter. They could hit my carrier again and the scatter was good enough.

unknown.png

They picked up the ball, handed it over and scored. 2 - 0 for their side.

11.) We had two turns to cause some damage.

unknown.png

We put a pestigor in scoring range but nothing more. We needed our last re-roll for that.

unknown.png

At the end we fouled and injured a wrestle, tackle player. At least he would not come back for the second half.

12.) They fouled us back, our pestigor was injured and the regeneration failed :gutted:
On our last turn we hit and fouled again but there were no more injuries.  

Edited by Tallaseksut

Key moments - second half:

1.) The knocked out catcher came back but two kislev player could not come to the field. It was eleven against eight.

We could blitz their best catcher so we did that. The hit connected but the armor break was not there.

unknown.png

However the foul worked and with our bribe the nice rotter could stay on the field. Eleven against seven looked better now.

2.) We let them blitz our carrier (the foul opportunity on their best player was too tempting) and they did just that. They got a push and did not re-roll the one dice hit.

We could move forward and stun two kislev players during the process. We even fouled their blitzer from last turn. Another knock out and six little kislev stayed on the field.

unknown.png

They failed their second dodge next turn so we could continue our journey to the end zone. We stunned their second best catcher and moved forward. We wasted a re-roll on basing their last wrestle, tackle player in our back. Unfortunatly the re-roll failed so we could not foul this turn. 

unknown.png

They hit our ST5 nurgle warrior and ran with their tackle piece.

We moved the cage and lost our last re-roll on a double skull block. We based their wrestle player and fouled a catcher. It was just a stun :gutted:

3.) Without any re-roll we faced a hard decision. 

unknown.png

Should we try to score in our 13th turn or should we try to pass the ball to a 5 SPP nurgle warrior who was part of the cage and could score in a later turn.

We injured a kislev player with our block warrior and blitzed another one. After the blitz we fouled a lying catcher with the kick skill. This time it was a knock out. We decreased their numbers to four. It was time to score.

4.) However Nuffle was funny that day.

unknown.png

Their last four turns (and our last three) started seven against four.

At least the scatter was good.

unknown.png

5.) They surrounded the ball and we missed a wizard there (Conclusion: Bad wizard usage).

unknown.png

We hugged them with the beast and chose to blitz the carrier for a 3/4 knock down (and move him out of the beast range). It was a push :gutted:

We surrounded the ball and went forward with two players.

unknown.png

It was time for an end turn wizard.

unknown.png

Just a stun on the catcher :wacko:

6.) They blitzed our rotter with a leap and pushed the ball away.

unknown.png

The scatter was bad. They dodged away (2/3) and picked up the ball (1/2). They missed the last dodge twice (8/9). 

7.) Here we arrived to another fun part of the story. We are almost at the end and I really thought it was that (Conclusion: Very bad awareness).

unknown.png

So after we pushed away their blitzer we picked up the ball (2/3) and went for a pass.

unknown.png

Before that successful extra step I realized that it was not our last turn. So our dilemma was to just go away from the lying catcher and stay there or pass as well.

We chose the pass...

unknown.png

Turnover :P

8.) They were extremely happy with this, based our passing rotter, leaped (5/6), picked up the ball (5/6), used an extra step (5/6) and after a successful pass (re-rolled 1/2) even catched it (2/3). It was a good setup for the third goal. They even blocked our path to prevent an easy, two extra step basing on their carrier.  

unknown.png

We hit them at the end and fouled one for nothing. They scored and it was 3 - 1 for them.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD9 - Summary

We lost and finished our second season with 2-3-4 but more about that in the season summary.

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half 6.

We will check the pick up before the first touchdown. 

unknown.png

Here we can base their two blitzers. One with a nurgle warrior and the other with the pestigor. The closest one should be based from the front with the pestigor (5 movement) while the other kislev blitzer could be based from the downer left tile as we did it.

This way the dodge with the blitzer is the same (or to free him with a blitz is the same) to get him into scoring position but we have two nurgle warriors on the ball who are hard to push away and the simple pick up is an 50% action with another dodge included (5/6) and the pass is a bit more difficult (24/36 rather than 25/36). All in all the difference is one dice throw (a 8/9 against a 1/2 chance).

Conclusion: Too early pick up. We should had waited another turn with the action.

What went well:

No deaths tonight. This will be our default "What went well" statement :D

Checking the turn numbers is very important.

Developement:

- Salty Addons (Pestigor) grew an extra arm :D

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 (The OCC - T4) - Division 4C - Summary

We reached the end of our second season. We predicted a sixth place for ourselves but underperformed that bet. The season was rough and the team suffered its first losses in experienced players and even Death knocked on our door.

We encountered more complex problems and maybe luck was not as much on our side as last year. I'm sure we developed a lot in scoring in fierce situations. 

Due to some trickery and magic we will enroll in Tier 4 - Division 4C again. This time it will be different. Compared to the start of last season we only have one level up on rotters instead of three. He is our dirty player, king of the stompers and master of the malt. Meanwhile, we gathered two blocks on our nurgle warriors, a block and a wrestle on two pestigors. Even our retriever mutated into a more reliable player. Nurgle bless him.

Next season we will fight without any setbacks. It is time to win a title.

Edited by Tallaseksut

• 2 weeks later...

Third season started this week. With this my nurgle team outlived my former necromantic one. Let's take a look at my oppponents

League: The OCC - T4
Competition: S23 - Division 4C

Opponents:

- [OCC] WAAAGH! (Orc)
- Concede? (Dwarf)
- Deaths Door Knob (Undead)
- Blu Cheeze (Skaven)
- brave runners (Skaven)
- StoneFoot Stompers (Chaos Dwarf)
- Vicious Virtuosi (Dark Elf)
- Desert Rats 7AB (Skaven)
- Chaotic Sacrafice (Chaos)

This division contains well developed teams combined with one season survivors. First match day we faced against Concede?. We could beat them in our first season with getting less blocks and giving hard punches. 

Concede? (Dwarf):

1.) Strengths: 

The dwarves became stronger and that was a problem. They could field 6 guard players, one with dodge and two with stand firm skills. They gathered 5 mighty blow during their journey and one was on the troll slayer who even learned piling on and tackle as well, mixed with his basic frenzy skill. To have more options one of their runners became a sacker player with wrestle and tackle.

2.) Weakness:

Their average movement speed was bad as usual and they had a deathroller which was only good for one drive (probably attacking).

S23 - Division 4C - MD1

Because of the team value difference we could hire a wizard and with some own money we bought kegs from the Bloodweiser brand (one Bloodweiser Babe).

1.) They started their attacking drive with the deathroller on the field.

unknown.png

First piling on was a knock out on a rotter. Not a good start but it was probable. They stunned a rotter as well but that early a stun is just a little nuisance. They protected their lying piling on player with two long beards from a front foul and moved forward with three players on out left side.

unknown.png

2.) We moved the beast near their killer to hug his two protectors and ran forward with two pestigors.

unknown.png

3.) They diminished the risks of getting hit with blitzing our front pestigor and kept the ball deep in their field.

We punched them a little and dodged away from their deathroller to avoid the foul (it had dirty player as well).

unknown.png

They could stun another rotter in their third turn but it was still okay. After losing a re-roll they tried to hit my beast with their piling on player but after the first push the going for it failed. We got a chance to base their carrier with our dodge, wrestle piece.

unknown.png

At the end we tried to foul their lying guard, stand firm player but the referee sent off our innocent rotter. At least we got a stun out of it.

4.) On their fourth turn the "Hit the beast game" started. After freeing their carrier they tried to push him away to free two long beards but he stayed in one place and the second block was denied by his fearsome appearance. The beast stand his ground after another push. The third dwarf could hit him with a block but the armour break was not there and it meant that probably he would stand up there next turn as well hugging three dwarves.

At the end they ran back with their carrier.

unknown.png

5.) The beast stood up. We freed our block pestigor and with one extra step he moved closer to the carrier. He was followed by our dodge pestigor who escaped the deathroller. We could even dodge away with our third pestigor to have a backup plan if they broke our defense.

unknown.png

6.) Another foul appearance denied their break through with the deathroller. They formed a cage at the half line. Meanwhile, the hit the beast game continued. After a red dice push the second dwarf could hit him with the help of his dauntless skill, piling on was not included.

7.) It was time to wizard up! Unfortunately, we could just hit the deathroller but this gave us a chance to attack their carrier with our wrestlegor (stand firm denied to base him with the nurgle warrior from front and the carrier's fend denied the follow up after the blitz).

unknown.png 
But before that the beast stood up again! The wrestlegor hit connected and the scatter was good.

unknown.png

8.) They hit a nurgle warrior with the deathroller and pushed away the ball behind the other nurgle warrior. It had just one protector. After that they continued to play our game. First hit was denied by the beast's appearance once again. They gave it up for a while and with a re-roll they picked up the ball (3/4 with a re-roll). The carrier tried to dodge away but failed the re-roll as well. The ball was free again.

unknown.png

9.) We stood up with a nurgle warrior and placed another one next to the ball. We dodged away from the deathroller with our retriever and picked up the ball (extra arms is still handy :D ).

We tried to pull back another pestigor to help the carrier but after the successful blitz we failed the dodge twice as well.

unknown.png

10.) They could not hit our carrier but managed to put two players in scoring range (one with one and the other with two extra steps away from the touchdown line). They formed a nice wall around our carrier and tried their luck on the beast with red dice again. The beast could hit back and caused an injury.

unknown.png

They used to apothecary to bandage the dwarf's wounds. He joined the substitutes for now.

11.) We had to choose a direction where to go. After successfully hitting a dwarf who was next to our carrier and pushing another one away to make room for our pestigor, running left seemed more suitable with a blitz.

unknown.png

The carrier moved an extra step to be 2 squares away from the line. After that I realized we could have a scoring threat if we moved four extra steps with the remaining rotter on the field. This turn we successfully took the first two extra steps. 
 unknown.png

12.) Unfortunately the deathroller had break tackle as well. So he dodged and blitzed our carrier. The hit connected. After hitting my pestigors in the middle of the field, and knocking one out, they tried to pick up the ball. The dodge was successful, the pick up was good but both of us forgot the disturbing presences. The pass failed and they failed the re-rolled, double catch.

unknown.png

13.) Scoring here was not that probable so we hit the dwarves first even with the beast because we realized he needed just 2 SPP to level up. After four hits we pickied up the ball and passed it (1/3 successful rate). The catch was good two, we just needed two extra steps.

unknown.png

1 - 0 for the nurgle brewmasters!

1.) With a touchdown lead we started our attack drive and the deathroller was out of the game. They got a blitz and stunned a rotter :gutted:
unknown.png

We returned the favour and stunned a long beard. We formed a cage and in the end tried to run with a pestigor which failed.

unknown.png

They stunned a pestigor in their first real turn. It was still okay. They tried to hit the beast again but he stood his ground three times.

unknown.png

We could dodge away, with a help of a re-roll, in our tenth turn. We held the ball at the midfield and tried to stall as much as possible.

unknown.png

In their tenth turn they could knock down the beast but even the piling on could not break his armor. However, it gave us a chance to foul. The fortunate part was that our dirty player became free at the end of their turn because of an one dice failed block from a dwarf.

unknown.png

So after moving a little to the left we fouled.

unknown.png

Injury, good bye killer troll slayer :sir:

3.) In their eleventh turn they used up their last re-roll. That was good. We moved back a bit in our twelveth turn and stalled constantly. We tried to foul their stand firm dwarf again but it was not effective.

unknown.png

4.) They stunned the beast in their twelveth turn. Sad times :gutted:

We were clearing our surroundings but missed two blocks. We could re-roll the first but the next one was a turnover.

unknown.png

Without a re-roll they missed a red dice just before clearing a path for a blitz against our carrier.

unknown.png

5.) It was time to run and they left us a path between two groups of dwarves (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense). We just needed some push for that. But before the run the beast stood up again! We lost our last re-roll to complete our moves but at least most of the dwarves were far enough.

unknown.png

6.) We survived a one dice blitz (1/2) and a rotter was stunned but it was still okay.

unknown.png

We injured their brave attacker who had wrestle and tackle as well. Because we could hit their basing player on the spot our third pestigor freed himself with a blitz. It was important because we needed to score with him.

unknown.png

It would had been certain that we would score but we needed a handoff for that which made it harder. We managed to do that after some blocks :sir:

unknown.png

At the end they blocked our three rotters on the line but it was just another stun. First game, first win against a strong foe :cool:

Edited by Tallaseksut