The Wardancer Who Will Die This Wednesday

Galenth

Hello there Hive Mind, 

long time no see. Last time I asked counsel it was for an agi6 Dark Elf Blitzer, and I can assure you that the combo leap and sure hands won me many a match in the Championship he played.

I come to you again for a player who already plays with a target behing his back. And on his chest. And on any other open surface.

The Wardancer 'Tiny Dancer' from by Songs from the Woods team reached level 5. He already has Strenght 4, frenzy and tackle.

With a normal roll I'd have taken strip ball or sidestep, and yet he rolled a 5+5. What would you pick?

• +1 mov seems the most viable.
  • MB is tempting and will help offset some field removal. I already have a MB+tackle wardancer but he has armour 6, won't last long.
  • Jaggernaut seems a good combo with frenzy and will help on 1TTD attempt, but otherwise I see limited use. I admit I've often been wrong on this skill.

So, Oh Great and Powerfull Hive Mind, what shall we select for The Wardancer Who Will Die This Wednesday?

No bad choices. Don't forget that juggernaut is great for cancelling stand firm, wrestle and fend, and those pesky both downs that don't do anything against block opponents. It's always underestimated.

MA is the obvious choice because MA, but woodies aren't exactly lacking speed. Do you find yourself having to GFI often due to frenzy/positioning? If so, that would confirm MA as the safe choice.

Otherwise, if you want to simply hit harder, MB. If you want to disrupt your opponents in high TV environment, Juggernaut.

I tend to find giving MB to elves makes them useless at hitting, but your dice may be better.

I think the Mick Jaggernaut is a fun and powerful complement to frenzy and str 4 as it opens up a lot of surf options on pieces that their coach might think is safe a step away from the side line. And since you already have high MA, you can threaten both side lines at ones if you're in the middle of the pitch, which is pretty awesome.

16973144_303.jpg

But for general value, the +MA is solid. MB on an elf will make him a huge target, though I guess those muscles will help. It's a boring choice but not a bad one.

1 hour ago, Galenth said:

The Wardancer did not indeed die, and Juggernaut worked marvellously, pushing twice a stand firm Nurgle Warrior to put a catcher into scoring position at turn 16.

Shame that dumbass Syd Barret failed the short pass!

I’m also disappointed in myself. With both Syd and the wonder-Wardancer in ideal fouling positions I decided to score instead.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Galenth said:

It does but it fits with the theme: 11 elves, 9 permanent injuries. The treeman is str bust as well.

The wardancer is at 72spp, I might just bring him to superstar and retire it there.

My favourite is Born to Run having -MA.