Boing, Boing, Dead

wismerhill

• 2 weeks later...

tonight is a big game. a win will keep me (theoretically) in the race for the div win, a loss will kick me out of top 3 as 1-5 are very close atm.

we will face high elves with 1 blodge 3 dodge players, but also 2 loners and just 2 RR. sadly they do have a wizard, so its gonna be an exciting game..

md8 will ge tplayed on thursady morning vs woodelves with 4 blodge, o I am hoping for some lvlups so i can get some tackle

Edited by wismerhill

so MD7 vs @txlanhualpec and his high elves 2 loners and a wizard (which he didnt even need this game)

we win the toss and receive. sweltering heat.. The (by me) most hated kickoff result, but it didnt really influence the game this time around

Blodge catcher gets BH'd and a Helf gets sent of for fouling the bear.

speaking about the bear:

KkQE5RP.jpg

7/16 boneheads failed and at least 3 on key moments, when he did participae he could dent the Helf armor (overall I had 6/41 AV breaks).

in the first 5 turns I had 5 hit on the BC, got him down twice, but got pushes on the rest. I just wasnt able to profit from bad dice from the helves. I do feel i played my options, but just didnt get what i needed.

Last shot was bd bd after reroll was spent, so 0-1 at half time

So i receive get the ball, lose it and then my dice went arctic cold. i could get helves down, where txlan didnt need a single RR the entire half, so 0-2 by T12. i just opted to go for some Dirty Git points, but couldnt even get those. lost 0-3

YVTpRqX.jpg

I lvld my rookie catcher who got dodge and a lino who got tackle.

Team is starting to look good for t4 and since i dont compete for top 3 anymore i can focus on fouling as much as possible the last 2 games

MD8 vs woodelves with 3 blodgers, lvld wardancers and a wizard. So i do hope to get a lot of DG points in whilst losing 0-3 again ;)

Edited by wismerhill

As said, i went all in for the fouling. lost 0-5

made 12 fouls

3 Ko

1bh

4 sent off

couldnt break av7 with blocks

lvld 2 lineman 1 got block 1 got dp, bought 3rd catcher

up to 13 players. most lvl 2

i think my md9 is a admin win, so teams looking good for t4, albeit that tv 1500ish is a tad high allready

• 2 weeks later...

md9 admin win, so the season ends in 6th place

full team of 13

3 catchers (1 blodge, 1 rookie, 1 dodge AG5!!!)

2 blitzers (1 rookie, 1 block guard)

bear (BT)

7 lineman (1 wrestle, 1 tackle, 1 block,1 dp)

so a healthy, albeit expensive (tv 1550ish) team for t4 next season!

Edited by wismerhill

:lizard: Elarion - Urga Thora - Lizardman - -

#2 5d last season. TV 1270, couple of block saurii

:undead: TYS123 - Ghoulsish Goons - Undead - -

#3 5b, but winning dirty git and bounty hunter. TV 1470 mostly due to a very large bench, used to make a lot of fouls..

:lizard: Andal - Cold Blood Champions - Lizardman - -

Cant find this team anywhere, must be a returning team

:delf: BumFillups - Delft Blue Redux - Dark Elf - -

#4 in 5D couple of blodge and 2 AG5 elves

:kislev: wismerhill - Boing, Boing, Dead - Kislev - -

TV 1550 13 players fully intact Kislevites

:lizard: szurke291 - Full Makákók - Lizardman - -

1370 lizzie team, no real outstanding players

:welf: frick you - Mens go for balls - Wood Elf - -

1260 blodged up welf team, lost 0-5 last season, but that was because i took the loss in order to try to win the dirty git contest, so maybe we will get a real match this time.

:necro: Pointblank93 - Necro Machine - Necromantic - -

1360 necro with a scary wolf, rest is pretty much what one would expect

:undead: Vlakenhol - The UnDeli - Undead - -

no info on this team

:khemri: Varrus - Sekh's Machines - Khemri -

TV 1000 new team who got randomlyt rolled in T4 instead of T5 GL @Varrus

Not too bad i guess. Will be giving away a lot of inducements till i start to lose players

Edited by wismerhill

3 hours ago, wismerhill said:

TV 1000 new team who got randomlyt rolled in T4 instead of T5 GL @Varrus

Thanks @wismerhill- I think i'll need it! I can't say I'm thrilled to be playing a new team against some established opponents and great coaches! Inducements are fun but using star players can be a terrible way to steal SPP from your new players... guess i'll just have to get lots of bribes and DP skeletons... Maybe I can even give @Tys123 some competition for the boot award! ;)

On the plus side there is only 1 MB/Claw I can see so far on one of the teams so hopefully I will get at least one season played before my Tomb Guardians start to get clawed to pieces!

Also I suspect that the other 2 teams without any info are brand new teams. It would make some sense to place all the fresh teams in Tier 4 in the same division so they get a few even match-ups at least!

11 minutes ago, Varrus said:

Thanks @wismerhill- I think i'll need it! I can't say I'm thrilled to be playing a new team against some established opponents and great coaches! Inducements are fun but using star players can be a terrible way to steal SPP from your new players... guess i'll just have to get lots of bribes and DP skeletons... Maybe I can even give @Tys123 some competition for the boot award! ;)

On the plus side there is only 1 MB/Claw I can see so far on one of the teams so hopefully I will get at least one season played before my Tomb Guardians start to get clawed to pieces!

Also I suspect that the other 2 teams without any info are brand new teams. It would make some sense to place all the fresh teams in Tier 4 in the same division so they get a few even match-ups at least!

Nah I think @Andal is a returning coach, so he will have 1 season on his team

@Vlakenhol is unknown , but I think (s)he might be the one who volunteered to get in T4 instead of T5.. silly him/her

Edited by wismerhill

12 hours ago, wismerhill said:

OCC champ Varrus

Lol - I WISH! I did manage to take my Brets to the Champs division twice, but I always got smashed to bits by the claws (and also I was inconveniently matched against much better coaches which also didn't help!).:D

I do seem to get confused with @Count Mathassometimes because he also had Brets, but as he is actually quite a strong coach he was the Bret who managed to win OCC in S21.

So I decided to try something else and I've cleverly picked a team that has only one thing going for it... on AV9 players with decay.... Because I clearly don't hate claw enough! :clown:

I was hoping to have some nice low-TV games where I could get back to basics for a season or two and focus on positioning... but on reflection being down TV almost every game will just make it even more important for me to be precise with placement. So... yay?

6 hours ago, Varrus said:

Lol - I WISH! I did manage to take my Brets to the Champs division twice, but I always got smashed to bits by the claws (and also I was inconveniently matched against much better coaches which also didn't help!).:D

I do seem to get confused with @Count Mathassometimes because he also had Brets, but as he is actually quite a strong coach he was the Bret who managed to win OCC in S21.

So I decided to try something else and I've cleverly picked a team that has only one thing going for it... on AV9 players with decay.... Because I clearly don't hate claw enough! :clown:

I was hoping to have some nice low-TV games where I could get back to basics for a season or two and focus on positioning... but on reflection being down TV almost every game will just make it even more important for me to be precise with placement. So... yay?

Yup i mixed you two up, but still you had a couple of championship season

So MD1 vs @Varrus and his rookie Khemri

he took Sethekk, a Dp skellie, a bribe and a RR

I won the toss and opted to kick. The kick was short and in his left field, perfect

On his T1 after some blocking and getting a TZ on the ball on of the TG did what they do. 3die block with skulls and BD's Rr'd into 3 BD's. Turnover

The sun was  bright, but i opted to ignore that fact throughout the game. Its usually the best tactic and works wonders vs Diving Tackle and the likes as well. Just dont acknowledge the existence.  Short story shorter, My AG5 catcher got the ball and another players scored.

2nd drive started worse, but i got enough shots at the ball to get it loose with my AG5 catcher doin the work, so 2-0, although Sethekk did try to make it hard for me with his Stripballing

3rd drive more of the same, so 3-0

4th drive couldve been 4-0, but 2 snake eyes in a row, or as the Khemri call it: Double Assps, the ball was taken onto my half for the first time. During this my blodge catcher got niggled, but brought to MNG and a lino got MNG's as well. I had 1 shot at the ball, but it wasnt enough and with 2 GFI's on t16, the Khemri scored the 3-1

some points to take home:

Dont arrange a match when you have 90 minutes to play, construction workers in your house needing stuff etc

AG5 is as good as it sounds

not facing a wizard is great

rookie blitzer got guard

rookie catcher rolled double, so guard as well

I did buy a 14th player ( a lino), so i have 12 next game

next game is vs @Andal as his 1720 lizards, meaning ill have a wizard and a bribe, still its lizards, so can go any way

Edited by wismerhill

• 2 weeks later...

MD2 vs @Andal and his TV 1660 ( i think he sacked 2 skinks), so we get a wizard and its 12 vs 12

couple of block MB suari, a ag4 skink, some DT, itll be fine....

while getting on the field the Kislevites are somewaht confused as they sense something familiar yet not familiar, as is the cold blood should be running through their veins as well. This does distract them during the entirety of the match as they cant shake the feeling off.

What's the Difference Between a Frog and a Toad? | Britannica

He wins the toss and opts to receive which is fine by me. We get a perfect defence, but the ball cause offfield.

LoS blocks get 1 stun and a foul (rolled double, but Sneaky Git skink) is a KO, the lizards build a cage of sorts

So we can leap in, sack the BC but cant pick it up. This scenarios repeats itself for a couple of turns. Skink gets ball, I sack the BC, but cant get the ball..  Meanwhile the bear starts pushing a saurus to the edge of the field. Desperately the saurus tries a 2die uphill when he is on the edge but skull sit and the bear injures him.

A Close Up On A Big Angry Bear. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free  Image. Image 2106565.

Halfway the first half the skinks get their hands on the ball and runs in the TD.

Kickoff and we build a nice sideline cage

in comes a random skink with a 1die block with no skills skull-rr-pow.. sigh at least we get to surf that skink for an injury. we get the ball and run it away. not far enough though as the dodging BC gets sacked and stunned. To have shot at a TD the bear need to push a saurus but get BDBD and fails the loner.. 0-1 halftime

Why not use the wizard in this bit you say? well, there never was a moment where i figured a succesful wizard would lead to a TD and I wanted to safe him either my offence or his defens after my fast score in the 2nd half... Oh im a sweet summer child...

The 2nd half was exciting for about 2 turns. I had 2 shots at a TD a 3+ catch 1-RR-2

and a 3+ pass which fumbled

after that it was failed pickups, missed leaps vs knocked out Kislevites, etc. i dit manage to stop the lizard scoring their 2nd TD, but that was all there was to do.

so 0-1 end

Bear is 1 spp away from lvl

14 players next match vs blodged up emos with 2 loners and 300k inducements

md3 vs 11 emos a wizard a bribe and a babe

I had serveal succesfull sack attempts, but hte ball rarely landed fortunate. I was en route to score 3-2 when total elf BS worked, the ball went OOB and then landed out of reach for me and made the 2-3 TD possible.

2-3 loss where i was winning the game till turn 13. i outplayed the opposition, but from t13 on he could fail nothing and everything went his way. he didnt even need to use the wizard to win.

No more need to play for top3, so I can focus on Dirty Git again, that feels liberating

blodge catcher got sidestep and bear got block, so theres that

wp @BumFillups

Edited by wismerhill

1 hour ago, wismerhill said:

md3 vs 11 emos a wizard a bribe and a babe

2-3 loss where i was winning the game till turn 13. i outplayed the opposition, but from t13 on he could fail nothing and everything went his way. he didnt even need to use the wizard to win.

No more need to play for top3, so I can focus on Dirt Git again, that feels liberating

longer report later

blodge catcher got sidestep and bear got block, so theres that

wp @BumFillups

...truly was an elfish win, got way out played, and way too lucky. Not sure if will make you feel better or not, but we did indeed use up our Wiz, T9 😛 So, took lot’s of elf-stuff, luck, AND a Wiz!

vwp @wismerhill👍 

Awards

8 hours ago, BumFillups said:

...truly was an elfish win, got way out played, and way too lucky. Not sure if will make you feel better or not, but we did indeed use up our Wiz, T9 😛 So, took lot’s of elf-stuff, luck, AND a Wiz!

vwp @wismerhill👍 

Ah so the Wiz was used. Mustve been when i was getting a drink then.

• 2 weeks later...

and just like that Nuffle throws you a bone..

vs @Szurke291 and his -360 lizzies.

he took a chef that tooka whopping 1 RR the entire match.

almost everything worked and with no wizard i could freely move and so the skills kicked in (on the players that is)

5-0 win

ag5 dodge catcher rolled double got NoS

guard catcher got + mv

TV 1700ish now with 12 players... And i have the gold to buy a Wiz stadium. But do i....

Edited by wismerhill