2022 Norse Rules

Javelin

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/04/12/raid-the-blood-bowl-pitch-with-the-boozy-new-norse-team-rules/

Players

Lineman, Block, Thick Skull, Drunkard

Berserker, Block, Frenzy, Jump Up

Ulfwerener, Frenzy

Valkyrie, Pass, Catch, Dauntless, Strip Ball

Beer Boar, STR 0!, o Hands, Pick-Me-Up

Drunkard is -1 to Rush, but the linemen now have thick skull.

Norse benefit from the new skill system because as many lineman as you want can be guaranteed Guard as their first skill. Assuming the valkyries are expensive, I'd probably ignore them in a TV1000 eternal league build and feed TDs to everyone else first. Zerks to get MB/Tackle asap, Ulfs get Block/Guard, and at least two Linemen get Guard. Then worry about developing a ball carrier.

Boars being weaker than flings doesn't make sense to me at all. Actual boars would be St4. Should have called them piglets or something.

2 hours ago, brocCooLi said:

two valkyries with NoS and dump off running together. maybe not wortth it in tv, but good luck taking the ball.

They are probably 3+ pass and AG3 so will fluff the pass or catch 1 in every 5 attempts and you don't even need to roll a pow.

Need accurate and diving catch as well to make it "safe"

42 minutes ago, Tys123 said:

They are probably 3+ pass and AG3 so will fluff the pass or catch 1 in every 5 attempts and you don't even need to roll a pow.

Need accurate and diving catch as well to make it "safe"

well, i was thinking you have blodge on them as well at least. but yeah, 3+ 3+ might not be worth doing the combo for.

A few thoughts:

• It's worth having 1 beer boar on the pitch for two reasons - the threat of the Pick-Me-Up and as a mobile assist and/or fouler.
  • A star player with GUARD!!!
  • Thorsson is a lineman with worse agility and Loner. He costs more that triple a lineman for a special skill that can be a de facto second blitz at a crucial moment or cause a turnover - totally OP as long as you roll 3+. 
  • The synergy between Thick Skull and Pick Me Up is nice. 
  • Jump up is less good without pile on, but means the berserker is about the only player I think is a good candidate for DP/PileDriver. MB/Tackle/Juggs is still better, but if I rolled a random skill on a berserker and got Piledriver, I'd have fun with it.
  • The positioning and cage/line breaking potential will cause problems for unwary opponents. 
    • Surprise free blocks from Pick-Me-Up. 
    • Ivar on defence means the opposing cage needs 2 squares of separation to be safe. That's a huge positioning challenge. On offense, same for elf columns or similar.
    • Thorsson is the ultimate glass cannon. Once per drive, best sacker in the game as long as you roll a 3+. Opponents will want to keep the ball carrier and cage corners more than 3 squares away. Or he rolls a 1 and ends your turn.