Jump to content

Preferred time option for BB3


Pidpad

Time option for BB3  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

because of the clock rolling during animations, the 4 min clock is actually shorter than the bb2 3min turn times... on the turns you need more time it really is a problem, I imagine 3 mins is even harder... in bb2 the pauses for animations actually gave you a chance to think so even 1min turns weren't that fast, you just had to identify an early safe block and then use the time from the block to work out your turn.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Khornight said:

because of the clock rolling during animations, the 4 min clock is actually shorter than the bb2 3min turn times... on the turns you need more time it really is a problem, I imagine 3 mins is even harder... in bb2 the pauses for animations actually gave you a chance to think so even 1min turns weren't that fast, you just had to identify an early safe block and then use the time from the block to work out your turn.

 

 

The answer is....turn off animations? Or longer turn times?

I'm a fan of the shorter overall game time, but it would be a shame to lose animations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Biggest problem of strict timers (both 3 and 4 min) is that you get only 30 sec for ALL your decisions during opponent's turn. If you have several sidesteppers/fenders/standfirmers you may easily run out of time - and then your best player gets injured and apo is autoskipped due to you wasting your 30 sec bank on other decisions.

 

Untill this timebank can be changed, competitive timer is the best option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I may not play S1 for other reasons, but if the timer is anything other than competitive, I definitely won't. I don't have the time nor patience for matches that last several hours. I do wish they let you customise the length of the competitive timer. It seems like an obvious option to add. But Cyanide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 5/19/2024 at 7:12 PM, cwctoby said:

 

The answer is....turn off animations? Or longer turn times?

I'm a fan of the shorter overall game time, but it would be a shame to lose animations.

"turning off animation" turns off the zooming in on specfic things like av breaks and tds... but the clock carries on rolling even when players are running around doing punches with animations off. You can actually queue actions in bb3, but it's hard to do with consistency, and most people don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


On 5/21/2024 at 9:31 PM, Rymdkejsaren said:

I may not play S1 for other reasons, but if the timer is anything other than competitive, I definitely won't. I don't have the time nor patience for matches that last several hours. I do wish they let you customise the length of the competitive timer. It seems like an obvious option to add. But Cyanide.

I don't think you are likely to have that as an excuse, looks pretty definitive that competative has won.

personally I'd like to be able to see us edit the time bank, wouldn't mind making the bank longer. maybe even making the turn timer 0 and only giving people bank :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...