Occ Elo Rankings

Tigga

Am I confusing FIDE rankings with Elo?

The highest Elo ever recoreded in our system. Wasn't quite clear.

FIDE uses the Elo ranking system, although I slightly more complicated system.

I made a graph! This shows 9 of the top 10 currently active teams. It was going to be all 10, but 'ö's are a real pain and I couldn't be bothered to work out how to fix it... so there was a slight edit. Sorry 2of1!

elograph.png

You can see the bodges I've used for the intial Elo rankings here with teams participating in Season 3 getting a healthy starting boost. I'm hoping that fairly soon I should be able to get hold of the full set of Season 1-3 match results (I have Season 1 already) so I can remove this bodge.

Nice work again Tigga. Can you alter the graph to show custom teams/players? I'd be interessted in the developement of my team and their upcoming opponents...

It's all fairly low level with no pretty interfaces at the moment. It's fairly easy for me to check out the history for teams, but it'd be a bit more work to make a web-interface to it.

I made a graph! This shows 9 of the top 10 currently active teams. It was going to be all 10, but 'ö's are a real pain and I couldn't be bothered to work out how to fix it... so there was a slight edit. Sorry 2of1!

Yeah I know, BBM doesnt like it either...

If I could change the teamname I probably would but as far as I know that isn't possible unless you got inside connections like Enarion...

Yeah I know, BBM doesnt like it either...

If I could change the teamname I probably would but as far as I know that isn't possible unless you got inside connections like Enarion...

You're not unique in having funny letters in your name so changing the team name wouldn't really alter anything.

Once I get the Season 2-3 data I'll post another graph. 'ö's probably should be better by then. It's almost certainly quite an easy fix... I was just making the graph for interest's sake and then decided to post it here!

You're not unique in having funny letters in your name so changing the team name wouldn't really alter anything.

Once I get the Season 2-3 data I'll post another graph. 'ö's probably should be better by then. It's almost certainly quite an easy fix... I was just making the graph for interest's sake and then decided to post it here!

Might be as easy as swapping to a "better" charset, UTF8 or some other kind of unicode charset instead of ANSI or whatever the americanized world usually use

Might be as easy as swapping to a "better" charset, UTF8 or some other kind of unicode charset instead of ANSI or whatever the americanized world usually use

Yup. The problem is that I'm using an old version of python for compatability with what is on the web server and annoying it's not simply a case of saying "Do everything in unicode". I thought I'd fixed everything (the tables work!) but clearly I have something lingering which I was too lazy to spend 10 minutes finding/fixing!

And it's not americanized! It's latinised!

A new highest Elo rating! Loren Wolves beat their old record of 1901 with a new score of 1905! Division 1 now looks like it's between Loren Wolves (1) and Bear Hunters (4) as both are five points clear of their rivals with three games remaining. At the current rate, Bear Hunters will soon overtake Squid Squad and Lee's Lizards to take the #2 Elo slot.

Top LE team is currently The Azure Eagles (Tier 4). After losing their first game a few weeks ago, they've jumped back up with a couple of wins, and sit two places ahead of the previous highest LE team, BrotherHood of Dusk.

If the current state of play is anything to go by next seasons Division 1 should see five of the top ten currently active teams participating while four of the top ten currently active are set to go down. That said, most divisions in Tier 2 are still very open, so who knows what we'll end up with?

If my calculations are right, the Saviours have played 72 games (not counting this season). With this season 78 games. ;)

Tigga you need to update your ELO rankings!

I think Tigga said that the first three seasons aren't available. Makes a bit of a difference but...

1. He adjusted starting values based on what division you were in season 4

2. More recent matches have a greater effect on your ELO ranking than old ones.

At least I think that's what I remember from skimming the thread...

Tom

I think Tigga said that the first three seasons aren't available. Makes a bit of a difference but...

1. He adjusted starting values based on what division you were in season 4

2. More recent matches have a greater effect on your ELO ranking than old ones.

At least I think that's what I remember from skimming the thread...

Tom

Yeah I understand that, but according to my stats, the Saviours are at: 44 wins 14 draws 14 losses after season 8. It's a bit different what this display here.

I think we can dig up the remaining data from season 1 to 3, to complete this ELO ranking.

Yeah I understand that, but according to my stats, the Saviours are at: 44 wins 14 draws 14 losses after season 8. It's a bit different what this display here.

I think we can dig up the remaining data from season 1 to 3, to complete this ELO ranking.

Admined games count too! :P

You should be at 7+13+9x6+6=80 (plus the World Cup playoff from season 4, which is another 0-3 games, probably 0 in your case as you were working at Cyanide at that point?) now, removing season 1-3 means you should be at 51, which you are. Bingo! :)

Admined games count too! :P

You should be at 7+13+9x6+6=80 (plus the World Cup playoff from season 4, which is another 0-3 games, probably 0 in your case as you were working at Cyanide at that point?) now, removing season 1-3 means you should be at 51, which you are. Bingo! :)

The Saviours have played 78 matches (included admined games). 79th match will be tomorrow evening. :)

S1 and S3 the Saviours played 7 matches.

S2 13.

Season 4 to the current season it's been 9 matches per season.