Occ Elo Rankings

Just some odd statistics while playing with the teams in the top 100 ELO rankings.

Number of teams in the top 100 by race:

1. Dark Elf - 15

2. Chaos - 14

3. Orcs - 12

4. Wood Elf - 10

5. High Elf - 8

6. Skaven - 6

6. Necro - 6

8. Lizardmen - 5

8. Dwarf - 5

10. Pro Elf - 4

10. Undead - 4

12. Norse - 3

12. Amazon - 3

12. Human - 3

15. Vampire - 1

15. Khemri - 1

Average rank for a race in the top 100

1. Lizardmen - 14.6

2. Chaos - 35.6

3. Pro Elf - 36

4. Skaven - 36.2

5. Norse - 43.3

6. Wood Elf - 45.2

7. Dark Elf - 49.7

8. Amazon - 50

9. High Elf - 53.8

10. Vampire - 60

11. Khemri - 62

12. Necro - 62.5

13. Orcs - 65.8

14. Dwarf - 75

15. Human - 77.7

16. Undead - 78.8

Again it probably doesnt mean much but it was fun to figure out. Kept me busy at work =.=

It's a shame the first 3 seasons aren't included because quite a lot of players had them determine their positions due to those.

Also rerolling is an important factor, someone rerolling to T7 is more likely to have a nice win record than someone staying in Tier 1-2.

And yes things will probably balance themselves with time regarding the LE teams.

It's a shame the first 3 seasons aren't included because quite a lot of players had them determine their positions due to those.

Yeah. Not much can be done about the first three seasons. I'm considering putting in bodge whereby teams in higher divisions in season 4 have a higher initial ranking. This should at least partially take into account Season 1-3's results. I'm thinking something like 50 point increments between the tiers, with tier 1 starting on 1650. This roughly tallies with where things are at at the moment anyway.

Also rerolling is an important factor, someone rerolling to T7 is more likely to have a nice win record than someone staying in Tier 1-2.

The thing with Elo is that win record isn't everything. There are numerous examples of this down the lists. Naecken has the same score as yourself, for example, however he's on 23-13-9 and you're on 23-8-14. He obviously has a better win record, but you achieved yours against higher rated opponents. Likewise we can compare Braka (1579, 23-8-13), Chirs (1620, 23-9-13) and Galdred (1656, 24-8-13) who have very similar win records, but quite a different Elo rating. If you reroll you'll potentially win more, but you'll also probably win more against lower ranked opponents and so will not climb as high up the lists. If you beat somebody 200 points lower than you you only get half as many points as you would if you beat somebody on the same score, and if you draw/lose to them you'll end up losing quite a few points.

And yes things will probably balance themselves with time regarding the LE teams.

Looking at the top 10, most of them have spent a significant time in Division 1, I'd say that's a good sign things are working as they should.

That said, I'd also like season 1-3 included, but I really doubt we'll find the relevant information anywhere. (Heck, I can't even remember who I played during the first season).

My first match ever in OCC was vs Dode and I was a stepping stone for Flix on his way to Division 1. The rest is a bit fuzzy. ;)

From what I can tell, Flix had exactly 18 stepping stones on his way to Division 1 and none of them could slow him down.

Ah yes. Back then the buzz was all "who is this guy? He's winning all the time!".

These days it's just "Oh, Flix won the title again" like it's a law of nature.

Flix is the Phil "The Power" Taylor of Orca.

Awards

It's all downloaded using the commands given here: http://94.23.239.117/BloodBowlManager.WebService.Public/PublicService.asmx by a python program I wrote. If anybody wants the source I'm happy to share.

It would be awsome to have a look at the source! I've been playing around with making some android apps using the bbm-stats (allthough other stuff has been taking too much time lately). This looks like a really good thing you've got going.

lol, look at me as the worst placed Div 1 team :D if I can find some wins this season I should be able to move up a bit. My team is missing scores from the first few seasons though being S1 Veterans.

It would be awsome to have a look at the source! I've been playing around with making some android apps using the bbm-stats (allthough other stuff has been taking too much time lately). This looks like a really good thing you've got going.

I'll PM you once I'm done poking this bit.

lol' date=' look at me as the worst placed Div 1 team :D if I can find some wins this season I should be able to move up a bit. My team is missing scores from the first few seasons though being S1 Veterans.

[/quote']

The aim is to take this into account in the next revision. At the moment I start all teams in Season 4 with 1500 points. I'm going to change this so that teams in tiers 1-3 start off above 1500 points.

I'll PM you once I'm done poking this bit.

The aim is to take this into account in the next revision. At the moment I start all teams in Season 4 with 1500 points. I'm going to change this so that teams in tiers 1-3 start off above 1500 points.

I guess that just means we'll earn more points for beating teams that started from Season 1-3, right?

That should probably keep me from dropping too far in the revision.

You have GOT to link those for those of us with proper smartphones (you know, the ones where Steve Jobs doesn't get to dictate what you can do with it :ham: )

Awards

Currently hit a snag with getting pretty tables/sigs embedded into the forum. For now, for all you stats freaks out there, you can visit these webpages for your basic, not very pretty, numbers.

http://bbm.islanube.com/coaches.php

http://bbm.islanube.com/teams.php

They'll update every hour and should be correct. The tables include all league and playoff games, but not feeder games. Teams in Div 1 in Season 4 are initialised with 1650 points, Divs 2a-2d are initilaised with 1615->1585 points and Div 3a->3d are initlaised with 1565->1535 points. Tiers 4 and 5, and all future entries, are initialised with 1500 points. K value remains at 32 for all matches.

Hopefully by this time next week all this will be presented in a much prettier embeddable way.