Goddammit, Wizard

Juriel

Seems getting Wizarded at the start of your own turn auto-stuns you now. Without an armor break happening, your players are still unable to get back up until your NEXT turn. Applies to both fireball and the lightning bolt.

Ngh. As if that thing needed a buff.

I've seen it in two of my own games now. The first time (4A, MD4, turn 12-ish) I fireballed opponent's players next to me, and wondered why my opponent didn't stand them back up. The second time (4A, MD5, turn 10) the opponent zapped my ball-carrier at the start of my own turn, and then I realized I could not stand that player up. Neither time were these players' armor broken.

Do you have similar experiences? I just wonder if it's 100% reproduceable.

Its probably beacuse the client says to itself that the player has been knocked down in your turn, and thus has 'acted' already this turn. I'm not sure though as I THINK I had a skink zapped, and he stood up, re-picked up the ball and scored. Could have been a different skink but I don't recall having ever noticed this effect or had a opp mention it.

Awards

I was always under the impression that a player that was hit by wizard old not be used the turn he was hit..

So if hit at beginning of a turn, can be used other wise no issue

Awards

I was always under the impression that a player that was hit by wizard old not be used the turn he was hit..

So if hit at beginning of a turn, can be used other wise no issue

Except the wizard isn't being used at the beginning of the turn, according to the rules...it's being used between turns.

Well,´just wanted to confirm that last time I used a wizard on my opponent (bolt) at the start of my own turn, and where I did not break his armour, he was able to move that piece normally in his turn. In fact he actually blitzed with it. Its in my MD4 this season (division 3D), towards the half of the seccond half. So in that case the wizard worked normally.

Seems this bug is not automatic. Something specific must be triggering it.

If you use it at the start of your own turn it behaves properly. It treats it as if you knocked the player down during your turn but didn't break armor, so they start their next turn down but not stunned.

If you use the Wizard at the end of your turn, it seems to treat it as if you're using the Wizard during your opponents turn. So, a player knocked down, without breaking armor, is still effectively treated as Stunned. He treats it as if he fell down during that player's turn rather than in a special time between turns.

If you use the Wizard at the end of your turn, it seems to treat it as if you're using the Wizard during your opponents turn. So, a player knocked down, without breaking armor, is still effectively treated as Stunned. He treats it as if he fell down during that player's turn rather than in a special time between turns.

Precisely this, the fix they made is cobbled together and appears to all intents and purposes to open a window of 15 seconds at the start of the opponent's turn, before their time starts, but nonetheless part of the next turn, not the end of the acting player's last turn. As such its effects have been a problem - causing dropped balls ending in turnovers, stunning players incorrectly, because they are happening on the wrong person's turn.

So nothing random at all - 100% reproducible, and regularly costing me games or at least TD:s.

But hey, at least wizards are often used at the beginning of the owners turn, so it's not every wizard game, only too damned often.

Awards

I'm not sure but, if someone knocked down by a wizard has Mighty Blow, is the MB supposed to apply to themselves? Cause it does.

I honestly don't remember reading anything that specific in the rules, but it doesn't make sense how my Chaos Warrior after getting struck by lightning only got injured because he applied his own MB to himself.

Precisely this, the fix they made is cobbled together and appears to all intents and purposes to open a window of 15 seconds at the start of the opponent's turn, before their time starts, but nonetheless part of the next turn, not the end of the acting player's last turn. As such its effects have been a problem - causing dropped balls ending in turnovers, stunning players incorrectly, because they are happening on the wrong person's turn.

...And disabling the AI, as you'll quickly notice if you play SP modes at all.

I'm not sure but, if someone knocked down by a wizard has Mighty Blow, is the MB supposed to apply to themselves? Cause it does.

I honestly don't remember reading anything that specific in the rules, but it doesn't make sense how my Chaos Warrior after getting struck by lightning only got injured because he applied his own MB to himself.

The bug is supposed to be that being hit by TTM applies a "hit to self" in Cyanide.

People knocked down by are struck by MB in the rules as well.

(There's a signature somewhere about reading the rules, I'm sure ;))

Make an Armour roll (and possible Injury as well) for any player that is Knocked Down as if they had been Knocked Down by a player with the Mighty Blow skill.

Awards

The Wizard counts as a Mighty Blow hit against all players, whether they have MB or not.

Both the Lightning Bolt and the Fireball count as being hit by MB if a player is successfully struck.

Man it is indeed shameless sloppy coding at best.

Wow. So, if I use the bolt at the end of my turn (which as you say, it is really a 15 second window in my opponent´s turn) and I bring my opponent´s ball carrier down making the ball lose, does my opponent lose his turn due to a false turnover (lose ball)?

I have been using wizards pretty much always at the start of my turn, but if I read you correctly doing it at the end of the turn is a game breaker, no?

Wow. So, if I use the bolt at the end of my turn (which as you say, it is really a 15 second window in my opponent´s turn) and I bring my opponent´s ball carrier down making the ball lose, does my opponent lose his turn due to a false turnover (lose ball)?

In my MD5 match my opponent zapped my ball-carrier down (at the start of my turn), and I was able to play normally, except I just could not order that (not armor-broken) ball-carrier to stand up.

So that part is not 100% reproducible, but may have something to do with a certain number of bounces or something. Or the position of the moon.

Or the position of the moon.

Lol... I mean, we all know that Cyanide must suck at coding (or at ressource management, or simply do not give a damn, or all of the above) but sometimes they still manage to amaze me. A window on your opponents turn? Can it get more lazy and/or sloppy? Wait... no, dont answer that.

Man it is indeed shameless sloppy coding at best.

I have been using wizards pretty much always at the start of my turn, but if I read you correctly doing it at the end of the turn is a game breaker, no?

Only a turnover if it bounces to one of the opponents players who fails to catch it after you used the wizard, I believe.

Don't quote me on this though as I might be remembering poorly and I've not had a wizard for 2,5 seasons :P (faced quite a few though!)

Only a turnover if it bounces to one of the opponents players who fails to catch it after you used the wizard, I believe.

This is getting better by the minute.

That reminds me of a weird thing that happened with my last wizard in a different league. I did not want to post it because I am sure no one would believe me but here it goes: I zapped the carrier at the start of my turn. Ball is lose and bounces to a square where i have a player down (and who can move this turn). When that happened my player did a catch roll, succeeded, stood up with ball in hand and triggered the Blitz action all in one. Swear to god. I was like, wtf!

And I have the replay to prove it. I am sure I did not accidentally hit the blitz button or anything because my player was prone at the start of my turn and the ball simply appeared in his hands once he stood up! The ball should have bounced to a new empty square in the first place (my player was prone) but didnt.

My theory is that the bug involves having also prone players roll for catch on bouncing balls after a wizard manages to make it lose (although this bug may be triggered aswell in other ocassions not just wizard related I dont know). Since the player is prone and the catch roll was successfull he HAS to stand up to hold the ball. Ergo Blitz action.

I also believe that if the neperian logarithm of the cubic root of the tile distance between both players is more than 0.467 it gives you an automatic Babe. Fun.

Can confirm that a player being bolted in the beginning of my turn (or rather end of opponents) means I could not use him (armour not broken) the same turn. This was MD3 against Fastshark. In my utter ignorance of the rules I assumed this is how it is supposed to be, but I understand now that we are talking about a bug.

Awards