The Orca Cola Long Bomb Competition

jbecks

elfbowl2-1.jpg

Coaches of the OCC, I invite you all to participate in a new tier wide competition that for once, does not reward you for hurting the other team...unless its dwarfs...we can never have enough dead dwarfs!!! To bring more balance to the awards I am hosting a throwing competition that is tier wide so that you will be competing against every coach in all the divisions of the OCC except for the SSC. To take part you are required to claim your scores by the end of each match day.

Hopefully the competition will be popular, return next season and ISM will make a new poster...one that looks cool, and Tribble will make a shinny new award to give out at the end of each season, Dispite the name any type of pass is worth a point.

The Rules

The Coach must nominate his score/throws and which division he is in

All scores must be posted here by the end of each week.

Only OCC Divisions, SSC teams are not included.

TTM does not count (due to BBM counting a failed throw as distance thrown)

Points System

1 point for any type of successful pass

10 points for successfully catching a Hail Mary Pass

3 points for every 20 total yards gained by passing (throughout the season, so if your team throw total 100y after md9 = 15 points)

3 points for every 5 total successful passes ( so after md9 if your team throw a total of 10 passes throughout the season = 6 points

Bonus Points

+1 Point for catching the ball whilst standing in the end zone

+3 points for your team having the most yards passed in your division at the end of the season

+3 points for having the most passes made in your division at the end of the season

+2 points for your team coming 2nd in the most yards passed in your division

+2 points for your team coming 2nd in the most passes made in your division at the end of the season

+1 points for your team coming 3rd in the most yards passed in your division

+1 points for your team coming 3rd in the most passes made in your division at the end of the season

Current Standings

Magus = 34

Hawca = 24

Diaperman = 11

Gobas = 10

Proxymath = 9

Logain=7

Mynock = 6

Jbecks = 5

Pidpad = 4

Boffersmurf = 2

Blackmist =3

Edited by jbecks
Updated points

Awards

BBmanager gives distance for failed throws, no matter the source (I just had one of those for 34 yards).

TTM is wonky in other ways though, it's not really passing :P

That said: Week 1 tally.

Successful Passes: 1 (failed to catch one and another one to an empty square, successful mind!).

Yards: 32

In general a poor showing. Pepelf didn't get any SPPs. Better pick up the pace if he's going to hit legend in 2 seasons.

Ah the perfect competition for my lizards! I think I never have completed a long bomb in this game in 600 games on my account. Then I am not playing elves that much and even if I do I am still view every pass as too dangerous... ;)

It's any pass

Awards

Team The Elf Avengers - 6D

Total successful passes : 3

Total Yards thrown : 38

Passes completed in the endzone : 1

Question : Is it tier-wide or divisional because you say tier-wide in your post but the bonuses are per division.

Ah the perfect competition for my lizards! I think I never have completed a long bomb in this game in 600 games on my account. Then I am not playing elves that much and even if I do I am still view every pass as too dangerous... ;)

You haven't long-bombed from skink to a Saurus in scoring range? You should really try it for the winning TD, as from my MM experience at doing that, nothing seems to piss off people quite like it. :lol:

Team The Elf Avengers - 6D

Total successful passes : 3

Total Yards thrown : 38

Passes completed in the endzone : 1

Question : Is it tier-wide or divisional because you say tier-wide in your post but the bonuses are per division.

Yes tier wide, but you get additional points if you come first in your division etc

Awards

My Khemri managed a pass in MM and shortly afterwards there was a Netsync error!

I am seeing a pattern here... :ninja:

Yeah, computers don't currently have the computational power to calculate and simulate a Khemri actually throwing and catching a ball....

This sounds like a fun game to play.

I got 5 passes one of which was into the end zone. For a total of 26yards.

Am I right in thinking that the 5 passes bonus goes over multiple game? I.e you don't need to score then all in one game?

correct, total amount of passes and the distance thrown is after all the passes in the season, so if after MD9 your team throw the ball a total of 100 yards, that would = 15 bonus points

Awards

Question: Do you want yards thrown cumulative or for each game? Same goes for passes really.

You'd save yourself a lot of work if you just looked at BBmanager at the end of the season :D

Hail Mary's need to be reported though.

I dont mind, you can either update it here...or I will look at the end of the season

Awards