When Bbmanager Is Down

Doomy77

yeah,  SuperJC confirmed to a New ogham league admin that he got info that BBM server is gone and also ftp server where db backups were. He wasn't really sure why but I understood that servers were hosted somewhere and hosting account was reseted or something. 

He also said that he had no plans to do anything for BB2.

So I think it's safe to say that BBM is gone for good.....

There is currently an app somewhat similar to BBM (but without hability to store and watch replay) that is developped for BB2 that could be used, but for BBCE , it is mourning time :( 

This season might be a tad borked.

That said, we can (and will) create proper final standings, so seeding for next season will be done (it'll take a bit longer than normal though, expect a 3 week rollover rather than a 2 week one).

Seasonal records wont be updated as I can't check BBm for stats (for obvious reasons). Should a future solution allow me to backtrack, then I most certainly will do that, but that's a big if.

Awards might also get somewhat limited as quite a few are dependent on BBmanager.

We've survived worse (like Scud being an admin).

That said, we can (and will) create proper final standings, so seeding for next season will be done (it'll take a bit longer than normal though, expect a 3 week rollover rather than a 2 week one).

Seasonal records wont be updated as I can't check BBm for stats (for obvious reasons). Should a future solution allow me to backtrack, then I most certainly will do that, but that's a big if.

Awards might also get somewhat limited as quite a few are dependent on BBmanager.

For awards, I would suggest that players claim themselves the seasonal awards. That way, admins would only need to verify when two people claim the same award. People could also add the number for their claim making the job easier for admin (for exemple one would claim TD crazy and say "I scored 36 TDs", if someone else claims saying 33 TDs, only the 36 needs to be verify saving time again.

The seasonal awards are quite easy to understand so I would assume most awards should be easy to give out this way and double claims should be rare anyways.

A quick look says the following will be rather hard to hand out:

Butterfingers

Punching Bag

Bell Ringer

Most Violent Fecker

You B'stard

Hit Something Instead

Checking a teams seasonal stat thing wont do, as dead players don't show up (and if they've been in the same tier for a while I think the seasons are added up).

You can't trust the ingame cas stat as it adds casualities willy nilly for kills and most of the others you can't find at all.

Nooooo I am on course to get a position even if not 1st on most kills in a season!

Awards

What did Scud do? :)

My first season in OCC (as the last replacement for S1) had Scud as admin for Division 11.

Some notable things

• A dwarf team vanished completely from the ingame server (I suspect rage deletion) and the league was restarted matchday 1.
  • I was the only one who got a win against the other lizard team as the coach vanished, the game handed out 1-1 for the rest of the season.
  • In the title decider between me and General Kale (who won OCC S3) he couldn't select block dice, timed out on his first turn. I scored on my second and then he abandoned. No such things as a reset then.

That's just a few of the things that happened, but there was plenty more.

I blame scud for all those things, and I also blame him for BBM no longer being available!

I've not managed to piece the whole scheme together but I know he's the root problem, hmmmm...

Got it! We didn't get a new OCC logo for the forum header, thus time has stopped at S29? Scud has personally caused a vortex in the time space continuum which has resulted in BBM being wiped from the interwebs!!!!1!!!!11!!

I caught him and his sinister plot, I've got you this time gadget, this time!

I blame scud for all those things, and I also blame him for BBM no longer being available!

I've not managed to piece the whole scheme together but I know he's the root problem, hmmmm...

Got it! We didn't get a new OCC logo for the forum header, thus time has stopped at S29? Scud has personally caused a vortex in the time space continuum which has resulted in BBM being wiped from the interwebs!!!!1!!!!11!!

I caught him and his sinister plot, I've got you this time gadget, this time!

The only flaw in your reasoning is that it was Gobas who made the last several banners. We don't have one for S30 because of Real Life ™ biting him in the bum.

Any here say about the alternative solution? Move to BB2? Simplify so we can use in game stats? Is there an alternative 3rd party piece of code that reads replay files?

If JC released the source code that parsed the replay file to get the info, maybe something simple could be created to replace it.

Loss of DB is sad indeed. I started a backup of it actually, to calculate statistics for some of my own teams, but think I only backed up a few seasons of a few divisions that I was playing in.

Awards