Bloody Oath

Soleil Noir

• 2 months later...

Season 27 Has ended and was quite good campaing for the Bloody Oath. We have been spared from naggling injuries to vamps for the first time and as a result :

- We finished as the only unbeaten team of the division with 3 wins and 6 draws.

- Of course we again will earn the punching bag award again (received 192 Knock down which is an average of 21,3 per game)

- With a win in MD9 instead of a 3-3 draw against Dark elves we would have won the division

- All Vamps are levelled up : including  2 with MV+, and one of these two having AG+

- Still too few thralls developped 

Let's see in what tier we will end up playing in S28,  But as the team has now evolved as a competitive squad , It can enter the new season with hopes and ambitions.

Awards

• 3 weeks later...

S28 - MD2

How frustrating a BB game can Be ?

First half  I was completly helpless : 66% of bloodlust + skulls, against high elves with normal dices => 2-0 at the half

Blizzard to start 2nd half so long for fast TD to try to recover, I manage to come back with a score at turn 12 : 2-1

Somewhat Nuffle let me I have the ball back after a failed grab by my opponent, and  it lead us to turn 16, I need to dodge and move 1 square to score the equalizer....double 1 on bloodlust....game over : 2-1 loss.

Nuffle loves to play tricks and to give us false hope..... "We are the Vamps, we are the cursed ones".....

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

Horrific week 3 for the "Bloody Oath", against goblins couldn't injure anyone , including the chainsaw despite punching them with MB, until very late in the game, and a pass at turn 3,  instead of leading to a vamp TD, was the first double 1 of the game leading to an easy gob win.

Cherry on the cake : Nuffle gives, Nuffles take back :  the AG5 vamp got a niggle.....and is now back to ag4..... So I played  2 games with an AG5 vamp...twas nice...

Awards

• 6 months later...

S30 has been a big pain for the Bloody Oath ending their first tier 1 campaign with just a win and a Draw : lots of game could have turn otherwise but were screwed up by "that last important dice" that failed.

And as an exclamation point to this horrendous season, the Bloody Oath now mourn the loss of Duke Frocin the Dwarves, Killed in MD9 by.... a ligthning.... He  had no niggle  and was a level 6 MV7 AG5 blodge Vampire......

Losing such a player is always a blow....but that way because of a wizard in a meaningless game...sooo Frustrating ....

Let's hope season 31st will be less miserable :)

Awards

• 5 months later...

The Bloody Oath will play in Division 1A this season (33) after finishing season 32 first in division 2A (its first division Crown..; Yippeeeee !  :ham: ).

First trip in Division 1 was a painful bloody mess (1 win, 1 draw and 7 losses)  and we will try to do better this time...

it shouldn't be too hard  :clown:

Awards

• 2 years later...
17 hours ago, Kjelstad said:

Welcome back.  We may have overlapped by only a season before I took my absence but I do recall your name.

Thank You.

So You are back too ?

Awesome. I remember you too, I did studied some of your games at the time. If I remember well you were playing vamps a little bit different than me or Bantha. You like (liked ?) jump up very much at the point to sometimes prioritize it over side step.

Awards

29 minutes ago, Doomy77 said:

While you were away I also became a vamp fanatic. Not to say I’m any good, but I love the team.

You played Vamp several season before I left and yeah I am glad to see you are still a member of the Cult.

Seems We have the same Virus, Mate !

Edited by Soleil Noir

Awards

I still play the old team, just one last season, and that team is spammed with Jump Up.  the vamps I had down field for defence were surrounded at the end of the last game but I had a jump up on the ground that ran over and smacked the ball loose.  It is the AG5 that I really miss though.

Edited by Kjelstad

• 3 months later...

This season coming to end end.

So what happened during the season 1 of the New Era of the Bloody Oath ?

We finish with 3 wins, 1 draw and  5 losses. We probably will be around 8th rank in the division. Not great but winning wasn't the priority this season, it was about developping the team.

- We were able to built a 12 player squad with 5 vamp  : 3 of them are now Level 3, 1 is level 2 and 1 is 2 spp away from Level 2

- We have 90.000 in the bank, so probably just 1 game away from a 6 vamp squad

- Only Negative 1 vamp has a -1 MV perm Injury

- So I believe that the strategy to start in Tier 5 has been a success regarding my team building goals even if we had  some rough helpless game in the beginning (We lost first 4).

Last not least : we have a ST5, AG 5 Vampire.....not sure if it is a blessing or a curse as there will be very few other skills left.

Any suggestion regarding its future development ? 

Yet I am leaning toward Block, Dodge and either sure Hand or side step and assuming that he lives long enough to reach level 7, last skill being the one of the last two I would have not taken. But if you have any brilliant alternative idea I am all ears opened.

Edited by Soleil Noir

Awards