Bloody Oath

Soleil Noir

Please welcome the Bloody Oath,

For our first Season in OCC we are seeded in Division 6D.

Standard 4 Vamps, 4 RR starting Set Up at creation.

I guess my levelling up will follow a slighty different path then others Vamp team currently playing in OCC, with I Hope the same success. this is not a defiance to other Vamp coach, as I have really improved my vamp play recently by watching their games, just will try to use their experience to fit my style (you gave me lots of ideas, thanks for that).

Team Name comes from a Song of just released new Album "Burial Ground " from french Metal Band "Loudblast".

Team players names come from negatives heroes out of the universe of the Knights of the round table ( At start they are mainly out of the Novel "Tristan and Iseult",  written by Béroul)

Team's Moto is the Oath that we won't stop playin until we fulfill the ultimate quest : Drink Blood from the Holy Grail....The OCC Bloodbowl awarded to Tier 1 Champions !

This long journey has started well with a win against a khemri team.

Next games against a well developped Norse team might be more tricky, but as today's priority is growing and collecting SPP's over winning, we will have nothin to lose !

Awards

Hello Soleil,

Farewell with Vamps, I wish you to be as efficient as your New Ogham Woodies !

I am sure you will do well even if your next match up doesn't look good. I know you know with vamp you have to think long term.

As anticipated 2nd game has been difficult against the Craufurd Marauders, a developped Norse team with two blodge player, including the ball carrier who also had AG+.

Game was more tight than the score 2-0 let appear and could have gone either way, Norse had the ball first and helped by a devastating turn 5 and 6 were 6 of players were retired from the field I couldn't prevent a score. deano did choose to stall round 7 and I used the wizard : AG+ ball carrier is Koed and ball fall on the floor, no more Reroll for the norsemen  last they didn't fail grabbing the ball and scored, 1-0 at the Half.

Si I feel I had to take a risky approach to play for the draw, entering the 2nd half with 10 players against full team., as I suffered a Ko of a vampire early in the half and did lose the block battle gaining only push or both down  and as in the meantime all block from my opponent did leave my players KO or on their but, I was soon a little bit stucked and blocked , so  I tried a direct approach, that didn't work, lost the ball deep in opponent territory and he was able to grab it and turn it into a 2nd TD.

Regarding my game, I think I played well in 1st half and forced a very tensed situation that could have led to a draw at halftime. 2nd half dices were a little bit tough (even if i can't complain as so far in two games I did  register no serious cas except a dead loner). Still I am not completly satisfied with my play in that 2nd Half offensive drive. I feel I Wasn't patient enough and took a much too risky approach that had not good probability to work.

No MVP for my Vamps, but also no nagling injury for my team, no level Up this week, still no bench but now I have hired an appo  :o !

Next game against caracarn' flings, I will watch the film of the other vamp team (coached by Metastasis) who play them this week to check if some lessons can be learned.

Anyway Can't wait to finally have some skills  :o !!!

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

3rd Game was a win against the Reigning OCC1 Champ Caracarn. Of course he was playin halflings (The Hnugry Swedes) but :

- You don't always beat a reigning champ that often

- With no bench against Zara + chef , Flings can be a nightmare for Vampire

- The Hungry Swedes were still unbeaten (They Crushed their first two opponnents, each time  with a 2 TD differential)

- They just won against a vamp team in Week 2

First Half, Bloody Oath won the coin toss and choosed to receive. I know lots of people  believe Vamp should Kick first because they are great in Defense, I strongly believe the opposite : they should attack first to limit attrition effects and also because they are great in defense scoring first put the prssure on opponent. (To ilustrate that I invite you to watch Game two of the Hungry Swedes against the other Vamp team of the division, I think dices were quite similar than the one in my game, Main difference was the flings had the ball first. Hey ; flings have win that game and yhey have lost against my Vamp).

In First Half  the Chef did take a way 1 RR, So the Bloody Oath had to play with 3 RR....And had to use all of them to score : even if Both trees did roots early which certainly helped but some bad dices on my side almost made me derail. I took some risk because I am still in a level up race so currently I pass a lot and during first drive I missed my first pass in turn 1, which make me stall in a bad positin on the field and later had a bad Bloodlust which made almost the drive derailed. After use of the 3 RR, I was able to score on Turn 5.

Globally I had Good dices on RR and quite bad dices on Block as I almost never received Pow. Hypno glazed worked above average so It was easy to stop the drive of the Halflin end of first half.

2nd Half started with 10 players on my side against a full team, the Chef did Take away 3 RR. 1 of my 3 vamps was Koed very early in the Half. Still we were able to steal the ball away and almost scored a 2nd TD. Couldn't score because ball carrier did throw a double skull and turned the ball over.

About that game :

- Had very few Bloodlust (same story than the other vamp team that played caracarn in Week 2) and when I did bloodlust my bites only caused stuns

- Zara was inneficient and my opponent didn't use it as a ball carrier as Zara is a Blodge AG4 player, may have been a mistake not to use her. 

- We Suffered Two players fouled for Death and another with 1 commotion

- Despite MVP again went to a thrall a 2nd Vamp did level up

Next game against a low TV Nurgle team which will have only 3 warriors and 1 or Two loners. Nurgle always a tricky match up for Vamps, But vamps also a difficult team to Handle for Nurgle so when the dust vanishes we will see who will have won Nuffle's favor.....

Awards

• 4 months later...

Season 25 is over and so seems to be the first stage of development of the Bloody Oath Project.

We had a very difficult start of the season : 1 draw and 4 losses and suffered an heavy beatin (We suffered two "7+ casualties received games", Lost to death 2 vamps (Fortunatley both Rookies) and 2 thralls,etc...), 

We then changed our approach. We wanted to wait to have sufficient money in Bank to acquire in 1 time a complete Vamp squad and some bench, But finally after this disatrous start of season and instead of playin with 6 loners each game (who were sucking up precious MVP SPP's), we then decided to buy the vamps and go to full 6 squad vamp as soon as money would be available and to complete with Thrall once money was available.

And it paid off :

- first we won our last 4 games and finished at 0,500;  5th ex-aequo in Division 5D,

- but more important we have now a Full vamp squad with a small bench and for the first time since team creation, we will be able to enter next season with some ambition. We still have Two Rookie vamps but they are close to level up.

Can't wait for next season to start !

Awards

I agree... good luck.

Always nice with new vamp coaches..

Thanks... and you can be sure I will stick to it, Vamp is by far the race I have the more fun with even if they can be frustrating at times.

The only problem is that they are the most bugged race. I hope BB2 will fix that.

Awards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After an Horrendous season 26 during wihich the Bloody oath managed just 1 Win and lost to Death two vamps, the team is now finely shaped and can enter season 27 with some ambition.

To start the season in div 4B the team will field 9 thralls and 6 vamps including a pair with MV+, 3 blodge  and a Killer.

Expectations are high : we are targetting tier 3 !

Let's Bite now !

Awards