Sour on Top

Tallaseksut

Key moments - second half:

They knocked out player returned, I mentioned the 2 bloodweiser babes at the start, ours didn't so in the second half 10 elves tried to stop 11 nurgle players.

1.) Of course, they got a blitz and could break our lines with 6 dodge so we had to defend the ball again as we did in the last turns of the first half. At least they failed their last two dodge (7th and 8th) and a catcher elf with dodge knocked out himself so 9 elves stayed on the field.

2.) With some repositionoing (2 extra steps) and another knock out (the guard player is out and 8 elves stayed on the field!) we formed a defense.

unknown.png

3.) They failed their first dodge and the re-rolled dodge after that! We got a chance to from a proper defense. Meantime we lost our second re-roll but fouled their blodge, tackle player out of the pitch (7 elves remained).

unknown.png

4.) But exciting moments came. It was a real emotional rollercoaster for our brewmasters. Because beloved Peach Push died

unknown.png

and regenerated.

unknown.png

5.) We had the number advantage (7 elves versus 10 nice nurgle players) so we pushed forward.

unknown.png

and forward (tried to foul another elf player out but he just got stunned)

unknown.png

and tried to move forward again. 

unknown.png

Here, I made my biggest mistake during the match. Instead of moving forward with the rotter to protect my carrier I stopped that action because the last going for it failed and I used my last re-roll to prevent a turnover. I did not want to risk a turnover because I wanted to hit the elf in the left corner (next to two rotters) and move one rotter to help the beast to hit another elf and reach the two (after a push or hit) with its tentacles.

But we failed to place the beast there :gutted:

unknown.png

6.) And they used this opportunity to attack, and with three 1 dice hit (one was re-rolled with their last re-roll) our carrier was smashed into the ground :wacko:

7.) The plan was simple. Protect the ball and pick it up again. We had 3 turns to score and the ball was 11 movements away from the touchdown line. But came the evilness of the 1/9 and our first hit failed. So we could not carry out our three-step chain push plan to move the two elves away from our sure hands pestigor.

unknown.png

8.) They tried to steal away the ball but fortunatley failed so we got a second chance to pick it up. Because we did not have a re-roll I could not afford to risk the second extra step with the carrier but I had to risk the first so we would be 8 movements away from the touchdown line.

unknown.png

After that I moved a rotter forward so it will be 5 movements away from the line and could protect the carrier as well.

unknown.png

9.) They could bring two players next to our carrier so we had to move them away. Again, we needed a three-step push chain and again we failed the first push. Game of Evil 1/9 it was.

unknown.png

The elves won their match this time.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 - Division 6B - MD6 - Summary

Second loss for Nurgle's sake. Yeah, I was a sad, sad tentacle...

Dice luck and other statistics:

unknown.png

Our armor breaks were better than usual but based on the injury dice (-0,67) it resulted probably in +3 stuns. Their block (around +3), armor break and injury dice meant almost the same (+3 block means almost +1 armor break on AV8 and with this the +2,x armor breaks and -1injury means +2 stuns). 

I was more frustrated with their pass and dodge rolls in the first half. They pulled off 13 subsequent dodge in their first 5 turn before the first dodge fail (which was obviously with a dodge player). The first 5/6 dodge fail was after 19 dodge in their 7th turn. That was unfortunate because they could play with 2 re-rolls till that time and it meant that they could maneuver their players well. The second half compensated for this but it was not that important.

My opponent used his mobility really well in his attacking drive and forced me decent number of GFIs.

What went wrong:

In my defensive drive I made some positioning mistakes that resulted in GFIs and I did not secure enough my cage during my counter attack phase.

Though the biggest mistake which probably caused the loss was the open cage in my attacking drive.

What went well:

First non-rotter MVP which meant a level up for Mad Cherry!

What could be done better:

Defense positioning could be improved and I should not forget how important the cage is.

Developement:

- Mad Cherry (Beast of Nurgle) learned to be still (stand firm).
- Yummy Yoghurt Taste (Pestigor) joined the team.
- That Clear Water (Rotter) left the team because of the too high team value.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 - Division 6B - MD7

Our seventh game brought us against another nurgle team. The team value difference gave them 130k inducements and their empty bank meant that they could not afford a wizard. I feared they would buy 2 bloodweiser babes as my high elf opponent last match day but my nurgle opponent chose +1 team re-roll so they had 4 of those.

If I have to name key or interesting players I would call for the nurgle warrior with the block and maybe the pestigor with the wrestle skill. Both of us had a substitute but I played with 3 pestigors while the other team had two. We also had the strength advantage because I have an 5 strength nurgle warrior.

Key moments - first half:

1.) We could start as a defensive unit. That was the plan because I wanted to measure their strength. As I saw in their plays they tended to send the beast too far from the other players so I thought my team could hold the line for the first half.

Before the start while I was giving orders to my players I totally forgot to send in our kick player. So far so good... :huh:

Both team lost a turn for this half, I was extremely happy about that.

2.) We lost a re-roll in our second turn (if we count the first as skipped and we will do just that). But nothing interesting happened.

3.) Their third turn brought a knock out for us and it cost them a re-roll as well.

4.) They came close enough for us to pressure them. We needed a re-roll to move the beast there (a re-rolled extra step) but it was okay and we could isolate their beast so everything went as planned.

unknown.png

5.) They escaped our clucthes with a hit and a dodge. After a re-rolled failed hit they lost a nurgle warrior because of a self-inflicted knock out.

6.) After that it was just usual fan service time :D

unknown.png

The wrestle pestigor was knocked out by the fans. We have nice fans you know... :cool:

7.) We pressured them again.

unknown.png

I think I learned something from the latest games. I secured my position and had a rotter that could dodge near their carrier. It was an optional move so I tried but I did not waste my last re-roll to finish the action after it failed.

8.) Instead of blocking my only player near their carrier they tried again to dodge (2/3) and used their last re-roll for the action.

9.) We closed in again and injured a rotter (third removal so far). I thought about the forth step a lot but I decided to blitz the nurgle warrior and step with a second player next to their carrier. We needed after that 2 extra steps to cover our back (yeah probably that"s 8 movements on the picture and not 7... :P).

unknown.png

We ended our turn with a both down action.

10.) The carrier tried to dodge away the third time and he failed. We had a chance to pick up the ball and run for a touchdown because we had 2 turns and were 14 movements away (had to go back for a pick up and move 13 tiles forward) from the scoring line.

unknown.png

We secured our postition and ran and lost our last re-roll in the process.

unknown.png

11.) Before scoring we tried to injure their remaining pestigor but he just became stunned. We finished the first half with one goal advantage.

Edited by Tallaseksut

The nurgle warrior came back for the second half so we had 1 player advantage and they had only one pestigor.

1.) This game was about nice fans.

unknown.png

unknown.png

I was happy and sad at the same time. The injury helped but I could empathize with pain seeing a dead nurgle warrior :gutted:

So we had 2 player advantage before the first turn. This didn't seem enough so we fouled another nurgle warrior in a hope for one more removal after securing our position.

unknown.png

The removal worked but unfortunately our dirty player was expelled from the game. All in all, 2 nurgle warrior left the field and we paid a rotter for that. It was a good deal.

2.) We moved forward

unknown.png

and forward (injuring a rotter during the process, so 7 opponent player remained on the field)

unknown.png

and got close to the touchdown line.

unknown.png

3.) I arrived at a decision making point. Should I score in my 13th turn or wait till the end? I decided that if I could hit everybody without a turnover than I would score at the end of the turn. 

unknown.png

That is basicly what happened and Yummy Yoghurt Taste got a level on his first match. I was not afraid of their second attacking drive because they had 4 injuries so at best (in their perspective) the next drive would start 10 versus 8.

4.) Both team got back their knocked out player (11 versus 8 it was). This time I had the kick player on the field, in the right position but somehow the game decided that I kick with the pestigor who kicked in the first half. Nevermind... :huh:

5.) We had 3 turns to score so we closed on them from both sides.

unknown.png

6.) They tried a hit and run but after the hit, where their last re-roll was used up, the nurgle warrior had to dodge (50%) and failed. We had an open cage and two turns. We knocked almost everybody down and sent a pestigor forward for a third touchdown.

unknown.png

7.) The plan was to clear the area around the ball and move my sure hands pestigor free from tackle zones. But I forgot that the place where the ball is considered unoccupied lol
unknown.png

So first push went on the ball and we rolled a 6...

unknown.png

The plan changed. I wanted to do a handover, pass combination but the disturbing presence made it impossible. But before that we still had to clear the front line to move. I must say that I realized their disturbing presence on the handoff after the clearing so I made some stupid moves there. Let's see them.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Firstly, I was happy that I made a clear path for a handoff (rotter >> pestigor), run pass (pestigor >> pestigor) play. 

Secondly, I realized that it is impossible lol

So I had to go with a 2 extra step (5/6, 5/6), pass (1/2), catch (2/3) plan without a re-roll. We fumbled the pass so I still could not write any player name on our "Top playmakers" leaderboard. It was really close though.

The score stayed and we registered our third win.

• 2 weeks later...

S21 - Division 6B - MD7 - Summary

After some disappointing results we could win again.

unknown.png

We caused more injuries than we should but missed 3 armour breaks (which usually 2 stun and 1 injury) so we had 1 excessive injury somewhere in the game. Meanwhile our opponent lost around 3 blocks and 1,28 armour break so he lost around 1 stun and 1 injury. This happened probably in the first drive.

We could assume that Nuffle helped me definitely in my defensive drive but there were real problems in my opponents attacking strategy. We could isolate the beast for 2 rounds (with a bit of luck) and those 2/3 dodges (instead of 8/9 blitz runs) made things harder for the other nurgle team.

The turn 9 injuries sealed our win.

Opponent injury log (time measured in my turns): 

- turn 4 self-inf KO (nurgle warrior) >> back for 2nd drive
- turn 4 surf KO (pestigor)
- turn 6 injury (rotter)

- turn 9 injury (nurgle warrior) 
- turn 9 injury (nurgle warrior) 
- turn 11 injury (rotter)

What went well:

Injuries and star player points on my beast :D

I do not remeber very big mistakes so this part is empty for now.

Developement:

- Mad Cherry (Beast of Nurgle) learned to guard others.
- Yummy Yoghurt Taste (Pestigor) learned to dodge.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 - Division 6B - MD8

On our eight game we faced a dwarf team, a win was essential for the third place. The team value difference gave them a wizard (150k) and a bribe (100k). They started with two journeyman (Long Beard) and had no substitute. 

1.) We had to attack first and fouled a long beard at the end of our first turn. Our poor rotter was sent off but the dwarf was injured.

unknown.png

They stand their ground at the half line and we started to hit each other.

unknown.png

They lost a re-roll and could not get near the ball on their second turn.

2.) We had to remove a dwarf player who was threatening our carrier. We managed to do that and injured another dwarf and they used their apothecary to heal him. Nevertheless we removed two of their players but stucked at middle of the field.

unknown.png

3.) On their third turn they threw a fireball at us. Firstly, we regenerated another death :cool:

unknown.png

Secondly, we resisted most of the damage after that. However, they opened up our cage and blitzed our dodge carrier after an evil dodge. They successfully hit our pestigor and could catch the ball after a scatter :gutted:

unknown.png

They lost another re-roll during the turn (1 remained).

4.) They could not push away our players away from the ball so we had three or four (with re-roll) opportunities to hit the carrier.

unknown.png

We lost a re-roll to accomplish the pick-up so I did not want to risk moving forward with the carrier. Moreover, it would not help because their 3 (6-3) movement downed runner could still reach the pestigor that way on their fourth turn.

unknown.png

5.) They failed their re-rolled dodge so no more re-roll for the dwarves and we could run from them :sir:

unknown.png

It was clear that we would score the question was when. They tried to hit as many as they can but failed so we could run again. The plan was to bring down as many dwarves to the ground as we can and we caused another injury during the process :D

unknown.png

We hold them back well so we could score on their eight turn :cool: 

Edited by Tallaseksut

1.) They started the second half with 9 players and we had the lead. The plan was to hold them near the half line with a bit deeper defense.

They fouled our pestigor at the half line so our team moved there to hold them at that spot.

unknown.png

On their tenth turn they fouled again at the half line. This time we moved more players there to prevent their 11th turn foul and sent a pestigor forward to harass their carrier.   

unknown.png

2.) They knocked out our beast on their 11th turn :gutted:

3.) However, they came close enough and we could blitz their carrier.

unknown.png

Unfortunately, a re-rolled hit was not enough to bring the dwarf down. We had 1 re-roll left after our 11th turn.

4.) On their 12th turn they knocked out our ST5 nurgle warrior so we had lost our big guys after 4 turns for the drive.

5.) They tried to slip through our defense on our right side. To prevent this, we rearranged ourselves and blitzed their carrier again with an extra step. We had to use our last re-roll for the action but the second hit connected and the carrier became stunned. We stunned another dwarf and protected the ball as much as we could.

unknown.png

6.) They tried to pick up the ball but failed. So we had to surround it again. Before the end of our turn we even had the chance to pick it up.

unknown.png

7.) Unfortunately, they could blitz our carrier and we also lost the ball. Moreover, they knocked out another nurgle warrior (2 warriors stayed on the field) so they got a last chance to score in 2 turns. The only releif was that they lost all their re-rolls this turn.

unknown.png

8.) We moved a nurgle warrior next to the ball and tried to push away the only dwarf who was near our dodge pestigor who would have picked up the ball. But came a double skull (1/36) so our turn ended with three downed player :gutted:

unknown.png

9.) But Nuffle was fair this day. They tried to blitz our nurgle warrioir near the ball and rolled a skull :D

We won the match at this point because they had 1 turn and no players in scoring range.

10.) We cleared the field on our 15th turn so we could try to score on our 16th.

unknown.png

11.) Unfortunately, we failed the last catch to score a second (of course we would have needed 2 extra steps as well at this point).

unknown.png

Nevertheless, we won again and the third place was in very close range :sir:

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 - Division 6B - MD8 - Summary

unknown.png

I think the crucial part was the missing 3 blocks, the missing stun and injury on my opponents part.  

I think the blocks were missing on their 2nd, 3rd and 10th turn while the stun and injury was missing from the second half. The missing blocks helped me to push through their half and get into scoring range in my attacking drive.

What went well:

Death regeneration again and threatening their carrier while I was defending.

This game went quite well. I even pushed a pestigor into scoring range at the end.

Developement:

- Fantastically Fun Figs (Pestigor) joined the team.

Nothing more this time but at least our ST5 nurgle warrior got the MVP :cool:  

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 - Division 6B - MD9

This was the last match of the season. We faced a fearsome enemy because this orc team gathered 3 guards (lvl2 guard blitzer, lvl3 +1 AG + guard blitzer and lvl3 guard + block black orc blocker), had a killer (lvl4 mighty blow + piling on + tackle blitzer) and had another lvl2 block black orc blocker. At least a simple black orc blocker was missing from the roaster.

So regarding skills and developement they looked better. I was a bit fortunate because they induced a bribe (100k) and a lvl2 loner lineman with dirty player (130k) instead of a wizard and a bloodweiser babe. However they got a substitute this way.

We rolled with two substitutes, our team is complete now :sir:

1.) We had to attack first and this was really sad. We tried to move away from the killer and two guards and chose to attack on the other side.

unknown.png

2.) Their second hit was a knock out on an AV9 nurgle warrior (mighty blow helped the injury roll), third hit put a rotter to think about the good in the world for a turn (stun). Hard start.

3.) We moved forward and tried to even the numbers but the foul failed to break armor.

unknown.png

Good thing a foul appearance stopped the killer but another orc stunned a nurgle warrior. Breaking through on our third turn seemed impossible.

We reorganized ourselves at the half line. The beast became supid and another foul failed to break armor. I could not blitz forward because I needed to blitz the black orc (downed player) to have 2 dice against him and this helped to gather 2 dice on the troll. The third hit was stopped by the unquestionable stupidity :gutted:

unknown.png

They closed on us and we survived the killer's hit on a rotter. What was the problem? The insane second really stupid in a row...

So we pushed two orc players (needed a re-roll for the 1 dice push) and got really, really stucked at the half line.

unknown.png

4.) On their forth turn they could have attacked the carrier with one dice and 50% hit chance (simple pestigor carrier) but refused to do so. They formed a nice screen and stunned a rotter. It was still looking bad.

5.) Okay, okay. Our third action was not a really stupid! We had a chance to go forward. The question was the place of the blitz but I decided to harm their front line and risked a one dice hit on our right side. I was searching for a crowd push but it was impossible at that time.

unknown.png

They missed another tricky chance to attack our carrier. It needed a troll and a black orc hit on our side pestigors upwards so the free blitzer could attack with an extra step (for this the troll hit should have been a hit, a push was not enough). However they stunned our block pestigor.

6.) It was our sixth turn. We had to break through and they gave us a chance with their positioning.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yeah, the turn ended with a both down turnover and a stun for our warrior (I did not want to waste a re-roll for this but we paid the price) :gutted:

7.) We got lucky. They had to use their re-roll on their first block to prevent turnover and their second block delivered the turnover. They should have moved their players in defense formation before blocking. The block black orc blocker got an injury as well :D

8.) Somewhere in mid-game I suffered a camera view bug so from turn "I don't know when" I had to play from "eagle view". This view bug and my chain push stupidity caused us almost the touchdown.

unknown.png

Yeah, I missed the positioning of the chain push (white should have been the way) and caused my pestigor to deliver 3 dodge (1/2; 1/2; 2/3 with a re-roll) on our sixth action.

unknown.png

No need to say, the pestigor delivered with two extra steps (5/6; 5/6) lol

unknown.png

I tried a 8/9 dodge to cover our back with my last pestigor but that utterly failed.

9.) However they managed to pull of a 2 extra step, 1 dice blitz and caused my carrier an injury :huh:

unknown.png

10.) It was super easy to decide what to do. Dodge with the dodge pestigor and push their killer away from the ball for an unprotected pick up and score with an extra step. 

unknown.png

That is how we scored! 

(However they knocked out a rotter on their 8th turn. Those evil orcs, very evil orcs.)

Edited by Tallaseksut

1.) My nurgle warrior came back so we have eleven players on the field. We wanted to form a deeper defense. 

unknown.png

But our kick was so close to the half line (kick skill) that I rearranged my team after a perfect defense event.

unknown.png

Fun fact, it turned to be a touchback and the ball went to their farest player. It was not bad either because they needed more turns to form their attack plan.

They fouled the beast so he will sleep a turn (stun) but this made a hole in their defense.

2.) To break through we had to successfully push away their killer with 2 dice (4th action) and run with two pestigors with the help of 4 extra steps.

unknown.png

I wasted a re-roll because I should have chenged the place of the 6th and 7th action. Still much to learn.

3.) They went forward with their carrier and the killer orc blitzed my nice pestigor. It was just a clear hit so they tried to surround their carrier as much as they can.

4.) I remember I was thinking a lot how I could stress them further. I dropped the plan to get next to the carrier with the beast. So I had to use the pestigors somehow. After we put up our defense the downed pestigor blitzed so the dodge pestigor would dodge "for free".

unknown.png

It was risky (1 dice hit and 1/3 downing chance) but we managed to put next to the carrier one pestigor.

5.) They knocked out with piling on the pestigor near the carrier first and moved to the other side. At least we pinned down two orcs with tentacles and the troll became stupid lol

6.) Should we attack again? After the knock out we moved back a bit and risked a 1 dice rotter blitz to harass them again (1/3 downing chance) and could move another rotter there because of the really stupid.

unknown.png

7.) They pushed one rotter away and stunned the other (hit and foul combo) but we pinned them down. We tried to harass them again and ended our turn with a both down. Meanwhile their killer got stunned for a turn. Unfortunately, our last pestigor mimic that behaviour :gutted:

unknown.png

8.) They lost a re-roll on the first clearing hit (remainned 1 for them) and after repositioning themselves they rolled double skull. So it was a nice chance to attack them again.

unknown.png

Those last turn stun really did not help. We could have a 8/9 (auto re-roll) 2 dice attack on their carrier but that ship sailed.

unknown.png

9.) They knocked out our downed pestigor. 9 nurgle players stayed on the field. 

10.) We formed a defense on the side. We had to use a re-roll for one 8/9 hit so could not have one for the pestigor dodge which failed...

unknown.png

11.) They lost their last re-roll on an extra step so the next failed going for it caused a turnover.

unknown.png

12.) Easy decision. Blitz with the last member of the team who can attack the carrier and with the re-roll with downed him!

unknown.png

Even the 1/3 catch was successful and with a dodge and 2 extra steps we formed a tight defense.

unknown.png

One orc stayed in scoring range.

13.) Their first hit failed from a side blitz and they skipped a possible second hit on our carrier so we won the match with 1 - 0. 

This delivered us our second trophy and the third place in our division! 

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 - Division 6B - MD9 - Summary

unknown.png

This will be the last dice luck chart. More information will come in the season summary. My opponents stats seem bad but it is not that bad. Meanwhile my team lost almost 3 armor breaks during the match.

What went well:

Last minute plays. My opponents 6th turn quick turnover was our remedy. However after losing the re-roll they should have moved their defense first. Of course, I was lucky with the touchdown as well but that luck was needed duq to my failed chain push skills.

Same could be said about their last minute attack. They failed to cover their side so I could attack and even catched the ball. 

Concentrate more on chain pushes and cross defense.

Developement:

Extra Coffee Flavour (Rotter) learned to wrestle.

Nothing more this time but our beast got the MVP. He has 25 SPP now with 3 MVPs!

Edited by Tallaseksut

S21 (The OCC - T6) - Division 6B - Summary

We reached the third place this season and I think of it as a very good start and the whole team are satisfied with this result. Just the two elven teams [Silver Lords of Altmer (High Elf) and Pro Grave Dancers (Elven Union)] performed better than us.

However, our team development lacks blocks so next season I have to concentrate on leveling up the warriors. Maybe this season on match day 7 and 8 I could have tried to score with a warrior but on match day 7 the possibility of a 3rd touchdown and the pestigor level was too tempting. On the eighth I just messed up. Hope I will MVP a block on the beast early in season 22. This part is important because we will have very well developed opponents. Maybe we have to kill the kislev team but later about that :D

The blogs format will change a bit. The match logs will be more match log like with pictures and the analysis part will go into the summary episode. There I will throw out the dice luck part and put there some interesting plays or possibilities from the match (maybe even from the opponent team).

The season 22 performance speculation will be here before the first match (I hope).

Second season starts today for my team so here are the opponents.

League: The OCC - T4
Competition: S22 - Division 4C

Opponents:

- Eagle Force One (Kislev)
- The Cardiff Titans (Human)
- The Garden of Even (Wood Elf)
- Papyrus Makers (Khemri)
- Orks are People Too.. (Orc)
- Delta Ogrobot wing (Ogre)
- Silver Lords of Altmer (High Elf)
- Engineering Chaos (Chaos Dwarf)
- Knights of Errands (Bretonnian)

This will be a hard competition with very vell developed teams. First match day we face the fourth Ogrobot wing.

Delta Ogrobot wing (Ogre):

1.) Strengths: 

Base strength with enough guard and stand firm on the ogres. This will make them very, very annoying. Combined with the built-in mighty blow their ogres are fearsome. They even developed a killer. However, 4 of 6 ogre could be pinned down because of the two break tackle skill. So I think their normal developed ogres are quite good and versatile enough. Our main problem will be that we can't really outrun them.

Gnoblars are okay but usually they do not need much skills. We will have to watch for the +1 movement sprint and the diving tackle ones.

2.) Weakness:

They lack as much the block skill as us so I consider it a good start.

Gnoblars.

S22 - Division 4C - MD1

First match day review. We picked up a wizard and 2 bloodweiser babes (240k inducement money and 10k from the bank).

1.) We started with a defense drive like this while they grabbed a fifth re-roll. I have to put a pestigor (0 SPP) on the LoS because the kicker rotter had to be pulled back.

unknown.png

After the opponents setup I decided that our team should kick to the middle part near the pitch side. It went quite well.

2.) First turn they used pile on and injured a rotter. Good bye Some Passion Fruit no game for you tonight.

3.) They could not pick up the ball because a gnoblar fell twice in a row. This meant we could have opened their side a bit. However, I choose to attack on the other end where I could hit a gnoblar and an ogre (2 dice hit) as well.

The problem was that the ogre had stand firm. This was when I realized how hard really the game would be.

unknown.png

4.) They picked up the ball and retreated. I took some risky hits (two one dice) and pushed some ogre away and ran with a pestigor forward to make the life of the back gnoblars worse. 

unknown.png

5.) Probably I should have followed up with the beast (Conclusion: Mixed) because next turn their killer ran to my pestigor and knocked him out. The other way around they only could have done it if they had knocked down my beast.

9 nurgle players remained on the field and I lost my blitzer. Don't worry my dear readers, the pain train continued and the wrestle rotter was injured on their 3rd turn as well. 8 nurgle players had to survive the half.

6.) We was stucked on our right side so we had to reorganize our defense. With the help of two extra steps and a re-rolled block our lines looked good enough.

unknown.png

I was quite happy that my opponent did not use stand firm then. It helped to run away from the other ogres.

7.) On their forth turn they knocked out another rotter. We were diminishing like wood elves. However they formed a gnoblar triangle with the ball in the middle of the formation.

8.) It was time to wizard up. Unfortunately, it was just a knock out but a path was created to blitz the carrier. The carrier was down (knock out as well) and with another risky hit (1 dice) we really tried to protect the ball.

unknown.png

After our fourth turn we got a slight chance to stood up for the task.

9.) However, we paid the price for our bravery. They could free their frenzy player from Finish with Blackcurrant (nurgle warrior) clutches and frenzied out our dodge pestigor. 6 against 9 after five turns but the clock was ticking. They even could pick up the ball after a re-roll but stayed near our downed player because of a foul play. The foul missed and we got a chance to hit the carrier again. It was a very bad performance so the referee sent the gnoblar down. 6 against 8 looked a bit better.

10.) Before the blitz I should have moved a player to the sides (like @Nurdellsaid). However, it still would had been risky because of the cross opening in our defense.

I blitzed first and did not want to re-roll the both down result (no blocks or wrestles on both player). This meant a turnover but the ball was free again. Moreover, it was a knock out for the gnoblar. 6 versus 7 and only one gnoblar remained on the field.

unknown.png

11.) Nuffle smiled on us. Came a bone-head so they had to blitz our defender but a disturbing presence was activated so they lost the re-roll for the turn. They failed the pick up with the last gnoblar and we had a quite good scatter.

unknown.png

I tried to hit the last gnoblar (it was just a push) and retrieved the ball with my last pestigor. Here, I should have moved a tile forward with him because their ogre could run next to him with two extra steps.

unknown.png

12.) And that is just what happened after a knock down on my warrior who was next to the ogre...

At least we sweated a lot so two ogre block was repelled by our scent (2 disturbing presence) and we even confused one with these actions (1 bone-head).

13.) We succeeded to run away with our last re-roll. They lost their chance to score on their last turn. The result was 0 - 0 and I hoped the two babes would help my knock out players to wake up whilst their players would sleep another half.

Edited by Tallaseksut

1.) My knocked out players came back while one gnoblar was also pushed back to the field. They lost the +1 MA sprint one and their dirty player for the drive. We lost the wrestle rotter because of the injury. This meant we started the half with 11 versus 11.

I used a formation like above because this way we could hit two ogre (just one guard there) at the start and foul it but before the foul we blitzed a gnoblar.

unknown.png

2.) The high kick helped us catch the ball at the start of our first turn. With knocking down both ogre we really could foul one of them. It was an injury and five of them remained on the field.

unknown.png

3.) They failed their gfi blitz (twice) so they could not hit us on their first turn. I reorganized myself on my right side and tried to foul another ogre who failed his run last turn. Meanwhile I based two gnoblars hoping they would fail their dodges.

unknown.png

The foul was bad, not even a stun :gutted:

4.) I surrounded their frenzy player but forgot that he could blitz out himself. That was what he did and my blitzer was pushed out of the field. At least they used a second re-roll for that so two remained for 6 turns. Unfortunately, they even knocked out a nurgle warrior so 9 nurgle player stayed on the field (versus 10 ogre players).

5.) I tried to break through. Injured a gnoblar on the way and knocked down an ogre. I used a re-roll this turn for an extra step so I did not want to risk the dodge with the rotter on my left.

unknown.png

6.) They based us well and injured a pestigor from the cage. Third turn, third removal (8 versus 9 it was) :huh:

Correction: The dodge was with the break tackle player so it was really okay.

unknown.png

7.) I decided to pull back. We could manage to knock down the ogre threatening our back. Meanwhile I was warned that the basing gnoblar is the diving tackle one. Thanks for the tip! :cool:

So we had to knock him down as well with two dice. We pulled that off and retreated. I chose to foul the downed ogre instead of building a safe cage (Conclusion: Mixed). The foul was bad again (7+ armor break missed :gutted:).

unknown.png

8.) They got a 2 dice hit on my carrier this way and they knocked him down. The scatter was bad.

I tried to hit the gnoblar with 3 dice so I could move with the nurgle warrior but the hit did not connect. After that I saw only one option (Conclusion: Bad ordering). Push an ogre who did not have stand firm with one dice. We failed to push him twice (double skull). So they really got a chance to pick up the ball.

unknown.png

9.) They injured another nurgle player (rotter and an ST bust) so 7 nurgle player stayed on the field. At least they failed a re-roll so both teams wasted all of theirs and they could not pick up the ball.

unknown.png

10.) At this time I knew that we will fight courageously for a draw. I stunned a gnoblar at the back and tried to hit another one twice (all with 3 dice). Probably I should not hit twice one of them (got out from the reach of the beast). I could dodge away with my dodge pestigor to have a backup if we had to run.

unknown.png

11.) They scattered the ball away twice and an ogre picked it up without a re-roll lol

unknown.png

12.) I knocked down an ogre next to the stunned gnoblar so I would have three movable players. I could not knock down their gnoblar next to my pestigor but we hit well another ogre and based their carrier with a warrior.

unknown.png

13.) They had two turns left. However, they failed to blitz my nurgle warrior (bone-head) next to the carrier so they put two gnoblars in scoring range.

unknown.png

14.) I blitzed the rightmost gnoblar and stunned him. I put my pestigor near the sides so they could not run there after a team-mate throw.

One gnoblar stayed in range. I based him with a rotter. I tried to hit one gnoblar with the beast to free my pestigor. Here maybe I could hit with the pestigor because a tentacle player would have been nice next to the last scoring threat.

In reality, it did not matter because I could not knock the gnoblar down. After this I tried to dodge away from the gnoblar so I base the last one near their carrier and create an obstacle for their run. The first 2/3 dodge failed.

unknown.png

15.) They tried to push away my nurgle warrior. First try failed due to a bone-head but the next one (blitz with the downed block ogre) connected. They could run. 

unknown.png

However the disturbing presence came handy and we survived the game.

First match and it was extremely hard to concentrate on so much different skills but we managed to grab a draw! :sir:

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD1 - Summary

First match of the season and we came out of it quite well.

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half 4.

Firstly, we will check my risky lonely wolf pestigor run from the first half. This is what happened there:

unknown.png

Maybe, I should have planned on the success of the 1 dice hits and could position like this. Not real events still in white like colour and this goes for order change as well.

unknown.png

The basic difference is that I base those two ogres as well who can blitz my pestigor and I change an 50% dodge to a 33% + 50% dodge. The real gain is that they would had to blitz my beast first or would had taken a break tackle dodge.

Math says it is not that of a big gain. The two 2 dice hits with frenzy before the blitz is 88,48% (to run with the piling on player) whilst the break tackle dodge combined with a blitz is 97,22%.

Conclusion: Mixed, a bit harder for them to strike but I lose a recalled defender and give them one more block chance on a warrior.

- Key moments - first half 10.

This moment is about when my opponent picked up the ball. I think the play and the order was well until the 8th move (pick up).

unknown.png

After the pick up there was plenty of room to retreat and after that there would had been still a chance to foul my downed player which was the 9th action above (without the retreat).

unknown.png

Conclusion: I understand that the carrier give +1 to foul roll (7+ instead of 8+) and protected the frenzy ogre from push out being a target  but in my opinion taking the ball to a safer place is a better option, considering there is 3 more turns and I have 6 players on the field.

- Key moments - second half 7.

This moment is about my cage before the third foul on an ogre.

unknown.png

I think the difference between a safe cage and the foul is do I beleive in winning this match (foul to even the numbers) or do I go for a stall game to reach the draw. I tried to win. 8 versus 8 looks better than 8 versus 9 with 5 ogres.

Conclusion: Mixed. Maybe next turn there would had been another opportunity but I'm really not sure about that.

- Key moments - second half 8.

This will be the last and is about the "After that I saw only one option. push an ogre who did not have stand firm with one dice." part. I really struggled in this situation because I would wanted to pick up the ball with the pestigor. 

After rewatching it more times I realized that my move there is not bad but the ordering is not the best. The ogre have two ball protecting players, one with side step and the ogre do not possess without stand firm.

First 3 dice hit is okay with the beast so that stays and the nurgle warrior repositioning is essential for the 1 dice push.

unknown.png

So instead of losing a ball protector the blitz with the pestigor is the third action. It is a 3 dice hit and worst case scenario it give us another ball protector next to a gnoblar.

The 4th action is tricky. If the gnoblar goes next to the rotter and standing then it is another hit. If not then it is a dodge (we have a re-roll so it is 8/9). The place of the dodge is based on the gnoblar's position but it either to base him better or have another ball protector.

The fifth action could be what we tried if we still have a theoretical re-roll and the sixth is a free hit on another gnoblar.

Conclusion: Bad ordering. Here I should have understood that protecting the ball is more important than picking it up. Because the latter is quite impossible.

What went well:

Defense in both drive was okay. However I made there some mistakes as well :D

We survived the biggest strength and removal threat without too painful injuries. However other big threats will come later.

- Basicly I had to concentrate so much on other skills that I forgot about the diving tackle player for a while.

- In some moments I mixed up the side step skill (example: Key moments - second half 10.).
- At least once I should have considered the frenzy better (example: Key moments - second half 3.).

Developement:

- Earl Grey Dipping (Pestigor) joined the team.
- Lemon Cure (Rotter) joined the team.
Fantastically Fun Figs (Pestigor) suffered -1 AV injury and left the team.
- Cheesecake Feeling (Rotter) [Lvl 2; Kick] suffered a -1 ST injury and left the team. He was our first player with spp (10/16) who was kicked out.

Extra Coffee Flavour (Rotter) [Lvl 2; Wrestle] suffered a niggling injury. I will decide his faith later because we lack blocks and wrestles for now.

Edited by Tallaseksut

In 6) second half, that dodge was with a break tackle player, I think. So technically a 2+. But it succeeded and I was pondering if I should be dodging 4+ into 3 tackle zones next to the ball carrier, or not. Decided not to.

And at the last turn, there was 4th snotpilot in the background of the picture - ready to receive and fly to victory if everything else fails. And even in tentacles, technically he could receive the handoff and go flying. But yeah - those are all 3+ (receive), 4+ (launch), 4+ (land) rolls, or 2 5+ rolls respectively. One 5+ receive and dodge is way better.

I'd imagine you use wizard on an ogrobot later, or fireball the formation. Since the snotcage is just a simple dodge 'out of tacklezones', titchies don't make dodge harder. But you did what you did, I was relieved that I don't have to deal with any atmospheric occurrences later. And it was a really unfortunate scatter for us. Overall, a great match for me - I could do some nice pushthroughs, and frenzy worked wonders. With way fewer boneheads than it could have been. And none of my payers 'upgraded' to a rotter.

Edited by Nurdell

• 2 weeks later...

S22 - Division 4C - MD2

On our second match we encountered a chaos dwarf team. They lost their block, break tackle bull centaur for this week but gathered 190k inducements because of this. Both teams came with eleven players before the inducements and that was preferable for the higher armor value dwarves.

Engineering Chaos (Chaos Dwarf):

1.) Strengths: 

9 armor value for 7 players and the six block, tackle dwarves. We still lacked blocks (one block pestigor because the wrestle rotter was injured for the week) and had just a dodge player who would easily be counterable by the tackle players.

Apart from the starter advantages they build up two guard and a claw blocker player and put +1 strentgh (and a block) on the remaining centaur so they had a counter for our strong guys as well. 

2.) Weakness:

The lost bull centaur, their overall strength and speed.

I expected a wizard, bloodweiser babe (200k) or a block bull centaur mercanary (200k) inducement. They hired the latter so they had a substitute hobgoblin and could put on the field 11 players with block like skills after the inducement phase.

1.) They attacked first but was blitzed at the start.

unknown.png

We tried to push their right side.

unknown.png

2.) We survived the first wave of blocks (5 blocks, 4 attacked player and 3 hit) and they  presented us with a foul opportunity because the mercanary centaur missed his second extra step. We hit a dwarf and started our neverending fight with the skull rolls. First really stupid roll (Double Skull counter: 0; Skull counter: 1).

Because of the really stupid we dropped the plan to foul the lying centaur and tried to call back our front pestigor. The dodge failed two times :gutted:

unknown.png

Our rigth side stayed still but at this point it was not a disaster.

3.) We survived their second turn claw attack as well. After regrouping our back defense we planned an attack through our left side. 

unknown.png

Did not go well (Double Skull counter: 1; Skull counter: 1). I forced a loner re-roll (Conclusion: Greedy re-roll usage). It was a more demanding turnover but still was not that bad (beast and two pestigors down).

4.) They could break through (Conclusion: Risky break through) but left the carrier in our beast's range. Needed a 1 dice push and a successful really stupid. Oh wait, another fail from the beast tonight (Double Skull counter: 1; Skull counter: 2).

unknown.png

I pulled back my players before the 1 dice block but there was a clear path to score for the chorf team. I even knocked out a dwarf. My only mistake was that I thought by standing up with the pestigor near the sideline I would had gotten +1 dice. That was an evil guard dwarf so nothing gained here (and next turn it is an easy push for them). All in all, last re-roll wasted. At last, I pulled back my dodge pestigor to make their march harder.

unknown.png

5.) So they pushed out my pestigor on the sides. The numbers were even. However, they pulled out a very risky play from their sleeves (Conclusion: Risky defense).

unknown.png

First, they pushed my blitzer next to their carrier and with their last movement (apart from the carrier) they injured the blitzer (he would miss match day 3 as well :wacko:). Even a down would had been good for us there. At this point they retreated to the midfield and after this turn that was the safe choice.

6.) So nine nice nurgle brawler against 10 cruel chaos somethings.

unknown.png

I really was not sure whether to attack with the beast or stood up with him next to the claw player so I postponed that decision. I did not blitz with the ST5 nurgle warrior because I'm stupid so I had to blitz with the other one. It meant 1 movement loss (yes the picture is lying and does not count the blitz -1 movement) because I wanted to go rightward. However, this night we played turnover (Double Skull counter: 2; Skull counter: 2).

7.) On the bright side, they stayed at the midfield next turn and we still did not suffer from the claw. As a last resort, I blitzed next to their carrier and the beast was up.

unknown.png

They hit us hard, very hard. The crucial moment was an armor break on our back nurgle warrior. If they could not do it we would have had a chance to push away the ST5 bull centaur and move next to their carrier with the beast (still ST5, stand firm with guard).

Talking about armor breaks...

unknown.png

unknown.png

Welcome to the "Those who cheat death" club Strawberry.

8.) We organized a defense line and even tried to dodge near their carrier. It was meant to fail. At this point they needed just one push and an extra step run to score but they stalled another round.

unknown.png

They left us a clear hit on their carrier. We just needed to base the centaur with somebody (dwarf had guard, thus it would be a 1 dice block). With their failed hobgoblin dodge it was not hard to accomplish.

9.) Unfortunately, we could just push away the carrier so we tried to finish our defense line with two extra steps. The first failed.

unknown.png

10.) With a re-roll in hand the remaining extra step for them to score was not that big and they scored.

11.) After the kick they could rearrange their defense line (perfect defense). At least, we knocked out a dwarf with a foul at the end.

Edited by Tallaseksut

We started the second half with one player disadvantage (10 versus 11) because one knocked out player came back from each team. The weather changed to sweltering heat so I was sure if anybody would score that would be in the last minutes of the game.

1.) They kicked the ball near the midfield so I surrounded it. But oh dear, we rolled a really stupid at the line of scrimmage (Double Skull counter: 2; Skull counter: 3).

unknown.png

2.) They stunned a nurgle warrior with the claw player and put up a good defense. I tried to position my beast next to 2 or 4 ST3 pieces (can't remember what was the exact plan) but I think you can guess what happened. Another really stupid in the pool (Double Skull counter: 2; Skull counter: 4).

So the next step was to create a little space on the sides for our attack. What should I say? It was horrendous.

unknown.png

Let's meet our friend, the quad skull (Double Skull counter: 4; Skull counter: 4).

3.) After two really disappointing turns (for the nurgles of course) they came closer to suffocate us. They blitzed with the claw player but we survived it yet again. Meanwhile they stunned our front, lying nurgle warrior with a foul. Because of the foul, they concentrated 6 players on one side so there was a narrow path to break through.

unknown.png

I pushed the wrong dwarf for the break through, but in reality I could not make it because our carrier was too far away from their defense line. So we moved a bit closer.

4.) The only problem was that they hit us hard and 4 out od 5 hits connected. It would had been crucial that the beast stands up but this night was not about success (Double Skull counter: 4; Skull counter: 5)...

unknown.png

I knocked out their claw player but they healed him right at the point (apothecary lost). We made two extra steps for the run but could not spare a player for protection (or more precisely I did not risk the 2 dodge, 2 going for it play with the pestigor next to the bull centaur).

unknown.png

5.) They pulled off the 1 dice hit to free a dwarf and they could rush on us with a going for it. It was important because our carrier was a skilled dodger. The hit was clear and later they even picked up the ball.

6.) However, we could reclaim it with a dodge, blitz combination and a pick up. The only problem was that the blitz was carried out by a hit pestigor so I had to choose between staying on the side (and pushed out next turn with a blitz) or moving next to a block, tackle dwarf with my last movement. I choose the dwarf :D

After this we burned a re-roll because of a double skull but hey, at least after it we could push away a random dwarf (Double Skull counter: 5; Skull counter: 5).

At this point it was clear that I should move more players near my carrier to help him. We just needed two 2/3 dodge from two pestigors. We managed to do that!

unknown.png

7.) They knocked down my pestigor right away, did not even needed the blitz for that and based my two helper pestigors with the two bull centaurs (one of them needed a blitz for it). It seems I should have put my back nurgle warrior (see above) on the free centaur instead of protecting our back (Conclusion: Miscalculated defense). 

8.) At this point I tried to dodge away from one centaur to help my lying pestigor with a blitz on the dwarf. Lost my last re-roll and failed the dodge as well.

unknown.png

9.) They failed the pick up but it was a scatter, two scatters by the way, and it was bad.

unknown.png

10.) My last remorse (because I failed to move with my free rotter last turn) was to dodge away with my dodge pestigor (success) and push the bull centaur away with 1 dice for a 2/3 dodge or a follow up run if I could find a hit. We missed :gutted:

unknown.png

11.) They tried to knock down my pestigor in scoring range but it failed. Thus they needed 3 extra steps to protect  the ball with the bull centaur. It was a success. They even pulled off a 2/3 dodge, 2 extra steps play from a hobgoblin (without re-roll) to diminish our chance to score.

12.) We failed the first dodge and I misclicked not to use the dodge skill but as you can see below it would be very hard to pick up the ball with the rotter (1/2, 1/3 dodge; 1/6 pick up probably; pass; intrception and a catch).

unknown.png

13.) In the end they could not score a second (one hobgoblin was in scoring range for a long pass) and fortunately the claw player could just knock out two important players from my team in the last two turns (so no injuries there). The score stayed 1-0 for their side.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD2 - Summary

Second match of the season and it was a little bit disappointing, mostly because of the beast but was okay considering the injured players. Sorry @crowdog09for not talking too much during the game but I tend t think a lot even under my opponent's turn.

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half between 3. and 4.

Firstly, we will check the break through from the chaos dwarves. I would vote fot a safer cage for the first break through, so something like this:

unknown.png

Instead of:

unknown.png

In both cases my back line defender pestigor can push with two red dice but in the safer solution he is based by a dwarf that means a tackle skill which counters the dodge on the pestigor.

I would write on the plus side as well that I can't move the beast next to the carrier.

On the negative side I can put the basing on the sideline because that is carried out by a hobgoblin without guard and enables the two dice push for me on the dwarf next to the beast. However, it still puts the side pestigor in danger (standing up at the side of the pitch) and does not have that big advantage (moving the beast next to the carrier after the push).

Probably with the safe solution I would had tried to blitz on the upper right side of the cage (from my viewpoint) with the lying pestigor.

Conclusion: Risky break through which enabled the beast to act and cause trouble which in reality failed.

- Key moments - first half 5.

In this situation my concerns are not that straighforward or we could say that the solution is versatile and isn't that clear. You can see in the match log that my main problem was the push of the pestigor next to the carrier. 

So the first three steps are very good. If the dwarves decided to push out my side pestigor then this is the way. After that I think pushing upwards (4th, 5th and 7th steps if needed) can put the carrier in a more comfortable situation. The 7th hit is even carried out by the claw dwarf (I know it was an injury in real life as well but the probabilities differ). After the 7th step the dwarves still can hit my last standing pestigor at the half-line and have 2 free hobgoblins to move.

unknown.png

(Side note: the pestigor arrow colors does not match the usual usage. It should be whitish because the real push happened towards the other way.)

Conclusion: Risky defense that could put the carrier in danger.

What went well:

The casualty toll was okay (just one miss next game injury).

Improve the re-roll usage a bit.

Developement:

- Finish with Blackcurrant (Nurgle Warrior) learned to block.

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD3

On our third match we encountered a wood elf team. They started with a loner player and we had 140k inducement money because we missed our block, sure hands pestigor. That was a bit hard considering their strip ball wardancer.

The Garden of Even (Wood Elf):

1.) Strengths: 

They had 3 well developed player (the 2 wardancers and a catcher) and a forth block, dodge catcher. This meant 4 blodge players, one MA9, AG5 tackle, frenzy wardancer, another tackle, strip ball, sidestep wardancer and a MA9, sprint, sidestep, guard catcher. 

2.) Weakness:

The other players were almost without skill. They could present a kick and dodge player but that's it. 

The plan was simple. They lacked substitutes (one loner player as I mentioned before) so we had to remove their 3 key players and some other.

1.) We induced a wizard and gave them the oppurtinity to attack. At the start of the match we could surprise them and move before the first round.

unknown.png

Two of their essential players was on the line of scrimmage we hugged on with the beast whilst based the other with a wrestle rotter (in fact that basing was their starting decesion).

unknown.png

2.) They thought a lot what to do but in the end attacked our beast (and burned a re-roll because of the foul appearance). By the way, the tree unleashed its roots for the drive :D

unknown.png

At the end they fouled the beast and did not have enough time to move the second wardancer.

3.) After surviving the foul we got an opportunity to stand up with the beast next to their three essential players. However we continued where we left off last time. Really stupid again... :gutted:

unknown.png

At the end we injured and elf and put up a decent defense formation. So 10 elf remained for the rest of the game and we had our second 4 SPP nurgle warrior!

4.) Another foul on the beast was inevitible but we survived it again. More importantly one wardancer stayed there and the other went deeper into our field (Conclusion: Going too deep unprotected). They could manage to knock down my wrestle player next to him but that was still enough for a blitz.

5.) The beast stood up! So one wardancer hopefully catched and we just had to deal with the other. The hit was clear. Unfortunately the armor break was followed by a stun however the foul worked.

unknown.png

The MA9, AG5, frenzy wardancer was out for the drive. 9 elf players stayed on the field against 10 nurgle players (the referee sent off our nice fouler player :gutted:).

6.) They knocked down the beast and switched sides. But there was a price for it. They had to call their guard player for reaching a 2d block against the beast. Thus, he was left in close range combat. Unfortunately, they pulled off an 1/2, 2/3, 5/6 dodge play (okay, an auto re-roll was included at the start) which blocked our path to wrestle down the wardancer. This way we could not hurt their two remaining key players in the same turn.

We knocked down their left catcher but the armor break was just not there. After rearranging our defense we fouled him but still could not break his armor (Conclusion: Overcommitting players on one side).

unknown.png

7.) Next turn they tried to  open a path for themselves with the remaining wardancer. He made the dodges but the foul appearance helped us out. They moved the ball backwards to safety and continued the attack on our nurgle warrior in the middle. The second hit knocked him out (9 versus 9 now) :gutted:

It was essential because without the hit the wardancer would had remained next to the warrior. 

8.) At this point we had to accomplish some goals.

- Hit the wardancer.
- Foul the wardancer.
- Get closer to the carrier.

unknown.png

The problem was that without the warrior at our back we needed an assist from a rotter and not the dirty player one. It meant an extra step and we lost the re-roll for the turn. We attacked the dancer and failed to knock him down with our block nurgle warrior.

We repositioned ourselves and sneaked forward with our dodge pestigor just to fail that dodge twice :huh:

unknown.png

9.) They moved to our right side and finished their turn (again with evil dodges) at the half-line. 

unknown.png

Dear readers, you can't check the picture but what is important there that they placed their 2 catchers and even the wardancer under one fireball range. It was time to call the heavy artillery.

The result was astonishing. The wardancer and the carrier was knocked out and their third important player was knocked down. Seven of them stayed on the field.

After a re-rolled dodge we picked up the ball and ran forward.

unknown.png

10.) They put their catcher next to our carrier and failed a re-rolled dodge for a turnover. The main problem we faced on our turn was that the catcher picked up sidestep in the past. So we needed to block his path and hit him or dodge out of his range.

We just did not have enough well placed player to be obstacles. However, we managed to clear a path for our wrestle rotter and the 3 dice block worked, catcher was on the ground with him.

unknown.png

11.) They attacked our carrier with two red dice after two extra steps (one was re-rolled).

unknown.png

Sometimes being an elf just sucks :cool:
12.) After another well timed really stupid from the beast we based their only player in scoring range and guarded their catcher as well. We did not want to score this turn because they had a remaining one turner on the field and another who was knocked out (but could come back after the touchdown).

13.) They last turn was simple. The catcher went next to our carrier and they planned a revenge on our wrestle rotter with niggling injury. I think that went well :gutted:

unknown.png

No more extra coffee for you in this "life"...

14.) With a re-roll in hand we tried to hit the carrier but failed to knock him down. After that we dodged away and scored. 1 - 0 for the nurgles!

Edited by Tallaseksut

1.) Nobody woke up from his concussion so 9 nurgle players stood against 7 elves with only one important catcher. We attacked so it was crucial to score and to score as late as possible.

2.) They kicked the ball on our right side and we had an opportunity for a catch there (high kick). It was good, our dodge pestigor caught the ball. We knocked out an elf in our first round (however we needed a re-roll for that) so six remained on the field.

unknown.png

3.) The tree almost rooted again but was saved by a re-roll :D

The "they screen we move" game had started.

4.) We fouled the tree and got a stun out of it. Better than nothing.

unknown.png

5.) They made their first cage dive, two red dice attack with the catcher. It failed. The beast hugged the catcher and we got away as far as we could from the tree. We lost a re-roll in the process, just one remained.

unknown.png

6.) The tree rooted and even failed the stand up (five moveable wood elf player was on the pitch) :D

This way they wasted the blitrz and even their catcher stayed where he was (nice tentacles).

7.) Next turn we used our last re-roll to free one side of the cage. It was getting tense and interesting!

However, we could not free all sides of the cage because we would had to risk a one dice block at the end. The important thing was we stunned an elf and 4 of their players (including the tree and the stunned one) was down.

Next turn the tree stood up but was still rooted.

unknown.png

They put an elf next to our carrier. Unfortunately our block player was on the other side. We had to trust in an 8/9 to free the ball. We managed to switch sides. 

unknown.png

8.) They blitzed one of our pestigors and they re-rolled the skulls into a both down. This was a lucky one. Turnover for them at the start!

9.) The plan was to go next to the catcher with the beast. Ooops...really stupid :wacko:
We surrounded them as much as we could and even tried a dodge again which failed but did not matter that much.

unknown.png

10.) Their last resort was to put the usual catcher next to our carrier. They managed to accomplish that (1/2; 5/6 dodge). 

11.) Without a re-roll we had to dodge or do a blockless hit. We chose the latter because we could arrange a three dice one. We missed the armor break on the catcher once again. On our 15th turn (they would have 2 more) it was clear we had to score so we did just that. 2 - 0 for the nurgles!

12.) The frenzy wardancer came back so they had two MA9 pieces on the field, one with sidestep and sprint. I did not thought they would try two one-turner but that just what happened here. Nice try @Iltanir, nice try :sir:

unknown.png

They managed to put the catcher in scoring range (with 3 extra steps) but the catch failed.

unknown.png

Now they had one turn to score and even that was in danger. We hugged the catcher with the beast, blitzed the wardancer and stunned him even secured the ball as much as we could with one extra step.

unknown.png

The score stayed at 2 - 0 for our side this time!

Edited by Tallaseksut

S22 - Division 4C - MD3 - Summary

We grabbed our first victory this season on match day 3. I expected my team to be in the mid of this division at the end. Now we are closer to our goal.

Play analysis:

- Key moments - first half 4.

This moment isn't illustrated in details because the possible outcomes are vast. This was the starting setup for their second turn.

unknown.png

What is important here that the beast is down and only one rotter interferes with the elf line (two other elves has protectors on my side of the field but they can be moved back easily with a dodge).

Hitting the rotter, this is the dirty player one, is okay (instead of 3 35/36 dodge), the only problem with it that after the hit at least one key player stays next to the beast. However it created a dodge, 1 dice, 2 dice, 2 dice crowd surf which did not happen because the wardancer first 1 dice hit was a simple block and wasn't re-rolled. So this part is quite reasonable.

They finished their turn like this.

unknown.png

I think my only concern is that after the failed surf attempt the wardancer still had 2 movements (and two extra steps) so sending him deep was not a good idea (the hit happened 1 tile away from his current position). He got a decoy score threat there and they knocked down my wrestle rotter but that was all the protection. A follow up would have helped from the elf who knocked down my wrestle rotter, blocking his path towards the dancer.

In the end, we got the opportunity to blitz and foul one of their key players on our third turn.

Conclusion: Going too deep unprotected.

- Key moments - first half 6.

The second foul attempt had a toll on their team because the beast could stand up in our second turn.

In details, they turn 2 action chain required 4 players next to the beast (Key moments - first half 4th event), one block, one blitz block helper, one foul helper and that elf who made the foul (roles defined by their main action so the block and block helper helped in the foul as well).

So somehow they had to move four players away from the beast in their 3rd turn. 

unknown.png

They had to move their guard player in block range, use a 1 dice block (another elf stayed on this side of the field) to hit a rotter, move an elf next to the beast (3rd elf), hit the beast (4th elf) just to ran away with two players (one is the wardancer who is blitzing below).  

unknown.png

An 1/2, 2/3, 5/6 dodge finished their screen (we could not hurt their wardancer easily) but they sacraficed their front player this way (by sacraficing I mean moving him backwards).

unknown.png

In the end the we could foul one of their key players in our 3rd turn.

unknown.png

Conclusion: In their first few turns I think they overcommitted players to remove the beast. At first, it looked okay but after loosing their first wardancer it was risky to sacrafice their MA9, sprint, sidestep, guard  catcher as well. 

He survived but the 2 armor rolls (hit and foul in our 3rd turn) could had been catastrophic.

What went well:

The wizard was a great help combined with our wrestle rotter. Unfortunatly, I lost the rotter in the first half but that is how niggling works. At least, he did not get the MVP.

It was okay this time.

Developement:

Usual Random Hops (Pestigor) learned to block.
- Papaya Pick (Rotter) joined the team.
- Extra Coffee Flavour (Rotter) [Lvl 2; Wrestle; Niggling injury] died.

Edited by Tallaseksut