When Bbmanager Is Down

Doomy77

Just adding that I'm affected by a problem as well. "BB Manager has encountered a user-defined breakpoint" followed by crash. Also a Windows 10 user who used it fine on first conversion to Win 10. Don't recall a big update though.

So, when I start BB Manager on my Win10 I get an error I haven't seen.

"BB Manager has encountered a user-defined breakpoint"

Anyone seen it and have an idea what to do?

Yep got the same since the Win 10 Update

I uninstalled it then used a programme to block it from installing

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

basically install it, click "hide updates" and select the one from the list and BManager is back running

All credit for finding and sorting goes to Lord Jair I'm just the typing monkey :)

Thanks for the tip !

Of course, BBM was bad enough. Installing further programs and deferring updates (of unknown importance) just to keep BBM running is not something I will do.

(I guess it's time to see if it works on the old computer)

Well as long as OCC rules that no game will be validated unless we load them into BBM, I guess we have no real other options than defering this update.

Jair seems to have identified the rogue update...KB 3132372 appears to be the culprit

Yup. Uninstalling this appears o fix the problem. I'll try to upload a replay right now.

Double yup. Game replayed and uploaded. Whew!

Well as long as OCC rules that no game will be validated unless we load them into BBM, I guess we have no real other options than defering this update.

There's always the option to leave the league. I still haven't even managed to make head or tail of how to defer the update.

But then I don't know how to talk to Microsoft either, so it's probably just me.

I got a Win7 box somewhere around here, watching the replay on it and uploading should work.

Awards

There's always the option to leave the league. 

You suggest to leave the league because of microsoft inability to deliver a proper product ?!

Well, no comment.

You suggest to leave the league because of microsoft inability to deliver a proper product ?!

Well, no comment.

I suggest leaving the league because it demands me leaving my computer open for hostile flash exploits just to "report matches" through a flash program that's been on the last lap for a couple of years and regularly fails.

The league could work without it, and did for the first seasons. There are also less intrusive and risky methods already worked out and in use in other leagues, and OCC has a subforum dedicated to make its own version instead of asking for someone elses, but those efforts seem to have petered out again.

Awards

I really appreciate the stats available from BBM. Those available via your alternatives?

If a better and more modern version of BBM surfaced, would anyone really mind switching?

Most of them are better than BBM, especially now that BBM doesn't allow the formation of metaleagues (since those had to be handcrafted by SuperJC)

But it would be a notable amount of work getting them up and running, so I'm suspecting I'll have to fire up my old computer for a while, until that too gets the same flash update and BBM stops working for everyone at the same time.

Awards

Password recovery:

Ask SuperJC on IRC to reset it (He can only reset it because he doesn't store passwords), or send him an email to morgnthorg at ymail dot com with your coach name

* You look for the "user.config" file on your hard disk ; in the search window, check "search hidden files". This file contains your user/password.

Method 2 being the by far the fastest.

Worth mentioning:

Your BBm account is largely irrelevant to the league, you could in theory create a new one for each match you upload and the league would be fine. For your own sake though it's proably a good idea to have the same account so you can go back and check stuff easily.

I guess method 2 won't work when I have a new pc since last time I used BBM. So I have created a new useraccount. I have been on a 3 year break so I also assumed I had changed email. However it said my regular email account was in use when I created my new bbm account. Thus I find it strange that I dont recieve the pw reset email, and I have checked the spamfolder too... 

As I dont really need the stuff from 3 years ago, I'm fine with my new account now that its working.