Orca-Cola Cast #5 : Blood Bowl 2 Bonanza! Ft. Gauthier Brunet, Cyanide Project Manager

xanderv

We've had Blood Bowl podcasts for years and none of them has been given a C&D.

I don't think any of the other podcasts have existed in an era when it was possible to get future developments out from the horse's mouth, as it were.  This is GW licensing we're talking about, they play for keeps, always, I don't think it's wise to burn bridges with a company that just might be coming around looking for Beta testers in a few month time.

When did they last pay much attention to their beta testers? lol

However, you are of course right.

Well this is true, I keep hoping that the blood, sweat and tears that the server migration cost me might be remembered by the powers that be at Cyanide, but no such luck as yet.  It's probably a naive hope to think I could make much difference in any case. :D

I think the episode modification is much more about respecting Dode than GW. If anything under NDA had been broken, it could have burned the bridge between Dode and GW since he was the one with the NDA. I think we did it for him and not because we were 'scared' of whatever GW would have done.

The modified episode has less 'oomph' than the original (which was definitely one of my favourites), but I like to think that it's a fair episode on its own.

Correct. Freki originally made the pitch to Games Workshop. They vetoed two things : Star players and races.

Don't worry, that would have been the very first question I would have asked.

So hang on, bit behind things - they veto'd having all the star players? Or some star players picked randomly from a hat, or ones they think they don't have models for (technically all I guess) or what?

(And I guess veto'd random teams, just Slann or other ones?)

Well since my purchase hinges on more stars and at least the same availability of teams, good luck to them. Fed up of not being able to use Skaven and the like, the like being teams I can only cope with when I have the full range of stars to play with (oh and the option not to have to take journeymen). High machine specs are working against them purchase wise as I have to run with everything minimised currently...