Hobnail Bootas Team Blog

Hobnail

Our first season was better than I thought, not only did we win the Dirty Git Award, 2 Eagle Eyes, a Dead Dwarf and the Bookieman.....but we also won "Serial Killer" for most kills inflicted in T5 as well as "Bell Ringer" for most KOs inflicted in the Tier. Fletch did well ;)

Tier 6 mate...

OK, MD1 of Season 24. So mayhem caused this week, but not all by the boot and to a team 650TV higher than me!! I took Grashnak Blackhoof to double up the ST6 mino fun and killed a lvl2 ChD in T2 by the boot (which was apoed(ill-advisedly imo)). Grashnak then went on to kill his lvl 4 Minotaur and X booted the less talented BCentaur to death. However the AG4 BC managed to only end up being  :zP: on each of the four blocks he suffered from the Minotaurs, so no chance to foul his ugly ass! He also scored a hattrick.

Fouls Thrown: 8

Sent Off: 2

Failed to break armour: 2

Stun: 3

KO: 1

Cas: 2 (Dead & Dead (apo to BH)) 

MD2 was against Verbal's Norse - and he bought his 1-0 victory in blood....and then some. Grashnak played for the second week and betw him and Fletch and the fouling we had notched up 5 casualties in the first 6 turns.....including an apo burn on the Shitbags' star berserker from Dead to -ST. But assuming the 2 -ST both retire, we trimmed 220TV from his squad (plus a MNG for next week).

We ended up one cas short of the award, mostly due to me only actually having 5 turns with players to use in the second half and both minotaurs being fouled out to KO.

Sent Off: 4

Failed to break armour: 0

Stun: 5

KO: 1

Cas: 2 (-ST & BH) 

Astonishingly - Verbal's 2D6 was running just over +18 with mine just over +22!! Shame the game only lasted just over half an hour :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

MD3 sees us playing MadMons' DaE. Grashnak seems to have lost his bus fare home, because he played yet again....but the Minotaurs obviously had a steak dinner, because they really werent interested today. However, the dice played ball - I didnt use a single RR all game and ended up winning 2-1.

Fouls Thrown: 12
Sent Off: 2
Failed to break armour: 4
Stun: 2
KO: 3
Cas: 3 (BHx3)

• 5 weeks later...

MD7 vs MeeBee's Amazons was much more like it - after a practice half followed by a dc.....we each conceded a defensive TD, but Fletch was on fire and the fouling found its mark again. 6 cas and lots of KO. Poor old MeeBee is a bit short-handed for next week!

Sent Off: 0

Failed to break armour: 1

Stun: 3

KO: 2

Cas: 2 (BH:MNG)

OK - we haven't discussed skills for some time.

My rather dysfunctional - and I use the term loosely - Quarterback......has gained his third skill tonight.

He already has Dirty Player and +AG

I have rolled 6+4.

He already has Dirty Player so am free to do what I like.....and whilst I recognise the significant benefit of MA7 over MA6, does everyone agree that this muppet needs block, like yesterday!