Welsh Open 2013 Feb 2Nd And 3Rd 2013

Hawca

Welcome to our 4th showing in Wales.

The event will be help at the Dodger as last year with food both days.

At a Cost of £20/£26 (depending on NAF registration) including food both days

Paypal nafwales@gmail.com with your Name, NAF Name and NAF Number

Introduction

Welcome to the Welsh Open! This is the player pack, which contains all the important information you require to compete at the Welsh Open. Important dates, tournament rules and other details can all be found in this document. I hope your entire experience with the Welsh Open is both enjoyable and successful. I look forward to the tournament immensely and hope we can all strive to make the Welsh Open a wonderful event.

The Players

All the players that attend the Tournament are expected to conduct themselves appropriately throughout the tournament. That includes playing the game in the right spirit, making sure they have everything they need (dice, templates, clear team rosters and their team!) and in general contributing to a friendly environment where everyone can enjoy both their games and the time spent in between rounds with their peers. The tournament organizers will do their best to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and everything is provided to enable the players to get as much enjoyment as possible from the event, and likewise the players should do their utmost to hold up their end of the bargain. Most important of all, enjoy yourself!

The Officials

The officials for the tournament are 100% committed to ensuring that your Welsh Open experience is the best it can possibly be. Our job is to make sure everything runs smoothly and that you can concentrate solely on your task at hand and that is to play the best you can for 2 days against likeminded people that share your love of the Bloodbowl hobby. We would like to state we are looking forward to the event as much as the players and pledge to do our best to run the event as smoothly and professionally as possible.

The Tournament

Tournament Officials: Hawca, Dapiranha, Sfisher91

When: 2nd & 3rd February 2012

Where: The Dodger Pub, Newport

Start Time: 9-30 Saturday 4th & 10-30 Sunday 5th

General Format

Team Size: 110000 Rounds: 6

The Welsh Open is being run using the latest Bloodbowl competition rules.

All teams may be used including Slann, Chaos Pact & Underworld.

Coaches have a maximum of 1,100,000 to build their team and teams must consist of a minimum of 11 players. 1 Star Player per team is allowed and only after the minimum 11 players has been purchased.

Your team must be painted with a minimum of three colours and based. The all models must be numbered as per the roster.

All models must be WYSIWYG and proxies are not allowed.

Players have 48 star player points to distribute to your players after your team has been bought.

A maximum of 16 spp per player. Doubles are allowed, but only on the second skill a player has. No additional spp will be earned.

A maximum of 4 duplicate skills are permitted, i.e.: 4 players with block, 4 with guard, not 5 with block.

There will be a stunty cup for Ogres, Goblins, Halflings and Underworld with no Skaven.

Illegal procedures will not be called throughout the tournament.

The 4 minute turn limit will not be specifically enforced throughout the tournament. There is however a strict 2 hour time limit for each game. If an official believes that a game will not be completed within the allotted time they may enforce the 4 minute rule.

All inducements except for wizards can be used.

All players will be healed back to full starting strength before each match

Tournament Scoring

Points for the games will be awarded accordingly:

15 points for a win

5 points for a draw

1 point for a loss

1 point for every TD higher than your opponent

1 point for ever casualty higher than your opponent

-15 points for conceding

Head to Head result will be used in the event of a tiebreaker situation followed by Touchdowns and casualties after that.

Prizes

Trophies/prizes will be awarded for the following:

Welsh Open Winner

Wesh Open Runner Up

Most Touchdowns

Most Casualties

Stunty Cup Winner

Best Painted Team

Wooden Spoon

Ticket Prices

Ticket Price is £20 for NAF members and £26 for non-members for the weekend, this cost includes breakfast on Saturday and lunch both days.

Final Word

As we mentioned at the start we hope everybody has fun during our

tournament. If you have any further questions or queries, please don’t hesitate

to contact us

Saturday9-30 Breakfast & Registration

10-00 Game 1

12-00 to 13-30 Lunch

13-45 Game 2

15-45 Break

16-00 Game 3

18-00 Day 1 close

Sunday10-30 Breakfast & Registration

11-00 Game 1

13-00 to 14-30 Lunch

14-45 Game 2

16-45 Break

17-00 Game 3

19-00 Day 2 close & Awards

Interested

Sann0638

Munkeykungfu

Glowworm

Hawk

Nazgob

Loki

Kfoged

Antipixi

Buggrit

Be4ch

Diamond joe Quimbey

Dobby

forzamark

nonumber

Doomy

Hobnail

Millandson

Awards

110 tv? So what we bring two models each yeah?

Only joking, I'll bring 5 snotlings...

Team TV was normally done like this, so 110tv is what people now call 1100tv

Awards

Well to be honest as far as I know it's only since cyanide that it's been 1100. Other wise I only ever head of 110 check the old teams out. I think the reavers were 321

Awards

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Go gobs, Hobs. We've all seen your Amazons before. You should battle it out with Hawca's oft-promised-but-never-delivered-fling team. :lol:

If I make it to the 2013 tourney, I'll still be playing Undead. But I have the excuse of only owning one team...

Besides, I need to work at it to become officially NAF-recognised as the worst Undead coach of all time. I suspect Eurobowl will take me further towards that particular target.