T2: Bright

T3: Jade

T4: Amethyst

T5: Grey

T6: Amber

SSC: Light

so the 8 orders of Magic

Its like it was meant to be: 8 schools for 7 Tiers +SSC

Keep them as they are. One of the things that really annoys me in sport is this fake need to glamorise things with fancy names.

Like Scottish football has had the Premier league for ages, but recently just changed the second tier from Division 1 to the Scottish Championship. You win the Championship in Scotland (and England where we nicked the idea from, after they had nicked our Premier League idea) and yet you're not actually champion. That honour goes to a team a whole level up so it's a fallacy. It's doesn't add anything to it in the same way that coating something in tin foil doesn't make it silver. I like them just numbered. It's simple and does the job perfectly well.

/mini rant

Awards

Question is what do we call the new tier Ally? 

T1,5 was the working name, but that looks just silly :P

Oh, also, added a time limit for suggestions (end of MD5) to the first post.

So call the new top tier the "Championship" as that's what it decides. It's the idea of having to have names for the other ones that's a pet hate of mine in sport.

Awards

In addition, a lot of people playing recognise the name of the OCC. It's a damn big league after all. If you tell someone that you play in OCC tier 2 or 3 or whatever, it gives an indication of where you've progressed. If you tell someone that you play in OCC Reikland or Amethyst or Unicorn, it doesn't actually convey any information without having to delve into an explanation.

Awards

Why is everyone so afraid of change???

so Yes, when you boast to your friends you are playing in the Golden tier, you have explain abit more, but really, who cares???

I think it is due time that the OCC embeds some more of the warhammer stuff so i'd even like to take it a step further and rename admins to wizard lords and Dode as Supreme Patriarch

I'm another number lover. Don't like the idea of names, but if it is going to go through no matter what the broader consensus is between the two i choose this. 

Championship/Gods and Hero's

1. Death and Rebirth

2. The Killing Fields

3. Sandwich Meat

4. Slave Traders Incorporated

5. The Hunting Grounds

6. The Stunty Marshes

SSC. The Spawning Pools

Awards

Changing the name if divisions makes historical comparisons confusing, English football being a good example. Someone might say their team won the first division 3 times back in the good old days. Things aren't going so well for them now and they got relegated. They get relegated again and find themselves in division 1? It was better the way it was before.

You could put fluffy names on tiers much the way sponsorship does, like the 'Barclays' premier league, or Tier 2 'The Meat Grinder'.

But I would stay well away from them.

The OCC is a good brand as it is, scanning down the matches to watch you can see all the OCC matches easily and concisely. And more fluff to each name wouldn't improve it at all, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

I do love the new structure though, and think it will be a better league for it.

I'm against the use of Warhammer place names as another large and long established league, UKBBL, already does that.

I think I'm with Ally in wanting to keep it simple.

If we were to go down the road of giving the Tiers fancy names I'd far rather see the use of something more thematically suited to Blood Bowl.

So if you want to skip my previous posts, tl;dr version:

Have a fancy new name for the top tier if need be (ie, Championship - my preferred option), keep the rest as is.

edit to add: 

My ACTUAL suggestion:

The Orca Cola Championship (old tier 1)

Division 2/ABCD

Division 3/ABCD

...so on

Awards

So if you want to skip my previous posts, tl;dr version:

Have a fancy new name for the top tier if need be (ie, Championship - my preferred option), keep the rest as is.

As it happens, it's not a pure coincidence that they're named that way in the fancy picture with lots of colors :D

I'd lean towards this too. 

As it happens, it's not a pure coincidence that they're named that way in the fancy picture with lots of colors :D

Then we've spent a page loudly (in my head) agreeing with each other  :D

Awards

Then we've spent a page loudly (in my head) agreeing with each other   :D

oh but you don't...i think.

In Ally's suggestion, which i personally agree with, there is no Tier named Tier 1. 

It's Championship...Tier 2...Tier 3...etc...

In the picture it's Championship...Tier 1.... Tier 2....etc.