Unofficial Racial Signup Figures

20phoenix

Stars? If you are only 300 down you get "wizard, bribe, babe" . no room for stars there.

If you are 370 down and feel your team isn't up to it, you could get Nekbrekerekh and a Wizard, but undead do have enough speed to use a wizard good, so they should get one. (And 370 is also "wizard, bribe, two babes")

Awards

Stars? If you are only 300 down you get "wizard, bribe, babe" . no room for stars there.

If you are 370 down and feel your team isn't up to it, you could get Nekbrekerekh and a Wizard, but undead do have enough speed to use a wizard good, so they should get one. (And 370 is also "wizard, bribe, two babes")

Agreed. A wizard in hand is worth two babes in the bush.

yeah I agree with Juriel, why wouldn't you want 300k inducements each game :D

because sometimes 300k of inducements cannot come close to making up for the missing skills the difference brings. I found the same thing with Undead that you are just getting tons of inducements, and sometimes that money is just wasted, I had a game where the wizard and 2 bribes failed 350k difference that inducements in no way helped close. So you could argue that I could have taken Nek and a babe instead, but what if my starting 11 are better or have more synergy together than Nek, and I only roll ones and twos for KOs?

I do release though the system is never going to be perfect, but damn I wish Hack N Slash was an option he would make SUCH a difference.

crimsonsun

because sometimes 300k of inducements cannot come close to making up for the missing skills the difference brings. I found the same thing with Undead that you are just getting tons of inducements, and sometimes that money is just wasted, I had a game where the wizard and 2 bribes failed 350k difference that inducements in no way helped close. So you could argue that I could have taken Nek and a babe instead, but what if my starting 11 are better or have more synergy together than Nek, and I only roll ones and twos for KOs?

I do release though the system is never going to be perfect, but damn I wish Hack N Slash was an option he would make SUCH a difference.

crimsonsun

I agree with that, the missing star players really hurts some of the teams especially the likes of skaven, underworld etc

Awards

If your starting 11 is better than Nek your opponent has a TV of over 9000 :P

maybe its just a wrestle fend, dp skeleton but you would far rather field him because he does not have loner, thus costing you a turnover on a poor dice roll. As someone who coaches low Agility teams I lean to reliability over anything else, so more men on the pitch are better than a 1d6 dice roll, but with loner unless that man brings something special then my basic squad will normally be better. Obviously this is a generalisation and I have a love of merc Dirty player skeletons, but thats because they are disposable to be wasted allowing me to use my teams dirty players to make some blocks and chance getting some spp.

I agree with that, the missing star players really hurts some of the teams especially the likes of skaven, underworld etc

I dont use goblins or underworld outside of MM for that reason alone, I think all teams are hurt by this, some more than other obviously but I just do not understand why 90% of the cheap starplayers are missing, including most of the secret weapons which by there very nature are perfect in giving a team access to something highly unusual and fun to use that will offer new possibilities to the disadvantaged team.

crimsonsun

I wont play goblins or underworld in any leagues for that one

My take on inducements with Undead:

First priority: wizard

Second priority: Babes

Igor and bribes are worthless. Igor because he doesn't help your most vulnerable players, bribes because the inducement is 100K to maybe save a player worth 40K or 60K with DP. Just run a deep bench, your subs cost 40K.

I dont rate the wizard cause when you really need him he always lets you down, but babes are great, Ramtut and Luthor offer something different but are obscenely highly costed though i take them. Nek can offer options if your team lacks juggernaut, or the opposing team has no sure hands but his use is situational at best.

Igor is to my mind playing too lose and I NEVER use them, yes he could save your star but a better tactic is always to not need him in the first place.

crimsonsun

If I could get Grim I would take him over a wizard. But without a good list of star players (specifically the cheap ones) I haven't come up with a better alternative. I do highly value the babes though, and will always try to play with a full pair.

Igor is absolutely atrocious.

The wizard was my best "player" this season, by far. I'm guessing he'll be a staple for the team next season.

You do need a team that can take advantage of him though (which rules out khemri and the likes) or play against a slow, un-agile team (khemri fits the bill!).

Just having the wizard, without using him does impact how your opponent plays (assuming he remembers that you have one, that is).

My take on inducements with Undead:

First priority: wizard

Second priority: Babes

Igor and bribes are worthless. Igor because he doesn't help your most vulnerable players, bribes because the inducement is 100K to maybe save a player worth 40K or 60K with DP. Just run a deep bench, your subs cost 40K.

The whole point to the bribe is that it (mostly) prevents a turnover, not that it keeps you on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Orc, Chaos and Darkelves. How droll.

At least CDs are novel for me at the moment, the norse will be traded in in under 2 seasons through injury.

Still think that the first coach to successfully develop a strong elf line will win the league.

Im running a single lineman, jobbers FTW!

Awards