Warmachine Tactics

jbecks

I see minwargaming take a little look at this the other week.
Not sure I would be that in to the straight up skirmish mode, but there meant to be some single player campaign stuff too.

Awards

There is a 'single' player as it stands, but it's mostly logic vs numbers?

Only played half a game (vs the AI), but it did kinda feel like the 1st time I played BB, I can move the players but I have no idea what I'm actually 'doing'?

I need to read the 'rule book'...

Saw it, saw the £50 price tag, ignored it.

It's one of those things were they are locked into a pricing structure based on the original kickstarter.

$65 was the beta test tier, the basic digital copy was $20, so about £15 which is pretty much the right price point.

So definitely one to wait for the full release, unless you mad for warmachine.

Awards

That's what I meant. I will very likely buy the game but that price is too high. And I'm another of those old-fashioned types that believes in paying for a finished product. I'm also concerned about this trend of getting amateurs to pay money to beta test rather than having professionals do it in-house.

That's what I meant. I will very likely buy the game but that price is too high. And I'm another of those old-fashioned types that believes in paying for a finished product. I'm also concerned about this trend of getting amateurs to pay money to beta test rather than having professionals do it in-house.

Indeed, on top of that some companies offer the beta as a kind of demo....like Elder scrolls online!  which kind of misses the point of it being a beta.

Awards

I am looking at this one too. I love TBS games and while not 40k, looks cool enough and I have heard of war machines.

But $65 is a bit much for an EA game even if I understand that you get a lot of piece that you would have to buy later included in that price.

Think i'll wait till live and just buy the army pieces for whichever army I decide to go with as opposed to a smattering of all the armies that I will never use.

I'm also on the kickstarter, and can't wait for the full release.

Paying for it now you're paying a premium for beta access, which seems a little silly from the outside.  As a higher-level kickstarter pledge I guess it makes sense (along with various other extra perks), but you'd be a bit mad to pay the premium at this point.

Just wait for the full release and the price should be a lot more reasonable.

I also Kickstarted this one, though no Beta Access, I do not mind paying early for Beta access to a game but I refuse to pay more for doing there job playtesting for them! Looks great though I know this is going to be so DLC heavy if you think the Kickstarter backers have access to 6 factions but the game is to be released with 4 and they have spoken about adding hordes to the game. I am not a Warmachine/Hordes players though I did learn the rules previously so need to recap before I get going but the game in essence is Warmachine on a computer.

The only concern I have is that they bring the system requirements down during playtests as they posted a quad core processor 2.4ghz or above was a min requirement which is somewhat extreme and that would require me a extreme system upgrade... (I have a 3ghz dual core.)

So what is this game about? Is it similar to Chaos Gate? Or is it just a single squad that you control?

Well...

The board game has this:

X numbers of points like Warhammer etc is agreed upon.. like 25, 50 63, whatever.. 

From this you buy

One warlock, who controls the warjacks (mecks)

Warjacks, the big phat Mecks who can take lots of dmg.

Cost like 7 (light jacks) to 14 (Heavy Jacks) (just a hint, they can cost more or less this is just average price)

Units, like infantry usually have one leader who can issue orders to the group. (Gains special option depending on what order) 

Mostly 3-10 models for one of this units. 

Warjacks uses powers for initiate several attacks or charge/run just to name some.

The warlocks has this powers that they can give to the warjacks if they are within range.

Warlocks also has unique abilities that can be used once each battle, they also cast spells which also cost powers (same they give the mecks, so.. you have to decide cast spells or power up mecks)'

This is just the basic but it's fun overall.