What % Of Bb Is Skill, And What Is Luck?

Errant Saint

What ratio in % defines BB?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe stupid on a human ogre, but ST 6 minotaurs get three dice when blitzing average opponents, and Chaos minos can get easy tentacles later.

So you fail at trying to sass yourself. Talk about 6+6 on a snotling instead, what should you pick there?

-

Meanwhile, double sixes on blitzers means you suddenly have an extra player on the pitch (since he now needs one less assist)

That depends on his ST to start with...

And no - because I would never have taken the ST if I wasnt only set on having fun - I'd have taken Block or Tackle or Claw or something.

The TV value of stats is pretty high, I know they bring a lot to the table but they also bloat up your TV something rotten, seen a few teams that struggle because they have rolled some nice +stats early on but don't have the basics?

This is true. My UKBBL HiE being an example, stats all over the place but giving away inducements to bashy opponents and haemmoraging rerolls.

While most of the statfreaks are now dead, many's the time I wished my 6557 thrower had Block or Dodge instead.

Stats are nice, but they're definitely better on already developed players.

What Verbal & Doomy say go in the direction of a luck factor : when and on who you receive your stat increases is very important, and that's mostly luck based (some would say they don't skill their linos to avoid having stats on them ^^).

In progressive league play, sure. The reverse is also true as losing the wrong player to injury can seriously impact the results you're going to get in future matches.

This also seems to point towards luck being a considerably bigger element in league play than it is in a typical NAF resurrection tournament, where everyone gets a preassigned batch of skill "rolls" and all teams are reset for each game.

So there is no definitive answer to the question in the OP, as it depends on the overall play environment almost as much as what happens on the pitch.

Grandad says it's 90/10, so does 'punch cunny'....

So, 'granddad' since he's been here since 'the dawn of time' without 'winning', so he sucks, and so by his own logic it's proven, and having played against 'cunt funny', just to watch him turn around a 2-0 down at half time to A 2-3 'WIN', I'd say his logic was flawed too...

But, it is just a pissed up 'Verbal' farting up his minds eye again, so it's probably best to ignore him, as I have nothing important to say again, as usual....

All I'm saying is - much as I'd like to claim credit: If my Ogres win, it's down to the love of Nuffle..

I just won a game with them... My opponent was playing very poorly. Like trying to dodge between takle zones ( getting 3 times 6  in a row). Still a hard match, even that I almost score in the last turn on the match to do the 2-0

What I am trying to say is that some teams have a huge negative handicap and even in enemy screws a lot, you can still lose the game, or not winning it. 

But I do think luck is a more important factor that any of you say... Too many posibilities together, too many rolls . Its not about one match its all about the whole season, carrier eve. 

I voted 80%-20%.

If it was more towards 50-50 as some suggest that would mean that I would probably lose some games now and then against the computer - which I havent done yet (not that I have played so many of them).

Considering it's usually the same players that are in the top of leagues/tournament it shows that there is a lot of skill too it - but I have seen some amazing luck happen (both bad and good), rolling :zAD: :zAD: :zAD:  :zAD: :zAD: :zAD: happens so it's not all skill based.

nono, I was the Ogre team, he was Necro lol. No titchy for wrights Im afraid rofl. ( I always look at rolls table, 2 critical 6 in a row, then another 6 with a Ghoul) wierd match.

If you do not know what I am talking about, you don't! Go read the skill description closely again, it will be good to know:)

If you do not know what I am talking about, you don't! Go read the skill description closely again, it will be good to know:)

Oh right but he was between ogres. Ofc there were snotlings but those without Diving Takle are pretty useless.

Idk I think its part of the game, goblins kocking down minotaurs, imposible dodges... Randomness its the essence of the game. Its what makes every game different.

I'm starting to think I might have played too much of this game, after 3000 games, I rarely feel like I've been out played, often feel like I've been out rolled?

So, down at low TV, I do seem to do rather well, I know my shit, and it shows when I'm playing somebody who doesn't...

My line between skill/luck has been blurred, I'm at 50% wins, it's getting to the point where I might as well just flip a coin rather than play the game. no matter what the team or coach...

I never go into a game worrying about the opponent, often go into a game worrying about my dice?

Yeah, much the same as Dode, I do tend to gamble a game on a 4+ roll, who'd have thunk knowing the rules enough to know what you're 'actually' rolling and taking a 4+ as fair odds to turn the tide when you're losing would lead to a 50% win ratio, shocker...

I still suck with dorfs mind...

I'm probably the exact opposite to Verbal_HM.

I often play extremly conservative, I don't think I have played a single game where I have rolled more D6 than my opponent unless I have played a stunty team or I have actually tried some crazy things because there was nothing else to do and they actually succeeded.

+rep for the gem...

I find people who play 'super safe' very easy to play against, I know what they are going to do, when I play another 'risk' coach I find it very hard...

If everybody would just pass out to the school of '2+ roll or no roll', it'd make my ability to see into the future far more accurate...  :ham:

Indeed.

I often try to make it clear to my opponent very early on exactly what sort of rolls I am prepared to take on.

Once your opponent realises that u are prepared to dodge through tackle zones with AG3, it instantly shrinks his defence and makes life easier.

It's not that I don't lose to 'safe' coaches, it's just that when you can put a single 3+ roll between them and a win, and they take a 10+10 cas roll to try and get 2spp over 3 points, you kinda know what they're thinking...

They also tend to make the mistake of thinking that their way of playing the game is the 'best' way of playing the game?

It's not so much that they annoy me, it's the fact that them losing to a coach like me seems to annoy them so much? I'm kinda bored of being called a 'lucky noob' when I know exactly what I'm doing , and exactly what I'm rolling?

'Safe' coaches are sore losers, period.

Someone taking risks and making somewhat unpredictable plays are a lot harder to defend against than someone who follows, for example, the 2-1 grind strategy to a letter.

You can predict and plan for someones tactics, but it's a lot harder to plan for someone pulling off a ridiculous move (say rolling 5 straight 6's, which I've had happen to me).

The timing of said moves makes all the difference.

My play-style is largely dictated by what team I'm playing. With High Elves I'm perfectly happy to wait a bit for my opponent to make even the slightest mistake and then pounce, with Underworld that doesn't really work as I'll be down on men if I do (assuming the opponent doesn't make mistakes early of course), so I have to take more risks to win. I just need to avoid the stupid risks, something I've been bad at lately...

And no, not all safe coaches are sore losers Verbal :P