Questions About The New League Structure

Pidpad

Asking for a friend - if you're in Tier 2 this season, what's the lowest ranking you can achieve whitout being relegated? In a normal season it would be 7th but as there will be lots of bonus promotions I assume it will be different this season?

I know this ain't exactly to this conversation, but I say it anyway. Is it possible to start shuffle divs for those teams who remain in tier 2? Facing the same team over and over again can become tedious, especially if that match up ain't good for you.

Asking for a friend - if you're in Tier 2 this season, what's the lowest ranking you can achieve whitout being relegated? In a normal season it would be 7th but as there will be lots of bonus promotions I assume it will be different this season?

Nothing changes this season. It's next season there'll be lots of bonus promotions.

I like Jounisii's idea for mixing up the teams, although I understand it does add another level of work to the off season. It's something that could maybe be done every other season to limit the hassle.

Awards

I know this ain't exactly to this conversation, but I say it anyway. Is it possible to start shuffle divs for those teams who remain in tier 2? Facing the same team over and over again can become tedious, especially if that match up ain't good for you.

Short answer: No.

A bit more elaborate: We (well, I) don't want my integrity questioned which it will be if we add random elements to seeding. Currently I can reseed divisions and end up with the same result every time, if we add randomness I can't do that.

I'm quite fond of how everything works right now. Are those changes really necessary? Current promotion system was much more transparent to me then what you are suggesting...

This ought to be easier?

If you are in the top 3 of any division you get promoted. If you are in the bottom 3 you get relegated. The only difference is the top tier, which already is an exception. Currently T2 is an exception from the norm as well.

Don't be overwhelmed by my use of billions of colors :D

Edit: As for the changes being needed.

We want to address a few things like giving meaning to matches after md4 in the top division if you had a bad start. We think this will accomplish that.

Promoting the same amount of teams from each division across the system is another thing this fixes as well.

There's also a perceived glass ceiling in T2 with only 2 teams getting promoted which means fairly static divisions. Shuffling more teams around should help with that (and hopefully solves the issue Jounisii mentioned above as a bonus)

I know this ain't exactly to this conversation, but I say it anyway. Is it possible to start shuffle divs for those teams who remain in tier 2? Facing the same team over and over again can become tedious, especially if that match up ain't good for you.

I think there will be more movement up than before, so it won't be as much if an issue.

All for the change in structure then if it does shake things up in terms of stagnation at the top (not something I've personally experienced as yet - I need to get there before I can become weary of it  :P  ). I like the basic premise of a proper league structure where you win you go up, you lose you go down as before, but with the chance to move up opened up more at the top end as this seems like it will do then.

Basically (continuing my football analogies from the naming thread, though I  want to keep the two issues separate), the main thing in any league is to avoid stagnation. For all that each league in Europe can try and peg itself as the "best" it's always the same 2-5 teams in each league who win things, the next 8-15 who stay behind, and then the occasional 2-5 at the bottom end of things who change from time to time. This is what we need to avoid and if this helps, then I'm all for it.

Awards

If I am reading it correctly when we change it will be as follows

In Tier 2

Top 2 go into division 1 ( Now called the Championship )

Next 3 remain in division 2 ( The new 20 team division now called division 1)

Bottom 5 go down to division 3 ( The 1st 40 team division now called division 2)

In Tier 3 onwards

Top 5 remain in division 3 ( Now called division 2 )

Bottom 5 go down to division 4 ( Now called division 3 )

Is that right?

If I am reading it correctly when we change it will be as follows

In Tier 2

Top 2 go into division 1 ( Now called the Championship )

Next 3 remain in division 2 ( The new 20 team division now called division 1)

Bottom 5 go down to division 3 ( The 1st 40 team division now called division 2)

In Tier 3 onwards

Top 5 remain in division 3 ( Now called division 2 )

Bottom 5 go down to division 4 ( Now called division 3 )

Is that right?

No.

Top 2 from current T2 go to Championship

Place 3-7 (20 teams) go to the new T1

Bottom 8 from T1 and top 3 from T3 make up the new T2, we fill the rest of the spots with bonus promotions.

The teams relegated from T1 have first go at bonus promotions to the new T1.

Im not a fan of Div one teams going to 3, doesnt seem right/fair. i misunderstood it. but alas, it is the OCC and will play whatever rules :D

They do have first go at bonus promotions though, so I doubt all of them will end up there that often.

It's also there to give meaning to matches late in the season for those outside the title race.

They do have first go at bonus promotions though, so I doubt all of them will end up there that often.

It's also there to give meaning to matches late in the season for those outside the title race.

Forget that post I made, i was thinking tier three going into the championship, got confused with current tier one, my bad. in no way suggesting anyone was undeserving  :wacko:

Awards

That's why this thread is here. I mean, just because I understand where everyone goes (my spreadsheet, which I find absolutely logical after all) doesn't mean everyone who cares do. (I doubt everyone cares to be honest)

Should also be said that it was a collaborate effort by the green suits, where we had several suggestions and people being against change and other fun bits.

The one thing we learned for certain is that OCC will never have play-offs. Zephire has vetoed that.