Shits In Mm'ing

RTSD

There's an exploit that lets you DC and then get the win.

Got any evidence of this? Because I know of no way this is possible and have seen none. I've tried all the purported ways I am aware of.

Awards

I did once have a crazy hotel wifi connection that did exactly the same and my oppo accused me of cheating, but it was just a bad connection. Not 35 times in a row though. When it was stable again enough to type, but the clock didn't go down I conceded.

Also Egon Spengler d/c'd from me cos he kept getting skulls on 1D blocks, but at least I got the win.

A warning about this dude called Artrak. He has mostly auld teams but a few in nagg as well. For example he has #1 team in auld with 35 wins in 35 matches. And his skill level doesn't justify that.

Last nite my gobbos were just demolishing his nagg vamps and was about to take halftime lead. But around turn 7 or sumthing he did something really peculiar. Suddenly DC clock started going. Ran for about 2 mins. A second of gametime was passed after that. 4 mins of DC clock. Another second off the game clock. And then he somehow ran the clock twice from 5 mins to zero and nothing happened. I waited for about a half an hour and then alt f4ed. Today when I checked I got 2-0 loss. Cheely bastard. Never seen that before.

Yep, Artrak did the same to me as well. The disconnect countdown kept looping. I signed out and back in, and found our game still being played under the live tab. And it was against that same 'undefeated' Nagg Vampire squad.

Awards

I think you can do it by manipulating your router or something, I don't know the specifics. I have no proof Dode, other than the fact that I have seen it repeatedly done without requiring looping the timer... just DC timer once, then the game is still playing and you count as DC'd, not the opponent. The same people kept doing it to me and others, and nothing was wrong with my connection at the time. This was a long time ago, but I spoke to a guy who knew a lot about networks who claimed it was something to do with certain brands of routers. He did not want to go into specifics in general chat.

You can't do it by messing with your router. You'd have to mess with the opponent's connection with the server and with you while leaving your connection to the server open. You'd effectively have to DDoS someone. You really think people are going to do that to win a game of BB?

Awards

You can't do it by messing with your router. You'd have to mess with the opponent's connection with the server and with you while leaving your connection to the server open. You'd effectively have to DDoS someone. You really think people are going to do that to win a game of BB?

No. But I doubt that is required; I have little faith in Cyanide's net code not being exploitable. All I can speak from is my experiences and they strongly suggest that there is some way of exploiting the game so that you are given a win. I do not know enough about networks to speculate, and the router thing was just a hypothesis by some random stranger. But I do know that computer code and networks can malfunction in the most peculiar and spectacular ways when done poorly.

but can't do PPC in there. Blame Pid :D

You can try!

If all the hardcore OCC coaches going for the Pidpad challenge switch to the OCC Open then it'll greatly increase game volumes for sure.

And then you'll know that it's a quality challenge - no easy games against 10-year olds and against guys who disconnect.

No. But I doubt that is required; I have little faith in Cyanide's net code not being exploitable. All I can speak from is my experiences and they strongly suggest that there is some way of exploiting the game so that you are given a win. I do not know enough about networks to speculate, and the router thing was just a hypothesis by some random stranger. But I do know that computer code and networks can malfunction in the most peculiar and spectacular ways when done poorly.

It's nothing to do with their netcode. All that does is connect you to your opponent and also to the server. It is impossible for someone to disconnect you from Cyanide's server without either getting past your firewall into your port openings or DDoSing you.

Awards

All I can say is I had that bad experience myself too.

Awards

Artrak did that to me too.  I wrote down a list of his teams so if I get matched against him I just d/c at the opening screen so it doesn't count.  Pity he did it against a skaven team of mine that hadn't lost after around 20 matches!  Whatever, just MM'ing....

The only thing I can say after that match and after looking at his match records is, that it is clear to me now, that something something can be done to cheat wins in Cyanide client. After that I'm just dumpfounded and curious. The "evidence" can be considered circumstancial, but it's clearly there.

Sigh. This is starting to sound like the RNG discussions. I'm going to bow out.

We're just talking here. If you feel that we are somehow not understanding what are saying and that makes us hard headed and ignorant then so be it. I think I have been pretty clear that I hold no facts here and am merely speculating. But something is amiss and I would like to know what, even if I will likely never play MM again.

It might be possible that those guys with epic teams used a combination of two methods to get their spotless records; putting up their firewall whenever they are losing (resulting in a null match), and/or continuously triggering the DC timer (by temporarily disabling their internet connection) until their opponent gives up.

On top of that, I am sure I have seen a DC timer activate for my opponent, count down and then when I left it counted as a forfeit by me. So that is the part I want to know how it happened. Perhaps it was not something they did but some freak occurrence?

No, I mean these discussions leave me frustrated when people take their own experience over evidence to the contrary (and as much of a cock as VoodooMike is, he knows his stuff as far as the connections go). To that end it's best if I leave it. Can't blame you for not playing MM though - I don't either.

I am sure I have seen a DC timer activate for my opponent, count down and then when I left it counted as a forfeit by me. So that is the part I want to know how it happened.

You don't see a disco timer for your opponent, you only see a disco timer. It's a peer to peer connection so it's simply impossible to say who disconnected unless either party fails to report to the server as well. In order to force a loss on you your opponent would have to sever your connection with the server as well as between you and him. Alternatively you leaving early could prevent your PC from talking to the server, thereby giving him the win.

Dammit. I'm really leaving now.

Awards

Sounds like you don't believe me or other dudes who've had same or very similar experiences with this fella, Dode. I don't know about the technical stuff, but I do know what I saw. The lack of proof doesn't mean it isn't there.

and whether it is or isn't, one thing we know is that Auld and Nagg are full of cheaters...

Just keep FOL as clean as possible by wielding the ban-hammer if someone's at it (or we think they're at it!!).

For this purpose, I'd honestly like to propose list of players we've had issues with disconnecting in FOL - and then Dode can get them!

Awards

Sounds like you don't believe me or other dudes who've had same or very similar experiences with this fella, Dode. I don't know about the technical stuff, but I do know what I saw. The lack of proof doesn't mean it isn't there.

I believe that disconnections happen. I don't believe the reasons you've attributed to them.

zippy - I have server data on people who are regular FOL disconnecters (including pre-match), and there is a procedure for reporting people too.

Awards