Occ2 Discussion

Rymdkejsaren

High TV teams that face a wizard all the time anyway.

Exactly.  Since the wizard is the best inducement, if you take that away from low TV teams they can only use their inducements on significantly less useful things.

I was hoping that with the couple of low cost star players it might make things better for low AV teams.  Since low AV teams can't use the good streaks to build up a little cash for the inevitable 4 death rainy day match, making sure they don't get value out of the wizard really sets them back.

Exactly.  Since the wizard is the best inducement, if you take that away from low TV teams they can only use their inducements on significantly less useful things.

I was hoping that with the couple of low cost star players it might make things better for low AV teams.  Since low AV teams can't use the good streaks to build up a little cash for the inevitable 4 death rainy day match, making sure they don't get value out of the wizard really sets them back.

Have you actually personally confirmed that you can't double wiz with the pitch inducement, or are you just throwing fuel on the fire for your own personal amusement?

The majority of these arguments are based on that literally everyone gets the wizard upgrade.

I suspect the majority of bash coaches would choose this. Added to ageing being off which favours long term bash teams, the fear is we will have a stagnant top tier of chaos and nurgle in 10 seasons time.

This isn't my view, for what it's worth leagues always have a mix of the super competitive tier 1 and the coaches willing to try and win 'against the odds' (often very successfully like with Khorne!)

It has an effect from the start since it will put me and others off choosing the teams we otherwise would... Choosing one of the teams that suffer at high tv like undead is already a hard sell but when your ghouls get fried every match it just doesn't make sense..

but not me. not everyone..

i.e. :  I choose a team because i like it. Not because i need to coach the most competitive.

Team choice is usually about ones target(s).

And about anger management abilities  ;)

Have you actually personally confirmed that you can't double wiz with the pitch inducement, or are you just throwing fuel on the fire for your own personal amusement?

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure.  I plan to verify when I can.  I seem to remember either trying it or hearing Cyanide say it; but again I could be remembering wrong.

The assumption here is that everyone will try to be 100% competitive and twink their game to the max. And the assumption is that wizard is the ONLY choice for that. The first I know to be wrong. And I am not convinced the second is the hard truth it is being made out as.

But I could be wrong. Could you?

Yes since you can deny the low tv teams the only thing they have to even things out there is no reason not to.

And on the other end of the tv spectrum why wouldn't you take it as a beginner wood elf or skaven team? You can just ditch it when the other teams tv starts surpassing yours by 150.

My point is that it simply has to much effect on the way the game is played.

the only thing that might limit the wizard spam is that playing agsinst a wizard sucks ass and there is no way around that if you choose that stAdium upgrade

my favorite team "Amazons" did not make it into bb2 (yet).

but even if i would prefer playing skaven or woodelves instead of Bretonnians and goats,

i see no reason why i would give an opponent the option to zap my ballcarrier or maybe open my cage to blitz him...

i get a chance, but i would also give a chance...

and its not, as if we were playing matchmaking here.

one has to expect to face coaches who know what they are doing.

anyways. i expect to meet a lot more wizards.

but i don't think this will be the one and only choice. Pretty sure, it won't be mine.

and if i can't equalize tv difference with a wizard..

well i am going to choose a bribe, zap my opponents pomber and gangfoul him off the pitch

we will adapt. one way, or the other

anyways. i expect to meet a lot more wizards.

but i don't think this will be the one and only choice. Pretty sure, it won't be mine.

and if i can't equalize tv difference with a wizard..

well i am going to choose a bribe, zap my opponents pomber and gangfoul him off the pitch

we will adapt. one way, or the other

Have you seen the high TV chaos and nurgle teams?  They have about 4 clawpomb per team, not 1!

Bash teams would be idiots to take the Wizard upgrade. No way in hell do I want my Orcs getting a home game vs equal or higher TV fast/agile teams and then just giving them a wizard which is vastly more useful to them than it is to my own team. I'm going to take something that suits my team like the beer stand (crowd surfs are deadlier), astro granite (failed GFI or dodges get +1 on armor roll), or free bribe.

Have you seen the high TV chaos and nurgle teams?  They have about 4 clawpomb per team, not 1!

I'm not sure any team in the OCC has more than two claw POMBers and the only teams with two that I can think of are both Chorfs.

Facing TV 2200+ stat freak elves with a wizard will be pretty annoying but going up vs a TV 2200+ bash side with a free bribe to let them DP gang foul early and often isn't going to be much fun either.

Khemri will love playing in a dome though and never having to see Pouring Rain at home.

I face those every other week for several occ seasons now   ;)  (maybe not the worst, but not less frightening teams for all av7 hybrids)

They might have shred my team multiple times, but they they did not shred my (girls) courage. 

And every time we manage to remove one of these fearsome players... 

so much better than just winning a match  :zAD:  :clown:  :zAD:

Why more bash team don't already counter wizard is a mystery, When me and javelin plays md9 in the championship this season, I'm sure he is gonna be so happy to get another 150 of useless inducement while I get a wizard to remove his claw pomp or take the ball back or fireball half his team....

Hell I used it last match against a necro team that was "only" 150 tv below me.

Seriously if you would'nt trade a bribe and a babe for a wizard.....