Blood Bowl Chaos Edition

zunova

Hopefully if this game makes some money for Granny Wendy we might see a Tzeech or maybe even a Slan'esh team, might look something like this:

Slannesh Roster:

0-16 Leggy Sods 6338 VLL,Leap

0-4 Pink Terrors 7247 Dive Catch, VLL, Leap

0-4 Blue Terrors 7338 Dive Tackle, Jump Up, VLL, Leap

0-1 Greater Deamon of Slannesh 6519...

It could happen :lol:

I've posted my first thoughts widely this afternoon, on the BB forums and on bbtactics.

Overall, I think they have enough flaws not to be too overpowered at any TV, though top end 2000+ will probably remain to be seen. The Bloodletters are great positionals, but AV7 keeps it more balanced. The linemen will be a pain to use, but at least compensate with AV8. Passing access should largely be ignored, its as daft for these guys as it is for Chaos Pact.

I seem to be one of the few people that thinks it fits the fluff quite nicely, but more to the point, its not worth obsessing over. Bloodthirsty, impulsive and aggressive, but ultimately being human cultists with a smattering of summoned demons is a great fit to me though. Mutations would have been overpowered and not exactly great from the fluff either, Khorne isn't big on them.

Only downside to me is the positionals seem a little cheap, but RRs balance that out. That and all MA6 will be a tough one for a lot of people, as will the lack of block - I predict much whining as people realise they aren't an automatic "I win" button. :lol:

I think they're different enough from the hairy vikings for the Norse to stay relevant. :pirate:

The Bloodletters would be the obvious choice to impersonate 'Zerkers but they still start at a Block, Frenzy and Jump Up disadvantage. Only Horns and arguably Juggernaut help them in that eventual role.

They're also down 2 ST4 players, Horns or not.

Also given the choice would you rather spam Block or Frenzy...thought so! TBH they come across as a Norse/Dwarf hybrid rather than Chaos.

The Bloodthirster is a superior Yeti though. He's a ready-made blitzing/killing machine.

I look forward to playing them, but boy will it suck when you loose a few players around 1700tv and get a st3 frenzy linemen with frenzy to try and level up again!

Put a guard big guy behind your Los and lol when he tries to block the Los down and follows up to 2d against muhahaha :)

Awards

That's what make them balanced in leagues.

I can see them being a minor inconvenience in TV based MM. You know, the standard: A few really really good and killy players and a bunch of chaff.

A lot of coaches will rage quit in mm if they get bad dice....this team will really feel crap dice low tv!

Awards

I like the team. They aren't overpowered, which is what everyone was fearing. And they look damned tough to coach at low tv's. In fact i would say it would take a really good coach to do well with this team until they reach mid 1,500 tv's. Its about then that they would hit their stride. At higher tv's of around 2,000 or so, i see them as being good, but not in the same league as Chaos/Nurgle/Delf/Welf.

I will steer clear of them myself though, as there is no way i could handle all that frenzy!