The Wednesday Babe 27/05/2015

jbecks

It's about babes.And Wednesdays.Or occasionally Thursday.Becky used to post one of these threads every week, then stopped, and has now started again because BJJ told him to. That's pretty much the whole deal.

Proof that, in a way, I have too much power.

Awards

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I really don't like this sort of thing. Just a personal position, as I think this sort of gaming puts plenty of barriers in the way of female participants. I can just about handle the silly team signatures featuring cartoon "babes" - not something I would do myself - but this sort of post on this forum isn't warranted.

Personal opinion is that I have no problem with it, just as I would have no problem with a Thursday hunk or whatever should someone want to post it. I do agree that there are barriers for women for this sort of game, but disagree that they are broken by limiting people.

Awards

The only girl I publicly know about on our forum will not be upset by this kind of thing, she'd actively promote it, she's probably the one who made those silly team signatures featuring cartoon "babes"....

Also, I have no interest in anybody who talks about football, or wants to start a thread about such things, doesn't mean I'll forsake the whole forum just because I find one thread spawned by a group of guys that don't know how to have a  conversation without grunting at each other?

Have to say I agree with stuartmcc on this. But heyho, it's accepted around these parts of the internet, so I'll leave it at that.

Regarding Verbal's comment on girls being ok with this kind of thing: I don't think that's the point, at all. Just because someone knows a person who's ok with this sort of thing that happens to be a female doesn't mean it doesn't make others feel uncomfortable. In the end, the discussion is moot I guess, since only few people are even going to bother commenting to begin with. The opinion of the silent majority will remain unknown to us, be it because they don't mind "friendly" jabs like these and carry on or because they don't feel comfortable with it and go elsewhere.

Do you have the right to not feel uncomfortable? Is the onus on others to not make you feel uncomfortable, or is it on you to do things which make you comfortable, or at least let others know you are uncomfortable?

I find the whole other people might be offended thing to be thought-police-ish at best and just stupid political correctness at worst. If you're offended, you personally, then damned well say so, but trying to limit behaviour because someone else might be offended is something I personally see as an affront to hard-won freedoms. I stand with the quote wrongly attributed to Voltaire on this one.

Awards

+1  Dode

I'm not a fan tbh....

It reminds me of what I'm not getting my hands on..... and also lets be fair gents its not tricky to find a mind boggling cornucopia of pictures of ladies on the internet in various states of undress.....from Victorian 'ooo look at that ankle' to gynaecology! 

My personal preference is to skip it... is it really that great to have in the OCC forum?

Its funny, a simple old fashioned grumble mag is almost naive and charming in its own way, kids today don't realise how 'lucky' they are with an Aladdin's cave of grot in almost infinite variety a mere one handed internet browse away...... I actually kind of feel sorry for them.