Occ And Bb2

Pidpad

To end (some) of the speculation about OCC and it's future we've decided to announce the following.

We will start a BB2 league when certain conditions are met. Those conditions will not be made public at this time.

Rest assured though you'll have plenty of warning in advance (roughly a month) before it's started.

The plan is to use the same league structure for the BB2 league as we currently use for the league, but it will be reviewed when we know how many participants we have.

To sort out seeding for the first season we'll start out by having a bit of a seeding tournament, exact details pending, so we can rank everyone and seed them accordingly. That means that winning the first BB2 season proper will mean something. 

What happens to the BB1 league you ask?

It keeps going parallel to the BB2 one. There are no plans to abandon that, what so ever.

Why don't we start a BB2 league right now?

Lack of racial diversity and lack of admins in general are the main things.

DOCC teams, can those be used?

No.

If you have any questions (apart from what the conditions for starting the BB2 league is) feel free to ask. I'll answer what I can.

If you have ideas on how we can improve things, feel free to share.

"It keeps going parallel to the BB2 one. There are no plans to abandon that, what so ever."

So the OCC league in BB2 will be more of a reboot than a continuation?

Would any of the history/records of the BB1 league be carried over?

Will it start at season 1?

Cap - We're planning a dual system with OCC leagues for BB1 and BB2. So it's more of a restructuring than a reboot.

Sadly, a lot of the historical information you're asking about was already lost when BBM got wiped.

I think Dode stated that Necro, Norse, Nurgle and Undead are account for *a high percentage* of the teams coaches use.

Personally, I'd imagine that when these teams are added, it's time to switch and BB1 occupies the same kind of slot that the DOCC has.

(Though it would be nice to have stunties as an option!). 

Awards

The current plan for the seeding tournament is to let people keep those teams for the BB2 league. Everyone will (if we can figure out how) play an equal amount of matches.

Ah right....

..similar to how a rookie team starting out in the Snotling Soda Cup could join the Orca Cola League?

Cap - We're planning a dual system with OCC leagues for BB1 and BB2. So it's more of a restructuring than a reboot.

Sadly, a lot of the historical information you're asking about was already lost when BBM got wiped.

One of the things I love about the OCC is the history. I liked reading about the Flix years (won the OCC five seasons in a row, seasons 5 to 10 or something, for those that don't know), and seeing Inxi's (or something, Hobnail's super skink of old) touch down record being beaten by Hawca.

I know a lot was lost with bbm, but I'm sure a record of the winners, most touch downs etc have been kept somewhere by Pidpad?

I imagined the BB1 OCC would run to say, season 35, then season 36 would be on bb2, after a qualification/seeding tournament happened.

The dual system - I get that it means there isn't a set final season, and it doesn't mean that those with a good enough computer (like myself) will still have a league to play in. But I imagine the OCC BB1 league will get quiet pretty quickly, it's shrinking already I believe. Once it has shrunk some, the challenge of winning the OCC when there are 50 teams rather than 200 odd, won't be the same. Especially as the OCC title is being competed for on BB2, in some cases by the same coaches. It seems a bit messy, for me. And the sense of the history of the OCC gets confused.

I realise this is a thread saying what the plan is rather than one asking how it should be done. But just sharing my initial thoughts on it.

I have the final standings of every single season for the top division (missing some TD differentials though, S1-3).

I have seasonal records. For all-time records you should check with Hawca. He's the one who started the thread, but I'm not sure how up to date he's kept the records.

There will be two OCC titles to fight for (which will be a smidge confusing, I'll grant that).

The idea behind it though, is to make sure that it's "safe" to re-roll in BB1, your team wont become useless fairly quickly due to a switch.

One of the things I love about the OCC is the history. I liked reading about the Flix years (won the OCC five seasons in a row, seasons 5 to 10 or something, for those that don't know), and seeing Inxi's (or something, Hobnail's super skink of old) touch down record being beaten by Hawca.

The thing about legends is you don't need exact numbers. ;)

I admit I didn't even consider that you could just keep going in BB1 after the switch, but I do like the idea. As long as the numbers are there, there's no point to stop. As for admins, you won't exactly need double the numbers. The BB1 league will inevitably keep shrinking, and I think the BB2 one will need some time to get established and start growing.

The current plan for the seeding tournament is to let people keep those teams for the BB2 league. Everyone will (if we can figure out how) play an equal amount of matches.

Force Cyanide to implement Swiss Draw. :D (It can be faked already, but heckuva lot of work)

Awards

Yeah, well, they've said a lot of things. After an initial surge of communication and action from them the recent lull has caused me to revert to my more usual cynical opinion of them. There are some good things coming, I'm just not confident in their ability or desire (which may be due to financial issues - pure speculation based on sales figures) to finish the game.

Awards