How Are Your Vamp Teams Doing?

Isha

Well I've decided to reroll.

My team is not showing any signs of development in either performances or actual team development.  In fact it's gradually becoming a worse team.

If I had someone I could see getting to Legend withing a couple of seasons then I'd probably have continued, but the nearest is 50 SPP away and they're the least able to spp farm.

So I'll be going Orcs next season as it's been a while since I played pure bash.

However I'm planning on starting a new Vamp team over in the next season at bbtactics, just have to come up with an appropriate punny name first.

Awards

8 hours ago, jrpeart said:

Well I've decided to reroll.

My team is not showing any signs of development in either performances or actual team development.  In fact it's gradually becoming a worse team.

If I had someone I could see getting to Legend withing a couple of seasons then I'd probably have continued, but the nearest is 50 SPP away and they're the least able to spp farm.

So I'll be going Orcs next season as it's been a while since I played pure bash.

However I'm planning on starting a new Vamp team over in the next season at bbtactics, just have to come up with an appropriate punny name first.

I have never played Orc so that was my first aim. But now Andy won with them it's less interesting. 

Good luck! 

OK I'm joining this hallowed crowd and had a practice game or two (with a copy of my team).

Orcs were a handful and I felt a bit lost so any pointers on how to not just auto-lose and get smashed would be neat!

High Elves I managed a win but even that felt like hard work!

I suspect I'm in for a rough time of it initially but it gets a bit better for season two right? :D

Awards

Move thralls first, plan for bloodlust on every move.  If you base a player for any reason, gaze it.  Those are the only vampire specific things I can think of right now.

Push your luck and and get a blodge vamp ASAP.  It will be a nightmare for the rest of the league.

Did you do the 4/4 start?  I think most of us agree on this. 

My advice would be to hunt for the ball, some teams can play around and come to it eventually, but vamps benefit the most from a quick counter touchdown. Also, consider this, you should always pick attack first, and even if they score on you(yes, I mean exactly what I mean) , don't be too upset, defense is the real offence drive for the vampires, so you should aim to get as many of those as possible. 

I need at least four vampires and use thralls for food so I don't care if I have loners.  Sometimes you need two or three gazers to get there.

I always take the ball and score as I feel it creates a sense of urgency in my opponent for them to score, making ball hawking easier.

Edited by Kjelstad

32 minutes ago, Kjelstad said:

I need at least four vampires and use thralls for food so I don't care if I have loners.  Sometimes you need two or three gazers to get there.

I always take the ball and score as I feel it creates a sense of urgency in my opponent for them to score, making ball hawking easier.

This is my kind of logic!  4 it is!  Do you buy an Apo and then bench?

Awards

Yep 4 vamp 4 reroll start, then apo then Thralls for a bench.

Once you have 3 Blodge Vamps and a bench consider whether you feel comfortable getting the 5th Vamp.

That's my plan for my new Vamp team in my other league when they start the next season.

Edited by jrpeart

Awards

I get an apo.  It is usually a few seasons before I get a bench.  Back when we didn't have a treasury limit I would save up a million.  I am alone on not having a bench I believe.

As soon as all four have blodge I get a fifth.  I would worry about leveling them more than winning in their first season.   That means don't stall.  Run that score up. 

So, I've actually really enjoyed a 3 vamp 13-man start (with an apo that gets used on thralls only in the second half, and only if it's a -ST or dead). I then build up to a roster of 16 ASAP. DP is the first skill I take on the first thrall to level. I realize though that I play vamps a bit differently than most. Usually, my first half will focus more on knocking players down and removing them through fouls, unless the opponent gives me an opportunity to put pressure on the ball. More often than not, I have a player advantage by the second half, and hopefully I have stopped my opponent from scoring. I'm personally always measuring how much bench I have left for fouling with.

Next purchases are a 4th vamp (ideally after some team development), and then (if no thrall has become a Leader), to buy a 4th RR. If I have a leader, then it's 5th vamp first, followed by a RR. I will also usually only pick up another vamp once my current ones all have at least 2 levels.

Just an alternative to the 4/4 start that I've found to work. With 4/4, early games can sometimes leave you without a full team on the pitch in the second half. Both methods are viable, but wanted to offer an alternative.

Pretty much never stall with Vamps, there's nothing worse than your last Thrall near the goalline getting removed then rolling bloodlust on your ball carrier.

Besides you are better on defense anyway.

Awards

there are a lot of different styles here.  Razzle likes to foul, Valentine preserves his team and I think I am the only player without Mighty Blow

My game is relentlessly hunting the ball and pushing my luck to go up 3-0 by the half and trying to hold out with my remaining five players in the second half.

Our first normal thrall skill is kick.  I want the ball in range or to be able to catch a blitz.

Hey, i didn't realise this thread was still around after the move! 

So quick question, I've got my fifth skill choice for my star vamp whose currently got 7458 blodge. New skill is another +ag!! Nothing special on the rest of the team. 

Normally I would go with side step or tackle.. But ag 6 would be a bit special!