Economy

Alber1ch

The Bank accounts are easy.

You pay to get the bank account and the get interest on all the money invested in it. The interest is added every 14 days.

If you go into global settings you can see this.

Long Term investments should get updated every 21 days but this may not be working.

Not sure how long term investments work but I would guess that the higher the risk the quicker the value changes and the more chance of it dropping. I don't think it looks at the stocks that are available and buys them.

The stocks get automatically updated every 4 days the same way that the long term investments should. However they are also updated each week based on the results in division 1.

I have found that the easiest way to make money is to write lots on the boards. So get writing those match reports and suggesting what skills people should take. Then stick the money on a division 1 team and hope they win.

I have found that the easiest way to make money is to write lots on the boards. So get writing those match reports and suggesting what skills people should take. Then stick the money on a division 1 team and hope they win.

True. And i am fond of the odd match report. What i don't like though is how they've shifted all the reports and hidden them in a sub folder of the Gazette. As its in a sub folder, even if people make new posts, when viewing it from the Forum main page it wont come up as unread (should be a little green circle, but instead its grey). I reckon not many people know where there new location is too. IMO its much better if they were shifted back to each divisions section. It makes it way easier to spot and more likely that people from your division will actually realise there is a new match report, read it and comment.

True. And i am fond of the odd match report. What i don't like though is how they've shifted all the reports and hidden them in a sub folder of the Gazette. As its in a sub folder, even if people make new posts, when viewing it from the Forum main page it wont come up as unread (should be a little green circle, but instead its grey). I reckon not many people know where there new location is too. IMO its much better if they were shifted back to each divisions section. It makes it way easier to spot and more likely that people from your division will actually realise there is a new match report, read it and comment.

Easily solved with a post in the MD thread (or other place) with a link to the report. That's what I did for my first report with these elves.

The reason the match reports were moved was to get more people writing and reading them. Too early to tell if if was a good move yet.

Easily solved with a post in the MD thread (or other place) with a link to the report. That's what I did for my first report with these elves.

The reason the match reports were moved was to get more people writing and reading them. Too early to tell if if was a good move yet.

In the frenzy of report writing, how am i supposed to think of such things?

My current opinion is that its a failure, mainly because of it not showing on the main forum page when new posts are made. If this could be fixed it might work, but that would mean you would have to change it from being a sub-folder, as it is currently.

But give it some time and see i guess. Certainly i noticed that the number of match reports in the last few seasons (in my divisions at least) have really decreased. So anything that helps to increase them can only be a good thing.

Wait, why has my listed gold more than doubled, without me doing anything to it?

Not that I mind numbers going up by themselves, but I thought one would have to invest or SOMETHING. :P

It just did it by 2 more, now, in the time it took to write this! Egads, goblins.

In the frenzy of report writing, how am i supposed to think of such things?

My current opinion is that its a failure, mainly because of it not showing on the main forum page when new posts are made. If this could be fixed it might work, but that would mean you would have to change it from being a sub-folder, as it is currently.

But give it some time and see i guess. Certainly i noticed that the number of match reports in the last few seasons (in my divisions at least) have really decreased. So anything that helps to increase them can only be a good thing.

Seems weird, the entire, big Gazette capsule is green on my side?

Edit: Ooops, by clicking the big capsule, it put all the posts below as read! :(

Ok, well, it is going away from the Economy thingie, so this will be my last post in this matter. I guess it is helped if we move ALL match reports to one folder, right? That was my intention from the beginning, so this is another reason to move all the reports for S11 to that library, then create a subdirectory for each season. I'll take it with Rayxxx, we have that discussion in PMs.

For craps sake!!

I sold my Eldo-stocks (600 gold) yesterday. Today they rise 46%!!! I hate this game, worse than being a goblin on a dwarf-field Gutted.gif

No luck. I bought in to Eldo after selling my LoD stocks for double what I payed. Not to rub it in or anything....

edit to add: sold them again, and bought LoD back and made a wee bit of profit. The two match up next matchday, so hopefully I've backed the right pony..

Awards