Orca-Cola Cast #12 : We Know, We Know...we Stink. Ft. Smoked!

xanderv

Screw those guys, Xan and Juriel. I love your podcast. I've listened to all of them, and it's literally the only podcast I've listened to. I've been waiting impatiently for when you cover elf-types as they are my favorite teams to play, but I know it will be a while yet.

See, even blood bowl coaches that do not hate on having fun approve!

Honestly you guys are great.  I've forced my wife to listen to a few blood bowl podcasts in the car with me and you guys are the ONLY ones she doesn't mind.  That's an endorsement right there!  You could use it as a tag line:

Coaches who don't hate fun and women who do hate blood bowl approved!

I really enjoy all your podcasts they are very vell produced imho.

Even listening to them when i'm on the road (work)

Or doing stuff at home :)

And i allways check the dugouts hoping for next episode!

Your doing an awesome job Mr X & J

seconded... i regularly listen to them... ive listened to all at least twice, some several times

I have all the episodes on my phone and quite often listen to them again when I'm facing an opponent that has been covered.

Fantastic podcast and I really do think none of the others are even close to the quality and professionalism as yours

Was that enough praise to get you working on the next one!?

kinda professional work with all those special effects. you seem to be prepared to get the important things done.

good guests. good to listen to other peoples point of view. some fun. 

you don't take yourself too serious. thats a plus, too.

despite my bad connection and a broken rig in the past, i have not yet been able to listen to all those episodes.

but those i have downloaded already, i did listen to them at least twice each..

it is not, that one can't find similar info written down in some tactics advisor somewhere.

it is the way you (and your guests) do provide that info and its attachment to occ that does make it my most favorite podcast.

good work. keep it going..

can't wait until amazons are done. 

There was an interesting comparison to Nurgle made by Paul Deacon aka Seborg when he talked Underworld on 3DB. He said Nurgle are the passive mutant team because they are stronger on the opponent's turn than their own, while Underworld are the active mutant team as they are strong on their turn but weak on their opponent's. It would be interesting to hear you guys contribute your own thoughts on that.

There was an interesting comparison to Nurgle made by Paul Deacon aka Seborg when he talked Underworld on 3DB. He said Nurgle are the passive mutant team because they are stronger on the opponent's turn than their own, while Underworld are the active mutant team as they are strong on their turn but weak on their opponent's. It would be interesting to hear you guys contribute your own thoughts on that.

Interesting point. Taken.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. With being able to take Mutations on normals, Underworld has a lot more flexibility to develop 'flavor' skills to make up for or exploit situations, and they rely on that flavor. They are also faster than Nurgle in addition to being weaker, meaning they are more reactive rather than trying to use pitch control and area denial to dictate the game flow.

UWD Blitzers are arguably the best ones in the game, able to take every skill they need on only normal rolls.

Awards

I seem to have missed an epic pissing war...

I kinda met Chase at the last NAF and everything...

He was on the table next to me for game 6 vs Nonumber...

<subdues another epic rant>

Give me those address's, let me loose on their forums, I'll serve them a piece of my mind...

Ok, maybe don't...

Meh, no need. Basically everybody apologized before I even had to defend myself. Well, the Pitch Invasion guys didn't but I hardly care about their opinion anyway, so...I could give your THEIR address. :D

It'd likely be useful to have a Verbal as a guard dog...you let him loose and he drowns the opposition in insults before they even have a chance to react. Love it.

I understand the principle of the argument, but while passive Nurgle abilities like FA and DP (and tentacles to some extent), are annoying for opponents, they are more often situational and certainly not 'strong' comparatively to clawpomb spam, which remains Nurgle's active threat,

That makes a lot of sense, actually. With being able to take Mutations on normals, Underworld has a lot more flexibility to develop 'flavor' skills to make up for or exploit situations, and they rely on that flavor. They are also faster than Nurgle in addition to being weaker, meaning they are more reactive rather than trying to use pitch control and area denial to dictate the game flow.

UWD Blitzers are arguably the best ones in the game, able to take every skill they need on only normal rolls.

Nurgle also take mutations on normals, and pesti's have exactly the same skill options as UWD blitzers.  You can argue the toss on the difference between a UWD blitzer and a pestigor.  Pesti's get regen, which is very nice for a killer that is likely to be targeted by other killers.

(inb4 pesti's aren't blitzers)

I suppose the main problem for Underworld is that they are kind of a bash team which should go for the 2-1 grind. But with a bunch of poorly armoured skaven and some squishy goblins they will struggle a lot to keep a number advantage against most teams.

Awards