Trial Rule Evaluation

Pidpad

I already said it was my opinion a few posts ago. I'm not going to keep reposting "IMO" just to keep you happy ;)

Surely almost all posts are merely opinion, anyway? Saying "that's just your opinion" is not actually a counter-argument, it's just stating the obvious.

I ma ok, but some people may not read all your posts (lovely as they are! :P ), and the fact that you admin over here (correct me if I am wrong?) makes your words carry special weight.

As for the adminned vs real thing, adminned wins get other advantages in the form of no-risk SPP and cash while adminned losses are punished by receiving neither. The future effects of these will be seen in the standings.

I bet that some players in a promotion/relegation critical tie breaker situation would be really happy in the know that those 16 spp and cash would definitely give them a future promotion several months later, just not this one. Or make them avoid relegation maybe next season, just not this one... Come on. I d take those 2 TD difference before the SPP and cash any time specially if those 2 TD where the ones I needed for a promotion tie breaker or to avoid a relegation.

Plus, as Anglakhel was saying, there are some cases where an admined draw (no extra risk free spp or cash) also did not take into account pre existing TD differences anyways.

I'm with Dode on actual win being better than an adminned win..

Not only is it 16 SPP (which is more than many teams earn in a regular game) & extra cash, you get a win for a game you might very well have lost if you actually played it. Not to mention your MNGs come back without having being missed, and there's no chance for further injury on your team that matchday.

Anyhow. Don't care too much about the outcome of this as long as someone isn't ending up doing so much work due to this that he tires. If I ain't able to ensure me a spot with actual points, then I won't be annoyed no matter how ties are solved.

Awards

All hail Hawca, master of saving me oodles of time!

The spreadsheet he's created automagically tracks everything, all I have to do is enter results and I get tables.

We can use the same rules as this season (I can spend 10 mins each matchday entering results, that's no problem) and we wont have to rely on BBmanager.

Now, that's what I call a win :D

All hail Hawca, master of saving me oodles of time!

The spreadsheet he's created automagically tracks everything, all I have to do is enter results and I get tables.

We can use the same rules as this season (I can spend 10 mins each matchday entering results, that's no problem) and we wont have to rely on BBmanager.

Now, that's what I call a win :D

For clarity the tie breakers I have set are

Td difference

Td conceeded

If you want I can put in cas but that would require going into ever game to find out who did what. Lot of work but. Do able.

Only thing I can't do is make it appear online for viewing.

H

Awards

I'd be very curious to see the spreadsheet though. From a geeky point of view and as a potential to attempt for the league over at bbtactics. :lol:

Can sell this? Lol.

Once I know the final work is done. And I'm happy and pidpad is happy I will then release it to the public on condition credit stays with OCC for it. As lot of time will have been spent on it

Awards

Before I make this comment, it is important that people realise I know Hawca - he is my friend and I let him into my house and everything...

I am fucking astonished!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh. After this there will be no more letting him into your house I would imagine. Poor sod.

I see that Hawca might have a solution, but here are my 2 cents.

I bet that some players in a promotion/relegation critical tie breaker situation would be really happy in the know that those 16 spp and cash would definitely give them a future promotion several months later, just not this one. Or make them avoid relegation maybe next season, just not this one... Come on. I d take those 2 TD difference before the SPP and cash any time specially if those 2 TD where the ones I needed for a promotion tie breaker or to avoid a relegation.

The problem only is there because people are used to a +2 TD for admin matches.

With a clear rule at start of the season saying you get a no risk win with spps, money and all but +0 TD, almost no one would object.

Cause you also can reverse the thinking, a coach could be pissed of because of a match getting admined to a concurrent team with 3 pts where he was hoping a real match could have resulted in a no win, getting him a promotion instead. We all know some matches can turn to disaster, even for the supposed better one, so giving 3 points is already a nice thing.

And asking for our devoted directors to take more of their time to take into account those +2 TD forgotten by Cyanide (the real culprit here) isn't really respectful for them i feel.

Anyway, if tie breaker is on TDs, it means teams are very close, so both deserve almost equally the right to promote.

It's still a game, we just need to agree on the way it's held, and +0TD for an admined match feels completely viable to me.

For clarity the tie breakers I have set are

Td difference

Td conceeded

If you want I can put in cas but that would require going into ever game to find out who did what. Lot of work but. Do able.

That sounds great, but what would the rule be for TD difference in Admin results under that system?

Only thing I can't do is make it appear online for viewing.

That's actually something you can do very easily. Google docs allows you to import and edit excel documents online and you can choose who you give permission to edit it, as well as who can view the file online.

As the results are entered manually the admin results and played results are treated the same

Drop box could be an option that way pidpad and selected could update the scores. Thus helping out the work load

Awards

That's actually something you can do very easily. Google docs allows you to import and edit excel documents online and you can choose who you give permission to edit it, as well as who can view the file online.

My past experiences of Google docs are not great though. Rather avoid doing anything that involves that.

In essence the standings should be the same as the ones in BBmanager (assuming results are added correctly) with one minor difference: Teams tied on points and TD diff. I don't know what the next tie-breaker is in BBmanager and I doubt it's the same as we use.

A column to identify adminned wins and a drop-box to select whether the TDs count or not would be simple enough, wouldn't it?

That requires me to know which games are admined (and what score), and there's plenty each week.

Let's see how well the spreadsheet reduces time I spend on things first, then we can decide to make things complicated.

Heck, if we don't count TDs from admined games, why bother with a spreadsheet in the first place? We'd just use the ingame standings in that case.