BB2: Legendary edition

the Sage

Well, they had a lot more screenshots than they released, so I know they have models for most of the teams. Still, they were fairly cautious about the timeline, saying definitely 2017, and while they're aiming for this summer, they'd rather get it right than get it quick. So I wouldn't be too surprised if this became everyone's christmas 2017 gift instead. Seeing 24 races and all those great features by then would still make me very happy. I hope it also brings in a lot of new coaches and existing coaches from other formats.

It does seem like a good effort to keep the community alive and happy. And I think there's definitely interest growing out there, probably because of you guys (streamers).

I decided not to run any ads for S1 of OCC2 as we're still getting a lot of our ducks in a row. We still got nearly 50 new registrations.

I guess we do add a fair bit of visibility. I quite often also get people on the stream asking 'how do I join a league' or 'What leagues have a new season soon', so I do refer them to whichever one fits best at the time (or to the ReBBRL if they're new coaches).

• 2 months later...

That does sound good indeed. But there are still a couple of reasons why I would NOT be interested in it.

- if I'm not wrong they are still a bit away from having all the LRB6 teams implemented

- still the occasional bug (took cyanide quite some time to fix everything with BB1, will be the same there I guess)

- changes to the way the game is played. Which would be fine if those changes would be optional... but they are not :(

That being said it's probably a better game for new players since the UI is reportedly much better (BB1 does not give you any information about your dodge chances etc.).

I guess many of you already have both editions, so I would be interested to hear what you think about BB2 compared to BB1 ?

21 minutes ago, Runenstahl said:

I guess many of you already have both editions, so I would be interested to hear what you think about BB2 compared to BB1 ?

The main issue is that BB1 is dying out.  BB2 is not.  As for your points:

1.  They will have nearly all the CRP teams in on release.  We're at 16 now.

2.  Bugs are actively being fixed.  That's not something that happened with BB1.

3.  Optionality is coming in LE for a lot of stuff.

Awards

I find BB2 vastly superior to BB1. But I'm a newer player.

Mostly my issue was that BB1 had awful networking. Disconnects were a regular issue(I should say involuntary disconnects as even in BB2 my opponents will rage quit on turn 1 if they don't pick up the ball).
For me BB2 is a significantly better product in terms of UI, UX, stability and clarity.

But who cares what I think? I don't have the requisite time to join a league and play primarily in the CoL(where I've found significantly fewer asshats than simply the open league)
The legendary edition will be purchased for me by my wife for Christmas. Or after Christmas if it drops in December as I always wait a little bit before buying a game so that the bugs can be ironed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, Kingsrule77 said:

I find BB2 vastly superior to BB1. But I'm a newer player.

Mostly my issue was that BB1 had awful networking.

This. In BB1 about 10% of the games were not finished because of some network glitch. BB2 did not crash on me once yet.

This alone overweights everything else.

If I should mention one advantage of BB1, it's graphics, strangely. Most of the models looked better in BB1 IMO. Above all I hate BB2 skinks (lizardmen are my favourite team).

Added "quality" of BB2 just translates into more obtrusive, eye hurting animations for me - everything is wiggling and breathing and jumping up and down. Less is (was) more.

On the other hand, speaking of eye hurting, we no longer have the Norse pitch/very sunny combo, so... ;)

Edited by saila

I've always preferred BB1 graphics to BB2.  The most annoying part of BB2's graphics is player appearances not changing as they level up.

I'm going to have to find the mod people use to display BB2 skills, too.

A word of warning regarding the new UI: My opponent had some inducements but decided to add more of his cash, enough for me to be able to get BW babes. However, I received NO WARNING WHATSOEVER and the screen remained greyed, so I assumed I was not able to expend it. Only on last 5 seconds or so I realized there is a button called "my inducements" which allows you to ungrey it and pick up stuff. Very, very poor implementation.

5 minutes ago, Smiling Tom said:

A word of warning regarding the new UI: My opponent had some inducements but decided to add more of his cash, enough for me to be able to get BW babes. However, I received NO WARNING WHATSOEVER and the screen remained greyed, so I assumed I was not able to expend it. Only on last 5 seconds or so I realized there is a button called "my inducements" which allows you to ungrey it and pick up stuff. Very, very poor implementation.

The opponent adding cash doesn't increase your inducements. The bank rule is in effect before you do inducements (money in bank above 150k add to TV), so that might give you extra cash. But once you are past your inducement screen, you can't go back to spend again.

Sometimes, and I know this is a 'grey area', I've been known to hoard some cash and then - even when ahead in TV - buy a Wizard...

It does make you a bigger favourite for the match; I usually do it when I'm really worried about the opposition!

And it never gives the opponent more inducement cash.

PS: not done it in OCC...yet!

Personally, I find that BOTH BB1 and BB2 have unfair inducement phases...in BB1 you can be 10K behind and just think that 10TV less (or more) would be the difference between wizard and no wizard; in BB2 you can spend your entire bank to nullify the opposition's inducements. Usually this results in you both get a wizard!

This all said, Blood Bowl just isn't a fair game!

Awards