Hobnail Bootas Team Blog

Hobnail

Except on a team where you have no regular access to guard. Unless your are multiblocking snotlings it doesn't sound like a good idea.

I'd say ST all the way, you can't deny a gift like that without risking Nuffle's Wrath !

I may be wrong (hell I usually am!) but I don't think you can actually pick MultiBlock if you have Frenzy and vice versa.

Faaairly sure it's a combo even the rulebook says you can't have.

But ST all the damned way.  And please never end up in my division...I might be forced to pay 150K for a wizard and pray...

I may be wrong (hell I usually am!) but I don't think you can actually pick MultiBlock if you have Frenzy and vice versa.

Faaairly sure it's a combo even the rulebook says you can't have.

Don't worry, you are completely wrong.

Grab and Frenzy is the illegal combo.

Multi-Block and Frenzy is often listed as a "Frenzy managing" skill, since having it can mean avoiding frenzy traps by invoking it.

Awards

OK Bootaz fans....MD2 ended in a 1-1 draw with Cookie Ogres RRless Nurgle - this was the fastest 4min game I ever played at about 50minutes!! Go watch it, its fucking hilarious :D

Fletch still refuses to let Loner and Wild Animal affect him: 2/3 and 12/14 passed respectively. Plus our blocking success was 76%.

Anyway, here's what the fans are waiting for:

Fouls Thrown: 7

Sent Off: 5

Failed to break armour: 1

Stun: 5

KO: 0

Cas: 1 (Dead - failed regen)

So we are averaging 4.5 sendings off per game thus far...

Levelled a Hob, so will let you know how he levels - obv unless he rolls unusual, its DP.

Almost forgot....Fletch was given the Touchback after the Nurgle equaliser and made a bid for the line - it obviously confused him as he promptly failed a loner AND WA roll immediately he was given the ball....he nearly made it though and got eventually taken down by a 1D block and then broke his neck in the final turn when trying to get free again.......his personal physician, hired at the start of the game, came on to save the day though.

MD3 was a riot :DGrashnak Blackhoof paid a visit to see what all the fuss was about - two ST6 Minotaurs was good fun (for me). The Bootaz claim their first OCC win!!! Might be worth sending a ref to officiate next time ;)

Fouls Thrown: 10

Sent Off: 1

Failed to break armour: 2

Stun: 4

KO: 2

Cas: 2 (both BH)

MD3 was a riot :DGrashnak Blackhoof paid a visit to see what all the fuss was about - two ST6 Minotaurs was good fun (for me). The Bootaz claim their first OCC win!!! Might be worth sending a ref to officiate next time ;)

Fouls Thrown: 10

Sent Off: 1

Failed to break armour: 2

Stun: 4

KO: 2

Cas: 2 (both BH)

I see Fletch racked up a couple more casualties as well.

And the Chaos team got to field 4 players for their T16 stump time.

I'm a bit disappointed though - I didn't see you fouling in T16 before walking in the winning TD :clown:

Awards

I see Fletch racked up a couple more casualties as well.

And the Chaos team got to field 4 players for their T16 stump time.

I'm a bit disappointed though - I didn't see you fouling in T16 before walking in the winning TD :clown:

I never said I was purposely gonna throw games away lol

Yea Fletch is 2 cas away from lvl3

You kind of threw MD2 away getting half the team ejected fouling silly rotter after you clearly had control. But both games were great to watch so thanks for that.

MD2 wasnt about going for the win! And its hard to say you ever have control with hobgoblins, but it was more about getting my eagle Eye Award in only my second game :D

MD3 ticked all the boxes though: fouled lots and won the game. :ninja:

So I'm guessing the +ST decision was the right choice?  =)

Also, not sure of your long term plans, but putting Wrestle on a few of your Hobgobs will help with fouling... especially when you start targeting Blodge players.  It doesn't HAVE to be Dirty Player on every one.   ;)